Legendary Pictures got the right for a live action pokemon movie

and it's gonna be about Detective Pikachu

archive.is/Q9yIJ

Well, not every time a company gets the rights to something they end up doing anything with it.
Unless they actually go into production I'll say this will lead to nothing.

Are pokemons going to become the new minions?

As I said in the other thread cross media will always be shit. It's another strike against it that danny devito is not the voice for pikachu.

You mean cgi shitfest?

Pokemon is bad but it was never that bad.

It can't get as bad as minions.
Pokemon is good based of merit.
Minions is good based of marketing.

Are you joking? Where were you late 90's/early 2000's? Pokémon was a force of fucking nature.

Were you born in 2006 or something?

Counterpoint; good marketing can occur at any given point, and good merit can be easily abandoned for the sake of profitability. Also, fuck you.

Except Pokemon has around 500 characters (151 good ones) that allow variety.
Its based on a game, which has a T.V. show, several movies.
Which spawned more games, which spawned more T.V. shows.

Pokemon today may be shit but its based on a foundation of history that goes back 20 years.

Minions was fucking retarded and the only reason anyone thought it was important was because its one fucking anything.

People see pickachu and they think of the game they played when younger or the ones their children played which allowed father to get the Mrs. to blow him.

What part of 'fuck you' did you not understand?

In what way was Pokemon anywhere near as bad as Minions, Pokemon was a great idea and a great few games, Minions was unfunny filler from an unfunny film that kids for being fucking stupid just liked.

Looks like a massive flop, instead of legal live action animal fighting we get some detective ass bullshit.

Shame.

sorry your opinion is wrong

FUCK YOU

Only Gen 1 pokemon and Misty matter.
and may

*Seagal

>And could possibly be voiced by danny devito
PLEASE KEK, MAKE IT SO

Devito needs to voice Pikachu. It just has to be.

IF DUBS DANNY DEVITO VOICES PIKACHU

Oh god the fucking Danny Deviot Autists are gunna ask for a Cameo

And flood the fucking page with shitty ass memes

We're not even getting started, cuntbitch. Devito will run Holla Forums. Your daughters will marry Devito, and have Devito children.

It's either this or a remake of explorers of sky where he voices wigglytuff
Stop pooping on the party and let us have this

Meme magic will make it so

I think that's a real possibility.

Most of the people I know haven't played a real pokemon game in almost a decade. But they still buy pokemon merchandise and post pokemon memes on kikebook constantly.

It's weird.

And now things are only going to get worse as pokemon gets another boost in popularity from phone games

Didn't he say no?

I'm just funposting, I have no idea about what is going on
I just want Pikachu's voice to be Danny Devito

I'd rather make him more hard-boiled and shit - maybe get James McCaffrey to do it.

Let's go over the franchises Legendary could have done that would have been better ideas:
And yet they're making fucking Pokemon. It was a nice try Nintendo, but it looks like movies simply aren't your thing.

Pokemon hits the kid audience harder than anything, that's brand recognition, marketability and longevity all rolled into one.

Only LoZ would've done a fraction as well as a movie as Pokémon would.

Could've done a Mario movie. The extremely deep lore permits it. A war movie about the Wart's troops from Subcon invading the Mushroom Kingdom would be cool.

I knew all these years of staying alive would amount to something

Fuck all y'all. A live action movie with a CGI Pikachu running around solving mysteries is going to be fucking awesome.

Fuck this gay earth

Where the fuck have you been? Its gonna have another boom maybe, but what the fuck makes you think this is new?

God. Dammit.

Who even likes Pikachu?

Nintendo better release 2nd Gen mons on Pokemon Go soon. Otherwise, I'm sure the hype will finally die down.

Pandora's trying to tell me something.

It's too late for that.

Nintendo made bank on pokemon and mobile phones. They'll capitalize on it, and as usual nosedive into the ground with it.

Danny Devito as detective pikachu is a pretty good fucking meme

you know it

It could turn out well if Pikachu only showed up for 1% of the movie

So is it gonna be Smurfs/Pixel tier bad? I can't imagine Hollywood not fucking this up.

pokemon was the minions before the minions

But Pokemon is cool with the normalfags again ever since Pokemon GO got released ya doofus, Legendary are just a bunch of corporate zionist dullards who want to make as much dosh as possible, 80% of their films suck.

Guess what site is excited over this?

who

NeoFAG

Pokemon was only extremely popular with kids. It was rare for teenagers or adults to say they liked it. Nowadays it's part of chic geek shit obviously. Compare with how normalfag 30-50 year olds buy Minion birthday cakes or car stickers or all that other shit.

Also user! Only 15 types matter! Also only BITE, KARATE CHOP, GUST, and SAND-ATTACK being NORMAL moves matters! Also! Only LICK not affecting psychic-types matters! In addition! Only SPECIAL matters!

Anyone else worried that the massive influx of normalfags for Pokemon Go and now this movie (which will be a hit simply on nostalgia alone, more so if the CG isn't total shit) will influence future main series games in a negative way?

Gen 1 pandering in XY was already a sign something like this would happen

Well it's already shit, so no.