Game comes out with a bit of hype before the release

This happens way too much here.

With Undertale, the hype hit near immediately, partially thanks to tumblr and furry websites. The autism was off the charts to begin with and the general threads were pure normalfag fandom cancer from the start.

As for the other two, you're somewhat more accurate.

And those people will call you tumblr while being triggered that something they dont like is being discussed in their safespace

This is just pathetic bait.

I think that mindset is fine. Sue me.

In the case of undertale, I played it when the demo was released, and no one gave a shit about it back then. After months and months of seeing disgusting people latching on to it, it's not a surprise I would end up hating it. It's human nature. You can't say that never happened to you. It happens to everyone.
So yeah, Undertale is shit.
Also people still like TWD season 1, season 2 was horrible.

Thanks for identifying yourself as new and not remembering the days when the Demo came out and people were waiting for it.

You are pathetically new. What website did you come from?

You're acting like Holla Forums's weird super susceptibility to reverse peer pressure is anything new? That problem has been around for a lot longer than your examples.

Anyway, if you want to solve the problem, you need to make more people realize that first, you don't catch cooties by liking the same thing as people with cooties. And second, always doing the opposite of what the crowd likes is still letting the crowd control you. Just like what you like for your own personal reasons regardless of who else likes it.

Sorry I learned to filter shit threads.

No. Just because a few autist circle jerked about these games for months doesn't make them good.

Sorry bub, I always thought the first two pics were shit. And I don't play weebshit, so I have no idea about pic 3

Wow user, I have been browsing for 20 years. You sure showed me.

That's what Holla Forums is. It's where people vent, contrarians look for others to affirm their views and autists to build their own little hugbox.
But is Katawa Shoujo actually suffering that effect? I thought it was still fairly popular on Holla Forums

Rollan

What actually happens

And yet you still shit post.

Missed it the first time. Rolling.

It gets shit on in VN threads usually, and rightfully so. There's much better VNs out there. Katawa is pretty mediocre.

kek. See you weren't there when those were big then.

I want to cum on those eyelashes

At least its better than the gamergays shit

Gamergate is literally the same shit. Just replace videogame with movement

Your opinion is just wrong user.

I was never into Undertale, it didn't interest me. The problem wasn't that Tumblr loved it, the problem was that their cancerous fanbase turned up in droves (or converted a lot of anons here to cancer, maybe both), and ruined most discussion of it on Holla Forums.

No one said that but it definitely has trends.

But this is undeniably true for undertale. People are still pretending they didn't like it.
I watched as people appluded the gay romances as not being shoehorned, people speculated about gaster and a new thread was made practically every day. maybe about 2-3 months later, it wasn't very long, it reached tumblr and spun out of control, people began to call it cancer and hate it.
It wasn't a few people who liked it, if that were true it would have been getting shit on from the beginning when the generals were created. This is just another case of "I don't like it because it's got to the autists".
I understand the feeling, but don't sit there and deny that's the reason.

They both grew much faster and much more exponentially around release, my point still stands.

I don't even like undertale but this is stupid.

fixed

In what universe?

That shit was rotten.
Undertale fans were denying the death of the fanbase to spite people who hated them, so they kept those threads up until it turned into 'ironic' RP, fanfics, all that jazz. I doubt they were having fun in those threads honestly, they just wanted to fill the gap. Everyone seemed dead.

honestly, this user pretty much described it:
I recognize that you are right to say there were a lot of undertale fans on Holla Forums back when it first came out. But not everyone was praising it and those of us who weren't got really sick of all the shit threads. So we started shitposting, meanwhile, the general threads were getting progressively worse as it turned into some sort of weird erotic roleplay shit if my memory serves me correctly so all the anons who at least had some decency decided to join in the shitposting.

might as well roll since I forgot to in my last post

That's debatable. It's only a few people here and there.
To be fair, it takes you awhile to realize that it's not really a game.
Like, I loved it back in the day, then I thought about how most of my choices end with the same results.

How so? What constitutes a bad vn? Vns are barely vidya.

The writing? I mean what else?
I myself like KS and VNs in general but thats a silly question.

Except that's bullshit. Most people there agree that KS is great as an entry-tier VN and also decent in its own right.

No, what ruined discussion of Undertale on Holla Forums was autists who are so perverse to perception. Fucking seriously. The greatest strength of the board's anonymity is supposed to be that we can separate identity and politics from the matter at hand and thus talk about any game openly and liberally, yet instead of doing that it's one of the most identity-sensitive boards on the fucking web. You can't like this game - SJWs like that and you might get SJW cooties!

If anything can drive people from Holla Forums to tumblr, it's not any supposed progressive bullshit in a game, it's the push for an echo chamber that makes people give up on the board.

I prefer these ones, myself.

bait? its a cuckchan tier problem that somehow made its way here

White eyelashes are my fetish.

Yeah, but what parts about KS are bad? I'd argue that only Shizune's is bad which is universally accepted, and Hanako's seems to be seen as moebait by critics. Emi, Lilly and Rin seem to all be considered good with your favourite depending on what you prefer in a story.

Undertale general was a tumblr colony

absolutely and irrefutably wrong
notice that not only is the autism 4 months after the game hit it off, but they share a common theme, music
furthermore they're referential of the two "interesting" characters related to a controversial hidden ending which is guaranteed to get views
undertale is a practice in excellent 10/10 marketing because of what it brought to the table, themed music that's not only shareable but fits into the story in some way
the biggest parallel I can think of is touhou, and dodging shit to good music is apparently highly cathartic with mass appeal that touhou doesn't have because touhou is generally hard and it's foreign, undertale went up on steam day fucking one and was built to be relate-able even if the characters suffered badly for it
you fuckers dismissing it offhand miss the point and it's that Radiation is a marketing genius and shot be learned from
even all that beside ignoring that homegrown earthboundfags shilled this game hard as fuck is ludicrous

undertale lasted 3 weeks before it lost 'favor'
the walking dead lasted a week
ks lasted a solid fucking year
all three of these correlate to perceptions of muh normalfags/autism "ruining" the content related and making it contrarian to shitpost about it, not Holla Forums (one person) deciding "enough is enough"

I think the music theory is solid. I played through Undertale, and it was generally okay. I never understood the hate. The gameplay wasn't really that great outside a few parts, and the story is mediocre and horribly delivered, but other than that, the game doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, and it has some unique strengths, like the save fuckery.

That music is catchy as fuck though.

also note the two most popular themes were in the two major moments of the game, the "boss" and then the real hardest boss, the only actually difficult fight in the entire game
bergentruckung kicking in and megalovania's tonal shifts during the sans fight were the only parts that impressed me during the entire thing and neither would have been meaningful without the music
the music being 'good' made the game popular and re-affirmed the player's enjoyment leading to the player sharing the music which lead to more players, more sharing, rince and repeat
it's fucking genius even if it was probably accidental
also for
fags, you can compare active media analytics on a number of sites and it's not even a 5th of the videos on pics related from my last post, and those are years old, when homestuck was at the height of popularity
even tumblr niggers mostly jumped ship by the time undertale actually happened

I think it's more like this:

>Most Holla Forumsirgins get discouraged and annoyed by obnoxious fanbases to an insane point, where nobody can actually differentiate the game from it's fanbase If the fanbase is shit, that means that the game is also shit!
>Finally the discussion dies, but whether someone mentions a game it becomes a spark that lights the next flame albeit much smaller than before

At least that's what happened to Undertale

Oh, that and
>People realizing that the game wasn't that good to begin with Even if it wasn't a bad game either

theres also the bandwagon effect and people who just want to ruin someone elses fun. it can be quite a rush.
there are plenty of reasons why this kind of thing happens.

I always thought Spider Dance was the best.

I don't think I'd play the game again, but I'd definitely recommend the soundtrack. The use of leitmotiv was actually pretty good, and it had a good number of strong themes (even if they really just culminated in the main pieces, being Heartbreak, Bergentrückung, Spider Dance, and Undertale).

I've written this same post like 3 times, so I'm just going to shorten it here. I've been writing vidya music for years now. I think I'm pretty good at it at this point. As a music composer myself I've noticed a number of lazy areas in Undertale's soundtrack. Basically, the problem is leitmotifs without any rhyme or reason. Some leitmotifs, like the main theme in the final boss theme, or boss themes having the area theme in there, make sense. They are related.

Other times, the motifs just seem like toby's laziness. Like he didn't want to write more music and so he just changed the tempo and key of another song and went "WELP GOOD ENOUGH". The best example I can think of is the Waterfall theme, which, while being quite good on its own, is actually just a slowed-down Ruins theme. These two areas have NO relations whatsoever, and the motif seems to just be Toby being a lazy ass. The same little tune can be found as filler in a bunch of Toby's other stuff.

The Undertale soundtrack is 1/4 really fucking good, 1/4 leitmotifs that manage to be decent, and the rest is filler garbage. It's like he made 10 original tunes and then proceeded to copy them EVERYWHERE. It feels so fucking lazy and leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

Megalovania, Spider Dance, Death by Glamour, and Dummy are really good, and I think he did a good job on those ones. The rest are pretty variable, but it's a matter of personal taste.

>>>/lgbt/

please just go to >>>/mtt/ and bunker there for three years until you can peacefully talk about undertale again