Subnautica General

Subnautica General

What is it?
Underwater Survival. You can craft and build.

Torrent
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:223EB67290E596915A2F25809A10B35F952BDD95&dn=subnautica+unstable+build+929+34593&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

I'm going to craft your boypussy user-senpai!!

So I just downloaded build 993, is there any major differences between 929 and 993?

ACTUAL UPDATE WHEN
I've never tried experimental mode, is it worth it ?

Experimental has a lovely tendency of crashing constantly and being REALLY buggy which offsets the cool new shit they add.

autasms

Is there not a randomly generated map or is that pic of a Holla Forums server's map? Is there a Holla Forums server?

The map is set on biome boarders and those five landmarks and Reaper locations.

and from my experience, not much is random. I don't think resources even respawn back in.

The map is hand-crafted, the resources and non-reaper spawns are random (including all item/schematic etc. spawns)

Also there's no multiplayer at the moment

Do resources respawn in any way?

Nope. Once you farm an area clean, you need to move on.

Does it run better than a year ago?

I believe they do, I noticed corals respawned every couple of days

Also I wouldn't worry about it, there are a
LOT
of resources on the entire map

yes? it also looks better

I'm not sure honestly, I think some do but that might be a mistake on my part. But with the battery/cell rechargers and giant aquariums, you can make renewable resources yourself.

This is the best game I've played since DF.

I played the second newest experimental build on kat.cr and lost my cyclops when I saved and reloaded. I can't find the latest stable torrent.

so which one of you isn't full of shit?

So an underwater minecraft? sounds terrible.

How do I get into the Aurora without running into a reaper?

Dunnoh im scrounging around it sometimes to get those free batterys in the boxes and havnt encountered one yet.

Here's the resources you'll need a lot of and will most noticably harvest
- copper
- quartz
- silver

I dunno what to tell you mang. I've had rounds where I cried for quartz and I've had rounds where I constantly sit on 40+ crystals in storage.

Holy shit

On the side of the aurora there's a small tunnel leading inside. Whatever you do, don't enter through the front, you'll shit your pants.
The aurora zone is fucking terrifying. I just wish it had more to explore. At this point it's just the outside part and the reactor.

Devs said fauna regenerates a few updates ago.
Not sure about flora.

Get any of Schiller's
"Die Einlassmusik" albums for perfect underwater tunes.

Why is salt so fucking hard to find holy shit

Make a couple of water filters.

What on Earth do I have to do in the early game?
I feel like I've played for hours and still done nothing. I've only just repaired the ship, but that seemed kind of pointless (other than for lore)

Build a seamoth first, then a seabase as your main base then start working towards a cyclops.

Unacceptable

Aight, thanks.

Okay so I had an eclipse yesterday and I got to test out the defense systems on a big momma

september I think

Fuck sake

Hmmm I don't know if I should play this or build more settlements in Fallout 4.

Why would you want to do that?

Not even once.

look what I found

Eclipse two

Oh god what the fuckā€¦is that lost river or something alive?

Towards the floating island down in this trench I found it. Fearing I would find it's long lost ancestor if I went further I went backwards up the route whence I came. I don't want to see the actual creature for that thing.

I've spent the past couple of hours playing in survival and creative modes this and it's everything that I fear. As original and well designed as it is, my heart just can't take the tension.

the mouse doesn't work either, no inputs work now.
Last time I played it with a legit copy, the controller half worked but right trigger would not register (it's not a fault of the gamepad or any of my peripherals), and the mouse/kb wouldn't register for anything either. Now utterly nothing responds.

I'm just exploring and posting screenshots

Fabricator needs to be programmed with the blueprints. It's for emergencies and is basically barely suited to keep you alive on a range of planets.

Found a vent. Now if I can pinpoint the other crash or that deserted base at 700M

At first I jumped out of my skin whenever I saw heard or saw something. Now I'm not too bothered but I do err on the side of caution. Still I've been up close to reapers and even wrestled them I got close enough to one for long enough for a scan and now there's only the deepest parts of the ocean I haven't seen but I need a cyclops for that.

And the limits of the seamoth I'm at 870 at the moment. Boy oh boy this is fun.

some new screenshots went to the floating islands for the last part I needed for the cyclops, man it was worth it for the view. Wanted to see the sea treaders as well they're neat

I bully stalkers to death, I hit it with the repulsion cannon first of course

Sandshark. I may attempt a reaper for the hell of it

I used the cannon to knock it all the way to the ground but you can't kill it with the knife

Friend of mine made this edit

Get your seamoth and beeline straight to the back end of the aurora, there is a large piece of it that goes under the water where you can beach your seamoth safely. The crabs are pretty easy to dodge I wouldn't worry much about them.

If you are worried about the reapers get the zap upgrade for your seamoth, that gives them the right idea every time, practice jumping out of the seamoth to heal it with your welder and and jumping back in too.

That is the lost river biome, pretty sure it's not done and to get down there you will have to have a cyclops with a docked pressure suit. Pretty sure water temp and pressure hasn't been implemented properly yet.

Most of the area is unimplimented but that skeleton is still there. Gives a good idea just the scale of that creature and what is bigger in the future

Apparently they are going to add a hermit-crab looking thing that will use the Aurora wreckage as its shell. I'm not sure if they are still sticking to it, but one of the developers stated in a podcast that they were planning on it.

Just image how big this thing will be.

Like pieces of it or a fuckhuge crab that uses the main part of the ship?

The main part of the ship that you can see from miles away.

Jesus christ that's a big fucking crab. At least that ship will be used. So if the map and features are mainly implemented by V1.0 then why isn't the story mode in?
They're nowhere near done the game and I hope they know this.

Imagine:

My only problem is what would a crab that size normally use besides the Aurora as a shell? you wouldn't have them that size unless something else created shells big enough. Maybe if other crabs that size had large landmasses or something as shells instead and moved around. Maybe replace the floating island support with a crab.

dude, video games. lol.

Maybe the crab grows like cancer, but ruptures if it's not growing inside of something. Moves from shell to shell until it can't find bigger and get's stuck in that shell, unable to grow.

Jesus
CHRIST
I just went really deep and saw a fucking terrifying alien crab. Scariest one so far by a mile. The sounds were really spooky too. I get scared whenever I hear them now.

Maybe they are usually stationary and use caves as shells.

So maybe i'm just a fucking retard. this torrent isn't working.

I get to the main menu, and I go to new game and try to start a new game and none of the choices actually do anything

I do love this game, and it is for that very reason that I will wait until a full release comes out until I play it again.

Run as admin. I had the same problem

Now we're defitnetly going to need guns, how else are we going to shoot its weak spot for massive damage?

I don't understand why people have such issues with going through the Aurora. Only time I got pestered by a Reaper was when I tried to build a seabase there.

Does the radiation go away when you fix it?

After a few game days, yes.

Should I just wait until the game is finished before jumping in? Looking for something to do since I'm getting burned out on Stalker.

nigga are you joking?

It is when you're not leaving the save shallows.

Is there actual server with traitors ?
I have never seen one and that makes the guards useless and the game pretty boring.

I just bought the game on steam and my save files from my pirated version are from a later game build.
how the fuck did this happen?

bumping with concept art

The pirates win again.

Turn experimental versions ON, game properties.

That's because people don't go through the "safe" path from the Aurora's left tail-end and hugging the wall (see pic). Some try to go from the front.

Also, reapers move and spawn randomly in predetermined areas. In my current map, I had two reapers near the jungle biome near the left tail-end (see pic). One of them noticed me and I had to run away shitting my pants only to find another one.

Does anyone know if the small aquariums breed fish like the Alien Containment does?

They don't. They're decoration and live storage.

You can keep live fish in any storage though. And Lockers have more room for less base space.

Until they fix that.

If you can wait. Wait.

3 in game days.

Also, this game is great but no where near as scary as you pussy whipped fucks led me to believe, everything is too colorful, I mean it's way too pretty to be scared at. I'm more intrigued at the biomes, but I I am also annoyed on how many fucking predators there are. I mean fuck, how do they even compete for food? they don't even attack other fish or compete for territory, they just randomly spawn and don't even compete for territory like actual predatory fish do. Also, those predator fish disappear the moment you move to another biome, can't make a webm now, but I will later.

Also, a fucking harpoon when? It's idiotic catching fish with bare hands , spear fishing is where it's at and the spear is one of the best tool humans have made in historic times, fuck the knife.

There should be a better way to implement predator spawning, like make them go into hunting grounds, even in the safe shallows where there's plentiful of fish during certain hours. There's no point in having like 10 fucking predators in a same area if there's no mating season and shit like that. They act more like guards patrolling than actual deadly fish. But then again.

Can't expect more than that.

Fair enough.

Anyways, this is my Hardcore Base so far. Found the shallowest part of the Safe Shallows Spawn biome and put everything on top of one foundation, with a second coming for outdoor growbed. It counts as a landbase, so no integrity issue will arise.

Barotrauma is better.

Fucked around in creative mode for an hour or so and found this faggot. N64 hair is better than this. I also found a huge ass throne looking thing that was hollow. I dug my way inside and it was pretty rad. The floor was lava but it didn't illuminate anything.

user LOOK OUT

Crash Powder can't melt titanium walls.

This is a conspiracy.

Attracts the same kind of autistic cancer that SS13 does.

That's going to be annoying when you get a cyclops.

JUST LISTEN TO IT

it sounds like the thing

resources regenerate and i can confirm. at least after saving and loading they seem to come back

BUT! it definitely feels like they respawn in smaller quantities. When i started i had tons and tons of the usual stuff around the life pod, but after a week or so of casual play I found that every time i was back in that neighborhood i would get less and less of the scrap or quartz or whatever i used to see tons of. if i'm right then i guess you could theoretically farm an area completely dry of resources but it would take some true autism to hit every single node over and over and over again over multiple play sessions

Yeah, it's creepy as shit. But the subnautica atmosphere doesn't do it. The ocean is very colorful and shit, but I think it just might be me. This stuff doesn't really scare me I mean I suffer from Delirium tremens so I see some really fuck up shit during my hallucinations. I mean really fuck up shit. Also a reason why horror movies bore me and video games don't scare me.

I really should stop drinking

I've been playing around in the scanner room, and I can add to this.

The Scanner Room occasionally picks up where a node is, even if the resources isn't there (or a stalker moved it, in the case of scrap). And I see shit spawning in places I know I've been to.

is there any way to fix the awful pop in?

I think the feel they were going for was an alien world where almost nothing is familiar, rather than a scary ocean survival game. The only reason you see monsters like the sea emperor and reaper is because the community really wants collossal creatures (me included).

Even the colossal creatures are kind of fucked up. They need to prove to be more of a threat. Reapers should fuck up your cyclops and seamoths. They SHOULD have added weapons and the ability to kill big creatures. But no, the creator is a leftist fuckface who didnt add guns because it was a 'statement for gun control'

I've been no further than the mountain island and mushroom forest and I can already make a cyclops. I didnt expect this.

Same. It feels like they've made it easier to craft the sea vehicles (which honestly I think was a good idea, it was way too much of a grind to get a vehicle that would then become another enormous grind to keep fueled) and made it harder to craft the upgrades for it.

All yall niggas scared of the deep ocean when the most terrifying thing in this game is getting lost and drowning in a cave system too narrow to take your moth into.

I dunno if you're playing on an early build, but predators definitely interact. They hunt fish most obviously, but if you get species near each other, theyll fight. I released a couple stalkers in the grassy plateaus to farm teeth and sandsharks kept harassing them. Also you could chalk their tendency to be in annoying swarms to pack behavior. Biters are supposed to be pack predators but they always attack one at a time as far as I've seen.

25 posts a day for four days, now dead. I came here because the halfchan general has been in the afterlife for a while and this is depressing.

Next update soon. Then people will have something to talk about.

I want to play this game but there's nothing to really do it in now that I have the cyclops

I wish there was more gameplay or stuff to do. More reason to build a base. More stuff. I dunno.

It needs a lot more.