SNES Mini and Game Boy Mini Wishlist

Given that the NES Mini is selling out pre-orders, I think it's a given Nintendo will see this physical virtual console shit as a success.

If you could pick thirty games for an SNES and a Game Boy Mini, what would you want to see? Don't forget that third party titles are on the table too.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/nintendo_entertainment_system_nes_classic_edition_coming_this_november_ships_with_30_games
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's just an emu box. They're almost always complete shit and have bad emulators and hardware. Have fun trying to play with some ultra cheap chinese wireless controller that barely works. You're going to be much better off playing on emulators that were designed by fans who actually care about getting the games working than a product designed by a company who just wants to sell a product solely on nostalgia to normalfags who will MAYBE use it twice.

Atari Flashback 2: Nintendo Boogaloo

Neat way of handling it overall, wish it could be cheaper but even at its $60 pricepoint it's cheaper than buying them all individually on Virtual Console and would make a fantastic stocking-stuffer or other novelty gift.

Add Mega Man X2, Mega Man 7, Earthbound, Contra 3, Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Super Star to that list, maybe the other two DKCs. Game Boy could use that Donkey Kong game along with Kirby's Dream Land and Dream Land 2, also Wario Land.

Epic downvotes my fellow redditors :)

Why not get an sbc and have all the games until the 5th generation for fucking free?

Obvious shill

People who'd buy this thing don't know or care about emulators.

kill urself

It's just going to be the 30 best selling titles, nevermind the actually good jrpgs on the console.

What in the fucking shitting fuckfuck?
WHY? Why would I need to buy this? There are rom dumps on the net of the entire nes catalogue. Is this entirely hipsters pretending to be nostalgic about a "retro" console they didn't grow up with?
WHY

This. When I saw the "Nintendo is re-releasing the NES" headlines and every turbonerd on the internet fawning over this shit, silly me actually believed for a second that it was a real NES and not an emu box.

I really don't get the hype. Sega's been doing this shit for years with the SMS and Genesis in Brazil and no one bats an eyelid. Fucking millenials.

NES Mini is probably just a nigger rigged Wii Mini.

they always are

I'm no stranger to embedded files, but this one isn't working. It saves as a 82 KB jpg, not a 4 MB one.

I feel the same way. Another issue is how they'll fill out shit for an SNES or GB Mini in this regard. Even given how some of these games can be coded for Wii VC that aren't already (Earthbound was done for Brawl, after all), the major issue is that Nintendo is scrimping for 1st Party titles that are already in English (don't expect them to take the time to translate old Fire Emblems), thus would need to do a lot more 3rd Party titles. Even then, there's not exactly 5+ Mario titles they could throw in, even if they dealt the legal issues with former Argonaut for SFX games like Yoshi's Island.

fucking retard

No, no. The thumbnail is only about 13kb. There must be something going wrong when he tries to download the file.

I clicked the filename to the right of it like I always do, ya nonce.

then that's his problem since when i download it i get the full 4.2 mb

Open the image and rightclick "Save image as…"

Man, this along with Pokemon Go really shows how fucking stupid people are. Just buy a pc for 400$.

Already did. Got the same thing. I'm not a computer illiterate here, Anons. Same thing in different browsers (Botnet and Pale Moon), too.

I don't think I'd want a Game Boy mini unless it was a Game Boy Color mini with Game Boy and Game Boy Color games. Hell, go the extra mile and make it a Game Boy Advance mini with all 3, but I'd think it'd be fine either way.

As for games? I'd add…

I wouldn't buy it myself, I'm completely fine using emulators and ROMs. I like the idea, but Nintendo could've done better regarding the NES mini. If they wanted it to be more than novelty, they would've put more games on it, make it cheaper, or even let it play cartridges like a normal console.

Fuck that. If you want to play NES games then just buy some old 10-year-old laptop off of eBay for like $20, then download a pack of every NES game ever made off of any torrent site and find an emulator.

I had this problem with some apngs before. I think that the server just deletes anything from the file that it doesn't recognize.

Do you honestly think Nintendo isn't going to make these things faithful to the originals? You can complain that they're only loaded with a set library of games, which is retarded because it's the only logical way Ninty can actually do this concept, but to say that these won't be perfect representations of the original games implies that you have brain damage.

Furthermore, the nes mini is loaded with many of the best games to ever release for the NES, and it's the only way most people who didn't grow up with them will play them. Most people have no interest in emulating systems they didn't grow up with, but by giving them a set collection of games, with the authentic controllers, directly connecting to their tv, Ninty will actually get a whole new generation to love retro vidya. This trend will continue as they release more minis. If you're against getting a new generation of people to like the classic games from the golden age of gaming, and potentially even renewing interest in many classic design principles sorely missing in modern releases, then you are real cancer.

I implore anyone skeptical of these minis to actually consider all the good they will do. It will improve many new gamers' taste in vidya, and possibly influence modern games' design for the better. Call me an optimist, but I don't see how these minis can be anything but good. At worst they just don't catch on, at best they get a new generation interested in the classics.

So Microsoft is cool now? I mean they released Rare Replay which is all about cool old games so we can compare their design principles with current ones.

Nah actually dont answer that, the answer is obvious, and always:

Rare Replay is fine too, one of the few reasons I could ponder buying an Xbone.
How sad though that this collection of old games is like one out of the 15 total exclusives for that console.

This. People complain all the time how shit modern games are, but when kids these days only grow up with shit they won't know that there is anything beyond that shit. Kind of like how if you grow up in India you might think that it's perfectly normal to shit in the 💩💩💩designated streets💩💩💩. And yet when there is finally an opportunity for experiencing the good old games that does not involve downloading shady pre-compiled binaries off the internet everyone goes into an autistic rage.

60$ is really steep and it's a shit move that there is only one controller included, but considering how much entertainment you get here for 60$ and you actually get to own what you bought, and how little entertainment you get from a 60$ AAA game which you will never own, I'd say it's still a better deal.

Sure, if you like waiting for the laptop to boot longer than it takes you to beat the game.

user, he said old computer, not new.

[nice]

It's pretty obvious they know what fools most of their customers are. Considering how people are buying up old carts and the shit has gone ridiculous maybe it's for the best it isn't real hardware after all as that'd likely just get even worse.

I grew up with the nes and I want one.
Then again I'm a gadget fag with a beard

yep, that's a faggot hipster alright

So how is this piece of shit any different to the already saturated market of Retrons and all those emulation boxes? Is it just because it has Nintendo's seal of approval that people are willing to buy this shit? I hope no one here is buying it, I'd be hardpressed to say not a single user here knows what emulators are. In fact, I'd be way fucking cheaper to buy a Wii and mod it ($20 + USB) than buying any of these things.

I think most people who will get this are older people who had a NES or collectors. And believe it not, official products have a larger appeal compared to things like clone consoles or emulation. Which if we hit a N64 mini, (Or SNES if you have a weak PC.) that would be the best alternative to the original hardware.

Plus, we're getting new versions of the older controllers which can also be used in wiimotes. (I imagine these will end up being sold on their own. So that's a plus even if you have no intention of getting the machine itself.)

But collectors will already have most of these games as they are 1st party NES games… Even if we hit a N64-mini It'll just be the games that can currently be played on the VC as the N64 was a clusterfuck, don't even get me started on the emu scene.

That does sound interesting, I could use one for my modded Wii to play on emulators. The SNES 3rd party ones are garbage.

Collectors aren't the market.

Okay, I can understand N64 because N64 emulation is terrible, but SNES?
My fucking Raspberry Pi can run 100x SNES9x windows without any fucking problems.

Where are you people getting this meme that SNES emulation is somehow any different than that on the original hardware?

But can anyone explain to me what's the deal with this thing? It is just an emulation box or does it read cartridges? I have a bunch of old games and I don't know if my old console works, nor have anything to test it out.

And that's why they should stay at neofag or reddit

Just an emulation box with a bunch of preloaded games, essentially. There's no cartridge slot.
You can buy new NESes. There are also a shit-ton of newer clones that play NES games, like the RetroBit, Retron, and G 8-bit.

Mfw

Nigger

I'm done with this world, brand loyalty is fucking retarded. People will truly buy even a turd if it has their favorite brand logo plastered on it. Fuck you all.

What are the good ones then?
Those that I haven't heard of because they're so obscure?

And don't forget this shit

Snes9x isn't actually exactly the same as original hardware. But it's close enough to the point where the differences aren't easily that noticeable in many cases. Most emulators you see will do "tricks" in order to get better performance on lower end systems. Since going in raw would actually need a much more power than the original machine to handle it.

Virtual console is considered better than general pc emulation. Due to being made specifically to work on wii/wii u/n3DS's hardware. (and soon these mini consoles.) Which is why you often see people just recommend VC.

Then you have Higan, which claims it's basically 100% accurate to the super Nintendo. But it requires a bit of strength from your pc to run. So in terms of performance, In most cases Snes9x is good enough. But VC and Higan are better.

gas the hipsters

puNES is the best NES emulator around, get it

No brands are good, only games.

Dumb people have lots of disposable income.

Welcome to the 1980s m9

fuggin gommies

theres no reason why it cant include literally every major game or at least every single nintendo game. $60 for those 30 games on the NES one is a massive rip off.

Killer instinct
SMASH TV
DK Country series
Super Mario World
All Stars collection
FF VI
Chrono Trigger
And some RPG's I don't remember the name of.
Also a bunch of action games I can't remember

Blame these fags. Marketers are some of the worst people to ever exist.

WTF is OP talking about? Can someone give me a link to these products?

I wouldn't pick any Mario games because they suck or RPGs from Square Enix because they've always had garbage translations.

I agree, read the book "No Logo", it has some insight on this.

Haven't heard of the author or the book, but it doesn't sound like anything new, though the Seattle WTO protests have been memoryholed pretty hard. People have been talking about this shit for two centuries now and not much has changed.

Nintendo is releasing a miniature version of the NES with 30 games built in and classic NES controllers (with Wiimote plugs so you can use them on Wii and Wii U).

nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/nintendo_entertainment_system_nes_classic_edition_coming_this_november_ships_with_30_games

the used books store near me has like five different brands of consoles that'll play NES/SNES/Genesis carts, and they sell third party compatible controllers that seem okay.

Far better than those shit emuboxes I usually see, in any case.

The NES Mini fills no need but hipsters will buy tons of them

I'd buy a SNES Mini.

Hi underage.

now this sounds pretty cool, or it would if the wiimote didn't have shit battery life