Will gearbox please fucking die now?

Will gearbox please fucking die now?

Probably not.

Reminder that the best game they have made is an expansion for Half Life.

Let's look at their track record.

At this point, how is this company not bankrupt?

They should have made the game title sound even more generic

Because every game they made outside of battleborn (and Aliens, but that was contact so they already got the money) sold extremely well with a fairly low production cost.

Maybe if they sell the rights to Brothers in Arms, then they'll have my permission to die

And they even stole Alien's money to make borderlands.
How can you be around for this long and still have no idea how to make good games? It's almost impossible

Can anyone make a list of shit GB done just to remind anyone why they're bad?

If they keep up like this, then by all means die. If they finally make a Borderlands game that gets it right, then I'd prefer they live.

Seriously?

Its played after you kill a female character, because femenism is supposed to be about "equality"
I got a light hearted chuckle after I found that out
i hope that it's true

Why don't you make the list, faggle?

I'm lazy and stupid

From what I cna remember.
Stole money from Sega to fund Borderlands.
Stole the art style from a short film.
Stole artwork from fucking star wars of all things.
Suing a guy for making a sourseport of Duke Nukem 3D.
Hiring Burch.

I heard that too. Well, that the line is said after you kill a certain number of women. Still, I would've thought that's something feminists would actually get triggered by. But I guess since nobody cared about this game and it didn't become mainstream, those social media leeches never found out.

The funniest thing about Battleborn dying to me is that even with the Humble Bundle, the average purchase is 8 dollars. And reading about it in the Steam reviews, recent players said the game crashes a lot, when it doesnt crash it forces you to watch a shitty unskippable rap video, and it runs poorly on an R9 270 despite how basic it looks compared to Overwatch or TF2.

And apparently in the UK they thought it would be so successful it would start its own trading card game, but because nobody cared for it one dude bought everything for a few pounds.

The original Borderlands. You know, the one that didn't have Anthony "if I say 'Badass' twice in every line of dialogue, maybe people will think I'm cool and quirky" Burch heading off and shitting in the script.

The first one isn't bad. It might not be good, but it's definitely not bad, considering the shit Gearbox was allowed to dump all over the gaming industry.

It was frankly terrible. Grindy, boring loot system, fetch quests, little enemy variety and the annoying robot that wouldn't stop nagging at you to do more fetch quests.

I doubt anyone would to buy it at that price even with borderlands.

I don't give a fuck about BB or gearbox but it always makes me happy to see P2W games crash and burn.

that, and their two ports of other peoples' games (Half-Life and Halo).

Has anyone else noticed how this guys videos are posted somewhat frequently here, even one or two days after release? Don't get me wrong I like his videos but I feel someone's shilling them here

He makea good videos.

they're good videos that aren't released frequently, and imo I'd like to see more vids of the same quality from that person so I'll give em the views.

Didn't they bought Homeworld and remastered it into shit?

He tends to make videos about video game stuff like Ubisoft downgrades and Evolve dying without using reddit jokes or an annoying voice.

I JUST WANT THEM TO MAKE A NEW BROTHERS IN ARMS GAME. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT TO FUCKING DO?

They were making one called Furious Four.

They canned it in favor of Stillborn.

That shitty cartoon knockoff that's supposed to be like Inglorious Basterds? I'm glad that shit got canned.

No user, I want a sequel to Hell's Highway. I love that squad tactics bullshit. It's my heroin. I want a more graphically intensive game set during the winter. I want even more PTSD shenanigans.

god tier
great
great (would be godtier without the SJW bullshit)

they didn't make duke nukem forever

actually BB is swarming with new players right now. a few hours ago it was at 1.4k

next you're going to tell me about how SJW the game is because a guy says feminism is awesome after killing a woman

You mean the game where most enemies are massive bullet sponges and weapons, including legendaries, become useless the moment you level up when you at a high enough level because the health on everything scales incredibly high with levels?

to be fair i never got past the second playthrough because i kept making new characters.
the first playthrough is gold, second playthrough seems good too
unless you really like the game there's little reason to ever go into the endgame. just completing the first two playthroughs would be 60 hours with one or two DLCs played in each, and that's assuming you don't want to play any new classes and just stick with the one.

also, weapons do not become useless "upon leveling up". purples usually last at least 4 levels, oranges sometimes 6 or 7

That still isn't a lot, I think Black Ops 2 had more players than BB usually does.

that's true, yeah. it really fucked up marketing-wise. but it's a far cry from the almost unplayable 600 it was at before. the game itself looks gold (from what gameplay vids i've seen - i'm still waiting on my copy), all you need is a decent playercount. PS4 / Xbone already have that a good playercount, not only do they have only several minute match times, but they still match based on rank (AFAIK), indicating they're doing way better than pc is/was

The game is objectively bad. Stop having shit taste, faggot.

I played the beta. it was boring and felt like a slog. all of the characters were completely irredeemable SO SNARKY.

Eh, the only okay thing about that game is the eagle guy

You forgot these

Fuck you, as person who genuinely loves first game and frequently replays it, I fucking despise what B2 did. They had pretty good base for a series and they fucked it up.

so what is the difference between bl1 and bl2?

Can anyone post the link to the youtube video since OP embedded the video, thus it won't show up in my browser?

That's not even what bird dicks look like you fucking faggot.

It just makes me wish they updated BL1's lame PC port.

I seriously have no idea how you even managed to beat this boring piece of shit.

Why would you want it from them? Even the first games weren't that great. And now they aren't able to produce at least average at best games.

Post yfw you'll never be Anthony Burch

I'm torn. On one hand I'm glad even casual idiots realize Battleborn sucks the chrome off a '57 Chevy bumper. On the other hand it pains me to realize the only reason it was such a ``commercial`` failure was being beat out by the equally overhyped Overwatch.

I had hoped would be a viable competitor just to see Blizzcucks get BTFO.

They're not because they have the "anti bankruptcy" option of BorderLands 3/BorderWorld. And before anyone tells me "oh but BL1/2/PS were shit" yes they were, but 1 and 2 sold a fuck lot and were generally regarded as good by the general gaming public, AND the thirst for co op loot shooters is still high. Just look at Destiny and Division. Massive sales, and in Destiny's case decent player retention for far longer than Division.

has nobody actually played bl2 here? the game is festering pile of shit but not just because "weapons last for X levels"

the item generation is fundamentally flawed in that guns have their base damage derived from the level of the item with a a small number of affix slots with low impact modifiers on them

the developers seem to want to act like the game has randomly generated highly variant loot in their marketing and copy, but every single gun's quality is just decided by the "does it have a higher base damage from higher item level" statistic. rarer guns don't have more affix slots or more powerful affixes on a base item of the same power, which leads to higher variation in item power (and more excitement looting them), they just have a +n added to their internal item level for their damage calculations.

this means that even though you replace your guns far more often than in borderlands 1 thanks to the rapid scaling of enemy health and gun base damage, the actual weapons you're using never surprise you and tend to have identical in-game performance at all times, with the exception of frustration modifiers like "consumes 2x/3x/4x/5x ammo per shot" that dramatically decrease ammo efficiency but never scale up damage in proportion.

there's plenty of prior art in how to design equipment in an action rpg (eg diablo fucking 2, path of exile) and without systems like resistance caps / magic find to offer different goals in itemization besides the biggest dps number the developers are constrained into making weak feeling gear that's only differentiated by how big the numbers are, not by what choices they enable

Yes.

I don't have a lot going for me right now, but I do have this. Feels like it's all I got these days.

it was fun as fuck, dude.
granted, the loot system is kind of annoying, but that's why you have golden keys. just pop in some shift codes and whenever randy doesn't give you your purples, pop a key.
the writing was the worst part.

BL2 is more casualized. better gunplay, more interesting classes, but they also neutered the gun generation. you still have wild gun generation, but instead of rarity just making it likely to have better parts, rarity raises the gun's damage by about two levels. that means that, whereas in BL1 you could use a white for 10 levels, in BL2 if you use whites you're a fucking moron.

BL1 in general was pretty cray. in BL2 the damage scales to shit so by the end game you're dealing millions in damage, but in BL1 the difference is much smaller. the result of this is that in BL2 you have to change weapons every ~4 levels if you're using purples, whereas in BL1 you could, like i said, use one gun for 10 levels.

Most people are going to want to bother with endgame content in a lootfest game

six classes, though….

Last year I played through Whorederlands 2 with my faggot friend, and it was pretty okay. We made fun of the stupid writing, traded guns, and broke the shit out of the game. Of course there are better games I could be spending my time on, but making fun of stupid cucked nigger-tier writing while playing a decent co-op game with your friend is an overall somewhat enjoyable experience. I actually kind of like the feeling of getting a new purple and wrecking shit with it.

I'm debating on whether I want to get the pre-sequel for similar purposes. Can a pirated copy run multiplayer?

the pre-sequel has worse writing and if you didn't like BL2's gameplay you probably won't like it much more. it does have lan, like TPS, though i'd imagine if you mean actual online you're fucked.

*it does have lan, like BL2

Did you actually buy borderlands 2? What the fuck. At least pirate it and get the expansions, id say tiny tinas assault on dragon keep is actually good. Even if you liked 1 and 2 the pre sequel is shit, dont even bother

It was on sale, and we were bored.

Best parts of the borderlands games are the expansions, you are missing out.

it was in the hunble bundle like 2 or 3 times with all the dlc

Yea but humble bundle are SJWs and they still take some of the money even if you select 100% to charity.

I am not picky about my fantasy men's dicks, user. Not that I wouldn't mind a more "correct" dick or even a cloaca.

To be honest I think this is a cute design.

he looks p cringey to me, what with the penguin of doom thing
that suit looks pretty nice though
he's one of the only two characters from BB i'd call bad, though. the other was attikus

Let's not forget the travesty of work they did on Homeworld Remastered. Jesus christ they fucked that up hard and it'll probably never be fixed.

Maybe, I don't know. I think it really cute and a fun concept.

sheeeit
solution:
don't allow gearbox to make anything besides original IP shooters
or i guess half-life expansions

I hate it when greedy devs want to cash in on an old cult classic.

Especially when they fuck it up. Doubt Gearbox really ever had any love for Homeworld.