I'm a humble user thinking of new ways to spread a community of sort that works in ways typically similar to how chans...

I'm a humble user thinking of new ways to spread a community of sort that works in ways typically similar to how chans work.
I've brainstormed and thought of using a particular chat program in order to stay in contact and form a sort of community.
While this practically takes the concept of anonymity away, it provides us with something that normalfags have taken for granted for a long time… And that's organization and communication throughout the community.
I didn't really know where to start but I was thinking of forming an Holla Forums discord server if something like that hasn't been attempted before. There will be no moderation as such and people will be free to talk and shitpost as much as they like about anything they like. Maybe we'll even watch a movie on a streaming site or something (I know Holla Forums has an official stream channel already). A form of community among Anons with a similar love for free speech and general internet shenanigans.

I will provide an invite link (the only one available at the moment) if this thread gets some attention and people seem willing with the idea. Because I'm still not 100% sure whether this idea will kick off or not.

This discord server would provide a more fluid and responsive form of communication without the prying eyes of normalfags, I'd probably have to pick a few mods to keep the place from imploding in on itself (moderation will work for the community and not for their personal hotpocket ass interests). But for the time being, it's unmoderated.

The one downside I do see is that it's not necessarily anonymous and people will slowly but surely build reputation in theory… Which will generally affect the way people talk to each other, or if one of the hotpockets I elect (or even maybe me in a blind autistic rage) decides to go full sperg and fuck everyone over. But a place with no rules is appealing to people like us, the ability to say what we want with minimal to no consequences is a great thing. And people under no rules can do great things also… But it'll only work if other people are willing to join in.
So what say you, Holla Forums? Would people from here be interested in joining a discord server directly made and catered for our ilk?

Also. What other boards would be worth spreading the message to… That is if this idea would even practically work
Also… If Discord is shit tier, what other chat apps would be worthwhile. We already have an OFFICIAL Holla Forums IRC. I figured that discussion on any chat program will very much be similar to that, take that into consideration

Discord also has voice chat, so perhaps it could be a good alternative to the teamspeak server that Holla Forums often uses, picture it as a nice mix of IRC and teamspeak without the bullshit of pissoff latency issues.

I've made a channel exclusively for Holla Forums, similar to how Holla Forums will probably get its own channel if I invite them, feedback will be greatly appreciated and if this does happen to be in the general approval of Anons then I'll be depending on the community to build gradually and perhaps even flourish by itself as you are free to share the link if I give it out.

TL;DR, Would Holla Forums be interested in an Holla Forums discord server?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WezeYxP
kiwiirc.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tl;dr

Don't we already have one?

see attached

Also there already is an official Holla Forums discord server

Is there?
Fuck, how did I not know that?
Care to share the link?

Discord kills communities.

is this a thinly veiled "feed me your dox info" thread?

No. I don't have any interest in random people's dox. Also I can easily just get rid of my current discord server and join over to the already existing server if it'll be easier for me.

How so? I'm genuinely curious.

As one of the guys who occasionally swings by the 8ch discord, I can say that these things typically filter down to about 5-10 regulars who just shitpost and chat about personal shit after a couple weeks.

It's not going to be the kind of place to create any kind of meaningful community discussion.

this

i am that random user that just listens.

There are already two by Holla Forums alone.

I found a more popular Holla Forums discord server, I may as well join that and see for myself, I'm more or less abandoning my server in favor of moving to the bigger discord server, but I can definitely see where you're coming from, it ends up turning into a circlejerk.

For anyone who's interested, here's MY server link

discord.gg/WezeYxP

But there's no reason to use it.

May as well abandon this thread.

Thanks for the heads up, now I'm in the bigger Holla Forums server, if there's any community there, I'll try to enjoy it.

Nothing wrong with that honestly, but if OP wants "a more fluid and responsive form of communication" then he's going to end up another discord server occupied by a few different guys and a lot of lurkers who just leave the tab open, but never go into any of the voice chat stuff.

Yeah I seen that with lots of other servers.

What is every non anonymous #chan community ever? There's also always a tranny that has to keep people updated on his shit

No because everyone is forced to not have anonymity anymore.

So if you shitpost once you get banned or how if one person shitposts it's in everyones face unlike chans it would be in 1 thread where you might or might not be. Then it gets to personal shit and that's it just personal shit, not really about any sjubect but it really is personal shit first then Holla Forumsideo games 2nd on topics people discuss about.

Then if you start including everything about 8ch you get the shitposters and the easily baiters then different ideology crash like I'm more Holla Forums than you! Or someones slightly less Holla Forums makes a different argument for something and bam shit show begins. But that's just politics alone. Them you got everyone discussing every different board fighting to the death.

Exactly. It's not the most terrible thing, but if people want some kind of easy way to talk to mods and BOs and get speedy resolution to their 8ch-related problems, a chatroom of any kind will never be that.

That was short lived

Top tip: ditch discord and use something that isn't non-free shitware.

Whaddya got for me, Jeeves?
Curse?

I just want a chatroom where I can talk to people about video games without any restrictions or jumping around feelings. But they almost always devolve into

proprietary fadware, just really no reason to use it

IRC is pretty much unmatched for reliability and large group chats for text chatting. Mumble is about as good as it gets for voicechat.

if you're a lazy piece of shit who doesn't even want to install an IRC client, use Kiwi IRC: kiwiirc.com/

Hexchat is a good GUI client, WeeChat and Irssi are good CLI clients

if you really need an all in one program for video, voice, and text chat, use a good XMPP client like Jitsi or one of these new things that aren't finished yet like Ring or Tox.

the good goyim aren't even trying to hide it anymore with these names
go suck baphomet's dick somewhere else you kike wannnabes

there's at least four that I know of

most get started when a new game comes out that people want to play together then just becomes a microcosm of Holla Forums once everyone stops playing