Souls Games Newcomer Help

So I'd like to finally try out the Souls games. I've been playing Gothic and Diablo since forever and I feel like the Souls games have the same dark gritty feeling to them which I just fucking love. I tried Demon's Souls when it came out (borrowed it), but I was a dumb 14 year old pleb back then so it was way too difficult for me. Never finished a single entire level. Only managed to kill the slime boss in the first level and that big shield guy.

What Souls Game is the best one? Which one should I start with? I have an old PS3 that I can buy Demon's Souls for, but are all the other Souls games for PC as well? I'd much rather play them on the PC.

Also, I heard Dark Souls 3 is a piece of shit. Why is this?

Pic related. This loading screen gives me nostalgia feels.

Also, will I miss out on much if I pirate them? Is the multiplayer worth paying for?

Demons souls and Dark souls are definitely worth a playthrough. Dark souls 2 is complete and utter shit.

There are a few problems with DS3, but it is better than DS2. There is no poise in DS3 so light weapons triumph. The way damage reduction works now is also another blow to the effectiveness of heavy weapons, as in they get a much larger decrease in damage. The on;ly viable build in dark souls 3 are pyromancy and a quality build mainly due to how much better quality weapons are usually compared to more focused weapons. Magic is shit outside of pyromancy, and even then pyromancy falls flat. Sorcery only gets usefulness really late game and requires you to put tremendous amounts of points into a stat to make casting useful.

Play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and forget the rest. If you're a good goy and already own a PS4, Bloodborne is good too, but it's not a system seller - nothing is.

This.

Don't read up on it, don't ask stupid questions, just experience the games.

Can I start with Dark Souls? Are the stories connected at all? I won't be able to play Demon's Souls for a while since my PS3 is being stored somewhere else.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are separate worlds entirely, but share a few similarities here and there. You don't need to play them in any particular order.

And for the love of Christ-
DON'T USE A GUIDE LIKE I DID

I regret that shit so much. I wish I never bought into the difficulty meme.

Thanks, people. That is all the info I need.

Demon Souls is a joy to play and I class it the second best out of all the Soulsborne games to date. There is such huge flexability with builds and it's even possible to go full mage throughout the game regardless of the lack of weapons. The weapon upgrading is a bit of a pain in the ass though as you have to have a collection of different stones to even upgrade when upgrading in higher levels. World tendency is at first difficult to understand but once you get the hang of it by being able to manipulate the worlds, the whole game opens up with tons of secrets and rare swag to find. The world and level design is phenominal in each of the areas and even to this day, Valley of Defilement kicks the ass out of all the shanty towns from later games. While some consider the game short I actually think there is just enough for a satisfying playthrough because as I said earlier, there are tones of secrets once you know how to manipulate world tendency.

Actually you can play all of them as standalone. Actually dark souls 3 plays better if you ignore everything but intro and xtro of dark souls 1.

The only difficulty in Dark Souls is getting used to dying and actually losing progress. Which says more about the state of modern gaming than it does about the series.

Except you can run past everything.

Anyway. They fixed auto summon covenants yet?

Just play them chronologically if you want.
Start with demons souls but if you can't be bothered by it go to dark souls. If you can't be bothered by that either just drop them all.

All three games in Dark souls franchise are worth playing but none of them are direct upgrades from one another. Multiplayer connection is nice to have as some bosses have gimmicks around it but they can still work without it.

forgot to remove flag

Be sure to explore and look at your environment. You'll get items, shortcuts, and warnings.

Bullshit, that only works when you know where to go, running forward blind will aggro a ton of enemies and often get you cornered in a fight you can't win. It's not a reliable thing to do on a first playthrough, it's something you use to speed through areas you're already familiar with.

underage please get ou-
god, where did all that time go