Tfw if you had told me 13 years ago that things would be worse now i wouldn't have believed you

It's always darkest before the dawn, r-right guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/04/22/health/us-suicide-rate-surges-to-a-30-year-high.html?_r=0
boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/95277177
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

read some history if you think right now is bad.

Don't worry user. We all die eventually anyway.

"It's always darker before it goes completely black"

t. Mao the dong

t. Steven Pinker apologist

Well if you're a westerner, yeah. But if you live in one of the many perpetual warzones or are one of the billion that live in terrible poverty, you wouldn't be so keen to call our age a good one

being a westerner today is worse than 50 years ago too

Yes, but we can't see the future. We don't know if it's darkest now, or if it's going to get even darker.
If things get too bad you can always use quantum suicide to select for universes in which things improve.

A classic meme.

How exactly?
I wake up to my personal assistant computer alarm going off on time as I scheduled it, grab my phone which has a battery so large that I won't have to worry about charging it for the whole day. Then I get in my car, and drive phenomenal speeds with ease and comfort, knowing that if I were to be struck by another car, or hit something of my own fault, that I will be perfectly fine, as my car has a perfect 5 star safety crash test rating. If I feel a little crazy and decide to go over the speed limit and get pulled over, I do so confidently, knowing that the dashcam and bodycam the officer is wearing will accurately record our entire interaction. I go to work and sit in a comfortable, air conditioned room, where I am entitled to breaks, both paid and unpaid, but I spend more time browsing the internet then I actually do working. My boss leaves me alone, and expects I meet my deadlines. He does not touch or speak down to any of my co-workers, as he would be tried by a jury of his peers and then sent to jail if they believe he is innocent.
All of that was not possible 50 years ago for a single westerner, and now all of it is possible.

Fuck, meant to say guilty, you know what I mean.

nytimes.com/2016/04/22/health/us-suicide-rate-surges-to-a-30-year-high.html?_r=0
Life sure is swell

Congratulations on finding a spot in the modern Western labor aristocracy. But know two things: first, that your comfortable place in society is built on poverty and the exploitation of millions of workers, both abroad and in your country. Second, that the rapacious nature of capitalism will devour the abundant resources and conditions that make your lifestyle possible, eroding your access to quality consumer products, comfortable employment, and the benefits of a just and functioning society.

You're not wrong. I'm all for communism, but since no ethical consumption exists under capitalism, might as well not pretend like you aren't part of it.

It depends on what you mean by worse. I like being able to find grills to fuck online and a lot of other technology is pretty cool. But if you mean capitalism spinning out of control yeah, that's only gonna get worse till it's overthrown.

Now we wait:
boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/95277177

Well that went even more autistic then I thought it would have.

no

Oh man this fucking thread.

not even gonna respond to this seriously

'dude technology lmao' totally makes up for crippling unemployment and financial insecurity

You're one retarded canuck

OP why did you make that cancer?

Porky detected.

Well that was a waste of 2 hours. It's a bit surreal to talk to people who actually unironically think capitalism is infallible.

Kek

Never said it does, or even has.
Just saying that overall, in my country, life has notably improved through technology and progress.