Mao delivered his famous "hundred flowers" speech...

Mao: the greatest revolutionary and worst leader this party has ever seen

:^) woops

Stalinist bureaucracy, but with that distinct Chinese flavour!

Lenin created the most ebin ideology, prove me wrong.

Mao was literally Pepe tier

Was that even Mao's orders tho? Wasnt the military not under his direct control?

this mao didn't exactly have a grasp on the party either

should've purged tbh

Mao didn't even have control over the military or the party at the time
the beginnings of dengs revisionism and the conservative wing of the parties take over was already sparking up

Mao was the moot of his time. lel /fur/

Thats what I gathered from the summary in The Communist Hypothesis.

Did Mao dindu nuffin except strategic errors? It seems very unfair to compare him to Stalin regardless of your opinions on either, it seems they were entirely different

Do you guys ever wish you were Chinese or some other kind of eastern gook? Your minds seem more in tune with that part of the world than the West. Maybe you should move your jewish behinds there?

Can you imagine if this was how we approached, say, american history? No coherent narrative or historical context, just random tidbits of information designed to lead you to a conclusion regarding the nature of its state and society?

Imagine a class with no history of slavery, the american civil war or anything, just a paragraph like

This is how I feel with non-western history all the time, particularly that of Marxist-Leninist states.

I can't say much for this bit in particular because I never studied Chinese history, but reading Soviet history for the first time was mindblowing in the sense of how many tales of random, state-sponsored violence I was fed turned out to be part of a much broader and much more complex issue I was never told about, and the information omitted in between was clearly designed at creating a narrative. Call me a tankie who is really paranoid about western propaganda or whatever.

Got a PDF for the USSR history you read?

Pretty fucking based tbh

wtf i hate unruhe now

Honestly, I think that is how most US History is taught in the US, albeit with the opposite bias. They never mention any of the evil shit done by the CIA - it's all about how America is the great defender of freedom, standing up to evil dictators and the genocidal commies.

Sorry to bump, but this type of thread is allowed. (just letting new volunteers know.)

ye