How is possible that a random newgrounds flash animator makes better animation that AAA 2D games?

how is possible that a random newgrounds flash animator makes better animation that AAA 2D games?

Because companies don't hire competent people, they hire muslim and transgender people.

Because companies look to make something as fast and as cheaply as possible. Also that being retro is popular now, so they'll purposely make movements jagged or clippy to make them look like they came from an older game. So instead of having an NPC move all over, they'll only bother to animate their mouth.

And sure, that animation's better than most indie games, hell, most indie games come or look like they're from Newgrounds, but I haven't seen any AAA 2D games recently to judge.

I was about to say that wasn't too impressive, but the dude got really good in 2013.

Also I just realized this is the 4chan city guy, holy shit.
It's been 10 years.

Because he's animating for fun and not because Baron Von Shekelstein is telling him to animate another stronk independent womyn for their new Assassin's Creed game

;^)

If you think that's good animation you have shit taste.

you can't compare traditional to flash (tween) unless you're retarded.

would love to see any example of tween animation that is better.

Yes I can, it's a tool to make animation easier and people use it to cheese cheap animations.

it's not the same, you can't compare tween to traditional.

I like eurobeat and old flash files, it really clicks with me. Modern internet culture is just unsufferable garbage. Help.

What do you think Flash is?

so, a 2D puppet is the same as drawing each frame?

one

WHAT DO YOU THINK ADOBE FLASH IS?

nigger, both are animations.

you're comparing chiptune with classical music, don't be retarded.

Chiptune is better

Name a AAA 2D game.

Flash can be used for different STYLES of animation, which cannot be compared outside of animations with the same style.

It has nothing to do with Flash. I could do the same style of animation in After Effects.
Comparing tween vs traditional is retarded, unless you're one of those autists that judges things solely by how much effort was applied to create an animation, in which case kill yourself.

I would love to see someone showing me better tween animation.

the rayman one.

Valiant Hearts and Child of Light come to mind as far as AAA 2D games are concerned. Animation wise the video in the OP is on-par I feel but aesthethics wise nothing can beat Valiant Hearts

because having to create/multiply the amount of variations is a fucking pain in the ass and would require a higher budget, which would cut into the poor publishers profit margins. it's also the same reason the majority of newly started indie devs don't do snk-tier art: it's fucking expensive and requires entire oceans of spritesheets

but thank you for reminding me why the overwhelming majority of Holla Forumsirgins have no sense of why several ways don't scale well

didn't both of those games barely make a profit? critics loved the shit out of them, before they each fell off the face of the steam store.

I'm not sure about sales but if its true, it's a damn crime Valiant Hearts bombed commercially.

OP, I remember you making this thread before. The example in your post isn't very good. Post an example of this alleged AAA game that is worse than the video you posted.

But that doesn't look good. At all.
It's a bunch of rotating parts, skewing and very simple geometry used for special effects. There is very few actually different sprites in there.
It's very lazy and amateurish, the only commercial video games that look anywhere near it would be older SRW games, and it's not AAA.

Wow, what amazing use of the tween tool, how utterly, absolutely impressive.

This is most definitely on par with the likes of Vanillaware.

You're one hundred percent correct, OP, this display of ART is far better than anything we've ever seen before out of a professional studio.