3DS Homebre Bunker: 11.0 Downgrade Edition (Sort Of)

DOWNGRADING FROM 11.0 IS POSSIBLE
UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
Memchunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.2, which is the ideal firmware that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus piracy and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.7. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax2.1 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.7, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade. There is a work-around now, however.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update If you have cubic ninja but no browser, see here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You have no use for memchunkhax2/2.1. Install a CFW of your choice.
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
Downgrades are possible, but browserhax is broken. You must have a primary (Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms Deluxe) or secondary exploit game (Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon ORAS). In order to use a secondary exploit, you must have another 3DS with homebrew or a Powersaves (OOT3D ONLY). For more info on Powersaves, go here gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/
github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
my.mixtape.moe/fhasur.zip
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
pastebin.com/KxEstJfE
archive.is/YNEq7
my.mixtape.moe/sinbqi.zip
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)
3dsthem.es/1223
wololo.net/2016/05/15/3ds-full-snes-3ds-injection-guide-banners-unique-ids/
3dschaos.com/threads/all-official-themes-for-chmm-region-free-15-07-16.2279/
3dsthem.es/4591
3dsthem.es/5
3dsthem.es/3572
3dsthem.es/3469
3dsthem.es/3720
rinnegatamante.it/site/3ds_hbs.php
files.catbox.moe/86ucyw.zip
files.catbox.moe/281sm0.zip
files.catbox.moe/dfh2k2.zip
files.catbox.moe/c9k58q.zip
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/183608682/GYTB_cia.zip
badges.3dsthem.es/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
3dsthem.es/1443
3dsthem.es/108
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
my.mixtape.moe/lnwkfb.zip
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/270144-mega-fire-emblem-special-edition-english-translation-v3-0-dlc-links.html?highlight=fire emblem
3dsthem.es/4700
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
modchipsdirect.com/
3dsthem.es/5214
gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-luma3ds-cfw-for-2ds-o3ds-n3ds-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Links:
Installation (Follow up to step 3 for sysNAND + emuNAND, all the way for full A9LH Installation)
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two most popular CFW and support A9LH, as well as having a number of features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. Not recommended. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
Updating from rxTools
To update from rxTools, first check that your sysnand is on 9.2. Users running rxtools

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
3dsiso, 3dschaos are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting 3dsiso or 3dschaos, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use ciangel: github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80 or freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
If you would prefer to download roms direct from Nintendo's servers on your PC you can use CDN-FX: ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/ you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes using Shameless: github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases
In order to download direct from Nintendo you must have an encTitleKeys.bin file. This contains title keys for games. You can get one here: 3ds.titlekeys.com/ or if using freeshop, get a cia installable updater for this file here: github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
think of encTitleKeys.bin as a file that stores passwords. When Nintendo implemented the eshop every game was given a title ID, like a name, and a Title Key, like a password. Nintendo assumed that piracy would be impossible direct from the eshop, so instead of generating user-specific keys there is only one key for each game. This means that anyone can buy any game, dump the key, and then share it for everyone.
once you purchase a game the eshop installs a ticket (installable as .tik files) that tells the eshop you own a file. This allows the title to appear on the home menu and makes the title re-downloadable from the eshop. Using tools such as CDN-FX if you would prefer you can generate and install .tik files with FBI, then redownload from the eshop.
it is recommended you get your encTitleKeys.bin from 3ds.titlekeys.com/ as it is the most up-to-date.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
the encTitleKeys.bin most commonly used by all is dependent on user submissions. If you have a title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added. You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump, but the site doesn't take these.
You can encrypt your decTitleKeys.bin using titlekey encrypt (file) in the options. This will make it usable for everyone. you can then open this file in CDN-FX or a number of other tools to see the encrypted title key for your specific title in plain form, and post it here, or generate a QR code.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/fhasur.zip
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
Luma3ds Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Last rxTools nightly (only use if you have to): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/KxEstJfE
Last Thread: archive.is/YNEq7

11.0 DOWNGRADE
YOU MUST HAVE A 3DS WITH A9LH
YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO AN OLD 3DS FROM A NEW 3DS.
THIS WILL PUT BOTH 3DSES ON A 7-DAY SYSTEM TRANSFER COOLDOWN
you must BUY fieldrunners on the CFW'd 3DS. Pirating a copy WILL NOT WORK.
you should be running Luma3DS on your cfw'd 3ds.
Pack with all required contents: my.mixtape.moe/sinbqi.zip
Steps
1. Copy the included .sav to the root of your SD containing the fieldrunners exploit
2. Put godmode9.bin into your luma payloads folder.
3. create a save file for fieldrunners and reboot your 3DS into godmode9.
4. choose SD, go to public.sav, hit copy, return to the main menu, go to SYSNAND TWLN>title>00030004>4b464445>data, replace the .sav with the new one.
|–4a. If you wish to keep your NNID on your original 3DS, make a nand dump and backup your SD cards' contents.
5. system transfer to your unhacked system.
|–5a. restore your nand dump on your original system
7. copy the boot.nds file onto your new system's SD card, launch fieldrunners, and then go to scores.
8. use the O3DS or N3DS_NAND.bin backup option.
9. Inside the NFIRM folder, take the 2 .cias that match your system (O3DS/N3DS) and copy them to the Autofirm folder, along with your new NAND dump.
10. Run the included batch file and specify which 3DS Model you're using, this will modify your nand dump.
11. Load the fieldrunners explot again, and go to the nand restore. Now you can use any 10.4 exploit to get to the homebrew launcher and downgrade as per the steps here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)
|–11a. If you wish to keep the NNID on your original 3ds, format once downgraded. This allows you to bypass the 7-day cooldown, so you don't have to do a transfer back.

can you play ds games without a flash cart yet?

What's the best CFW to install if I want to play Nipponese games on a NTSC-U o3DS currently on 9.2?

Also, show me your themes niggers.
3dsthem.es/1223

Most common is Luma, it's the one I'd recommend because it's still getting worked on but pretty much every good cfw should have functioning regionfree.

there's an emulator starting now but otherwise no, you can't, because of how it works. 3DS loads the DSi firmware to play ds games natively, so your CFW loses control at the start from being able to do anything.

Can we emulate N64/PSX games yet?

I want to fuck Araki

There's a PCSX port included in retroarch but it doesn't run most games at full speed (obviously, the psp will pretty much always take the cake on this one), and there was an N64 emulator but I believe that it was discontinued.

What about a n3DS from an o3DS?

also any upcoming 3DS games coming soon besides SMT4A?

shit, I had it backwards. you can't do it from a new 3ds to an old 3ds. You can do it from an old 3ds to a new 3ds but can't transfer back.

Yo-Kai Watch 2 is coming out in september if you're into that, besides the obvious pokemon games there's not much else I'm looking for personally.

Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Yo-kai Watch 2
Pokemon Sun/Moon

Will probably come out next year:
Etrian Odyssey V

Seems like the 3DS is on it's last legs.

I'm hanging on for a D/P Remake with Gen 7, I really liked platinum but the battling was kinda slow and if that could get improved I'm incredibly down.

As long as they don't rush it like they did with OR/AS I would be ok with it.

Lol Nintendo.

Fieldrunners is bound to get pulled and then this won't be a thing anymore. If this takes off then 11.1 is probably bound to come out as well, unfortunately.

I felt decent about oras, but then again gen 3 was my favorite. The delta episode felt shorter than it should have, and I wish they had done the battle Frontier instead of the battle resort but overall I felt good about it.

When piracy became possible for practically everyone it was only a matter of time. That they didn't announce another new model this year (nor even a price drop) also spoke volumes.

I don't really buy any of the NX rumors floating around, but the timing does seem conspicuous.

is it possible to use smashhax on 11.0?

Just buy a r4 3DS Wood. It's like 15 bucks and you won't have to wait another fifty billion years for the scene to stop being a bunch of faggots about making it happen.

Yes but new 3ds only.

Just fuck my shit up tbh fam

2 has been out for 2 years and 3 just came out yesterday.

The English version is coming out in September.

What do I do to spruce up my hax? I have rxtools and whatever the original guide called for, but that's obsolete or something.

What are the best DS flashcarts anons?

I use DSTWO and it's worked just fine for me. You need a DS to update its firmware before using it in a 3DS though.

There's a section in the op for updating from rxtools, ctrl+f it. I've redtexted it in the template for next time.

Get an r4i gold, they're $20 shipped from modchipsdirect.com, which ships from California. Remember to hold start when launching ds games on the home menu to load them in the right resolution.

DS two isn't really worth it anymore. The emulation stuff is done better by the 3ds natively and the extra cpu in it just causes extra battery drain, plus it's double the cost of an r4i gold. It's great if you're still using a ds lite, but if you only plan to use it on 3ds it's better to get a less featured card.

just fuck my shit up

Ordered an R4i Gold from R43DS.org instead of modchipsdirect, how fucked am I?

Depends, there's a million sites that sell flash carts. Either you'll be down $20, but most likely you'll just have to wait 2 or 3 months for the shipping from China.

Well, you paid 5$ extra for some emulator support over the Wood, which is pointless if you're on n3DS, but otherwise you did okay on price. As for not ordering from modchipsdirect, hope you're feeling lucky, since it'll probably arrive anywhere from 1 week to 6 months from now.

I did the Plailect Guide up to getting luma and injecting health and safety. Can I just install my vidya now? any reason to do the rest?

If you have emuNAND then no. It's just QoL bullshit and sounds far too scary for the potential "reward".

if you install the rest you can dump the emunand and have 100% bootrate with a sysnand CFW. you can work a sysnand/emunand setup fine, it's just a little more messy. Also, you should install the normal FBI cia through the H&S injected one, because it can't get updates without manually injecting it again.

the only chance of fucking it up is if you're on a new 3ds and can't fucking read. The only cause for bricks anymore are people who disregard instructions.

Welp time to break my 3ds trying this out.

just use your fucking brain and read and you'll be fine.

Not directly homebrew-related, but I figured I might as well ask here since Startpage isn't helping.

I downloaded Go Go Kokopelo using CDN-FX and installed it using FBI. Whenever I try to run it through my EmuNAND's Home Menu, it'll start, but then the bottom screen will show an ingame error message of some sort telling me to press the power button to shut off the system and to consult the operations manual. Also, out of several SEGA 3D Classics games that I downloaded, the more recent Genesis ones (Gunstar Heroes and Shinobi 3) will just load on the Nintendo 3DS red wave screen forever. I'm running 11.0 on EmuNAND, O3DS, through LumaCFW.

Are the files from CDN-FX faulty or is it just my system? I had a similar problem with Kirby Robobot that was fixed when I updated my EmuNAND.

Well
Fug, I was so sure I followed the guide exactly. What do?

My mistake, I meant after doing the one click setup I rebooted

for gunstar heroes and shinobi 3, you need to visit the pages in the eshop to fix them. You can also do this in FBI. Newer titles use what's called seed crypto which have to be fixed when you install them.

So, has anyone here made their own injections of SNES roms? I made one for Thunder Spirits, and I found a couple people made. All-stars, Clock tower, and a hack of A Link to the Past. I could probably put them in a zip and upload it if anyone wants them.

Once I realized that "emulation" is now going to be the alternative. (And I'm sure it won't be anywhere near playable outside of a few games like NSMB.) It's better to just get an R4 or something.

well, guess I'm retarded because I can't get past the browserhax part. Keeps crashing the browser and I get a message saying "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software in use, and then restart the system."

go into the settings and go to initialize save data, reset it, then try again.

I tried to do my own SNES injects but making a banner is beyond me and I'm so autistic I want to make sure they're right. Lazy on Nintendo's part not to put the cart labels on.

Yeah I've done that quite a few times. Is it just one of those things where you have to keep doing it over and over again until it works?

I thought I'd never see the day

nevermind

pretty much that's how it works.

So, I think I've got a problem. Seems that I've gotten everything up to the hourglass 9 complete. I set up my configuration for luma, and now I'm trying to run the Hourglass 9 by pressing start at the reboot, but nothing happens. I just stay on a black screen. Any Advice? I'd really appreciate it!

make sure you have it in luma/payloads and that it's named start_hourglass9.bin. If you need to, redownload it, or just use decrypt9/emunand9, they all do dumps.

Alright, I've tried redownloading it, i've changed the name from start_Hourglass9.bin to start_hourglass9.bin . Neither of these options worked. How do I use decrypt9 to do what hourglass9 does? I don't really know what it does. Thank you very much for the help!

For decrypt9 go to sysnand/emunand options and sysnand backup/restore. For emunand9 you can go to emunand manager options and backup sysnand/emunand to file.

And restoring won't fuck up the a9lh process?

This is the guide I used to help me put banners in.

wololo.net/2016/05/15/3ds-full-snes-3ds-injection-guide-banners-unique-ids/

you can fuck up a9lh with it but decrypt9 has a [keep a9lh] option if you're doing it with the original emunand dump. If you're using a dump that already has a9lh installed then all you have to do is restore it normally.

Hold the start button down before you turn the console on and it should work.

That did it! Thanks!

Is it possible to use SDXC cards, or are we stuck with SDHC?

How hard is it to make custom themes? I'm not really seeing anything I want here.

3DS will work with any SD card formatted FAT32.

You can get all official themes for CHMM here: 3dschaos.com/threads/all-official-themes-for-chmm-region-free-15-07-16.2279/

Making your own theme isn't that hard for the pictures, but the music is a pain in the ass.

Good to hear on the SD, a shame on the music, since that's what I really wanted a theme for more than anything. Thanks!

I've been out for a bit, someone told me FBI does QR codes now so I updated, but from the looks of it i'm gonna need one of those titlekeys thingies. I grabbed the encTitlekeys.bin, but i'm drawing a blank on where to stick it.

Also, is there anywhere I could find a repository of those QR codes?

If you download the pc tool shameless, it as a built in function to download the encTitleKeys.bin from 3ds.titlekeys.com and then you can make qr codes with a single click. You only need titlekey to make qr codes for it, but if you get the encTitleKeys.bin-Updater application and freeShop you can basically have an eshop for pirates.

is it worth spending 80 dollars for a 2ds to hack it?

On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being easy as balls and 10 being difficult and time consuming.
How would you rate downgrading a 3DS? And how much time did it took you the first time?

considering that's the price of 2 games I'd say if you have any interest in the 3ds it's worth it.

In my experience I'd say the first time is about a 5, anything after that is decreasing in magnitude. If you download all the parts first and read the instructions pretty carefully, it'll take you about an hour to downgrade and set up an emunand, maybe 3 hours to go all the way and install a9lh. I've done about 7 3ds' now and it's basically down to a science by this point.

Also, it looks like 10.6/10.7 is getting a second wind with browserhax, so the oot3dhax + powersaves may be seeing it's end.

So it's possible to downgrade 11.0 now? How and is it publicly available yet?

Is it possible to access the other language keyboards? NA 3DS's locked out the Japanese keyboard.

Thanks a bunch dude.

Would anyone happen to have one of the Holla Forums's worthwhile DS lists? Seems like I've never saved it when its come up before.

Any worthwhile custom themes?

Some of the ones I like:
3dsthem.es/4591
3dsthem.es/1223
3dsthem.es/5
3dsthem.es/3572

Thank you kindly

3dsthem.es/3469
3dsthem.es/3720

Has anyone been getting issues with the 'SD card has been removed error'? It pops up all the time when I'm playing MHGen and it's getting pretty annoying.

that's either a problem with your sd card (most likely), or your SD card reader.

My guess is it's the SD card. The Nintendo website says that SDXC cards aren't 100% compatible with the system. It just hasn't happened before now so I thought I'd check in and see if anyone else noticed it.

if you're using an SDXC card, make sure the cluster size is 64k. 32k clusters can help with smaller files, but 64k cluster helps boot times and reduces errors on SDXC cards.

Does the format program in the 3DS (the one you set up with A9LH) let you customize that? It's the only thing I found that allowed me to make it FAT32.

Emunand9 formats with a clustersize of 64k by default.

Well that doesn't help. I hope it's not the 3DS itself.

I doubt it, but if you're using an n3ds it's as easy as getting a tri-point screwdriver and replacing the reader. It's way more likely to be your SD card though, especially if it's a shitty brand like kingston or something.

Nah, it's Samsung. Hypothetically, how easy would it be on an old 3DSXL?

Sooo, how do I install a Cumstom Theme? Is it hard?

old 3dsxl you have to take apart completely but as far as I know there's no soldering involved, the o3ds non-xl just has a ribbon cable which can be a pain, though.

download + install chmm2 from here: rinnegatamante.it/site/3ds_hbs.php

put your custom themes inside the theme folder on the SD card and then open chmm2 on your home menu and pick your theme.

It's still just a bcstm file and body_LZ right? In that case, I have a few that I salvaged from the old 3DSthemes website (plus one that I made myself).

files.catbox.moe/86ucyw.zip (Cave Story)
files.catbox.moe/281sm0.zip (FLCL)(Couldn't load in my theme editor, might not work)
files.catbox.moe/dfh2k2.zip (Monster World IV)
files.catbox.moe/c9k58q.zip (Holla Forumsrage)

I'd upload them to the new theme site everyone seems to be using, except I have to make some kind of weird Mozilla account that I don't want to like my email to.

10minutemail tbh, famicom

shit out a cock.li email then.

also, you can have custom badges too now as well as themes, download GYTB:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/183608682/GYTB_cia.zip

and you can get some custom badges at badges.3dsthem.es/
They just have to be 64x64 PNGs with transparency, I use them as folder labels.

some more

and the last few console icons

Is downloading directly from Nintendo's servers really such a good idea? Think they wouldn't catch on to so many people stealing the shit from right under their noses?

If you're happy with what looks like a Fisher Price toy. Although aren't the 2DSes based on 3DS specs and not N3DS?

It's frankly amazing that they don't just block random downloads like that. PSN is about as retarded though.

Too bad there's no good Maki themes to rebrand my Luma3DS back to ReiNand. I'll just stick with the red-pink theme.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I'm running 10.7.0-32U, is this a guide i should follow? It radically differs from what these threads usually do.

That is the thread linked in the OP and it's the most commonly recommended because it's kept up-to-date.

guide not thread
just fuck my shit up

thanks friend. I didn't see it in the monstrously long op

Will only need my 3ds's flash card for this? Or do I need a special card/tool for this?

Why not just make a Maki theme? From what I'm seeing it's super easy.

Hell, if you can find a good images for the screens and make a looping menu song I would make it for you.

What do you want? play 3DS games or just play DS games?
If you want to play 3DS you need to install CFW and it depends on the firmware your console does have.

No need to downgrade, just install the CFW

You just need an internet connection to downgrade.

You need Cubic Ninja or Freakyforms. Other solution may be OoT but you need another 3DS with CFW or Powersave if I'm not mistaken.

No other way unless you have another 3DS with A9LH and FieldRunners.

If you want to play DS games then you can use a flashcard like the R4 wood or maybe a DSTWO.

Motherfucking a9lh on 3 different systems and have installed it to 4 others. Dsiware hax hype!

That third image, I was there. Sad to see this exploit go when 11.1 rolls around but by then, I mean it's been over half a year since downgrading became a thing. If you're not in the secret club by now it sucks to be you.

Okay, it's 3:30 AM here and all of the words in the github guide are running together.

I already have an emuNAND set up, it works, I can play pirated games, etc. Could someone explain in simple terms what I would get out of setting up whatever the fuck A9LH is.

Fuck, is there no way I can downgrade from 11.0?

Brick protection, 9 second boot, you can ditch the emunand, future-proofing. Ditching the emunand saves you 2 gigs on the SD, if you have a shitty tiny one this is a good thing. Other hacks also have a fail rate, a9lh doesn't. Boots 100% of the time. Plus when you tell people you have it you look like a bad ass, so if you're vain that's a plus.

I've had my 3DS hacked for well over a year now, I just wish there were more games that interest me to download. I'm just patiently waiting for Pokemon Sun and Moon to finally release mang

Too much hassle. Also the technical side is easy but making a theme that doesn't clash horribly with all the stuff that will be floating on top of it is a problem. Of the ones on the theme site I like 3dsthem.es/1443 the best. 3dsthem.es/108 is nice too but the bottom screen should be empty, it'll already be cluttered with icons..

Also god no J-Pop home screen thanks that would be awful.

New or old? If it's old you should check out the snes VC

Need a friend with a 3DS with A9LH and with the game FieldRunners (bought from the e-shop).
Hardmod is another option, but you need experience soldering.

I said a song, didn't need to be one from whatever Maki is from.

Here's some mock-ups I threw together, but I don't really know what you're looking for so, let me know what you'd want changed. Also, I didn't color anything, like the camera buttons and the like, mostly because these were more proof of concept than actual themes.

Maki 1 - my.mixtape.moe/ztivfw.7z
Maki 2 - my.mixtape.moe/fobyuf.7z
Maki 3 - my.mixtape.moe/zgftbh.7z
Maki 4 - my.mixtape.moe/rirjwa.7z

Ayo, I got my 3ds all set up and shit, but the analog stick is busted, I think the two thin rubber thingys got messed up for some reason.
One came right out, but I think the other one is making the analog stick a bit stuck, I can see it's messed up from underneath the stick.
I'm about to open it and check it out, but the screws are too small, waiting on some smaller screwrdivers.
I made some research and noticed that if I for some reason mess up, I might break the L and R buttons, so does anyone of you know how to change the Rxtools boot button? In case I fuck up, at least I still have a working CFW and emunand…
Also, what are those little things even supposed to do? Am I screwed if I take them off?

DONT

trust me, do NOT mess with it, I made that mistake and ended up shipping the fucking thing to Nintendo for repair, luckily this was before I hacked it

if it feels stuck underneath try simply moving the circle pad back and forth and it'll gradually come lose again

Been there, but now it's sticking a lot for good. Its not reaching the end of the stick region and the console's calibration thing isn't helping.
What exactly fucked your 3DS when you opened it?

If you have experience with devices that have touchscreens it's not a big job to open it and fix things.
Also, I think you can just buy a new stick on E-Bay, or similar, and replace it. I don't think it requires any soldering or anything either.

I need to do a full case replacement, because my hinges finally started to give out after a few years.

And you'd be right, that's pretty much exactly what I wanted. I'd actually have put them on shuffle if that was working, for now I'll just use 3 as it's my favourite.

Thank you!

Opening to reach the analog stick doesn't even seem to reach the touchscreen part.

how do I unuck my 11.0.0 system?
I own a 9.2 reinand CFW console as well.
What is this a9sdhs thing?

I already have RXtools and CFW and haven't updated my sysNAND from 9.2 for arm9 what OS do I need to be on exactly and is switching from RXtools to say Luma (provided it natively bypasses region locking) as simple as switching out RXtools for luma on the SD card?

Luma does fix ds flashcarts and has native reigion unlocking, RX is unneeded.

my friend hacked my 3DS for me so I have no idea what I have to do and I can't really understand the guide on how to backup and update my emunand, Currently I'm on version 10.X and I'm using Reinand.

Also, is it possible to change to Arm9 or anything else?

sorry for the stupid question shitting up the thread

NAND backups are made with a program like emuNAND9, it's possible there's a way to load that with how he set it up but you'd have to ask him.

If the system is set up as I think (themehax entrypoint, emuNAND with ReiNAND, double-check with your friend!!) then it's in a good position to switch to arm9loaderhax and there are good instructions for how.

However while rewarding, the process to set it up has risky steps and takes some time to perform, so you may want to leave it as it is.

Oh my god. Too bad it got given the C&D and it sucks to play on a D-pad because it's a pretty damn good port, even in its unfinished state.

Alrighty, so just remove the boot options for RXtools and replace it with Luma?

I see, how do I update without breaking my hack though? I want to get to the latest version so I can play MHX with my friends and I don't think I found it in the guide how to update it

Do not update via eShop!! This will update sysNAND and you will be screwed. Not sure about cartridges but I'd avoid those too just in case.

Also, ask your friend if he unlinked the NANDs. According to some it can cause problems with updates.

With that out of the way, go to system settings. Check the firmware version string and make sure you are actually in emuNAND. If you aren't do not update! If you are, do not exit system settings! You will end up in sysNAND! Go straight to the system update menu. From there just update like normal.

How does one tell if they're in emunand from the system settings?
I think I've unlinked sys and emunand since booting without pressing L goes into default and pressing L runs luma, but is emunand supposed to say something special after the firmware version?

So I'm following the guide in the OP and I just got to the point where I'm using Hourglass9 to put my emuNAND_original onto my SysNAND and it's saying my backup is corrupt. How fucked am I?

I should add that my backups all match the filesize listed in the guide as what a good dump would have.

here is what i wanna know, if i cfw, can i play regular ds roms? i wanna castlevania and colonial marines.

can you cfw on XL?

if i buy an XL from the store, will the firmware be low enough?

Read the thread, this has been answered atleast 3 times, this thread alone.
No, you can't because of how the system handles DS game launching. Seriously, just get an R4 they're like $5.

XL is the same as the original 3DS it just has a slightly bigger screen, so I don't see why it wouldn't.
If you mean a New 3DS, then that's also a yes.

If you buy it new, yes. If you buy it used, probably not.

So I'm on part 5 of the guide and I'm stuck. Says I need to go to this site, pic related to start an install. Every time I go to the site my 3ds freezes and I have to reboot the system. I tried the trouble shooting they have but it didn't help me. Anyone have some ideas what might be wrong?

turn on the 3ds before putting the card in.

I got a DS flashcart a while ago and it works fine on my DS Lite and DSi, but after a little while of using it on my 3DS it freezes up as if the cartridge were removed. I figured out it's probably because the pins for making contact with the cartridge are smaller on the 3DS than on the DS Lite or DSi. Is there any easy fix to this, or should I just get a new one, and if I should get a new one, which one would be the best to avoid this problem happening again?

What flashcart?
If it's an acekard put a thin piece of cardboard under the contacts or a thick piece of paper

According to the front of the cart, it's an R4 3DS Upgrade Gold Pro Revolution. Or the order of "upgrade" and "3DS" might be reversed, I can't really tell.

Before I do something potentially stupid, what would loading NAND backups from a different 3DS do.

To explain that better, I have 2 3DS XL's, both with the same NAND chip, and one has corrupted backups of the NAND, the other's are fine. What would loading the working one onto the other 3DS do?

Any chance we'll be able to downgrade 11.0 withouth a hardmod?
Those precise operations to solder scare me a bit.

See

That is redundant and useless to my case.
I mean doing it only software on your first console .

so if I go with luma CFW and ARM9 I can update my N3ds to the most recent FW and play online no problems?

That's the answer to your question.

You have two options to downgrade, one being software based, and you don't like either, so I don't know what to tell you.
At some point maybe they'll be able to do it some other way, but it requires people to find the keys to get into the firmware and eShop devs that make games so shitty they can be exploited.

did somebody port freakyhax to the non
deluxe version yet?

So with Luma I can update emunand?
Does that mean I can play multiplayer games online on emunand with Luma?
Is there a special procedure for updating emunand specifically? My sysnand needs to stay at 9.2 no matter what.

Okay, so if I'm currently running with rxTools, and I want to start using A9LH, I need to first switch CFW to Luma using the instructions in that second post in the OP. All that seems to entail is copying over a bunch of files into my SD card (I'd rather keep my ability to use Homebrew, which is why I need to copy over all of those folders instead of just replacing the boot.3dsx, right?).

Then, after that, I just follow the github instructions as written, right?

Well I installed that and now I get nothing but a black screen when I start up with my SD card. and if I have no SD card in at all the 3DS won't even turn on. Think I'm bricked. Time to kill myself for being a retard.

NDS Rom injection won't likely ever exist because the only ds cias are DSiware, any ds installables have to be recompiled as DSiware.

niceu.

A9LH is detailed in the OP, as is the fieldrunners soft downgrade.

That's all you have to do.

hold select when booting luma, and check "show current nand in system settings", then you'll see an emu string instead of a ver string. You can tell your nands are unlinked if you can have different themes in each, or if you put a folder on one that doesn't appear on the other.

try and verify them with the .sha file and if it still isn't working, try one of the other dumps like your original sysnand, and then you can just update it to 11.0.

you have to have a flash cart for original DS games.

using another 3ds' nand is an instant brick, no ways around it.

yes, that's correct.

yes, with luma you can update, and play multiplater games online. In order to update your emunand you have to make sure your nands are unlinked. Format sysnand with tinyformat after making your emunand and then ensure they're seperate by giving them different themes or putting identifiable folders on the home menu.

the only thing that would stop you from using homebrew is if you use the included menuhax folder. the /3ds/ folder in the luma pack will contain a normal .3dsx that is loadable through the homebrew launcher. You have to have the .dat because that's the actual cfw that either .3dsx loads.

Ok. I'm N3DS 9.2 using ninjhax to access homebrew, using reinand to access my emunand which is at 9.5 or something, and my emu and sys nands are unlinked. I want to get the A9LH train rolling, and keep all my games AND SAVES from emunand.

What parts of the Plailect guide do I follow? My understanding is that I should follow the specific parts from parts 1-3 that involve backing stuff up, and then follow parts 4-5 carefully. Is this right? What all needs to be backed up (in parts 1-3)?

First of all, thanks for explaining, second of all, I guess I'm screwed? it gives me an error saying it can't update once it finished downloading the update throught the system settings, can't seem to find a troubleshoot but again, I am severely retarded

I might take out some of the details about enctitlekeys.bin considering that nobody actually gives a shit about the why as much as just getting free games. I might take out the explanation about the exploit names too. The 11.0 downgrade is more of a one-time thing since it's applicable to such a small number of people, probably just include it as a link in the downloads section. I'm trying to section stuff off with greentext so people can find their question more easily.

parts 1-2 are homebrew+downgrade, part 3 details emunand setup. 4+5 are for a9lh setup. As long as you have an emunand dump from your original emunand you can restore it after you install a9lh and all your titles and saves will be intact.

Reinand has built in NATIVE_FIRM write protection, blocking complete updates. Update with Luma3DS for a full 11.0 update.

Can anyone else answer my question? If I can't get it to work better, I at least want to know what cart to get.

My most recommended flash cart is the r4i gold: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

When you put the cart into a DS Lite, does it have an icon and title on the DS Menu or load automatically (and not depending on your settings on the DS)

also, for anyone interested I've updated the basic utilities pack in OP, it's a good starting point of useful tools for anyone just now setting up your 3ds. It includes links to the respective pages and version numbers to keep track of versions.

my.mixtape.moe/lnwkfb.zip

Includes: CHMM2, CTRXplorer, Devmenu, encTitleKeysUpdater, FBI, Freeshop, FTP-GMX, HB Launcher cia, JK's Save Manager, SaveDataFiler, StarUpdater for those using Luma, and TWLSaveTool for managing DS Cart saves.

It has an icon and title.

if it has an icon and title it should show up on the 3ds menu. My 3ds mostly gets along with my cart but it has trouble fitting sometimes. Try cleaning up the pins with a Q-Tip and some alcohol and shove it back in there and try seating it in as best you can. Worst case scenario, another good flash cart is $20.

So all I need before steps 4-5 is an emunand dump and the Nintendo 3ds folder? There's nothing else to backup from steps 1-3?

I think you're misunderstanding me, it works fine on my 3DS, but after a while it freezes up. This doesn't happen with official carts, so I believe it's something to do with my flashcart.

you can backup your whole SD card if you want, but as far as I know you don't format your card until after you finish up (to wipe out the partition that would hold an emunand), so you shouldn't lose anything. Obviously if you see something telling you to format think before you act but based off my experience, I'm pretty sure it's fine.

That does sound like more of a flash cart issue reading your SD card, try formatting your SD card with the panasonic formatter and try again, flash cards can be bitchy (though admittedly, mine is the least finicky one I've had).

First before you panic try to hold the trigger button down before you turn it on with the sd card in your system. If this doesn't work then let the thread know, okay?

That's normal behavior for A9LH, if you put the SD card in with no arm9loaderhax.bin the light will come on and then go off immediately. make sure you have the payload .bins in your /luma/payloads folder and the arm9loaderhax.bin from luma on the root of your sd card and try as this user says:

Thanks user that worked for me.

Thank you too user.

I don't think it's an issue with the flashcart reading the SD card, I just used it to play Rhythm Heaven for a little while on my DS Lite. I specifically chose Rhythm Heaven because games that require the system to be held sideways tend to freeze more quickly on my 3DS and it requires no button presses (the DS Lite has a tendency to shut down when you press A or B, which is why I never use it in the first place). It didn't freeze. Just after I did that, I played it on my 3DS, and I played through one game and it froze during the transition from the results screen to the menu.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if there are any tools to dump NDS roms on a 3DS?

there's no way to dump actual roms on a 3DS. the uncart tool had some code left over but nobody actually made a tool to dump NDS roms. Not that it matters too much, though, most NDS games are easy enough to find online. You can manage saves though.

well Either Luma3DS's github is missing something or I downloaded the wrong things because I don't have the files they ask you to have on the root of the 3DS, unless I am doing something completly wrong and looking on the wrong places

Oh i know those are the two avaible ways, i've read the documentation carefully, i was just wondering if there were some progress on software mod, that's all.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

don't get the dev version.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

follow this guide completely. It has all the links to the necessary files and the steps to place them directly. Also, if you don't want to go the entire way you can stop before going into 2.1.

11.0 Soft-Downgrade now has it's own section on the recommended guide, I'm gonna cut it out of OP and just link next thread to help with the size of the thing. I've added a question about the NDS roms that keeps getting asked, but I want an opinion on the enctitlekeys.bin thing. If anyone actually cares about how that works, or if I should just cut that out. I'm going to leave in the "how does the site get keys" part because I want people to know how to share it if they buy stuff on the eshop but for right now I feel like it's just taking up space.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Finally finished the homebrew.Thanks all.
So anyone have a link to Fire Emblem Fates with the fan translation patch+yuri patch?

you can only get the fan-translation+uncensor or the gay patch, the gay patch only exists for the US rom.

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/270144-mega-fire-emblem-special-edition-english-translation-v3-0-dlc-links.html?highlight=fire emblem

That's a damn shame. Oh well thanks again user.

into the trash it goes along with any lingering hope I had for nintendo

How are your computer issues related to your 3ds at all?

one of the SD cards isn't working on my computer
neither of them aren't bworking on the DS
I thought I was pretty clear but I guess I wasn't

The 3ds just uses SD cards formatted fat32, if your computers can't read that then it's their problem not your 3ds'.

I know that and the SD cards were formattwed to system 32, did you not get the part where everything wa working perfectly until out of fucking nowhere my DS just won't read SD cards anymore or was I not clear enough?

Wow I made a fuck bunch of typos in this, whatever, I should be sleeping anyways

SD cards are pretty temperamental pieces of technology. Sometimes they'll work right for years, other times they'll stop working almost immediately.

Anyway, onto the real questions:
Has the system been dropped?
Did you somehow fuck up the SD reader? (Putting in cards upside-down, trying to force in cards at an angle, etc.)
Are the SD cards locked? Sometimes devices have issues reading locked SD cards, like I said they can be pretty temperamental.
Are the contacts on the SD card in good shape? Run a pink rubber eraser over the contacts a few times, preferably in the same direction you would insert it into something.

Can't think of anything else. Either you messed up the SD card reader on the DS or your cards are fucked.

Alright, well good thing I didn't try that then. How do I verify with the .sha then?

nope

never

I don't think Micro SDs have a lock

as far as I can tell, yes

I have no idea how that is even possible since I didn't do shit, but one of the cards is working fine, just not on the DS, none of the cards work on it

In decrypt9 if you go to emunand options you can do a validate nand dump, or on your pc you can get a tool to check the dump against the sha1 sum. If you go to properties and the dump matches the byte count on the nand page you should be alright though, just make sure to do a nand restore (keep a9lh) and you should worst case have to restore a different dump.

i updated to 11.0.0.-33U on N3DS
i am incapable of hardmodding because idk how to solder shit
if i get a CFW and follow the steps will i be good to go?

CFW is the end result, really. Anyways, if you have another system that you can/already have modded, you can get it softmodded. Otherwise you can pay someone to hardmod it for you, or you can get a soldering iron and some various electrical components (some LEDs and shit) to practice soldering together so you can git gud. I'd recommend learning how to solder so you can do a bunch of cool things in the future, like making your own adapters for shit.

ah i see
thanks for the help user

Why did I make this?

Eh, after 3rd gen the series starting going downhill.
Also I'd like if there was a version of that list that removed the ports. I mean Chrono Trigger and FF4 are good games, but you could already play them on the SNES.

I beg to differ, HG/SS were probably the best pokemon games.

I guess were going to have to disagree there, because I'd say Gold and Silver were; Ruby and Sapphire being roughly on the same level.

*we're

What exactly do you think is worse about HG/SS compared to the originals?

god bless you.

I thought 4th gen was pretty good, if the encounters were faster so travel was less of a slog. It had great music.

because you're a real human bean
and a real hero

A brick. Do not do it! Pretty much everything on your 3DS is console-specific.

For DS ROMs just try to find a no-intro torrent, those usually work happy unless you need a hacked ROM for some shitty flash card.

It sounds pretty hosed. As a last resort you could try formatting the SD card (right-click->format, as FAT32) but that will lose everything on it.

OK

I have a >New 3DS XL
It is on >Version 9.5.0-22U
I want to play >DS and 3DS games

What are my options? My main course of action.

AL9H or EmuNand. Get a flashcart for ds games either way.

So what's the best stuff to emulate on the old 3ds and what's the newest system it can emulate? i have retroarch (although i do have to update from 1.3.3 to 1.3.6) and i just emulate mega drive and SNES

i'd say 4. it doesn't include any effort on your side however the whole proccess is heavily counterintuitive

this, 3ds hacking is full of moralfags. get a r4 or a realiable clone

Am I getting fucking memed on with these Retroarch cores or something? Virtual Boy Wario Land can't hold 10 FPS and injects through the Sonic 2 3D emulator are more reliable than running them through the Genesis Plus GX core.

I half-expected bad results given I'm trying them on a 2DS but the VB issues are baffling.

3 or 4, it was frustrating and took me a day or two when I first did it back in January but it wasn't actually difficult at any point. I could probably do the whole process in an hour or so now that I know what I'm doing.

Would you fuck a Luma

how's that 2D going fag?
also, different consoles, different emulators, different methods. of course your results are different

By "newest system" I'm assuming you mean most technically advanced. In that case, the O3DS can emulate PSX, but it's really fucking slow.

your system works with browserhax
use browserhax to get into the homebrew launcher, from there you can start a downgrade to any firmware you want
DO NOT GO TO INTERNET WITH YOUR CONSOLE

So I haven't touched my 3ds since mhx came out, do I need to redownload or update anything to play newer games?

Any advice on how to play MonHun:Generations on a cracked 3ds?

How to play MonHun:Generations online with other people *

So does this go by a different name in the free shop? Can't find it at all.

If your 3ds' emunand isn't on 11.0 then update.

Install it.

There's probably not a titlekey dumped for it yet, look for a cia on the usual suspects. You can go to 3ds.titlekeys.com to check for titles on freeShop since that's where everyone gets their encTitleKeys.bin files, including the .cia.

Retroarch pretty much only works on n3ds. You should stick to injects for Genesis.

If someone made a homebrew program designed for DSi on a 3DS? If so, how would someone go about making a DSi app that launches an NDS rom, even if the rom has to be patched or something?

Most importantly, can we compile DS software in such a way that it can be put into cia format? If not, could we edit an existing DSi app that's in NDS format, like PictoChat for instance, and put the files for a DS game in it?

I'm not sure how DS games compare to DSiWare games, but it could be done with some kind of hexcode injection, then .cia formatting.

It's giving me errors saying that I can't connect

2DS is a surprisingly comfy handheld so it works pretty well, surprised there's not a New 2DS though

I don't give a rat's ass about the 3D effect because VB Wario Land is one of the best fucking games I've ever played and the 3D effect is about as necessary for it as it is for similar background-foreground swaps in 3DS games

Whoever made this. Thank you for using my OC to make something so beautiful.

3dsthem.es/4700

even the n3DS can't handle PSX. I just wanted to play some SotN, dammit.

What emulator?

It's in the embed I posted.

Using the retroarch PSX. Is there a better one out there?

What did you expect? Both are weak as shit

Following
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

When I select "Complete RedNAND setup" I'm told "file system is corrupt or unknown continuing without autosetup…"

Is this normal?

that is not normal, something sounds wrong with the SD card. make a backup and try formatting it fat32 again.

How should I format it? GUIformat?

probably just anything that can format it, hell, you can even format it in emunand9, make sure you have a backup of your stuff though.

What allocation unit size?

if it's 64gb+ do 64k, otherwise to 32k.

I thought o3DS only supported up to 32 GB?

All 3DSes support any size of SD card so long as they're formatted as fat32, though go above 64GB and you'll run into problems with some programs like DevMenu crashing trying to leaf through that much space

Has anyone tried one of those 2TB SD cards on a 3DS?

Not that I know of. Would probably be several minutes before anything appeared on Home Menu or for a full list to load in FBI.

Oh good. Bought a 64 GB I was going to use for my Wii U, but 2x32GB should be enough for all the Wii U games I don't have discs of. I'll use that 64GB card on my 3DS then because there are more games and portability is important..

2tb sd cards are chinese fakes.

The 3DS can't support so much (There's a limit but I can't remember) since the number of blocks can't be more than 99.999 or 999.999, I don't remember the quantity.

Doubtful, that's not even the Mednafen core and it's slow as hell.

Do steps 10+ have to be done without rebooting or am I fine shutting down once the rednand setup is done??

you can shut down after that just obviously don't turn your 3ds off in the middle of some process.

Thanks, the instructions were a bit unclear if using the eject thing was actually needed and I accidentally hit the reboot option instead.

Is it normal for menuhax to not work in step 12/13?

Probably, you can use browserhax to get back in and install menuhax anyways.

Oh shit, can I make a nand backup after completing rednand setup? Was told to start from step 3 with my 9.2 3DS and backmaking is on step 2 for some reason.

You can make a nand dump at any time, just use emunand9 or decrypt9.

This, and it's strongly advised to make a sysNAND backup before you start mucking around with it in case something goes wrong. That way you can restore it with a hardmod if necessary.

I expected nothing, it's Nintendo we're talking about

Is the only thing I want to activate in step 15 right?

correct

Thanks

Just means "power off, power on while holding l"?

if that's the button you set up in the config, yup. The steps are pretty specific, so if it wants you to do something differently, it'll say so

My system user name doesn't have to match the original right?

I'm supposed to go to the rednand home menu as soon as I hit luma3ds in homebrew launcher right with no menu between right?

No

The first time you go through the menu, the second time right to the home menu.

Any suggestions for a small (file size wise) .cia for testing to DL?

Thanks.

Most homebrew programs
Any GB injects, Tetris is a good one.

If I get a boxed, off the shelf N3DS then how easy will it be to hack it? I already have a AL9H O3DS and OoT

I'm still mad at myself for doing it even though I know how unlucky I am.
I just want to play Animal Crossing and MonHun again. ;____;

That depends entirely on what firmware version is installed. 10.5 and below are workable. 10.6-10.7 are possible but awful because you need a particular game, and 11.0 onwards are no-go. If you want to wing it I propose only buying if they have a return policy, but it would be far smarter to ask to check.

You best case would be a 9.2.0 N3DS.

Since for some reasons, since i started using Luma, Rxtools doesn't work anymore i thought of trying minipasta so i can manage my gba injects, but it doesn't work, it just gives me a black screen everytime i boot it up.
Yes i know it needs to be booted from emunand, still gives me a black screen.

Actually, there's apparently a way to get a system hacked even if it's on 11.0 if you already own a hacked console.

Yeah sure 11.0 is possible, but even more awful than 10.6-10.7 because you need a modded 3DS, defeating the purpose unless he has a friend with one. For what wants 10.5 or lower is all he should consider.

The person you were responding to ( ) says they already have an O3DS that's hacked.

Where's a reliable place to get an R4i Gold for my 3DS? I had an Acekard when I played on my DS, shame it doesn't work on 3DS.

modchipsdirect.com/ is where I got mine. They handle the payment in China but they ship out of California, I got mine in about 4 days.

Sooo, I am on EMUnand and I want to play online but the games ask me for a system update and yes my enumad is on the latest one

If you're using Luma, update to the latest version. That was an issue with the friend list in 11.0.

Sooo, I just drag the new Luma to my SD card, no?

Thanks for the recommendation. Time to see if my bank will throw a shitfit about international payments or not.

Take a wild guess.

Mine called me about fraud for a ton of sites, but modchipsdirect didn't have any issues.

Anything I should do before I update my rednand now that it's unlinked from my sysnand?

So, following Plailect's guide to the fucking letter. I spent 7.5 hours going through every process. Every painstaking step double checking to make sure I didn't fuck anything up.

I even got far enough to get through the 2.1.0 downgrade and everything. Keeping backups.

What they should tell you about the "idiot proof guide" is this… If you have an n3ds? Don't even fucking bother risking it. Because you'll be turbo fucked.

I get to the 2.1.0 downgrade. And I setup the final package of software on my sd card. Go to use the link in browser to trigger the .bin and final install? NOPE. Just freezes the n3ds. Nothing actually happens, no dialogue, no menus, nothing. For several minutes.

Nothing helps. Not hitting select. Nothing. So, thinking I was fucked. I turned the system fully OFF, not in sleep mode, and proceed to lament the fact I just softbricked my n3ds.

Find out, oh wait, maybe I messed up something and can try again! Or at least just restore the firmware via a cart!

Which would be all well and good… Except now it just gives the "an error has occurred" message attempting to boot up with or without the sd card now.

So yeah. I'm fucked. The idiot proof guide didn't work. And now I'm out the money for an n3ds. Unless I want to go buy 50+ dollars worth of soldering hardware to try and hard mod my system which may not even fucking work at this point.

So put a nice big fat fucking disclaimer that this shit is neither safe nor easy.

it's as safe as it's ever going to be, most likely. You knew the risks walking into it. Seeing as you don't have a bluescreen, it's not a hardbrick, so you have that at least. For the record though:

the new 3ds is hardly more risky than the old3ds, the only part that's more significant is the 2.1 downgrade, and that has a pretty slim chance, unfortunately for you you have shitty luck. The least safe part of the whole process is still the intial downgrade to 9.2. Sorry you got shit on, you can take it to gbatemp and try to get a hardmod or you might even be able to get some troubleshooting if you try, but I don't see any way out of that. Sorry, better luck next time, if you have any questions we're here.

My mistake but you still have to buy a game to do it, too much of a hassle, 10.5 or lower or return it!

The guide does warn you, you didn't read it carefully enough. Also ironically downgrading my N3DS for themehax failed and gave me a franken sysNAND but putting A9LH on it went without a hitch.

That sucks, but no one ever said this was safe. A few months ago, sysupdater was a coinflip every single time.

I softbricked an o3ds and hardbricked a n3ds. Since then, I've had 3 successful mods. Two o3ds's and one n3ds that I finished up less than a week ago. All using this same guide.

I hope you can figure out what went wrong so you can either reverse the issue or avoid it next time around, but I wouldn't shit on a guide just because it didn't work for you.

I saw the QR code for MHX and wanted to grab it, but I need to update to start the download. Just to be sure, if I'm running RX-E 10.5.0-30U, I can just navigate to the update option and run the update from there without breaking my emu?

Yep.

So what are some actual good 3DS games aside the MH series?
I was thinking animal crossing but i'm drawing a blank on anything else.
All i can think of are playing a couple of decent DS games on it.

I don't really give a shit about almost anything nintendo so zelda, mario, all that dumb shit for retards is out of the picture, i literally just got this system for MH games mostly.
Maybe luigi's mansion? I liked the original on GC, but i heard the 3DS one is utter shit.

You can, but for the future it's a good idea to update your cfw, read the updating from rxtools part in op.

You can stick to rx if you want to but it's getting out of date and there's no more updates for it anymore.

Shovel Knight. Azure striker gunvolt is a good mega man x sort of game. You can also do assloads of vc injects.

I liked Stella Glow a lot.

SRW UX
SRW BX
DQM 3D
DQM2 3D
7th Dragon 3
Sekaiju no MeiQ 4
Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ 1
Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ 2
Lost Heroes
Lost Heroes 2
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Rune Factory 4
Shin Megami Tensei 4 FINAL
Gyakuten Saiban 5
Gyakuten Saiban 6
Project X Zone 2: Brave New World

Off the top of my head

Luigi's Mansion 2 is really hit-or-miss in my opinion. It filled a few things I desired in a sequel, but it's far too linear to give me any real satisfaction. I would give it a shot. There's the SMT games. Off the top of my head, the ones for 3DS are SMT IV, SMT: DS: Overclocked, SMT: DS 2 Record Breaker, and Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. There's also the FPS games by Renegade Kid (I think that's the name of the company, I'm just doing this whole thing off the top of my head). Dementium Remastered in an enhanced version of the DS horror game, Dementium: The Ward, which was originally supposed to be a Silent Hill game, but Konami refused the offer. I haven't really played Moon Chronicles, but it seems good from just the first bits. The button-based looking is worse than Dementium's for some reason. There's the Ace Attorney games. SmileBASIC if you're into programming. There's probably more that I'm forgetting.

Also, here's a fun fact: There are 2 or 3 versions of Cave Story available on 3DS: the DSi version, the eShop version, and I seem to recall Cave Story 3D being a thing, but I think it only got a physical release.

Nah, plus it's on everything else, i'm thinking system specific games.
See above, plus if i wanted to play an actual interesting megaman game i'd just shove in the two Mega Man ZX games.
I also heard the first game was completely and utterly mediocre and only the sequel is looking very slightly interesting.

Meh.

I don't see anything interesting in here aside maybe SMT, but i heard bad shit about it's localization or something.
I especially want to steer clear from the Bravely series as i heard that the second half of the first game turns into total shit and that the second game is shit period and that -boh- games had translation and censoring issues, so i don't want to spend my time over a defective product.

is*

There are patches for that.

I'll look into Luigi's Mansion, i was a huge fan of the first game, i've been itching to play a new one for years now.
No interested in Dementium, as a SH (and hell, forbidden siren) fan they're just mediocre inferior experiences not worth anyone's time.
Ace Attorney games are alright i guess.
The best version of Cave Story is still on PC so it makes no sense for me to play it on 3DS, besides i've already pleyed it to death.

Yeah, like with most games, all of the ones listed above are going to be Japan only essentially, localizations are always a losing deal. For Bravely, the second half of the first game thing is overblown to fuck. Chapter 5 introduces the plot thread of parallel universes, and allows you to refight the bosses from the rest of the game, but with updated stats. You can skip almost all of them if you want to though with little penalty if you fought them once already, mainly just gives you more plot details. Chapter 6 is another repeat with a slight bit of remixing due to the side quest to get the last Job, but Chapters 7 and 8 are pretty intense remixes with some very interesting boss fight combinations, with a boss gauntlet in Chapter 8 that is just a joy to run through. All that said, Chapters 5-8 are incredibly short even if you choose to refight every single boss since you don't have to do any dungeons and you have the airship, and you can still get the true ending even without fighting every single boss, plus you can turn off random encounters at any time if you're playing For The Sequel, which you should be if you're playing the game at all at this point.

For Bravely Second, the writing isn't as good as in the first, and the soundtrack is a huge disappointment, but it's got some nice rebalancing to the jobs and is fun if you like the FF5-esque game the original was.

Luigis mansion I think was decent but I remember hearing about occasional framerate issues, so it'll probably be better on n3ds.

Yeah i'm getting a n3dsxl anyway so that's not an issue.

Yo-Kai watch is pretty fun if you speak a small amount of nip.

so let me get this straight:
I can now download my games directly from Nintendo's servers for free and ready to be installed with all dlc and updates and Nintendo can't do jackshit? The 3ds is almost as broken as the psp at this point

Yep, cdn-fx, freeShop, and ciangel all do this. If you get one from cdn-fx remember to cryptofix newer titles in fbi on install.

Alright, so. I finished using the guide on my first 3DS awhile ago and just finished a second one yesterday and I've noticed something off about my first 3DS. It cannot go into the Hombrew menu using the HB Launcher CIA and it takes ~17 seconds to boot, everything else is fine I've even been playing Monster Hunter online. What could I have messed up that's making this happen?

I should add that I'm using a 64GB SD card that I formatted to FAT32, so that might have something to do with it.

Is this done automatically if I install with fbi or is there an option in the menu on fbi for it?

Honestly I haven't tried yet so I can't say, but I think it's an option.

whats the easiest way to install themes on Luma?
any methods where i wont have to take out my SD?

only the best themes for me 3dsthem.es/5214

How are you gonna get the files on your 3DS dumbass?

I use howling theme tool, but I haven't seen it mentioned here, so there's probably something horribly wrong with it. It packs themes into a CIA which will add them to your theme menu.
You can in general avoid taking out your SD by using FTP, but that might not be optimal for very large files..

The biggest a Theme can be is 3MB.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/
no you, ばか

Anyone know of a good cheap cartridge thing that lets you play ds games?

Holy fuck put that 4 post long OP into a pastebin or something.

>github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

If I want to do the arm9loader thing, do I need RedNAND or can I do it with EmuNAND too?

4th part was interim because the 11.0 just came out, but since it's included in the guide now it's gonna be back to 3. I was thinking about cutting down the third some and I asked about it

But no one replied, so obviously no one cares and I'm just going to cut it down some.

Also if you can't read then fuck off anyways.

The end goal of that guide you will be using sysnand 100% and no other bullshit.

R4i Gold, $20 shipped: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

FTP for anything, or on N3DS Micro SD transfer tool.

See above. Get CHMM2 and copy your themes to the /themes/ folder, then pick them through CHMM2.

Also, this is me.

I'm trying to install the DSP sound thing for custom themes, but whenever I try to launch the dspdump.3dsx from the homebrew channel my 3ds freezes instantly. Are there alternate ways to install this thing so I can have my kawaii weeb theme blasting anime music on my 3DS?

The DSP Dumper is only needed for music previews, it should do it's thing in about a second and then stop. If you can get sound in your CHMM2 previews then you're fine, if not then you can try the one made by the guy who did CHMM instead.

Help please ive managed to downgrade my new nintendo 3ds to 9.2 via freakyforms last month. Due to work ive gotten lost on the steps Im on is there anyway to remove the homebrew network completely to start over at 9.2?

delete the /3ds/ folder and all your homebrew stuff will be gone.

Running smashhax on a N3DS 10.7.0-32U. Smash ver. 1.1.0.

I have the starter kit and smashpayload.bin in my microSD, and every time I initiate the hack, the game crashes to a "The software encountered a problem. The system must restart." nintendoze prompt. As far as I can see, nothing happened on my bottom screen to indicate the payload even ran. Do I just keep trying or am I doing something wrong?

What's the file to copy to back up my rednand?

There's no "file". The way you back it up is the same way you back up your sysnand: by using one of the programs that make nand backups (like Emunand9). Run the Red/emunand backup function in Emunand9 and it will export a ~1gb .bin file and a smaller .sha file to the SD. The bin/sha files are what you want.

So I read somewhere that the 1.1.0 cartridges (mine) need a different pcap to prevent it from crashing to menu. Anyone know which one that is/where I get it?

How do I actually use FBI?

The official instructions seem massively outdated (mid 2015, mentions RXtools). I have made a health and safety inject file, but don't know what else to do (like do I need to put any other files on my SD card?)

Also following this

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-luma3ds-cfw-for-2ds-o3ds-n3ds-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499
What parts in
Are actually required? The description makes it sound like a bunch of optional stuff with some stuff I actually need mixed in..

this is the only guide you need:

FBI Injection is included in the start of part 4, you have to dump health and safety then use universal inject generator to inject FBI, inject H&S back on your emunand and then install the FBI.cia through the injected version of fbi.

you also don't need ctrbootmanager unless you really want it, but it's used to autoboot luma instead of loading the homebrew launcher first. If you want to use an emunand setup it's a good idea. You don't really need the homebrew launcher w/o flashing colors but you can get it if you want it,

So does GBA emulation work okay on old 3ds?

GBA VC works fine on o3ds, remember to hold start while it starts up to get it at the right resolution.

Oh, I didn't realize the instructions for stuff not-related to 2.1 continued onto step 4.

Do I just dump the CIAs I want to install onto my 3DS (where filewise?) then install them via health and safety now then?

Yes, now that you have fbi installed in h&s you can just install cias through that. Go ahead and install fbi.cia through it because otherwise when fbi gets updated you have to manually inject it again, but with regular you just install a new cia (or use the self update in the FBI options)

Alright, I'm a huge faggot and tried to follow this to get a fresh 10.7 N3DS downgraded with ninjhax. It had an error partially through the installation and I can't get back in through ninjhax to try to update again. It just kicks me out when it would change to the Homebrew launcher saying an error has occurred. Wat do? Delete Cubic Ninja save data and try to install ninjhax again?