IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

ANOTHER METROID 2 REMAKE HAS A COUNTDOWN FOR RELEASE. 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING.

metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/the-last-stretch.html

20 DAYS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Hos7HouJ4DQ?t=20m48s
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=9339228
mformental.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html
g.e-hentai.org/g/717048/402b38895d/
exhentai.org/g/510325/dbeecf667a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be sure hype it up publicly and give them a good few weeks to get their C&D paperwork in order. Have they not seen how this always goes?

You release your shit unto the high seas and disappear becoming a legend.

Huh. Whats that. a Thing well I'll go alert the mayor of Holla Forums then

I wish Nintendo wasnt dead and made a Metroid like Dead Space

Seriously, this was like the GOAT of fan remakes.

They'll fuck it up somehow.

So uh, you're not gonna post more like that webm?

I hope they plan on that, really about the only option anymore.

this fan projects always fuck up in the last stretch and get C&D to hell and back.

i can't understand why they never learn

Pretty certain they announce shit like this because they want to get shut down at this point.

Its no like Metroid is dead since Super or anything, am i right

The project has been widely public since 2008. Nintendo will know about, with all the articles and media that has been released over the years. It's not going to get C&D in the next 3 weeks. Don't worry. Even if it does, you think some Argentine mongrel is going to care after 10 years of work. This is not some shitty Unity "look at me too!" project.

are the severs kill again?

into the trash.jpg

Garbage site.

Yes it will, after release. You're entirely incorrect.

no, you're wrong
Metroid Prime was great and so were the Gameboy advance games to a lesser extent.

youtu.be/Hos7HouJ4DQ?t=20m48s

I have been checking this project for updates every single month for years.

I can not even put into words how hyped I am to have the first 2D Metroid game in a decade, let alone one that is going to be at least as good as Zero Mission.

Who cares? There'll still be torrents and filesharing sites to distribute it and it's not like they can un-make the game. That's what happened to Streets of Rage Remake and it's still perfectly easy to find online.

Is Samus butt a bomb? Is it getting bigger a sign she's going to Allahu Ackbar?

Finally fuckingly.

nice

it was a good time to be a baby

lol

Holy shit this looks fucking beautiful, how come fans make better Metroid games than Nintendo (Federation Farce)?

I miss that feeling. It is a combination of being young and games that weren't mass produced shit.

The last time I really had that feeling was Resident Evil 4. Ten years ago.

Since then, only Terraria and Dragon's Dogma have managed to get close, but not quite.

Le sigh. I miss being a kid. And a hobby that isn't creatively bankrupt.

Try again.

Its alright kid, lots of other delusional nintendrones here

Your bait is stale, faggot.

Because fans know what they want in a metroid game and arent focused entirely on money

A non linear adventure platformer that doesn't constantly tell the player where to go, sadly, is too much effort for the [current year] audience of gaming and won't sell, which is why we haven't seen a 2D Metroid since Fusion, and that game pushed you in the direction it wanted you to go harder than an overbearing Jewish mother.

Even if Nintendo was willing to take the risk of developing another 2D Metroid, without Gunpei around anymore to keep Sakamoto on a leach, any internally developed Metroid game is going to be tainted by Sakamoto's mission to turn Samus into his personal waifu.

On top of that, Sakamoto is ass blasted that Retro did Metroid better than anything he could come up with on his own, and even if Retro got the green light to do another Metroid game, most of the people that had anything to do with the Prime series left.

It looks nice, but honestly some of those tiles do not fucking mix well with the Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission tiles and the sprites for some of the enemies have very flat shading. If they were going to make new tilesets they should have just ripped color palettes from the other games and shifted the hues around in photoshop.

the next time they do a traditional Metroid, it'll be in pig disgusting 2.5D akin to Other M's sidescroller segments

and it'll have a ton of stupid stealth segments, handholding, little content (because of new development regulations at Nintendo), and useless amiibo shit.

I haven't been paying attention to Nintendo lately. What are these about?

It will sell, it just won't make the greedy jews a hundred million of dollars, so no big company really does anything like it. Look at the Stardew Valley developer, that guy still pocketed a million dollars after the steam cut and taxes.

bait\troll\sage\dwonvote, whatever you bitches are all the same

since when? look, i don't like what Sakamoto did with Other M, but i don't relent to perpetuating bullshit out of my damn asshole while i'm pissed of at him.
Mark Pacini+ex-MP3 devs =/= the rest of Retro

they already said there development team increase over the years and can handle 1 major game and 1-2 minor titles at the same time.
also the fact since 2014-2015, they were looking for people who wants to work at a certain position at Retro. stuff like graphic engineering and shit.

right here

from the recent shareholders meeting

Nintendo really is dead.
How's those pirated consoles going, mateys?

he's either a Halo fanboy from 2006 calling other things "a poor Halo clone" or just another GameFAQS underage who never played Halo at all.

pic related is as close to Halo you can get, even thought it's not even "a Halo clone".

Why haven't they fixed this?

Welp.

It was nice while it lasted.

go back to Zelda, fag.

Your opinions are objectively shit.

Not impressed by some of these environments.

On the fan side of things, with remakes and fan games like this:

Meanwhile, at Nintendo with FF:

And all of this still has yet to take into account how poorly Nintendo is doing as of late, in terms of giving their customers what they want and making non-terrible business decisions. Add in that shit, and it hits a point where someone could pretty much make a shitty Unity game in 5 minutes, and it'd still have more care put into it than any new Metroid games scheduled for release.

A lot of these areas do look quite a bit different in the current build, also doesn't help the video you posted is from 2009

That hit my sweet spot.

I only want to confirm the futa cock for science

Ironically, I think Miyamoto was one of those who designed under the "Content is king" motto.

Hard to tell from just that if he's part of the problem or just can't actually make games like they used to due to shareholders and stuff having Nintendo by the balls. I don't keep up with this stuff much though

you can research on this instead

because nintendo all but abandoned the old ways for some reason. i think miyamoto was replaced with a clone

This is probably as close an image I can get to how I feel right now.
>She never even cums

More likely he simply got old, stockholders took over and he only hears from inside the corporate circlejerk like Microsoft.

It's going to really bug me playing a game with 2D sprites without being able to play it on a tube TV. Oh well, it's more accessible this way I guess. Not everyone has a snes flashcard.

That's the sad part of this.

thats also scary

I haven't kept track in ages, this won't play on a GBA emulator right? I had hopes of taking it on the go but I'm probably too hopeful.

You can't be serious right? If not you're a tremendous retard.

course not

Gee I wonder? I haven't looked at AM2R in years, the hell would the average Holla Forums goer even remember from a passing glance and momentary hype?

S'cool though oh well.

Thanks for the straight answer, m8

The average Holla Forums user also knows what the fuck a GBA game looks and sounds like, but I guess being 15 doesn't help your cause.

The art style is based off the GBA games. Those were never designed with a CRT in mind.

So you want a slightly better Other M? Dead Space is garbage.

what kind of weakdick gba did you own? i bet you only had the first edition

Sure looks pretty though.

tbh, Other M was a poor man's Ninja Gaiden Black if anything.

the fact you can't use a melee weapon in this game make it's really fucking awful

also turbo casual autododges, i hated that shit in KI:U.

As for sounds you really must have had a shitty GBA when you were younger. They can produce some sick music.

I tried Zero Mission on GBA emulator today and it only runs at 20fps, pretty much unplayable.

What kind of fucking shitty toaster do you have? I got a 13 year PC that runs games like those just perfectly stable.

Just what kind of toaster do you have?

What kind of hamster powered jalopy are you trying to run it on? GBA is one of the best emulated systems in existence.

I could run it in my 2010 Android phone nigger, what the fuck?

maybe try a different emulator?

There's the door. Leave.

We really need some hypnofag to share something to make leddit not want to bleed over here.

Turn off throttling.

Mmmmm delishus cringe.

Is there an iso for the virtual console version of Metroid Zero Mission so I could try that on Dolphin. GBA emulator version just runs like shit for me, I dunno.

WHY
THEY JUST HAVE 20 DAYS LEFT

ARE THEY ASKING TO GET SHUT DOWN?

WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE SO STUPID

You're just a fucking retard. If GBA emulation doesnt work why would work via Dolphin

I'll pass.

well they come here to get away from reddit, so you could always just stay here and maybe hell go back before you do

No, they're cancer.

It's being done by a single person in bumfuck Argentina, he'd probably just release it anyway.

*Raises paw*
uuuuh what is wrong with le?

youre no fun, look at the discomfort such a simple thing is causing. its glorious, it brings out everyones inner tumblr for all to see

let me guess, she grows a cock right after that doesn't she? if so, i want to find the rest, source pls

I see that flag, but still
YOU GODDAMNED PIECE OF SHIT

*clicks bushido blade*
what you say, you fucking fool?

*unzips dick*

*Unsheathes purple and green fursuit*
*Teleports on top of you*

Even if you're being ironic it's still autistic

have you actually played either of those games or are you just repeating things you've heard from others

Just play it on a CRT dude.

I really, honestly hate to bring this up, but GO.
Please don't derail the thread with this, I've been looking forward to AM2R for years.

if you're saying grindy mobile app shit will benefit the Metroid franchise other than flopping like X-over, just leave the thread.

So is Metroid-2 worth playing, or should I wait for this remake/re-imagining. It looks dated.

The DX version is barely playable. The original is not playable because they reused entire areas of the game multiple times. Without DX's color variety it's very easy to get hopelessly lost in the repeated tilesets

i'm still playing it

so far, the game doesn't hold up as the other Metroids outside the level design

I'm saying Nintendo did make one decision with which they gave their customers what they wanted.
It brought out the fucking worst out of Nintendo fans we might have memed nintendrones too hard.
Daily reminder to meme responsibly.

This in itself has nothing to do with Metroid directly.

my bad then

I guess I'll try the DX version, which I'm guessing is a rom hack? Probably will ultimately wait for this to be released.

Better rev up those C&Ds, nintendo goes full kike with shit like this.

The Zero Suit was a mistake.

play the game even if you don't finish it, then play the fan remake demo they already have released

it will make you see how much of a improvement it is.

Why

I thought it was pretty good, but if your first thought was "it looks dated" then it might not be for you. I didn't really think the colors were very good in DX, you're better off playing the normal monochrome version.

what the fuck is this and where can i find more

swfchan

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=9339228

I hope to God you aren't actually aroused by that

the webm was nice, but the rest of his gallery…

WHY

What is it? I kind of expected scat in the WEBM posted but only got hyper and a bit of prolapse

he has games dedicated to the futashit he does too (which he stopped on for now):
mformental.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html
g.e-hentai.org/g/717048/402b38895d/
exhentai.org/g/510325/dbeecf667a/

Ungodly shit taste.

You are an idiot.

it's funny, all the shit he does yet doesn't do scat/efro.

that part with the bulging belly and prolapsing anus look like she was going to shit

I want to have sex with samus.

I dont want any of this weird futa inflation shit though.

Everything but another Metroid Prime. What idiots.

Just throw money at the makers of Metroid Prime, specify use of Wiimote and nunchuck again, the same. 240i So they have some room for performance. Clean that up in scaling and post processing. Use 480i for HUD. No movies. Start with double jump, morph ball. Add abilities by planet/area type to suit them.

Use new3DS and WiiU Controller for multiplayer. Wiimote and nunchuck controller the leader of an expedition or the main target, seeing as their position could be seen and they have the best controls by far.

Multiple new3DSs for more multiplayer. Use as much of the hardware on the new3DSs as possible even just post processing.

Make a new3DS game, workable on the 3DS, if popular. World specifically made for the hardware.

WiiU: 240i, 480i HUD&Menus(in HUD, start game in HUD), 60fps

New3DS: 120i, " "2Dto3D conversion, not double render (Same for stream from WiiU, use onboard hardware for 2Dto3D conversion), don't compromise 60fps, no deadzone, slow movement after imput is ceased, camera should always be in motion. Use filters to add detail, such as grain, rain, gradients, VLCs 30luma HQ denoising filter looking effect (a trail down from prominant pixels). Keep textures minimal and geometry simple but solid, no sprites unless entirely imperceivable. Specify areas to animate by type and animate in post. Game world stagnant but animated in post. Simplify and stylise arm gun and projectiles. Simple dots that are made interesting in post. Reserve dynamic lighting for confined areas, such as in between tunnels. Use it to great effect. 1bit shadows where present, generally none apart from built into world/static. No specular. Make closest part of geometry brighter and darker to the sides, done in post. Enemies update in position at 60fps, 20fps animations motion blur to 60fps, motion blur trail part of hit area, hit detection determined in post. NPCs use 10fps.

Use distance fog like morrowind for some sections, unfamiliar feeling and platforming in last moment. Navigate by lights in fog (dots made something in post, layer of to tone to suit fog after for 3D elements. Use random gen for terrain and change terrain at 1fps. Keep paths to lights possible but not simple, double jumping to light only when will make it to the light, or in haste if forced by speed then jumps into the unknown working out.

No voices either version. Readout text at 240i, (480i on WiiU) no change to stop, text at side of screen to 3/4s multiple speakers from different sides and in opposing colours. NPCs or information on walls starting when close. Scans on evvironment heavily stylised and depicting some 3D explanation of them. Multiple explanations shown simultaneously, afterward in review shown sequentially.

Ship called in open areas, an upgrade to move with a trail or line that can retract Samus fast to the ship and transport back. Anywhere save not related, ship used to change location when bored or stuck. Trail functionality disabled later, encourage exploration and own sense of direction.

Controls simple. Weapons simple but many different attacks possible. Button combinations on 3DS, Gestures on WiiU. Same gestures used on 3DS to do same things eg throw forward always grappling hook. Shake to recharge heath when totally depleted, returning to full bar, not easy to do, have to shake hard, also break when frozen, to warm up etc, not a common part of play. 3DS carry distance affecting movement speed, weapon power and jump height. Go for a jog every day to play better. Even some bed bound people requiring some travel to play better, reason for travel. Shaking system should charge it and count towards fitness slightly, use it like a weight to punch, like a dumbell etc, fast, better the system was heavier. 2KG< of performance and battery in a weatherproof pocket sized package. Charged by movement. Movement charge a huge incentive for parents, kids made more active because of it. No GPS though because fuck perverts. System with built in compass and trail recording, so kids or people can follow it back if lost. Shake charge ensuring they never will. Built in clips to secure system to belt, legs, arms etc, system made to be carried. Advertised through use.

Disregard timeline, maybe some games without double jump and morph ball. Make do with what have, new equipment. Though double jump is a lot of fun. A game like Jumping Flash with several stages in high jump could make for interesting platforming. Stand still for high jump. Amount of forward hiw much of jump to go in that direction. Or first jump fairly high and second an auxilly, more for distance, but can be used height.

Climbing could make good gameplay.

For portable system could require suit training, so need some climbing wearing it, jumping, swinging. People unable to do so facilitate them doing it in activities.

Do things faster and get more progression in areas. Environment less time to raise defences or blocks to pathways etc. More speed than stealth but familiarity with terrain and hostiles adding stealth to speed.

Doing things fast with no errors unlocking secret areas too unrelated to progression or giving unneeded powerups and side quests.

May gave progression based on how fast you can navigate landscape. So play slow, look around and enjoy environment before going on by racing from the start. Sounds of elements not present in the environment seen could be points to race to. Calls for help etc. such sounds could be seen vissually through readout. Some environmental sounds "mistaken for" (translated) into communication. But readout only useful and meaningful. More complex the further in. Telling stories for ancient stuff and explanations sounding more like stories, information instructional without that direct perhaps. Environment expecting someone like you. Should be playing on it's side, wrong information not shown, shown to be a useful adaptation or parasitic intrusion to attack. Play not to be a parasite yourself. May need to exchange abilities in aquirin them, and them unknown, so try to get by without taking abilities. Getting by with NO aquired abilities or upgrades the true playthrough that makes subsequent games starting with nothing part of history.

Zero Suit is a blessing
Ridley is a husbando

ZSF is such a qtie

take this to another thread, not here.

kill yourself fam

Could speed it up, lower audio pitch to compensate for the faster pace.

Could use a mod for that:
Retain speed of background music, increase play speed. Eliminate any input lag if present.

If too complex, record/extract audio, play it by section, detecting change in area. In game actions played by their button combinations. Enemies silent because space, or tracked and given sounds, could be better, sounds based on their interaction with terrain, position and distance to Samus, even located offscreen.

Input lag should never be present in games. Even in 3D. Motion blur to hide lack of framerate but weapon and aim always at maximum ease. Timing for 2D platforming is better without lag too. Character should exist in seperate space to screen. World can update in chase cam. Player can take time to look around as camera catches up. Memorise trail and ready for the next area. Stamina could deplete with moemet requiring breif recharge.

Moving off screen could also hide enemy detection. Having memorised the terrain navigating it without seeing it incurring less damage lost or required for progression involving backtracking. Areas that are expected to have the same platforms to time could build tension as they Are navigated fast with each jump or sprint awaiting peril. Some actions requiring very fast reactions when peril ensues. That could be enjoyable instead of stressful and a part of gameplay later.

The braver you are the better the experience. Stupidity distinguished from bravery. Rely on yourself, trust the environment to be, don't expect it to be insignificant or purposeless.

Jesus christ

Audio as a post process effect. Detecting elements, interaction, colours and tone of screen.

Playing after actions. Using spare performance between frames.

Are you from MDB?

lol

Games can be made entirely without audio. Using a program running in the background, OpenAudio, to form ambience to what goes on, much like Rez. Great for random gen sorlds and infinate complexity.

Musicians can aid that or form worlds based on music.

Worlds and gameplay built from music.
Even characters.

This actually pissed me off some how

Congrats

tell me a story about him

Fitter, happier, more productive. Comfortable. Not drinking too much.

There is none, he just pops up and unloads a semi-coherent wall of text. I used to ignore it but I feel like there may be wisdom in there somewhere.

Should be a battle to compliment things. Maybe complicate them, though that by their choices. Compliments not nescessarily changing them. Can be brought about by their actions.

Things get what they need, only when they need it. Maybe when other things are prepared for them. Though nothing should e done in advance, waste of performance and seperation from the complexity of one scene.

I didn't know Dobson posted here

Things should do as their character, in their doing part of progression and so not left behind or requiring direction of others.

Audio continuing to be present as becoming action, retained in it's direction and essence, it as fuel requires it to be borne again in payment. Action working in relay. Giving up a tune of it's own perhaps that can continue without death.

tell me about it

Tell me more

No it wasn't.
It attracted all the waifufags and autists.
Most people only fucking know Samus from Smash nowadays.

I have just received a phonecall from Konami HQ, straight from Hideo Kojima himself. You, Mr ae1030, have won a free pre-order copy of Metal Gear Solid 4. How do you feel?

you called?

etc

I feel like I got a dvd. I'm kind of indifferent to this.
All kidding aside, it seems like the only thing missing from the demo is the part leading up to the queen. Meh, even if it gets the shit can, I can deal with it.

You are interesting

It's a shame since I enjoyed that game. Since 8-4 shit all over Xenoblade X, I never got a Wii U. I don't know who lost there.

You're right on the first two, but you're pretty fucking wrong regarding DK. Not only has he been featured in a ton of Mario shit, the expansion pack expand dong meme made pretty damn sure every normalfag knows DK64 is a thing.

Brawl did that

meanwhile Zero Suit was just an end game prize and a shitty stealth segment, further showing how useless it is outside the suit.

wrong

Smash ruined Earthbound for everyone else.

I wish more people realized this difference. Companies don't just pass on stuff for being absolutely unprofitable, that would be reasonable. They pass on stuff for simply not being profitable enough, as explicitly explains. And that's an understated part of the problem, back in the better days of gaming, profit expectations weren't as proportionally high. Game developers always wanted to make money, but they didn't used to need every game to make as much money to be considered successful, and that gave them more freedom.

Pleb taste tbh fam

Are you the autist that comissioned that shit?

this shit's the shit, shit man

*Unwraps foreskin*

really funny this was the only thing SEGA unfairly took down

meanwhile they're okay with anyone doing a billion romhacks of Sonic/Genesis games, Sonic fangames, and picking up fan devs to help on a certain Sonic title (i.e. Taxman handling the Sonic 2/CD ports)

I think it's because it was distributed as a standalone game using original assets instead of a patch or standalone with new assets. In some countries you're required by law to C&D projects like that to retain your IP. Even then, they delayed long enough for the final version to spread before sending the notice, which is nice.

go back to cuckchan faggot if you don't want to have fun

lol git gud

i can't believe a country passed a law that stupid.

user, i thought you knew better.

Fuck, my only weakness

i will sit here and wait for the inevitable C&D

It's probably C&D bait in the first place

Fuck off wanker

C&D for a finished game? You know those mean jack shit and even if the blog is taken down he can release the game anywhere else right

Like the SOR remake that was complete and then C&D by sega so all copies of the remake are from wares and contain a fuckton of viruses?

Yeah, one of those

more like memetroid

All it takes is for the author to create another blog or host it at a trustworthy freeware site.

KYS

Man, i miss the times when i could do that

What the fuck are you doing?
Fuck off

No, I looked for my husbandos on e621 like any well-adjusted person would

man

came back and this thread was fill with furshit and kirby's lisa simpson

At least Smash has an original character in Captain Falcon.

How many years now? Fuggg

What blatantly dated games would you like to see remakes of anyway?

pic unrelated.

What a bunch of purist autists

wonder how many who are opposed to the idea were or are against metroid prime

Already in fed farce.

Nigger, I owned Metroid 2 as one of my first ever games and beat that shit when I was just a kid.

I play it today and I get get 101% completion and under 2 hours.

If you know where to look, there is one extra energy tank expansion in the game

you can't even hold that many, so it's a one time use full HP recovery

You couldn't handle her.

she was modified with magic bird people DNA before puberty

this is why she jumps fucking high, is so strong and fast

her body temperature is most likely higher than a humans

the mole on her face is a pinfeather she keeps plucking and has scarred

feather pubes

top kek

not any better than fags wanting Star Fox to copy S&P than just simply doing SF64 x Assault but with good on foot segments (which Miyamoto can't even do at all).

and? it's still worse than any fucking 2D Metroid that was release beforehand and way after.

i rather go play Fusion

I sure as hell would allow her to handle me

That's the spirit!

and then the buttsex happens

Quit making threads I care nothing about.

you cared to reply here w/out a sage at least

have a (You)

At least I got trips.

remind me to check

you did it champ

I think he means these