Games better than Better Than Nothing made with less money

Pics related

I think technically Dragon's Crown was made with more money since only the initial 800k or whatever that they asked for actually went into Better Than Nothing and all the rest just went straight into their pockets while DC used a budget of a million. DC definitely is way more than 200k better than Mighty Blunder though.

Forgot pic 2.

Forgot to say: Sauce on this?

MN9 was a tremendous success and it spectacularly achieved a goal it set out for - to make millions of dollars out of thin air.

It's just a theory I've heard for why the game looks like a shitty budget game even with such a huge budget.

This nasterpiece

350k.

What was the cost of the average SNES or Genesis game?

Somewhere between 3 to 5 mil.

I fucking love Shovel Knight.

The Desolate Hope cost 300 dollars

Cost absolutely nothing to make.

will this game work fine on W7?
Also what are some must have mods/fan patches.

I think the real crux of the shit coaster in MN9 development was the stretch goals of the console and portable ports. Because of this little issue they had to use an outdated engine and hack-patch it themselves - breaking shit everywhere, especially in the Pii U version.

If those stretch goals were just the typical '2 more levels' or 'time attack challenge' and whatnot, it would've probably ended up in a better position.

I think that regardless of that, it was going to be a disappointment anyway, and I'm glad that I didn't fall for their koolaid by backing their kickstarter.

What the what is this?

What was the budget for Lisa anyways?

$7000 but the dude got 16k

shit that the dude who made 5 nights at freddie's did before he made 5 nights.

it's fucking crazy

If Dragon's Crown cost that little I imagine Muramasa Rebirth was around the same amount

Dragon's Crown was Vanillaware's highest budget title at the time of its release, so yes.

Risk of Rain is the fucking Gold Standard of Kickstarter usage.

That's a genuine rarity. Overall, the kickstarter model is fucking awful for video games.

Not that it's worth digging through a pile of shit to find (arguably) a diamond. I'll stick to backing tabletop games, if anything.

How much was the budget for La Mulana?

That's what you get from our boys at /agdg/. I hope more of them make it.

Play Megabyte Punch too

It looks like it controls fluidly. Is that an AggyDaggy game too?

I believe so

It works for me. Dunno about mods, i just use ENB

Well that depends.

Do you include marketing? Licensing fees to Nintendo/Sega? Costs of making the cartridges?

Also with modern game budgets half goes to trying to sell the game in the first place. Making a game is actually the cheap part.

costed time, living expenses and the jewish concept of "potential money"

I was talking more about how much it cost to develop the games.

Still though, all it toke for the game was time. the only production cost for the game would technically be a computer and the electricity to run it. And after 4 years of work it got released for free. How can a man be so generous?

Pic related would count too then.

It works. However it has some problems with the FOG in W7 vanilla so it destroys the atmosphere in two places.
In fact, it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to play in one place, that is the icy mountain so you cna't see a shit, you have to find a mod to turn fogs off and destroy all atmosphere just to be able to see where you are going.

Also, you need it for a secret Rune which you need to aim with your bow and arrow.

It's a fucking great game that I still replay it from time to time and I have a physical copy, I had to support the devs back in the days since they were my country men here in Spain.

HL1 and 2 mods like Sven coop, fistful of frags.

Oh yeah, any fan creation is bound to qualify.