Has anybody here played MUDs or are currently playing them...

Has anybody here played MUDs or are currently playing them? I spent my teenage years playing MUDs and met my first girlfriend on one so I have an emotional connection to MUDs. There's a sea of dead MUDs out there and many that weren't outright clones had a lot of work put into them and once had a community that had fun playing them. Watching the decline of MUDs has always bothered me.

MUDs still exist my man. They're called books.

I was playing hellmoo yesterday.

Other than that I don't bother with MUDs anymore.

The closest thing we have in the mainstream to MUDs is MMOs, which started off as just graphical front-ends for MUDs. (And declined from there to being worse than MUDs.)

MUDs always looked fun. They kind of remind me of a mix of roguelikes and text adventures with multiplayer, but I never knew quite how to get into them. Are there any good, living MUDs still running with any sort of playerbase? Having a Holla Forums MUD community would be be pretty fucking cool. We could carve out our own little country somewhere.

HellMOO has overlap with Holla Forums

Space Station 13 and derivates are probably the closest it gets.

I used to play HellMOO/InfernoMOO, but InfernoMOO is dead and HellMOO is lacking some changes I really appreciate about inferno.

These threads are a waste of time. The only MUD Holla Forums has ever heard of is hellmoo.

I tried some other MUDs, but gave up when one of them gave me lip for not typing out "kill rat"

Also tried some of the shadowrun ones, but I couldn't find anything to do.

A Holla Forums corp would get griffed out.

Holla Forums should just make its own mud.

with lolis. and rape.

Or whatever the fuck you guys like. squid girls and shit.

>Video games are shit, %player

*user

adventure books have nothing to do with MUD's user, please leave this thread before you embarrass yourself even more.

Is pretending to be retarded on the internet really that much fun?

Lol

Whatever nerd.

No, seeing people annoyed/defensive by it is though.

I read a book, pic related. It was fucking gay and I assume anyone who encourages people to read books is some kind of undercover sexual deviant.

At least you downvoted me with that hot sage!

To be young again.

/yell STOP MAKING ME CRY YOU ASSHOLE!

TEACHER user'S MAKING FUN OF MEEEE