Remember back when Bobby was Holla Forums's boogeyman?

Remember back when Bobby was Holla Forums's boogeyman?

I miss those days.

literary who?

summer detected.

Truly, he was our greatest secret ally.

He literally did nothing wrong.

Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision-Blizzard.

A decade ago, he was Holla Forums's Lucifer. In hindsight, he's just a corporate overlord who makes safe and generally pretty intelligent decisions to please his shareholders.

He said Schafer couldn't manage worth a damn and was always late and over budget. He called Molyneux out as a charlatan. Holla Forums scoffed at the time.

True, but not because he was wrong but because it was him saying it

I honestly wonder what Bobby even does now.

corporate has its cancer too, but at least they correct themselves when the sales drop off

he was a good judge of character though, I will give him that

This was at a time when Holla Forums blamed everything on corporations instead of individual developers. He said it like a year before Schafer made that shitty game with Jack Black in it.

What all CEOs do, I imagine. His job is probably fairly easy compared to when he worked at Coca-Cola. Things have probably never been better from his perspective- CoD and Blizzard may finally be dying off, but Hearthstone is more than making up the slack. It's got massive penetration in China and Korea.

For all the things I've said about him, he really did nothing wrong. Corporations shitting out mediocrity is far from the worst thing happening to the industry today.
That being said, fuck Overwatch

Man, back when Kotick abs a Jack Thompson were the only enemies of vidya. It was like being in a Saturday morning cartoon.

Now we live in the gritty reboot where they killed the comic relief character in the fifth episode and everything's a Pyrrhic victory or defeat.

I meant WoW but Blizzard's pretty much a husk at this point. Hearthstone is really the only thing keeping them in the cultural zeitgeist these days.

He's still with activision.

He was notorious because of that one interview where he said something along the lines of "i never played vidya until college, and I didn't like it"
He was essentially the personification of big business interests behind video games, during an emerging age of on disc/day 1 DLC, online passes, jewing, shit ports and thievery. Kotick more or less represented all of those on Holla Forums.

I'd take corporate greed over left-wing virtue signalling any day, though. Oh, how times have changed.

He was bullied so hard he went into hiding.

okay move along lads nothin to see here

Trips for truth actually. The worst part is we fucked with his love life. Because he was depicted as the devil via photoshop and all that due to his comments, he had a hard time finding dates and all that shit. Pretty funny actually.

Forgot my image.

Remember back when EA was Holla Forums's boogeyman?

Who could have guessed things would get even worse.

Blame the hipsters and journos for pushing that narrative.

To be fair, EA is still really fucking bad. They're not just greedy, they're incompetent.

On top of that, they invited the leftist parasites into the industry. EA is at least partially responsible for everything wrong with modern gaming.

as cod games got more popular cancer would dwindle in games i would play. it would be just like old times, i can handle it

Don't worry user, that means the next logical step is for the goofy soft-reboot ala silver age batman

Just like a movie, where the journos where the person who had you back turns out to be the villain all along.

Im not going to blame anyone for doing the world a favour, least of all hipsters.

Well hey, thanks to all the things that happened in the span of 2 years, Bobby finally caught a break.

Damn… I can't even remember the last time I properly complained about EA.

Nothing? I'd say how Battlefront being handled compared to the originals was something to mention.

Oh right, but that was like two years ago.

Well, they put out Dead Space and Dragon Age Origins on GOG. That's got to count in their favor, right?

It came out 6 months ago I think.

Did they do that? Thats interesting. Shame Mirrors Edge didnt get that treatment.

Just goes to show you that even they take to backstage, meaning that both villains are something to worry about, be they in the limelight, or not.

… Holy shit I've gone senile. Either that or I've been mixing up my dreams with reality again, because I swear they announced EAfront II.

i used to complain about them all the time in rts threads, but nobody wants to believe the damage they did to the genre for some reason

He was the Lordgenome to the SJW Anti-Spirals.

Average parasite. Didn't pay some devs for MW2.

Stay away from publishers.