With the arrival of the new mini-nes, I just realized something

With the arrival of the new mini-nes, I just realized something.
Nintendo would make a fuckton of money if they released a device akin to the gameboy micro for like 20-40 USD with cartridges that cost maybe 5-10 USD. Considering the gameboy micro was released >10 years ago the prices discussed are pretty realistic.

Also cartridges could have more than one game, perhaps a collection of games.

Why not make a portable console with carts that have games from nes, snes, gba, gb and gbc? Maybe even arcade.

I'd really like a mini DS. I want to play Infinite Space without having to use my old blocky DS.

It's an interesting idea to have a console that can play a variety of systems' games natively on one type of cart, but it'll never happen when you can make more profit off of just shoving that stuff onto the eShop a few times.

That'd be cool too.
It'd be even cooler if they started producing new games for the portable using the old limitations of the hardware to promote the system.
It'd be hella cheap too.

Perhaps the new system could use old carts too.

Fuck console tbh. They should re-release their N64 and Gamecube games for PC and Android for 10 bucks each.

It's called a DS lite, any smaller and I couldn't hold it.

Not small enough, still fairly bulky for what it is.

pc gamers are pathetic

I said years ago that since nintendo is letting the gameboy fall out of the world they should open up a homebrew and indy platform and jump on the downloadable app market before it blows up on phones. They could just put an internet adapter in the cartridge slot with an SD card slot on it and let indy devs homebrew on the cheap.

Never go into business, m8.

I'd buy the fuck out of those bad boys.
Bad news for you, though. Wanna hear something unsettling, OP? I've heard your idea before.
A man proposed the exact same thing some years ago. A certain man you may know well. He's an author, a gamer, a lover.

Moviebob is a real fucking fagioli 2beeh

I have a feeling it's already possible to fit the entire GB and GBA library onto a single 16 GB card.

Even if it's bait the amount of disgust I read this in made me laugh.

The entire library of both consoles combined would come to about 13 GB.

I've actually been wondering how difficult it would be for them to make the next Nintendo handheld that doubles as a cell phone, and how well something like that would sell.
On one hand there's mobileshit but on the other hand I could totally see nintoddlers getting mega-autist levels of anally annihilated if they skimped on the gameplay.
Or they could just lap it up like the good shit eating dogs they are and shit just gets worse

Problem is, imagine trying to market 'The new cell phone from Nintendo!'

A lot more people seem to want to play Nintendo games than buy Nintendo hardware. And even Nintendo quarter-assing it is raising the bar for phone games.

If they do make a cellphone, I hope they put physical buttons on it.

It's easy to assume so, since Nintendo typically make great buttons and dpads. However, I'm more worried about the layout. If they're going to make a phone compatible with Nintendo games, that would mean it has to be compatible with DS/3DS games as well.