No Z-Levels

Is this game any good if you've played DF already?

No.

Shit analogy. Has it's moments with proper mods.

Why? It's clearly a homage to DF.

(checked)
Terraria is inspired by Minecraft but they hardly play the same. And if anything you're loading the question in a way that puts DF against RW.

Say War for the Overworld is clearly a homage to Dungeon Keeper works.

Didn't the jew making this say he'd drop the price from being $30 after it went EA?

No. Rimworld is one of the many attempts (and one of the few that are actually going somewhere) to make a DF with a proper UI.
If you already know how to play DF, and you can actually enjoy that piece of shit, then you don't need to play Rimworld.
Rimworld is lacking a lot of depth, not only Z-levels. Many of the features need more attention, and it is also suffering from the same problem many "now withgraphics!" games are suffering from. In DF, when you read the description of a dwarf who was fucked up by a monster and it tells you the many horrific ways you dwarf was mutilated, you begin to imagine the ripped off skin, the shredded fat, and the muscles hanging losely from the open wounds. Your imagination paints a picture so horrible you forget it almost instantly. In Rimworld you see a red blob on the screen, gloss over the list of injuries, and shrug it off.
Honestly, if you want Df with a UI, this is it, but don't expect it to be as deep as DF.

I agree.
This does play quite similar to DF though, retard.

I am.

No, as much as I enjoyed the time I spent playing the game.

The game itself practically relied on mods to make it playable, which is an automatic no-seller in most aspects, and with the release of Alpha 14 the make of many of the must-have mods has decided to retire those mods (without replacement).
So, the game itself has lost most of its playability.

Can someone explain what the problem is with DF's UI?
Every post that mentions it just glosses over it with a nebulous "the whole thing is shit".

Other than going against the basic UI design principles of uniformity and having information and interactivity on the same screen? Just because it works if you know what you are doing doesn't mean the UI isn't abysmal. It's in fact ntentionally shit, because Toadkin is an autist too obsessed on realizing the goal of making a generator for shitty generic fantasy worlds instead of a working game. I appreacite his commitment and like the game, but I'm not going to pretend it's all a clusterfuck.

Did you run your post through google translate or are you just retarded? It's always the dumbest posters that shit on dorf fort too.

Are you just pretending to have invested too much of your fragile ego into feeling superior about figuring out a clumsy user interface?

Not newbie friendly != abysmal. Its simple if you know what you doing. Its terrible if you are retarded.

I don't get why people say things like "If I liked DF will i like this?"

No game that is like DF will ever be better than DF, Just play it more. It will never get old.

No, not being easy to use makes an user interface immediatly abysmal. Just because a car moves from place A to B doesn't make it a good car. And even if figuring the UI out doesn't fix the fact that it lacks basic shit like having all the dwarf labors shown and chosen in the same screen.

If you cant figure out the UI you are retarded. It is all pretty much spelled out for you.

No need to signal your nerd cred that you figured out DF's UI. Doesn't make it not horrible, though.

And you are retarded.

I'm glad you have atleast one thing you can feel superior about in life, even if it's just defending a shitty interface, acknowledged to be shit by its creator, on an anonymous cartoon imageboard.

I find it quite efficient. I can do everything extremely fast.

You still here?

Like seeing at glance at the dwarf list screen which of the 40 "Masons" are in fact full time Masons and not all around workers or part time "Masons" for the last big construction because their area of expertise in non-essential? Do tell.

Custom nicknames you double nigger.

RimWorld is fun

It's not Dwarf Fortress, it's not trying a 1:1 clone. It's got it's own twists and specializes into different systems (love the surgery/slaver stuff).

I'm pretty sure I paid less for it a year+ ago but $30 isn't terrible if you're a total poorfag.

Extra work to tag every one of the 100+ dwarfs for infromation the game could easily give me and mods already give at bare minimum doesn't remove the problem. Not to mention custom nicknames can also be used for giving out other information not apparent on the dwarf screen. Would you solution to this be coming up with a short codes for every variable I want to be quickly shown? And if something changes, it of course shouldn't be a problem to change the code every time that happens.

And this wouldn't fix the fact that I would still need to leave the dwarf list screen to change the labours of the dwarves. Individually for every dwarf. I guess that would be fixed with enough custom nicknames, huh?

Not an argument.

it actually is

Who said it was an argument?
The rapist instantly makes problems like that a non issue. It's just common sense.
And it's a third party utility, not a mod. This isn't an Elder Scrolls thread.

I'm arguing DF's UI is shit and your solution is to use an outside program to make it not shit. I really don't get your obsession to defend a game you like even if you clearly already acknowledge the problem.

If saying "do this to fix the problem" makes me obsessed, where are my shillbucks?

If something needs fixing, how can it be not broken? I just don't follow this train of thought. It's like accepting that DF isn't perfect somehow immediatly makes you inferior to those cool kids that "get" the UI, as it that was hard.

Why are you even here? Just to let us all know how impatient you are?

I never said anything wasn't broken. You're barking up the wrong tree.
You're assuming I think dorf fort is perfect.

More nerdcred signalling. When Toady moves into implementing a proper UI during the next century, I hope you'll feel silly.

Why the fuck would I need to signal on an anonymous image board? This is coming from the steadfast contrarian too. You probably spent more time bitching about the game on here than you have actually playing it.

I have no idea, but you are doing it still.

Does it hurt to be this retarded?

Rimworld is DF without depth, but with an infinitely better UI (which happens to be utter dogshit in DF) and which actualy has graphics. If you're like me in that you aren't willing to spend twenty hours learning the fucking UI of a game, but still like the concept of DF, this might be the game for you – the UI is intuitive so that you needn't go on a fucking wiki, nor remember thirty keyboard shortcuts.

Sadly, the game also lacks a lot of content when compared to DF, and has some late game issues (such as completely mining out the entire map, which is easier than it might sound). Hopefully that'll be fixed by the time the game is finished.

tl;dr it's DF simplified for non-autists

This is what happens when you grow up with Call of Duty.

you saying it cant be better? why shouldnt it be better?

I fucking learned how to play dwarf fortress back in 10th grade with just the quickstart guide. People like you really overexaggerate how hard the game really is, it's like the dark souls of city builders

wasn't a new update released today, that incorporates a bunch of mods and new things?

TWO HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS FOR AN EARLY ACCESS INDIE SURVIVAL GAME WITH CRAFTING

its called the pirate king pack because you should only ever play an illicit copy of that edition

heh

With all the raiding, xenos, ex-commissars and ancient terminator robots, i like to believe it is set in the warhammer 40k universe, with you guys wanting to colonize a shithole planet far away from all institutions.

hey dont do that

If you can't learn to play DF don't comment about it like you have played it.

It's pretty shit but it can be a bit of fun with mods.
Don't pay for it, devs are lazy jews.

The thing i haven't found a fix for is how people will always try to hunt at max range even if they take hours to hit anything like that and the animal isn't even dangerous.
This means you have always have micromanage hunters to make good use of them.

Even the creator said was shit what have become of this site?

I was surprised to find that the faggot had actually come back from his 6 month vacation lel and hasn't abandoned it completely at that point.

Might give it another go in a few weeks once all the mods are updated to the new version and see how much has not changed.

DF is still superior in every way except need for time investment

Lazy fucking NEETs need to earn their keep somehow.

If you're going to be a worthless human being, you're practically volunteering to be a sex toy.

Horny guys like you are the easiest to lure and delete

Haven't played DF in 2 years or so, so no guarantees for correctness
Among the things the other user mentioned, there's also things like hotkeys not being uniform. For example in some menus you scroll with the arrow keys, and in others you scroll with +/-.
And if I remember right, the military screen was one of the most obtuse and fiddly things of them all.

sage for offtopic and double post

I had a pretty good time with the game but if you're used to the depth of dorf fort it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Yeah, the only thing it has is its theme or atmosphere, as incoherent as it might be.
It's in a more futuristic vein and some of the mods go further in that direction.
In terms of gameplay, DF has much more to offer

DF UI is shit. And I like DF. But it's UI is shit.
Poorly organized, requireing navigating many menus with changing shortcuts.
It's a clusterfuck.

$200 Rimjob

There was a 40K mod at one time. I have files and graphics for some 40K stuff.
But getting proper SM's to work required more work.

Toady doesn't keep his ui design consistent over the years so a number of menus can't even be navigated with the same buttons and some of the shit isn't really intuitive, especially since there's a lot of bugs in dwarf fortress that no one has noticed since Toady doesn't tell people how exactly the game is supposed to work.

Rimworld has a super-comfy soundtrack

Toady has never said his UI was good.
He knows its a problem, same goes to be said for the ASCI purists, Toady has also stated ASCI is for simplicity not for looks.

Rimworld is pretty fun I enjoy it and this is someone who has spent probably more then 1000 hours playing DF and 500 generating maps for it.