You have the chance to make one game of your choosing mainstream...

You have the chance to make one game of your choosing mainstream, along with all of the benefits (and negatives) that comes along with fame.

Which game do you choose?

Dwarf Fortress

Spent some minutes thinking about it, but I can't do it, I don't wish this cursed fate even to my enemies.

It doesn't have to be negative. Think about it more.
If a game becomes popular, more of that game will be made. Depending on the difficulty that game is, the overall skill of gamers everywhere would probably increase, probably resulting in less casual games being churned out.

Rapelay.

As if. Souls series got popular, and all that resulted in is an overall drop of difficulty in the sequels. Mainstream equals casualization 99% of the time.

This user got the right idea.

I don't want faggots enjoying my favorite games. I'd like to reword OP so that I could make one game of my choosing playable by ONLY ME, FOREVER.

Yeah, I didn't think of that. Damn, I was really hoping someone wouldn't ruin my day like that.

Why are casuals so cancerous?

Pressure.

i-is that going to happen to EDF now? How could it possibly get more casualized?

Dragon's Dogma. In a weird twist of fate, people start playing it everywhere. It surges past The Witcher and Dark Souls in popularity and rivals TES. Capcom is confused as their servers buckle under pressure from hundreds of thousands of players suddenly jumping on to play it. Feeling the pressure, they start gathering the notes from the incomplete version of the game and make a sequel.

Just kidding. It's Capcom, they still wouldn't make a sequel.

When did EDF become mainstream?

What are the benefits of a game going mainstream to the player, exactly?

It's getting a PC release. Look what happened when Souls hit. Memes, streamers, etc.

if they did they would botch it or give it to the wrong guys even though there are still talented members locked up in their offices

Souls already had memes and streamers before PC.

Insect Armageddon got a PC release. Also a bunch of Niche Japanese games have been getting PC releases lately, without recieving anywhere near Dark Souls levels of popularity.

Not gonna lie, after seeing D.Va gameplay I became much more interested in playing the game.

So I decided to read the wiki…

So, to sum it up, the background of Widowmaker is pretty noice, with a pretty gritty story. Except SHE COLD SO HER SKIN BLOO HURR GURR NO EMOTION ONLI KILL

I'm mad.

Excuse me while I kill myself real quick

i think you missed your thread

A game about my life. Im really interesting actually.

I don't know. Something that I hate and want to destroy for some reason.

Custom Robo.

Series is already dead. I'd resurrect it and have a few more fun games before it becomes the COD of robot games.

Kirby!
Cash can't really harm it much

LISA :^)

check

What the fuck is up with that image, is it real?

Postal, I guess.

Armored Core

Kirby MOTHERFUCKING Air Ride.
Not kirby as a series, Air Ride specifically.
I want kirby air ride 2, and you can't casualize a kirby game more than it already is.