Why does Holla Forums blame every single bad thing Bethesda did on Todd Howard?

Why does Holla Forums blame every single bad thing Bethesda did on Todd Howard?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/OquIT
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:ToddTest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because he is a short man and evolution has showed us that manlets cant evolve

They don't.
They just point out his sweet little lies.

Because he's in charge of everything, ultimately. So he's an easy figurehead, and he has the most control out of anybody at Bethesda.

I know this is a meme/bait thread or whatever, but I'm replying just in case you were serious.

It's false, though. He's only a project director at Bethesda Game Studio. He makes his creative decisions based on Zenimax's and Bethesda's directions.

Because people are tired of the Godd Howard meme.

Okay one: Get the "Holla Forums is one person" meme out of your head.

Two: Vid related

It's really probably not all his fault entirely but because he makes all the big decisions now in their core games and he's the face of TES and Fallout now he's the target of the ire of old TES and Fallout fans.

He somehow clawed his way up the ladder, and with each increase in power the games got worse for the sake of mass appeal.

Probably a coincidence, maybe not.

Keep in mind even he said that Oblivion "gave up what made Morrowind so special" and then proceeded to purposefully do fucking nothing to make Skyrim a better game. In fact it got worse and they dumbed it down even MORE for mass appeal alienating Daggerfall/Morrowind fans even more. During all this he still pissed off the series oldest fans by saying shit like "Skyrim had captured what made Morrowind special," ontop of countless other lies. Oh, and he suddenly stopped the old mantra that even he use to champion that TES would always be a singleplayer experience and let the abortion that is The Elders Scrolls Online come out and shove a huge dick through the lore that even he helped write. He has no respect for the legacy of his own creation.

He spouts absolutely stupid PR trash because he's a slave to his investors who want Bethesda to make as much money as possible and he has no fucking balls to stand up to them.

There is a good reason so many of these videos/memes exist.

Pete Hines disagrees. archive.is/OquIT

Woah there friend, I appreciate your defense of that good fellow Todd, but let's not get hasty saying Bethesda did anything bad.

Personally, I'm greatly enjoying Fallout 4 so I can't be mad at the people who made it. I also recommed the game to everyone in this thread, it's one of the most impressive RPGs out there.

Do we need a reason? It's fun and Todd only brings it upon himself

image 1

2 webm

He has been a project director since Future Shock from 1995.

He was the director for a few of their shitty side projects, he didn't get to take the leading seat on TES until Oblivion

Future Shock was quite advanced and ambitious. It paved the way for Daggerfall. I wouldn't say that it was a small time game.

Morrowind actually.

I don't think people blame Todd Howard for anything but lying or over-exaggerating his games. To me, he seems like a nice guy who can never achieve the standards that he sets.

He was the Project Lead in Morrowind yes but he still didn't have as much power as he had for Oblivion/Skyrim.

As an Executive Producer you have a hell of a lot more sway than as a 'Project Lead', the dude practically dictated everything in Oblivion. The simple creation of that position shows the shift from a small team of developers making games together, to cooperate structure.

Where have I heard this before?

That's because he's the poster boy of the company. Most people associate Bethesda with Todd. It's just natural.

The funniest thing about this image is those ideas are all fucking terrible and wouldn't be fun or well-implemented in a game like Skyrim.

Todd Howard cops the blame just because he's in the public eye. From everything I've seen he seems like he enjoys his job and tries to deliver quality products, it's just that Holla Forums disagrees on the definition of a quality product.
The reason Daggerfall and Morrowind are so highly acclaimed is because they were made by a bunch of twenty-somethings in a very small studio, and you could do that back in those days.
Their success forces them to make games that sell, like Fallout 4 and Skyrim. Even looking at Oblivion you can see the beginnings of their transition to a corporate oriented AAA studio - the writing is still intact largely, but the whole thing has been repainted as generic western fantasy to make it more palatable.
Todd and Bethesda are hated because they're not a tiny studio making games for the love of it on a few hundred grand budget anymore.

You win the medal of "Not reading the thread", congratulations!

His responsibilities are to make sure both the investors and the fans are happy enough with the direction of the games Bethesda produces.

If any other person was in his role, if they are competent at their job and want to keep it, they would make similar decisions.

If you want to point fingers, blame Zenimax as a whole.

That has nothing to do with what I wrote and only further cements your own idiocy.

Hello?

You're not actually making an argument, though, you're just making noise in the hope that I shut up.
Do you have anything to add or are you just upset that I don't agree with you?

Ignoring my posts does not invalidate them.

So far all you've said is "nuh uh, ur dumb"

Ignoring my posts still does not invalidate them.

Oops, I broke the autist.

Pretty desperate of you, Todd

…? Did you get delusional? I mean you posted that degenerate faggot so you're obviously already challenged.

Betheasda don't deliver quality videogames anymore, it's so easy to pull them apart but for whatever reason the masses eat that shit up. Holla Forums has it's fair share of blithering idiots but we also have a ton of people who know what a good videogame is and Bethesada/Zenimax turned TES from a great if somewhat niche and clunky game, to one of the most generic and boring Western RPGs seemingly overnight.

Bethesda constantly dumb down their games for no discernible reason other than to appeal to a wider audience and because it's easier to simply remove a problem, than fix it. There games went from clunky, but deep, ambitious and very enjoyable to mass AAA shit in a single generation of videogames.

Todd is the face of this change whether it's fair or not, and there is no evidence of him standing up for his own creations despite him admitting many times that the games aren't 'special' anymore. He also does a ton of talks where he discusses good game design, yet none of these principles show up in his own work. The dude doesn't practice what he preaches and will say whatever PR guys tell him to.

Yes the image is clearly taken way over the top but that's what it's trying to get across is very true, their games are as big as an ocean and deep as a puddle now and Todd is the face of Bethesda in that image, destroying any depth the games could have.

A clear example of this is removing entire classes of magic from The Elders Scrolls for no really good reason. They constantly remove functionality and simplify their designs rather than make their games deeper and more interesting.

They've done this since Daggerfall, though at the time a lot was forgiven because they made a jump to a fully 3D engine with Morrowind and we all kind of assumed Oblivion would step it up and we'll get the almost 'fantasy life simulator' that Daggerfall was. Except we didn't, we got an even simpler game, but without the benefit of an interesting setting, it was absolutely nothing remarkable and only sold as well as it did because it came out the same years as the xbox360/PS3 and was one of the few 'good' games on the systems for quite some time.

Skyrims success was fueled by the nostalgia first time TES players had for Oblivion which made an unstoppable hype train. What did we get this time? An even more dumbed down and simplified game that somehow managed to be even more unremarkable than Oblivion.

Get fucked, Todd.

Ignoring my posts does not invalidate them.

/thread
Bethesda has changed. I'm glad I waited to buy Fallout 4 and didn't do it in the end.

They're not good video games when you compare them to the pinnacle of the media, but they have excellent mass appeal.
No one is blaming Spielberg for the decline of modern cinema because he produced Jurassic World.
It's not the end of the world because good franchises change and are dumbed down, it's just the way shit goes.
If it's too complex, people in general just don't want to know, and it's not even due to stupidity or closed-mindedness, it's just that the time investment required to really get into a good videogame isn't something most people are willing to spend.

best post in this thread

I'll always be mad about what The Elders Scrolls COULD have been and never will be. No it's not the end of the industry or the artform, it just fucking sucks seeing so many things you loved get turned to shit for no good reason.

Nobody is blaming Spielberg because he's a filthy jew in a world where saying anything bad about a jew instantly turns you into a pariah that will never ever get you a job ever again.

Because you're a faggot, Todd.

I used to feel the same way, but honestly, I would have much rathered TES be a series of novels than video games anyway.
The best part of the series is the worldcrafting, which the clunky gameplay never has and probably never could live up to.
All of the games are more about using your imagination to supplement what's happening on screen, than actually playing a video game.

It's the natural evolution of the 'tell me lies' meme.
It's just funny to think that there is just some guy in Bethesda who is actively working to make their games terrible and tricking customers into buying them by any means possible for the shear love of exploitation.

Do people even play that game? I remember before it came out that everyone was excited for it. But eventually everyone I know stopped talking about it.

it has shitload of people playing but game kinda sucks for streaming on twitch

Apart from the fact that at least Todd's actually made more than a handful of games.

They are jealous of Todd's good looks and maxed out Charisma stat.

The real enemy is that retard boss of his, Pete Hines. he makes Todd exaggerate shit because Hines is the (((marketing executive))) at Bethesda. Todd wants to make a game like TES 2 and 3 but Hines wants the game to appeal to "key demographics".

He also regularly posts things like pic related on his Twitter.

I am completely unsurprised that marketing fucks everything up. However

Do you have a source for this?

Not enough ugly for a super mutant.

At least Skyrim and Oblivion made you feel awesome everytime you push a button.

Well, no individual organism can evolve, per se.

No one actually blames Todd Howard for everything. He just happens to be an easy target because he's tiny and a fraud.

Because it's fun

Of course morrowind is better, it has better graphics, but morrowind is shit too.

skyrim>>>>>>>>>>>oblivion>>>>>morrowind>daggerfall>arena

glad to see someone else who actually has taste

Skyrim is the pinnacle of TES obviously

At the end of the day, Todd is their advertiser, their ideas guy, not an actual dev involved in decsisons made during the development time, at least not anything more than superficial additions or shit the suits told him to inject into the game, Todd is just any easy guy for us to shit on and for the normalfags to praise, just like Reggie is for Nintendo and Phil Spencer is for Xbox

Because this a dead board with nothing but memeposters and weeabos retards

He clearly used to be more involved in the process.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:ToddTest

Where and when did this patriot john cena gimmick even start? When he started filming The Marine?

The fuck did you try to say?

didn't Daggerfall have more depth than Morrowind though?
Didn't they start to dumb shit down and remove skills and weapons and armor with Morrowind?

If you have no patience for dialogue, then don't play RPG's you fuck. It's not a hard thing to figure out.

Does it matter? Daggerfall has sprites instead of models, so it is obviously inferior.

Generally yes, but it depends on your definition. Morrowind's world has far more depth than any of the games, both in the ways you traverse it (following directions that refer to hand placed landmarks rather than fast traveling). But there are less skills, the core gameplay mechanics are less well implemented (not to say that Daggerfall's were actually well implemented either), and obviously it is quite a bit smaller.

Because of the lies. Refer to the video in
I know things get cut, but he makes claims that he knows aren't going to come true, ever. Most of the complaints are centered around ES and FO. Yeah Bethesda has pushed out other shit that nobody cares about, but those are the two biggest IP's, and who's in charge of their direction? Why is this shit not immediately obvious?

how about a fuck
for luck

I have to ask.
Was Todd always a lying fuck?

Yes. Someone post the "Xbox is the best machine to play Morrowind on" image.

i gotta see this