Who Framed Roger Rabbit...

I really hope someone can prove me wrong on this and tell me about any other games based on similar cartoon premises. Bonus points for that one kind of puerile "I didn't get that when I was younger" type of humour.

Other urls found in this thread:

sierragamers.com/aspx/m/660110
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

crank the weasal was almost a thing OP
from what i understand it was an open-world cartoon that you had to steal from other toons and there were a handful of personalities each of them had, which would have them react to what you did

any way i feel your fucking pain i love cartoons but sadly no cartoon vidya exists, or rather not a lot that takes advantage of the silliness

Didn't Holla Forums bring this game back from the dead for a bit? I never played it.

Not Holla Forums or Holla Forums but a couple of code monkeys from some obscure (not anonymous) board. It's called Toontown Rewritten.

Toonstruck is one. it's point and click and has some pretty fucked up sequences in it.

tfw there was a version of this trailer with MGMT's Kids playing

it was used to try and promote awareness for a sequel

the video vanished

I got that off of TPB and it's some convoluted way to install it or use DOS box or something for emulation. I still haven't played it due to not being a big fan of point and click games

I see your dead game and raise you this prototype.

NEVER EVER

How did he even recover those files? I thought they were stuck on Disney's PCs?

I do know there's a video explaining how he got it somewhere. But he also made a download of it fully available as well.

I never played the game but I remember seeing the cover as a kid several times at game stores

It freaked me the fuck out

What about that sheep-dog game on ps1?

What was the gameplay of Toontown even like? I remember always wanting to play it but never getting the chance to.

The Roger Rabbit game wasn't a 2D platformer.

Think final fantasy-esque turn based combat with tes-esque leveling. Each of the different "weaponc types had different effects.

"Weapon"*

It's hyperbole.

I think it's being wrong, m8.

Looking back it's pretty shallow

If they expanded on the combat it could have been really good, and honestly, it was a solid 6/10.

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

Hello, reddit. Is it your first time here? I see you've found your new favorite word. Next time when trying to le shitpost, I reccomend putting "sage" in the email field and uploading a picture from the movie American Psycho, that's how we big boys shitpost around here.

The combat had reasonable depth.

But unless you had a premade boss group who ran at dead hours, the higher level gameplay was generally just 4/8 people at best trying to salvage the near sabotage from the inevitable swarm of retarded lvl 1 cold callers/short changers/bottom feeders/flunkies that fill the elevators

And that's assuming there's no ubers in your team.

A U T I S M
U S
T  I
I  T
S              U
M S I T U A

There's also the incredible toon machine. It's basically TIM but with cartoon physics and logic :

sierragamers.com/aspx/m/660110