What are some cool video game attacks that you can think of?

What are some cool video game attacks that you can think of?

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Bloodskal_Blade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The hadouken is pretty out there, if you think about it.

Bending is pretty cool, but I'm looking for creative examples

Hip-thrust-piston-push. Like those robots from Moonwalker.

Nobitsura Kage from Shadow Warrior was pretty tits. Every swing is an insta-kill on lesser demons.

Platformer where the player character carries a giant bouncy ball around as a multi-purpose tool. The player can bounce off of the ball to gain jump height, throw or hit the ball towards enemies, "log roll" on top of the ball for a speed boost or to travel across the surfaces of bodies of water, fill the ball with helium to float through the air, and launch the ball out of cannons or otherwise use it in mechanisms, off the top of my head. I think Glover had something comparable now that I think about it, but I don't think it was very extensive.

Shouldn't the farthest reaches of Air and Earthbending be swapped?

ECKS—-

Like in Zelda?

What?

A salt-powered attack that gains strength as you taunt and ridicule your foes.

the Mac-Attack

LIKE IN ZELDA?

May from guilty gear using an anchor as a weapon, and summoning dolphins, whale, orca, and beach balls for attacks.

Stinger is still unsurpassed.

*Stinger into million stab

Try to beat this. You can't.

Pic related. Grappling hooks are usually great in any game, but so few of them let you attack with them.

Also maybe for a gory fighting game finishing move, using one of those sword whip things with multiple blades to coil around an enemy, then pulling it back all at once, cutting them to ribbons. Stupid but fun.

KARIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yeah i can

Terraria has some cool ones, made even better by the huge variance of weapons

Really?

And then they ruined it with a meme-tastic Meowmere.

They could have re-skinned it later as something more sci-fi/eldritch themed.
Terraria is fantastic and I'd recommend it to anyone

What the hell is String magic?
Why is Push magic the highest category of Earth magic?
What is Tension magic?
What does it mean by Absorption?
Why is Poison an emergent property of Snow?
Why is Friction related to anything else in its category?
Why is Pressure related to water specifically?
Why is Gas separate from Air, why is Dioxide separate from Oxygen, and what does Fracture have to do with any of it?
Wouldn't Gravity better relate to Earth? Gravity affects Air to a greater degree than Air affects Gravity.
Why is Snow separate from Ice?

What is this?

This whole thing makes no fucking sense. Let me pick one thing to bitch about.

If you're retarded enough to try to fit that in with elemental shit it would make slightly more sense to be associated with Earth since it's a phenomenon where mass bends space.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Bloodskal_Blade

I liked Frogs mountain splitter when he first got the masamune. The build up of power was suitably epic.

The urumi is a duel weapon tho. Indian warriors never managed to propperly implement it on the battlefield without harming their own troops.

I've always wondered how viable magical artillery would be. Just think about it - a crew of mages is set in the forward camp of a siege, and pools its energy into a colossal ball of pure energy. Once it's reached critical mass, the mages stand perpendicular to the target on either side of the magical projectile, and cast their arms over their heads much like the arm of a trebuchet. It would look similar to the cannon on a Wraith tank from Halo, except bigger and performed by mages instead of machinery. In defense their would be other groups of mages whose job is to either blast those projectiles clean out of the sky, or to sustain a magical shield over whatever they're protecting.

What's wrong with Skyrim? It's a masterpiece of the RPG genre; only a studio such as Bethesda could produce such a marvel of technology.

I wonder what magic would be best if you were sieging a fortification. Would attacking be worth it compared to slightly elevating the temperature or rainfall to spoil their food and water reserves?

Enemy mages could make new food and water, I'd wager. See "The Disaster at Ionith" book from TES, first introduced in Oblivion:

>The Emperor now found himself besieged in Ionith, cut off from the small garrison at Septimia which was also besieged. By this time, it seems that the efforts of the few remaining battlemages were devoted entirely to creating water to keep the army alive, a skill not normally emphasized at the War College.

If this was a common war-time tactic, chances are that there would be dedicated culinaromancers.

Necromancy.

If you were trying to raise your own men who had died at the enemy walls, what's to stop them from blasting you from above, or pouring boiling oil on you, or summoning atronachs/golems/whatever-the-fuck? Unless you're dragging all your dead back to camp, which would be a logistical nightmare, I don't see it really working. The magical potential is better spent on offensive magic and healing magic.

A gun that shoots black holes and enemies get sucked in like "shoomp".

smh tbh fam

you can do that in the shadow warrior remake

Shit like that is also in multiple LoZ games and KH.

I probably played more games like that but i may have forgotten.

Is it a whip? Is it a grappling hook? Is it a slashing weapon? Is it a piercing weapon? Is it an energy siphon?

It's all of the above!

Seriously, this weapon is Devil May Cry or MG: Rising tier. Shame it only appeared in a single sidescrolling platformer game.

After a battle? Sure, if you're strong enough to keep all of the undead bound to your control. During a battle? You're better blasting the fortifications, or healing your own men.

That exists in one of the Ratchet and Clank PS2 games.

fug

It was a pretty cool take on it, too. Shooting multiple black holes near eachother would cause them to slowly draw together and SHOOMP eachother, creating a yet-stronger singularity with increased range and able to kill larger enemies.

Saints' Row IV had a black hole gun too, which was pretty fun.

I've still got my PS2 and most of my game lying in my cupboard. Maybe I could hook it up to my second monitor, for old times sake.

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

My brother and I just played through the co-op mode of Deadlocked, actually. I think Up Your Arsenal was the holy grail of weapon selection, though.

they should be swapped.

no thanks. Even the attack is generic.

The frying pan in Conker. It's so satisfying to whup enemies with.

The whip in Skyward Sword was one of the cool things about that game. It's too bad it was only useful for picking off weak enemies because using the Wii remote with it was pretty slick.

Its called Devil Trigger

Go home, Mannimarco.

chim pls