How come there aren't that many games with hip hop/rap inspired soundtracks? I mean...

How come there aren't that many games with hip hop/rap inspired soundtracks? I mean, that's what everyone remembers from these games, AND it's one of the most streamed music genres (at least on Spotify).

It stood out because it's shit.

C'MON JACK I KNOW YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT

Because specializing a game to a specific audience has a habit of polarizing a potential customer base. Most of the time, you're just gonna get a wide variety of music like in GTA, Saint's Row, or the Tony Hawk games.

Alternatively, most people who make music for games just don't like rap or hip-hop, so they don't put any in.

I think it comes from emulating film. Most blockbuster film soundtracks will go for orchestral stuff. I don't see many movies using a soundtrack that is mostly hip hop. Games too, are using mostly orchestral scores for their soundtrack.

Catering your ost towards a specific audience can work in your favour though. Look at Hotline Miami. If it's soundtrack wasn't synth focused it wouldn't have the same impact.

Nigger noise is shit, that's why.

I honestly hate orchestral scores now. They all feel so generic now because they're so overused.

Now soundtracks like from Anarchy Reigns I could want more of, especially since it makes multiplayer matches fun.

Nobody actually like negro-"music". It's just a meme the Jews like to push.

Awesome soundtrack

I like orchestral stuff when it fits the setting or theme of the game. Bloodborne and Bayonetta come to mind, not only do they fit but they're not just sitting in the background, they jump out at you and help set the tone for the boss you're fighting or whatever else is happening.

The overuse is noted though. Inon Zur's Fallout soundtracks are a pretty good example. Orchestral tracks really have no business in a Fallout game, it just doesn't fit well.

I want more earrape and noisecore in my video games

This reminds me of a particular dream game I've got, a ghetto-fantasy game about orc pimps gathering and dealing out elf hos.
Ideally it'd have a Death Grips soundtrack, because I dig that industrial/grunge sound and think it would work well in a magic Detroit.

That would actually work out extremely well in the Shadowrun universe.

Yeah but that one sucked, and was mostly licensed tracks.

Fight For New York or fuck off

The only good orchestral is the Drakengard tier of orchestral. Strange Journey gets a honorable mention.

webm related

When I think of hip hop soundtracks, first thing I think of is Def Jam.
We really need another one of those.

c'mon nigger

First thing i think of is NFL Street 2, a pretty fun tecmo bowl(or rather NFL blitz) styled game, but with an ghetto coat of paint.