Think of a video game genre

Think of a video game genre
ANY video game genre
Got it in your head?
You Sure?
Spoilers for emphasis
Good!

Now it is your task to think of a new, creative spin of a game based on that genre.
An original mechanic that has yet to be used for said genre
Something that has not been done before but still fits what that genre is
You can keep it as simple as you like as long as its original.

I got nothing

Racing game
But you dont have to race.

uh… add RTS mechanics to the world map, and you have to conquer each level with your banner. Once you reach the goal you have to defend it from other NPC factions.

Frogger

Uh, make all the characters robots?
There wouldn't be any armor, weapons, potions or anything like that, instead every robot you destroy can be entirely dismantled and you can replace whatever parts it has into yourself. Damage has to be healed by repairing parts, if you ignore a damaged part for too long it gets destroyed and has to be replaced. EXP is data you recover from other robot's HDDs. Skills just software, after you recover enough random data you can rebuild some of the software some the robots had installed (basically just leveling-up).

probably superior hit zones and detection, a way to aim your punches if you will

*Skills are just software

I want a RPG that uses the multiple route style of a VN. Instead of being a sweeping, 300-hour long bullshit, it would be a 30-hour game combing random elements that cause slight variations in the game every time. In one variant, you might have Wilbert the Innkeeper. In another, Wilbert was murdered. His son Vilbert is in charge, and wants you to help investigate what happened to his dad. The game would be the ultimate in repeatability because it would be different every time you went through.

Days would persist until you slept in the inn, and the game would last for about twelve days in time. You could only do certain quests on certain days, and depending on the random results, different quests would come up on different ways.

Some events could only trigger after completing the game once, meaning that to get the "best" ending, you would have to play through the game two or three times through.

There would be a lot of romance options, and most quests would have around four to five resolutions. Your choice of romance would have different results tying into the ends. Also, to help bait people in, you couldn't pursue any of the romance quests in your first run. Those only come about later.

The game would have a mutliplayer aspect, and you could use powers and skills unlocked in single-player to use in the multiplayer game. It would be impossible to unlock every skill and ability without finishing about 80% of the possible options.

Once you obtained the "best" ending, which is the hardest one to get, you can see a list of quests which have already been completed within the game and choose to toggle them "off", making other quests you haven't completed spawn instead, so you don't have to rely on random choice infinitely but can instead start narrowing in your search. You could also choose to guarantee a certain quest in order to play it through specifically.

There would be only one save slot. If you fuck up or made a mistake, there would be no way to undo your mistake. So you have to keep going through.

each unit is actually controlled by individual players, who are spawned and given orders from the commander. Basically an extremely large-scale MOBA with commanders on each team.

CARLOS

When you move you lose points, points are gained by killing enemies.

stop posting that angry old man

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

survey

threads

are

cancer.

go

back

to

cuckchan

you

too

faglords

no

xD

i like it, we need more games where youre a robit. will there be squishies to blast as well? not necessarily humans, but like corrosive xenomorphs or not-zergs/nids

Every time you fall down a pit, you go deeper in "the underworld" (think Mario). Each level is shorter than the last, thus multiple fuck-ups end your game faster. Boss battles could be more like sumo matches than shooting and cutting. Maybe the bosses could try to get revenge if you push them down, and then fall later on. Higher levels are hard with the most enemies and jumping challenges.
This was a nice train of thought. We need more threads like this.

Monster Hunter.
You can tame and ride Kelbis(deer) and Bullfangos(boars)

The "squishy" enemies would be things like bears, feral dogs and packs of wolves. No humans, I was thinking it would sort of take place in a future where Earth got fucked up so people left for (colonized) Mars. All that's left are the robots whom they didn't bring with them.
I guess the story of the game could be that you're some kind of family robot who's owners intended to bring him with them, but by some mistake he was left behind. Now he's trying to find some way to get to Mars to reunite with his family or stay on Earth to find a new purpose in life, it doesn't just have to just have a single ending..

Instead of having minions gather resources, they are the resources.
Think of a sort of eldrich horror setting. At first you get a handful of basic minions, which can meld together to form more complex organisms. They split and multiply naturally on their own, but can form breeders which birth them at a faster rate. They could become hivebuilders and form a chitinous nest or sacrifice themselves as materials to build it faster. Form a Juggernaut or Zerg Rush?

The opposition could be robots that essentailly work the same way via Gattai.

For pinball?
I can't think of anything good.

All i can think of is how it's one of the few genres that never got whored out to casuals with freemium crap. All pinball games or apps just charge a fee to unlock a table, without any stupid shoehorned inventory, crate, or grindan crap that gets shoved into every game now to try and make the game a second-job.

So we should make exactly that, for pinball.
F2P Grindan P2W RPG Pinball

thats adorable

But by the time he's gotten there he'd be a mega deathbot from all the crazy shit he installed into himself, though.

"Soulsborne" (broadly, and for lack of a better term), that sub-genre of arpg
An actual fucking dialogue system
Actual roleplaying in your action roleplaying game
Maybe a mounting system like Dragon's Dogma has
I don't think any of these haves have had a crafting system (not an upgrade systemor trading)
Survival elements w/ difficult environments (like you must hunt for water in a desert while mummies try and stab you)
An rng loot system like Torchlight's
there's a lot you can do with this genre still

That doesn't mean his family wouldn't be happy he's back regardless.
Besides, he can just reinstall the same model components used to have when he gets there.

I have one too.
"your life"
suicide

Throw a survival gimmick, every unit needs food and shelter regularly, creation of new units is done through reproduction, every life is fragile, every life is valuable.

that's actually a concept I want to develop

Calm down, that's just zinger-user, dropping a zinger.
Try not to cry.

maybe you will have to find a way to convince the mars defense force that you come in peace instead of blasting through them for good end. perhaps destroying another threat to mars and being hailed an iron giant hero.

More games need to do mounted riding right. Shit like Mountain Blade is fun when you're up against infantry that isn't braced and holding long pikes.

Your main weapon is a motorcycle

I just remembered I saved this.

Is "Lego" a genre?
I want a Lego Crazy Taxi.
Like, remember all the wacked-out traffic in Lego Island during the pizza delivery and Ambulance missions? As well as all the other wacky things happpening in that game.
I want a crazy taxi game in a world like that where traffic encounters become crazier and more fantastical and hilarious as your run goes on.

Replace the maids with idols

Teach them how to dance, sing, rehearse songs with them,

and then fug em

Okay, this is a long shot, but how about a team-based multiplayer fighting game? Instead of a flat stage, you'd have big metroidvania- style arenas, and game-modes like capture the flag, king of the hill, ect. You'd still have combos/big rosters/mobility like a fighting game, but with a team-based twist. I dunno.

You don't get to reload guns or get extra ammo for them but when they run out of ammo you use them as glorified melee weapons or throwing weapons. Also throw in a style meter. This was most likely done in some other game, Superhot comes close though.

Make it so you can attack at the same time to break guards if you input commands fast.

make it so you can charge spells or physical attacks too, or choose to attack together with your partner so you wait before attacking.

FFX-2 did the proper pacing for ATB combat system. FFX-2 has the best ATB combat system of the entire FF series.

I'd play the fuck out of that user

Platforms where you play as the platforms

Demonsteele except with equal emphasis on gunplay, rather than gunplay taking a backseat. Like Shadow Warrior Classic except not complete shit. I got everything set in my head I just don't have the energy to make the fucking game.

Each faction should be a different abomination. Also, you be able to mess with to cause hallucinations and mess with geometry

i've got one for a beat em up game but im not telling you cause i don't wanna get jewed over