Do you guys ever have any video game related dreams?

Do you guys ever have any video game related dreams?

Last night I dreamed about a Pokemon Go clone where you walk around where you live and find real life cakes that have been left cooling outside and you have to eat them

I dreamed that i was i talking with Kratos once.

Back when I played SS13 13 hours a day I had dreams about it.

I dreamed i was playing quake but in real life, and i had a rocket launcher that called an air strike, and there was somthing to do with a zombie baby.

OP I'm genuinely curious about the mechanics of this game.

By walking around cake icons appear on your map, when you find one you go into gameplay mode which is similar to the "Ubisoft vision" if you know what I mean, and you have to sneak up to the cake and eat it without anybody catching you

Many years ago, when I was a kid playing Super Mario World, I dreamed about how to open the secret passage on the red dot stage on the bridge after the Vanilla Dome (forgot the name of stage). Don't know if it's the only way to do it, but the way I dreamed of, I had to go with Yoshi to the end of the stage, and just before the end of the stage gate, drop off the ledge and then jump off Yoshi to pass bellow the gate.
Before that dream I never thought you could finish that stage on Yoshi, even with the cape - but, in fact, if you run from the start of the stage and fly while mounted on Yoshi, the glide effect is enough to send you to the middle of the stage, and then you can glide from there to the end of the stage.

Like Hitman but about eating cake. I would buy that if you remove the shitty x ray view and add good mechanics.

Like in real life?

Who puts the cakes everywhere?

This makes me even more confused

Most of my vidya dreams are related to either Hitman: Blood Money or Dark Souls.

People that bake them, duh
It's actually a marketing ploy for the cake industry to sell more ingredients

I can't remember any vidya related dreams I've had but last night I dreamt I saw my mom topless
What does this mean?

Is she fuckable?

I wish this was real
also

I dreamt that Roll Casket and I were working on an airship, and then I had to go underground into a small obscure cavern to go look for parts.

Couple years back I had this STALKER/Pratchett Nomes crossover - it was all in one really big old house years after some kind of apocalypse and we had to fight rats and collect anything usefull to survive

And I remember after seeing The Two Towers in cinema I was dreaming about fighting in Helms Deep with guns from Quake 2 (played multiplayer a lot at that time)

I have these somewhat recurring dreams about games I've been playing exhaustively.

In the dreams I'm just playing the game, realizing I should be asleep. So I wake up to turn the system off, realizing I was asleep the whole time. Then I go back to sleep and dream about it again.

Some example games I remember were GTA 3 and pokemon snap.

Get ready for a crazy one

So back in the day me and a friend played Dark Souls a ridiculous amount. I mean, any day we weren't working we would spend it playing Dark Souls till 5 in the morning. Now neither of us knew anything about the DLC at that point but both of us had the "prepare to die" edition. One night I had this dream that I was playing but sort of in Dark Souls. I come to this area I had never seen before that was filled with what looked to be graves or statues, and they were put in a circular manner around a bonfire.. To the left was a tree and a mushroom coming out of it. I passed her up and didn't talk to her, but explored the area there were some arches, but nothing else really, so I continued on under an arch to a bridge that led to a landmass with some weird monsters with pitchforks just staring at me.

After that I woke up. A few days later after beating the game I researched a bit into other stuff we could do and found that we had never entered the DLC area. We beat the guardian and went in. My friend was talking about how neat it looked but I was dead silent over how surreal the whole thing was. I had already experienced this exact area in my dream without ever seeing it in real life.

it was neat but weird as crap at the same time. Never experienced anything like that again.

Back when Diablo 2 came out I had a dream that I met diablo but he was cool and had kind of a silly high pitched voice. I don't remember much but it was definitely weird

You must hone your spiritual skills, young monk user.

heh , fag i always dream about shit i haven't seen, but usually see later.

The only reoccuring vidya dreams I ever have are one where I get a new game and it's everything I want - turn based combat, bleeding edge graphics, extremely deep, tons of stats, large world, etc etc - and I'm having the time of my life playing it.

Then I wake up, and in my sleep-induced delirium, I go looking for it on my shelf and realize it was just a dream, then go back to realizing the RPG genre is shit.

Back when my friends and I played ARMA 2 (actual arma, not day z) I would sometimes have dreams about us actually operating in takistan and shit.

no

I had similar arma-related dreams.

I used to play in a public modded server with radios and detailed AI and missions and shit.

There was a Scottish dude that would yell over the radio if stuff went wrong Toady, the guy that makes weapon mods and I had a legit nightmare about it afterwards. Strange as it is, that's how immersive that fucking game was with the right people.

I had a dream where I was the Multimedia Director and Head of Localization at Nintendo Treehouse. We were handling the localization of the newest Fire Emblem game for the NX. Apparently the head of Intelligent Systems personally requested me as head of localization after listening to my English translation of the Fire Emblem theme, which was orchestrated in a song similar to 1940's Walt Disney films.

Reggie and Bill, as usual, wanted to overcensor the games for their sweet audit money. The localization company is my second party production company making Splatoon cartoons for some random reason. One of my interns had the bright idea of leaking both censored and uncensored versions of the trailer at the same time on different accounts. The uncensored leak got more views and likes than the censored leak.

Before DMCA takedowns I screencapped the trailers and showed it to a visiting Mr. Yamaguchi before Reggie found out. Mr. Yamaguchi cut us a deal that if the mostly uncensored version of the game ends up selling more than Fire Emblem Fates total then he'll increase the percentage of software sold AND give Treehouse a big bonus. Reason for the bonus is that not censoring game textures would speed up localization and therefore be cheaper than outsourcing to 8-4. I also had to convince Reggie it is better to have a wide variety of products for different markets than to have few products for everyone. And to everyone's surprise Reggie for the first time in years took the risk.

I wish the dream didn't end. It was retarded and unrealistic, but it was a good dream.

Never had any vidya specific dreams, but about half of my dreams involve me controlling myself or somebody else with a controller or keyboard but with a VR headset on or something since it never felt like I was sitting in front of a screen. The other half of my dreams are just me doing normal shit but in somebody else's home sometimes. Just last night, I dreamed that I had a bunch of useless shortcuts on my desktop so I sorted and deleted a bunch of them.

I dreamed mark got an asian girl friend but she was a massive bitch. Also she was taking advantage of him because his tism makes him easily exploitable.

Avoid asians mark

I had a dream about a fighting game with puns as weapons. You could either use witty attacks or just summon stands and beat the shit out of people.

It was called punful fist

I would play it.
Secret character is a dad in sandals, cargo shorts, and a polo shirt, just standing around holding a beer.

That's the final boss, man.

[spoiler] I had a bizarre dream where i was Carmelita Fox trying to catch Sly Cooper, and when i caught him, he removed his legs, revealing that he was using some weird pants this whole time and he had a really great ass.

He started to shake his ass and he rubbed it into my pants, i which i had a dick, meaning i was a dickgirl Carmelita.

Then he let me do such things like kissing his ass or sticking my penis in it.

Then he use some weird gadget which may have been created by Bentley and he now had a vagina and a pair of breasts, which led me to fuck him in other ways.[/spoiler]

oops

>>>/4chan/

So Gibs Me Dat: The Game?

Are you fat, OP? I can't imagine anyone even remotely fit dreaming about a game that makes you run around and eat cakes in real life.

Sounds rad though, I'd fund it.

No, I just really like making cakes and baking and eating cakes and other things

Well, back before Nick Bate ruined Final Fantasy 7 for me: I had a dream where Cloud and Sephiroth were engaged in a sword fight on top of a leaning stone pillar that was about as high as the Flatiron Building. It was pretty exciting.

Often, however, I dream about shit like Nigel Thornberry betting his life savings on a footrace between two guys carrying a couch and a dog with both hind legs removed (at Nigel's suggestion: the dog is given a Toyota Hatchback to drive as a means of giving it a fair chance at winning).

I once had a dream where I watched an episode of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy that involved the Eds developing a Doom clone.

I dreamed I was piloting a warp star ala Kirby's Air Ride while zooming through a massive alien ship to escape while it exploded around me.

It was fucking awesome.

>>>/ara/

Enjoy.

my greatest dream is a world with out Jews

Yeah I usually dream up some sort of genres crossover or re-iteration of an existing game.
Usually you fags give it mediocre to shit responses.

Similar shit, but to a lesser extent happened to me at school.
Where I live back in the day PC dominated over market at consoles were few and far between.
Needless to say that Diablo 1 and 2 were among the most popular games.
Less cool kids had local chinese NES and Genesis clones, but only heard about SNES or PS1 from rare magazines.
I was lucky enough to have Genesis clone, and NA version of Castlevania Bloodlines for it. The one with uncensored gore, but still redrawn Eric's face. I had other games like Mortal Kombat and Zero Tolerance, but Castlevania was by far my favourite.

So once I had a dream about Castlevania having Diablo 2 loot and exp system. Basically you play 2D gothic platformer, but can level up, pick up armor and weapons and shit.
Imagine how blown my mind was when a couple of years later I discovered that pic related exists.

Until now SOTN is by far my favourite game of all time with bloodlines and diablo 2 sharing the second place.

Why would Nick Bate ruin FF7 for you? I can understand Pokemon or Digimon being tainted because he talked about them all the time, however he only referenced Final Fantasy once or twice, he played the games but was more into Pokemon. If a bad person likes the same games you do you don't have to stop liking them you know.

I sometime as ream of living my life through the UI of a game that I'm playing at the time. Ex: I played Fire Emblem for a month and I had a dream during that month wherein I controlled myself via an isometric camera with turn-based stuff.

This one time I dreamt of playing monster hunter and smacking a tropics in the face with my hammer.
Worth of noting is that the bananas broke and dropped a shiny.

It's like how a dog hears a bell and starts salivating: I see the menu screen and I think about the plunger he used as a butt plug.

Recently i was beating 100% San andreas, since i ran out of history missions and conquered all the territories all i have left are the car/plane races.
Recently Ive felt that the game needed another way for me to mow people with the dual shotguns and the dual smg, so last night i dreamed that a bunch of people spawned around me like a glitch and kept shooting them until i woke up. it was a cool dream, i even dreamed the SA hud which made me chuckle when i realized what i just dreamt

For about a year starting in 2014 I was on a massive Tetris binge. I read up on rotation systems and was playing almost nothing else.
You start to see blocks everywhere. All my daydreaming was about Tetris.
You know when you are supposed to get up in the morning but you're in this half asleep state where your dreams mingle with reality and you can't tell them apart?
I couldn't get up just yet because I had a good game going.

I easily get lost in puzzle games. Lumines was cool and I've once spent two hours on the toilet because I had a record game and forgot time. But Tetris is even worse. A game doesn't ever last as long but it dominated my subconscious all day for months.

Same thing happened to me with Phantasy Star Online.

I dreamed about NuQuake the day before E3.

i used to chat alot in the LoL Holla Forums chatroom
i had a few dreams about it, its terrible waking up and realizing this is actually what you dreamed about

Have a webm.

That bird goes out of sync pretty quickly.

Well what do you want? It's a bird.

Yes I do have video game related dreams. I know I have them but most of the time I can't remember the details. Once I was playing The Ship with various different vidya and animu characters in my dream. I woke myself up with my laughter.

I had a couple of Silent Hill / Resident evil dreams.
(SH) I was in my highschool, but it was located in some mountainy vacation area and I saw some mumblers.
(SH) I had to go into this building, and as soon as I went in the doors locked behind me, the floor was all fleshy and shit, and all I knew was I had to check every apartment up to the top one in order to escape.
(SH) At this time I was playing as Alessa running around SH2-esque apartments, I know it was hard mode because enemies hit like trucks and I could feel it. I remember reloading to try another route and went into a point of no return basement.
(SH) This one was from a POV of someone like Vincent, where I went around as him investigating some people, blackmailing them and the usual dose of spiritual power fuckery around me.

(RE) At one point I was at a house party, and the zombies were blending in with the crowd, so I had to climb outside the window and do some acrobatic shit.
(RE + The suffering) Now this one started out with horrible angles, pixelated psx era graphics and running around a mansion, it then soon went into first person and I remember a long corridor with monsters flooded to about the ankles. Then it went back to Resi as Jill and I remember being chased to a dusty garage, where I hid under some covers while the thing that was chasing me went by.

I had some world of warcraft dreams, but nothing noteworthy happened in them. There was one where I played some Shining Force clone and killed some fox demon succubi.

I should start going to a therapist

I don't have vidya related dreams anymore, but more often then not I wake up belligerent and yelling racial slurs.

a'ight I'll copypaste part of my dream journal about this cawadoody dream I had.

Within the same dream, this also happened:

Also, from the same dream journal. It's still tangentially vidya

This is what posting on /cow/ does to you, anons.

Freud is doing stuff on the astral plane to make like his theories have merit.

When i'm completely taken by a game i usually have (bad) dreams about it. I've been stalked by a deviljho relentlessy for about a week once, it wasn't pleasant.

You should've eaten nothing but steak to have some appear in your dreams and lure it away.

Whenever i remember my dreams, and it's about vidya, it's just usually a mishmash of shit. Like one moment I'm shooting some enemy base up tacticooly, minutes later i'm somehow in a swordfight with a ninja, or driving a car at high speed and just generally include atleast 3-4 genres of games in my dreams.

The only vidya game related dream I can remember is the one where I fugged Emi from Katawa Shoujo.

I dont know why this concept tickles me but it does

i had a dream about dragon dogma that involved mercedes being a pawn and my char kissing her to recover her health

I found out how to beat the eyeballs in Super Mario 64 in a dream. It was fucking strange. It was just me moving a disembodied eyeball in a circle until it became dizzy and exploded.

I don't really have too many dreams about vidya per say, it just has little elements of vidya in them, or they play out like a game.
Here's an old one from my dream journal.

I downloaded Rust again and played it from 1am to 4am, until I got instantly killed by a guy with two crossbows, and lost a bunch of resources. I uninstalled it after finding out that the community hadn't changed one bit, went to bed, and fell asleep nearly instantly.

I dreamt that I was in the game, got up from where I died, and somehow still had everything on me. I ran back into my house, and then I woke up.

That reminds me of this dream I had, it looked like a cartoon animated by the same people who did Dexter's lab.

The setup involved a fish trying to get revenge on a chef for killing his father. They fight for a bit and things don't look so good for the fish, but he talks the chef into playing a game of chess. He beats the chef who promptly stabs him with a knife with fish's last words he says "But I won" with the chef replying "That's What your father said"

One year later I play VTMB and hear the entire Thing being told as a joke by a news anchor.

Most of my dreams are stress related nightmares about school/work/money/car etc that leave me exhausted in the morning ensuring ill have a bad day and repeating the cycle over and over.

Lmao wimp bitch nigga

I had this one pretty awesome dream.

It was back in January, and I found this lycra spandex Zero Suit. Being a huge fan of Metroid and a Zero Suit Samus main in Sm4sh, I always wanted my own Zero Suit. The night it arrived in the mail I was so happy that I tried it on immediately, and it fitted perfectly.

That night when I went to bed, the image of me trying the Zero Suit on for the first time and loving it stuck, as in my dream, I found myself in some ship. I looked around, and I saw I was wearing the Zero Suit. What's more was I had a woman's body and blonde hair. At that point I realized I was in a dream as Samus. But the lucid dream didn't end there. Once I became self aware, I just laid back in my chair, and stared out into the cosmos, humming the Metroid theme. After a few hours, I fell asleep in the chair and woke up for real.

does anybody have a screencap of when user dreamed with mgs5 and anal vore?

Don't know, because when i wake up and remember my dreams they are on "self destructing in 5 seconds" mode

you're a real faggot, you know that.

Sounds like a comfy dream any way.

No nigga, it's only gay if in your dream you're a woman and you're fucking other women. It's not gay to be a guy and in your dream you're an absolute slut getting fucked by 4 guys who spit roast you

Stop posting

Make me

I once had a dream where I was Doomguy and I violently raped an Imp. It wasn't one of the Imps from HDoom or anything, it was just a normal Imp from the base game.
I'm confused as to what my subconscious is trying to tell me.

Now that i think about it i had similar things happen, from psychedelic imagery to completely random reality defying things happening I think my subconscious either got shellshock from all the shit the conscious makes it watch and it's now completely insane or it's broken

I had a dream about Katawa Shoujo and it was a sexual dream about Rin even though I like best girl Lilly.

Maybe I subconsciously like her better or something?

Most of my dreams are video game related. Sometimes game hybrids sometimes completely original. My subconscious is apparently much more creative than I normally am, because most of my dreams have some sembalence of plot, I've even had dreams with original music.

Control is a pretty common theme. Sometimes I'll be playing a game, then I'll be part of the game, then I'll forget how to work the controls because I'm no longer using them. I also get lots of dreams where it's not so much me as a character I have limited control over, like I can only decide a general course of action and watch it play out.

How about bullet hell x Tetris? That is bullets were coming at me in clusters shaped like Tetris pieces and you not only had to dodge those, but also an explosion of bullets from cleared rows, and also the playing field getting smaller and smaller until the spell card timed out.

I had a dream that I was somehow in TFC (as myself, not as any class) on 2frot, in the middle of a clash between the two teams. Eventually a conc grenade blow up under me that blasted me into the water, where I floated briefly before seeing an ichthyosaur charge at me. Woke up right after that.

It was weird as fuck.

Years ago I had a dream that Gordon Freeman was terrorizing my town with a tank that shot burning tennis balls.

I teamed up with Mitsurugi and we sliced the tank apart with swords to stop him.

I don't really even care for Half Life or Soul Calibur, but holy shit was that one of the raddest dreams I've ever had.

It's up there with flying a bi-plane with Clint Eastwood, or the only lucid dream I've ever had where I skydived face first into a vagina.

The other night I dreamed about smoking weed with Geralt the witcher.

I've dreamt multiple times about playing tf2.
The only one I can remember though was me playing Spy on thunder mountain. Nothing special, just thunder mountain.

When comes Gehenna, Seer?

I recently had a dream where I was watching a steam of a conference at E3 or GDC or some shit that absolutely fell apart. Whatever developer or company it was, something else had come along that same day that had stolen all the interest and viewers from the conference, so the presenters and celebs that even bothered showing up half-hearted their scripts and joked to their live audience of three people and a tech crew for as long as they had material for. It was all super casual and mostly improvised because everyone had given up and the organizers had hopped on flights back home or something. About halfway through everyone involved is milling about on stage doing fuck-all and making angry phonecalls to their agents or employers while the broadcast is somehow still live. Some hired "pros" there for a retarded ESPORTS ESPORTS ESPORTS segment decide to actually play some videogames, monster hunter or something off in the corner. It was the best e3 that never happened

I had a weird fucking dream about going in the zone to be a stalker.
I was just roaming around the Kordon, shooting at dogs and trying to hide from military. Then I got torn to shreds by an anomaly and woke up.

Another one, after I played Dark Messiah I had a dream about storming a castle. The first enemy was a fat looking kid that couldn't be older than 16. I swung my sword at him, he parried and I realised that I am a 21s century weakling and this fat kid has been training with armour and weapons since his early childhood. He just stabbed me in the gut and I woke up.

I also had a dream after beating that godawful Terminator salvation game. I woke up, but I had a robot body that was broken and I couldn't move at all. Then I fell into a pool of water and couldn't get out, so I held my breath. Just when I was out of air I woke up for real and noticed that I was actually holding my breath for no reason.

Thinking about it, it's a bit weird that most of my dreams end with me dying.

no

Freud must be having a field day in his grave right now.

I have SS13 and Silent Hunter dreams fairly often. I'm usually fucking up in my dreams. Suppose that's all meant to keep me humble but it just wakes me up to do everything even better.

this kind of reminds me, is it normal to apparently gain experience with things out of nowhere? this is just one of many things but for instance these girls in highschool taught me how to sew and i was very shit at it but years later i decide to sew holes in some of my clothing myself and i do a good job at it

It's not that uncommon. Some learn from practice, others from visuals.
And you had neither?

You're just learning through general experience. You sucked at sewing in general back then, most likely because you tried to study the motions rather than the reasons behind them. As you grew up, you began to apply your life's experience and understanding of problem solving skills to fix your shit. It's like an RPG really, you put points in STR to hit things harder and DEX to hit faster even though your dedicated swords skill never actually increased.

I think so, it's still with you. Recall when I was still in school. Wake up fresh and sharper after your walnut stews it over for a while.

I dreamed that I got a rampage as wisp….

It's not actually vidya related, but I wanted to talk about the dream I just had for reference, since it had a strange, but internally consistent plot and a movie-like presentation.

The basic premise was that there were only 25 different people making up the entire world's population. The main character, who very clearly isn't me for a number of reasons including appearance, is something of an autistic type.

After following him for some general strangeness where everyone seems to know him better than he knows himself for some reason we eventually get to him taking some kind of psych eval. He is excited by the results and exclaims as he stands up and leaves. Immeadiately after we see the next person finish his eval stand up and start to exclaim in the same way and notice he looks exactly like him. Then the next and the next.

It's shortly after that the premise of 25 people is explained to our main, and we get some looks into the lives of some of the other types. We cut to a woman who is trying to get a job as a flight attendant, but is directed (with resistance on her part) to an air traffic controller job instead, where she finds herself in a line made up of exactly two identical people, women exactly like herself and the same man in a suit. The person at the desk (not seen) can be heard alternating between quick dismissals and acceptance while working through the line.

We then return to the autistic guy who is dealing with a new roommate exactly like his old roommate, and learning things about himself he's never heard of before. This is roughly where it ends.