I'm in the mood for an fps and thought about giving pic related a try. I think the setting's kinda neat

I'm in the mood for an fps and thought about giving pic related a try. I think the setting's kinda neat.
How is the gameplay though? And should I go for redux and the ranger mode?

Play the original version not redux. You can either play it as your typical fps or a first person version of Splinter Cell by playing with lights and sounds to sneak around. It's still a good game nonetheless.

If you're in the mood of FPS action, better get Crysis.

I don't know that Metro will be FPS-y enough for you, but you should play it regardless.

It's pretty good
don't play the redux version

Got bored and never finished it.

What makes the redux version bad?

They messed up some of the gameplay in the process, especially stealth and the bullet sponginess of some of the mutants

Gameplay isn't worth a damn but tries to appeal outside Russia, which fucks it too. Couldn't be otherwise, the reality would have it defenseless to scum.

Played Last Light on 360, original on PC.

You can tweak it, I had it looking impressive by the end fiddlin around with the FXAA injector, sweetFX and maybe enbseries.

You can change the lighting to global illumination in the .ini

It's to look around in, the most interesting parts being the places without guns.

The gunplay was shit. Too well thought out. Too easy, you had everything you needed. Second was even worse like that. You were never made to conserve ammo, or go all out using it. Actually you were made to do as expected. What fucks up most games. Game tried to take into account what you were going to do instead of makin interesting things to do. Confused too.

Can't really fake anything. May be a lesson for graphics, even if it looks matching but is fake it still feels fake, like seeing landscape you can't visit.

Might be right for an engine to have NO post processing, and just spitting out world as fast as it can.

I liked it but both tried to fill boxes. Do working things. Didn't do things their way. Appealed to people. Some of that was good though, some nostalgic camraderie thing.

Would be better if devs made a freeroaman, no idea how it would be played out. Not a death gauntlet. Less casual about shooting. During firefights should be truing to dk thigs fast as possible not lounging around. Enemies dying were like "ow my head" kind of thing. Some more try for realism…

You go through places too, you don't stay long enough for them to grow on you. Sleeping in a bunk, doing missions, talking with npcs. You do thigs within an area and move on. One time you're asked to stay and that was the time to kill that piece of shit manager.

A kind of thing where everything is unsure, and ready to comply. Not fuck this, we have to get it done. Or fuck it. And their own thing. Plus propaganda. People acting like their dreams were lies, tragedies. The only rule was always to do something wrong. Not fuck all this, doing something right.

Could be a game in going your own way trying to see if there can be another way than being part of what was below, groups etc. and how people can be togeher without them submitting tk anything including a central ethos. Just take care of needs hardcore, do something else when it is a good idea and can be done solo. Or people smitten by the same idea doing it together. Not for you fucking idiots. People onto interesting ways to die see how far they can go before they go back, find they don't need to. Get some entertainment out of eachother.

Go running arround a wasteland, looking for their dream girl or guy or somewhere good looking, a couple settle somewhere and some missions to set them up, windmill or water mill, little farm, figure out just what people need to live. Probably just great experiences. Enough so they can build something better than everything they've encountered, someone else can do better etc.

Very little shooting
Its more of a stealth game than anything else. That combined with the fact that ammo is your currency gives you even less incentive to shoot.

It's pretty good. The stealth is actually really good. Don't play redux. They fucked the game up.

Let me guess, you were at the alien ship part?

Metro bored me even quicker.

The original has some cool details in it that I feel really enhanced the immersion (buying suits at vendors, having a modded analog watch instead of a hi-tech digital one) but Redux fixed some bugs, including a common one where the game would be rendered unplayable during the depot level.

Absolute bullshit. The stealth is crappy and shooting everyone in the area is the best way to go. Ammunition and medkit are abundant from enemies and dead corpse. The hardest enemies are the mutants anyway and you can rarely stealth away from them.

Well don't use military grade bullets.

How is the stealth crappy? I thought it was great. Broken glass on the floor and hanging cans as detectors was a really nice touch.

Getting high off your own supply is never good.

Like next things are beneath that standard or more of it instead of beyond it and maybe away from it.

Chars talking about obvious stuff or hyping fucks things even if they are impressive things.

Mind shouldn't be on the situation anyway. Like people have already become a part of it. Sucked into the world. Like plants or anything else natural to it. It's perspective or already know how things will be. Stuck talking shit about it.

It's good. Make it better with graphics mods. Play it in German or Polish. English voices are shit tier and Russian too in this.

Should throw in a fuckload of CS 1.6 weapons, fpsbanana skinned and blast everything die commie spider capitalists. Also free the prisoners. But shoot the ones thinkjng they're entitled to kill nazis because it is they who are the master race etc. Not in this together you politic loving remote controlled American, don't act like your country is what enemies say it is, now scream you love pussy fagget! You want to eat (Yeah!) You want to drink (water) (Yeah!) DO YOU WANT TO LIVE! (bang bang bang) (YEAH!)
*creak
Now get the fuck out of there!

And the mutant commies lived happily ever after.

weapons and environment feel like gum/plastic toys, original was rough around the edges, and I take it as a plus in post-apo scenarios.

What's a good (fast) FPS with lots of customization options? Upgrading weapons, improving abilities and all that jazz?

Bulletstorm is relatively fast but not really fast
There is also Painkiller which has Tarot cards for customization.

Have you actually played the game? The best ending requires you to use stealth.

Finished Bulletstorm recently.

Will play Painkiller again, I guess.

They need to think less.

Scan every fucking weapon they can get their hands on. Quick to sights and weapon controlled during shooting. Moving bodies when hittin them, so hit enemy once, they're fucked, aim off long enough to sign them off their faggoty little police force.

Area all bacon eaten set up something as campfire free as can be. People seeking shelter can sit around and every man kills everything else coming close. Some peace and queit somewhere. Continue this little venture in the same fashion, npcs waddle ahead, they die it is their own fault, don't die. Come across another group go over and say hi carrying a very large bomb in case hello is not clear enough. Also don't say hi ever that is fucking stupid. Have something to say or never open your fucking mouth.

Exchange weapons, see if they care enough to be worth a damn, offer to mix up for a while share some secrets tell them where they are heading is shit, and together go in a new direction.

Played through Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior too?
If you are up for some emulation and gimmicks Conduit and Red Steel 2 for wii are pretty good too.
Crysis and Deus Ex have some degree of customization but they aren't very good shooters imo

Thanks for reminding me, I wanted to give that a go years ago.

Thanks mate.

Yous should try Crysis Warhead. It's what Crysis should have been. Also try pics related, they surprisingly good.

just play the original version and in ranger mode, guns feel/are more powerful, the same goes for the enemies, dont get hit.