mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/coc-call-of-changes
moddb.com/mods/elite-mod-stalker
moddb.com/mods/original-weapons-renewal-3-for-soc
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/doctorx-questlines
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats is CoC?

One thing i didnt like one bit about CoP was that at the begining you had to go back and forth to that goddamn boat

Its a Call of Pripyat mod that is basically a redo of Shadow of Chernobyl, but alot more sandboxy.

Call of Chernobyl

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

It's a standalone freeplay mod for the stalker series. It has all of the maps from the three games and you just roam around doing random missions and explore the maps or do challenges in ironman mode.

Installed Call of Chernobyl a few days ago and I've been completely hooked. It's the Stalker experience I've always wanted. I wish the vanilla had been more like CoC.

The only problem is that it's so empty with very little things to do other than wander around and RP. Is there any good mods or addons that add some life to CoC?

Check the addon page on Moddb

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons

I've got stcop weapon pack, more dynamic quests, populated labs and some other small tweaks

Mainquest is in testing and schedule for release with 1.4

Oh yeah, I was checking them out few days ago but got distracted by the description texts of Zero Weapon and Armour mods so I never got as far down to notice the Dynamic Quests mod.

Sage.

anti-sage :DD get rekt nerd

Which game does this mod go into?
I need to play CoP still actually.

thats like 5 dollars in russian

he gave you 5 dollars to kill about 20 people, not counting the mutants on the way and all the anomalies you have to dodge

cyka blyat

What? That's 60 bucks, not that it makes a difference

i must have been thinking of zimbabwean dollarydoos, you're right.

At least when you shoot something with it it doesn't just piss them off.

It's standalone but you need to have CoP installed or at least trick it into thinking it's installed.

It's complete freeplay with all the maps from the series and a heap extra from build 1935.

When you're done with CoP this is the best Freeplay mod around.

Fucking hippies

Maybe Ukrainian money is worth more?

This fucking mod man.

Playing amk and I needed to go see doc in that underground place.
I run into some loaners duking it out with bandits, when I hear a familiar sound. Blood suckers joined in on the fun and after butchering half of the men they turned tail and booked it. But not before taking one last potshot at me that damaged my main gun.

I always find ai that retreats cool.

Did anyone check the layered gunshots demo for AO3 for CoC? Its sounding nice, but need some good tweaks.

They used to do it so much more often in the earlier builds. They used to sprint off when faced with a pack of dogs but now they just stand there shooting at them with their piddly makarov.

Hell, they could even do the main story missions in offline mode if you didn't. So if you decided to just sit at the bar drinking vodka and eating canned ravioli the game basically finished itself.

Damn it i hate not having an ultimate goal in vidya. This is why i always get bored of Dwarf Fortress and Mount and blade mid playthrough.

Yeah, you kind of have to make up your own goals. Freedom/Duty have to kill the opposite leader, Mercs/Bandits get 5.000.000 rubles then fight through the Cordon, Clear Sky/Ecologists need to collect 2 of every artifact and mutant part at their base, Monolith clears out all the enemy base camps, Military gets max rank and kill all hostile leaders and Loners reach the Wish-Granter. Unless you do Ironman mode and see how far you can get in a game that revels in killing you for minor mistakes.

There is an end-goal and that is making it to the wish-granter but I don't know if the real ending is implemented yet.

There is an end-goal to mountainblade though and that is reforging the Calradian empire with you as the emperor.

wut?

now this is podracing

It was the only .45 pistol I could afford and 9x19 is too weak. Plus I just like the feel of the M1911A1.

Come on nigga.
Enjoy pumping a half if not all the mag, just to kill a expert bandit.

.45 hydroshock is where it's at

That's actually pretty great, if not on a gameplay perspective in a plot perspective.

Indeed, its the best vanilla pistol ammo and a must have in mods with more than one good caliber. Especially if the mod features UMP45 and/or Kriss Vector.

You need better mod choice.

In what mod 9mm is stronger than .45 ?
Unless you are referring to .357 magnum, that would be cheating.

It's like Slavs took a big wet vodka shit on the FPS genre.

garanteed_replies.jpeg

Just because you aren't shooting demons or going faster than light, it's not bad John.

So what are the recommended "must-have" mods for Stalker? Everything in the repositories must be decent, but what are the ones that I should get?

Now that's just cheating, Frasier was OP as fuck.

I always get a .45 pistol since they go so well with snipers and low carry-weight mods.

Lightweight shotgun loaded and with 10 spare shells, only loot ammo and the first ammo to toss if you find good loot

.45 pistol with maybe 50-100 shots

Sniper rifle with 50-80 shots

Depends, which game and what are you looking for?

If you don't know I'd recommend AMK 1.4.1 or something based on it or Autumn Aurora 2 (SoC).

All of them, I guess.

For SoC there's the ones I mentioned that are more immersive and there's Oblivion Lost 3.1 if you prefer run&gun.

There's also Soljanka that's pretty unstable, not properly translated and least polished. But it's also the one with the most content by far. It's also called stalker soup because it just takes a ton of slav mods of differing quality and merges them all in a way that's impossible to get an overview of. Insane but fun.

There's also LURK, which is more focused on realism and /k/. Lots of weapons with detailed and planned out pros and cons and when you finish it you'll know how to manage your inventory weight like a champ. You'll find it on Moddb and note that there is a big difference between 1.05 and 1.1.

For Clear Sky I'd recommend The Faction War (TFW). It's freeplay faction warfare where you either become a loner and drifting mercenary or you join a faction and take over the zone.

For CoP I'd recommend SGM 2.2. Lots of extra content, maps, quests, weapons and features. Lost soul cuts out some small things but is the most polished, good looking and balanced version of them.

Half the fun with stalker modding is digging around and finding the weird unknown mods and trying them out.

Remember to make hard saves often.

I'm trying to enjoy ZoA in SoC but every time I die and reload the game I hear the fucking intro "So Marked one I saved you and I'm not going to blah blah blah." Every time I die, every time I load the game, it's driving me insane. But I really like the mod other than that.

Anyone know how to disable voices?

I wanted to make a mod for CoC that would basically give each of the factions AI that would all play like a GSG game fighting over resources and shit, and each faction gets different access to resources. Like for example, the army gets all their food/ammo replenished at certain intervals do to supply drop, and factions like bandits, freedom, duty mostly get their numbers from taking them from the stalker faction. Assassinating the leader would change the A.I. of that faction but I don't have time for that shit

Such is the life in the zone, tovarich

There is The Faction War for Clear Sky that does exactly that but sadly it's unstable, probably because it's for CS.

Have a look at the Warfare addon for CoC and see if you can improve that at least because that's exactly what's needed for CoC.

Don't think so, maybe you could replace that speech with a soundless audio-file but it's complicated.

It's too bad that ZoA was abandoned. It's fun as fuck because it plays a bit like a LURK+AMK merge, but with mag-loading that becomes an excuse to sit around being comfy at camp.

ooh what a mature game user

pretty shit b8 but thanks for the bump user.

(OP)
Meh just more of the same, that's how I generally begin a run. Here I am during the Psi-storm relaxing after the first day of life in the Zone.

For what game ? CoP or SoC ?
Link ?

Typical freedom scum.

Does Escape from Tarkov has release date already?

Anyone have a list of the mods I should instal with Call of Chernobyl ?

What list? Just go on Moddb and check under the addons tab, it has most of them including BAN.

If youstay with 1.3.2, not using the 1.4 RC 4.1
Dynamic Hud;
Extended Variation;
Outfit Addon;
Б.А.П;
Call of Changes;
And decide between OWR/AO3/STCoP weapon packs.

It's already dead.

Is gunslinger actually happening btw ?

Plus RoH is coming next month anyway, hope its that well optimized.
Gunslinger is still going, now that they dont need to move anywhere else and halt the development.

Are you playing with all those yourself?

I'd recommend the quest mod over them and I don't think it's compatible with those.

They're good mods but it's more fun to have something to do.

They keep posting updates at least. Maybe some slav will go into a vodka and cocaine filled stupor and make a version for CoC?

Am I the only one not that hyped for RoH?

Or at least more interested in Co-op than PvP. If you're not stalking with friends in PvP you'll probably get fucked hard by people who team up.

I played with warfare. From what I've seen it just copy pastes the clear sky system and adds in the variables to toggle certain things. The concept I had was more like a simulator of factions just doing what they naturally would do instead of straight up taking over the zone.

Why don't you like freedom of choice ?
Is it that you find it too overwhelming ?
Is it that you just don't see the point in playing without winning at the end ?

Sounds cool and more interesting than the TFW scenario. Hope you change your mind/get the time.

>exo bro dies

you forgot to mention it connects all of the maps ever made in stalker into one game pretty cool desu

Is it just me or are most of the sights in STCOP hardly useable? And why are the 7.62 AKs so inaccurate?

You took care of your bro untill the end.
I'd be proud to be your brother in arms.

If you don't feel as if you have anything to work towards, you're not going to be motivated - it's pretty simple stuff. I love Warband as much as the next guy, but making new characters and wrestling with the shitty campaign AI is only fun so many times. Unless you're the sort of person who wants to push things to their limits just for its own sake, you're probably not going to have a tonne of fun with completely open-ended games after the first 20 hours or so.

I just use mod and try to take over the world.
I have never ever achieved a world conquest on Warband, whatever the mod.
The closest I am is currently in PoP (which actually gives you winning conditions). But grinding fame so you can have a bigger army is kinda tedious.

I take back what I said earlier. Autumn Aurora 2 is shit. The graphics at least.

Go for AMK autumn edition instead and make hard saves often, press S at the main menu while in-game.

Also, go into the weathers folder and edit it with notepad++ and set flares = off then get the deautumnizer as well

Then it's pretty damn good.

Neither, Call of Chernobyl.

Didn't say stronger, but if you're dumping half a mag to kill a bandit and .45 is an upgrade from that, you have a shitty mod.

So i'm just getting into STALKER what are considered the best mods?

Any pure graphical mods for a first playthrough?

Depends on the game. For SoC I don't think there are any since Complete also makes the gameplay easier. The Zone Reclamation Project is the mod for you if you want it as vanilla as possible minus the bugs. Maybe blaze through it with ZRP so you have a grasp of vanilla before you start with mods?

The first mod I'd recommend is AMK autumn edition but you'll want to edit it a bit like this

You might also want to read this

pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

Is Misery Good?

I've played vanilla SOC and I want to replay it. The problem is that I find the early game insufferable, I only found myself having fun once I hit Rostok. What mods are recommended, particularly with that in mind?

How's Valley of Whispers?

Kill yourself

Having any of the mods with CoC just makes my game randomly crash all the fucking time, even with everything installed right and no problems

Grindy, the economy is fucked, loot is shit. Play ZoA instead.

If you want run&gun there's Oblivion Lost 3.1

What mods are you using?

Also, post crash log

I love that mod but it's unstable as fuck and almost impossible to finish the game with.

And what do the Dutyers do with their fallen companions? Bury them with all their equipment?

Better wait for Wormwood or until some does a vodka/coke rush and make a huge addon for CoC.
Autumn Aurora 2 is nice too.

Does anyone have the configuration files for trading equipment at 50% of damage or so?

I'm not tech savvy enough to do it myself but Kek almighty having these items around with no way to sell them off piss me to no end.
I would think in the zone a weapon that is half broken could surely find a use, no? It would be second hand but still, a rocket launcher is a rocket launcher.

Hell, I would love if they implemented broken equipment from traders as well, so you could afford higher tier stuff on the account that it's clearly battered and used.

Yes

The whole point of Skadovsk was for you to feel safe when you returned. Boathome is comfy as fuck.

That made it a bit boring though. It was too close and easy to get back to. Compare it to the bar area.

It was at the center of the zone and a crossroad for it but you also had to go through several maps to get to it and fight or evade mutants or stalkers on the way. But that difficulty made it all the more satisfying to get to. Every time you made it back you had to patch up your suit, drop off loot, re-stock on food, ammo and medkits, maybe alter your load-out a little while planning your next raid.

There was real satisfaction in having everything re-stocked and all reserves full because that was the only time you had that. I've come back to the Skadovsk many a time without even re-stocking ammo because I never even shot something.

I didn't go on a long raid deep into the zone far away from home and friends. I went for a jog in my suit with artifacts that gave me infinite stamina and I had a lovely time chatting with the bandits that ought to hate me because I stabbed them and their boss in the back and killed their friends.

It all lacks that weight that made the bar in SoC so special.

Can someone explain how the hell the warfare mod words for CoC.
What do the different switch control options mean.
What does command squad mean.

you mean default graphics

I can understand that, then. The best suggestion I can make on that is MISERY mod to improve the overall difficulty of even the starting areas.

Bear in mind I got more into CoP than SoC, though. I liked them both, but CoP felt more polished and it has the weapon and armor upgrading.

What is the CoC 1.4 RC like?

AI is a bit smarter, random starter points for each faction, a-life underground, Agroprom underground have both SoC and Alpha maps merged, and some other shit.

The gunplay in CoP feels cawdude-fied while SoC has that timeless master race pedigree

And to this day they say he is still hunting that cat, masterfully dodging bullets from enemy factions and anomalies, some even say that following him will lead you directly to the wish granter.

It was really just the weapon upgrading that won me over. I prefer the mods for Call of Pripyat, but I don't disagree that Shadow of Chernobyl felt better in combat.

Time to share what actually made me upgrade from a pleb-shit FPS player to a STALKER masterrace.

Needless to say later firefights were extremely satisfying, but that first kill just had a somber feel about it. I was so used to bulletsoaking from mainstream vidya and this poor sod just died from a single bullet leaving me standing there like "Well, I guess I go back now."

It was just eerie how it left me feeling as though I had actually murderer someone because of how fragile we are. He didn't have a chance to defend himself with words or actions.

It was less bullet-spongy than the previous games, not for pistols though.

It tended towards realism in that the different kinds of ammo were fixed and 5.56 wasn't magically more damaging than 5.45. In a way that was kind of the problem though.

It meant that there really wasn't much gear-progression other than upgrades and suits. You could get an Abakan early on and use it for the rest of the game with no real need to exchange it for something else, although SoC had the same problem with streloks ak-74 and repairs.

It might just be nostalgia-goggles that made me think it felt better since it was my introduction to a decent FPS.

Before STALKER it only ever felt like FPSRPGs were the only fun model of FPS although it's a tough argument on whether STALKER is an FPS or FPSRPG.

Eating, medicine, etc could be argued for the roleplaying aspect, but a lack of actual character development in lieu of gear progression makes me lean towards it simply being FPS.

Might just be that I'm a retard, though.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. On the one hand you can say that gear progression has been in every shooter since doom. On the other you don't have to manage any of it but just pick it up until you reach the max and you only manage health via medkits.

I'd say it's an RPG lite in mechanics and sort of similar to something like No-one Lives Forever 2 which is an FPS with RPG elements.

Well, I might have phrased that the best way.

I'm defining FPSRPG as progression based partly off of the character's statistics, abilities, etc. Sort of in the vein of Fallout 3 with Perks and Skill.

An FPS would be based off of gear and actual player skill which is true to STALKER and Doom.

I find it debatable whether the needs and medical system add more of a roleplay feel to STALKER enough to qualify as an FPSRPG.

Might not have, fuck me.

When someone says FPSRPG one of the first games that comes to mind is System Shock 2. It's a first person shooter, sure, but you also level up skills and stats, you interact with the environment in a variety of ways. Your stats directly determine things such as damage, inventory space, accuracy and success at various tasks such as repairing objects. Most items have minimum skill requirements as well. All of these things make the game lean heavily towards the RPG side.

STALKER has no stats or skills. The bleeding and radiation system is pretty straightforward. You occasionally need to eat, and in some mods you must sleep as well. I would say it's an FPS first and foremost, with a sprinkling of RPG-style mechanics.

This, the only real progression in STALKER is the artifacts and gear quality.
CoP removed weapons progression while still keeping armor, artifact, detector and mods behind quality checks.
Its biggest issue was mostly about relying on 3 maps to deliver enough content to make it worth awhile.

I think it didn't help that my only weapon was a shotgun.

He was doing it for the Monolith, rejoice

corruption of champions. a sext adventure full of fetishes

why?

How do I do this?

I started playing as a ecologist, is normal that there is no NPCs inside the lab as on vanilla? i dont know what to do whit all the mutant parts

Bump, i feel kind of lost.

Stalker AI is really good indeed

Noob here, what do I need to know to get started in this mod?

And what addons are good for this?

It would be nice to have an unique ability for joining each faction, like +50% money and ammo looted from corpses as a bandit, or +2% damage resistance per a friendly Dutyer in the range of 10m if you are one of them. Or invoking once a day invisibility to mutated animals and zombies until you harm them if you belong to Freedom.

It's a standalone mod available on moddb

Just look under the addon tab on moddb or the repo

mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

I consider one of the weapon packs plus BAP, mutant spawn and tools in the labs, essential but I can't decide your taste for you user

mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

It's normal but 1.4 is going to change that. Meanwhile, get BAP from moddb.

Eh, keep that in Skyrim. I would however like to see someone port over the leveling system from TFW for CS. It gave you perks for every new rank up to expert. One of them was asking stalkers where they've seen rare mutants like controllers and chimeras so you could hunt them. There were 2 for each rank so 8 in total but I only remember the one.

Stalker would only work with soft buffs, but getting more money or even get some info from PDAs for stashes and recipes.

Playing CoC, I'm having fun but I'm getting real tired of these military crybabies. Every time a military asshole so much as glances at me, before gunfire has even been exchanged they call in air support. Pic related, I've been looking for this guy for about 5 minutes. He calls for air support every 10 seconds.

So that's kind of annoying, but then the helicopters themselves show up. Their accuracy is fucking awful so they're more of an annoyance than anything, but they don't seem to ever go away even after the military guys are dead, and they only ever fire at me even if I'm in the rookie village.

So how can I get rid of these shitheads? I don't want to disable the feature outright because it seems cool in theory, it's just fucking retarded that they call in air support to deal with one rookie with a makarov and leather jacket.

I thought they were Ukranians, not Americans.
Just shoot them

Lol that's nothing, I've seen them call in the air-cav for boars and rats

Invest in an AKM and some AP rounds or get the RPG-7 from X-18.

Atmosphere too good

THE TALE OF VITALY KAMIKAZE, (IRONMAN) MERCENARY

FUCKING SLAVS

Yeah, that MG is probably the most bullshit part of any of the 3 games, although the artifact field in the middle of the Red Forest deserves mention too. I try to run and duck down behind the fallen tree until it stops shooting then I run for one of the standing trees nearby. If you make it past that I think the MG almost always misses.

But even if you do it perfectly it's essentially just luck if you make it past.

In my playthrough, the neutrality part disgusted me far more

Yes, both for CS and CoP, although being able to see all NPCs on the map was up there to. But the most bullshit hard part goes to the MG.

Such is life in the Zone, Stalker.

What is best mod, Shoker or Arsenal Overhaul?

Where can I get the BAP mod from?

I already told you. Look at the addons page on moddb.

Б.А.П

So is Sidorovich Edition the ez mode of AMK, or did I just remember it to be much more difficult?

Thanks fam. Is Warfare a decent mod?

whats next? call of warcraft?

I really hope this is a attempt at baiting.

i didnt say you shouldnt enjoy your instant gratification low skill annual release meme shooter. im just making fun of the naming format

This is stalker not a "low skill annual release meme shooter" uh but yeah I guess I see what you're saying. This mod is 3 years old though.

i want to talk to someone angrier

;^)

whats your name? what do you do around here?
do you have any quests? i should go

I'm playing the valley of whispers and found several "radiactive mushrooms". Should I hang onto them, or just sell them?

which addon?

How'd you install that? I got the Shoker and Valley mod, but the installer is unreadable and after guessing through it the game crashes on startup.

This addon for CoC on moddb, its an Exe, you launch it and you can choose different little things for the game, such as lootable money, food contamination and mask overlay.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/coc-call-of-changes

No idea if it works whit saves or if you have to launch a new game just like whit some mods.

Any incompatibilities?

i got some stories, ill post some

1/?

such is life in the zone

Well its made specifically to work whit CoC, the addons i have whit CoC is that addon and Arsenal Overhaul so it should be fine, one thing you can do its you can create and empty folder and launch the exe then choose that empty folder and the exe will put all the files inside then you can check if some of them replaces the ones you have on your CoC folder just in case.

2/?

this one was clear sky but still

>the rest didnt even notice

such is life in the zone

ok here's another one in call of pripyat

anyways
just as i do, a freedomer nabs his rifle before he gets up

lets drink to him once more, he was a good stalker

speaking of duty and freedom

clear sky was fun but i had a shit time with the lack of proper ammo and artifacts

call of pripyat was fun as fuck and better

fucking zone is such bullshit

and just before i finished CoP

last one

>IN FUCKING CORDON
>whip out moist nugget
Now this was an impressive distance, the bandit was at the checkpoint to garbage and i was near a flipped car

YOU SEE IVAN
==WHEN YOU TURN SHOTGUN IN SNIPER=
YOU WILL NEVER SHOOT THE INACCURATE
FOR MANY BOOLET HIT ENEMY

what was the name of the SoC cut content "original vision before being heavily edited" release that came out relatively recently?

I wish I could go back to STALKER but Oblivion Lost 3.1 killed it for me.

It was god damn shit from start to finish.

TL;DR

Has anyone ever managed to fix the bugged water streaming effect in call of pripyat? That Barcode streaming effect is annoying as hell

I didn't take the shoker, just the valley. I then took the game data folder that's comprimed there and put it into the stalker main dir, along with the fix and translation

Have you try setting a different light mod in the graphic ? try static light objects mode if you dont care about graphics, that should do it user.

Never thought to try that. Though I do like the maximum light setting. Looking into it, it sounds like GSC never added a necessary file, which causes it to look bugged. Cute

These are great.

STALKER is one of those games where the best stories write themselves.

its what happens at 4am when you are bored and drunk on cossacks vodka

loosely based on a true CoC story where i revived downed dutyer at the garbage-rostok checkpoint after bandit attackhe got up, got his gun and headed straight to the bandit's camp at the old trainstationi followed him to provide some help and instead watched him get gunned down by 5 bandits

That helps but I want those extra guns. Any anons try the Shoker and Valley combo mod?

Anyone have any challenges to do in stalker, preferably for CoC?

Currently im just fucking around doing whatever i can, but im sticking to slav weapons only

also bumping with some stalker shit i have saved

Still, your storytelling makes it good. Thank you.

Can somebody please post the mod charts? I wanna play some overhaul SOC mods because OWR3 with ZRP isn't doing it for me.

this?

bump

On another note, is the E L I T E mod any good?

couldnt tell you, havent tried or heard of it

Its this one:

moddb.com/mods/elite-mod-stalker

Seems lightweight, will try it out since the reviews it has are positive.

let us know how that goes

How do I change the FOV?

Very carefully

I see.

Glad I could help you

what mod?

Call of Pripyat

Chernobyl even

if its CoC, open dev console and use type "fov X" or "hud_fov X" without the " and X being the new fov number

I assume mods for CoC are put in the same mod location as CoP?

CoC should make its own folder and you stick addons there like any other stalker mod (they tend to come with readmes). if CoC is in the same location as CoP then im not too sure but i assume its the same principal.

On the topic of mods for stalker

RAY OF HOPE WHEN

Last i heard it was going into closed testing for alpha or beta

Ah I wasn't aware CoC had it's own mod section cheers.

What's the hardcore AI aim option do? Gives the AI aimbots?

Ruskie version already had CBTs iirc, are you talking about an international alpha/beta test?

im not sure, ive been hype for RoH for awhile and the closed testing around august or something is the last thing i heard

not sure, test it out or do pic related

all my fucking stalker pics are scattered and its painful to try and find em all to post

Cheekiest of breekis.

why must these people exist

In Call of Chernobyl, does Lebedev, the clear sky leader, serves for a propourse? i was expecting of him to give you quest but no.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Stinkin' anarchists/hippies

no idea, i wondered that myself too. That and why he has a "guide" icon on the map

also why the fuck is he in CoC considering he should be super fucking dead or turned into a monolithian along with the rest of the OG clearsky

Best game to start with?

Shadow of Chernobyl with ZRP.

Shadow of Chernobyl. Skip Clear Sky, the new levels and faction wars aren't that good. Finish with Call of Pripyat.

If you wanna just explore all the levels then play Cal of Chernobyl. All you need is CoP.

Cheers lads

Looking forward to try out S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, one minor question though:
Are there any insects in this game like ones in Shillout?

How about you play the game and find out

No.
And there isnt any flying enemy any of these game except for the helicopter, that can be ignored, in SoC.

All right, thanks, I've shot down a bunch of these fuckers now. Is there a way to disable them? They seem like an unfinished feature, they're soundless and pretty much invisible if it's even a bit foggy or cloudy. I had one following me for about 20 minutes without firing and I had no idea it was there, until I rescued a guy for a mission and the heli promptly blew him the fuck out.

I hope that the next update after final 1.4 can balance those fuckers and the crybaby military guys that ask for air support against a fucking boar or rodent.
Would be nice if there was a cooldown for attack and respawn

This makes me wonder, though.
Would flying and/or insectoid enemies work well in Stalker?
I always loved those types of enemies that were jittery and hard to attack.

Was it bread or "bread"?

the game tab in options has heli sounds deactivated, and also heli patrols activated along with a few other goodies

I've now reached the point in Call of Chernobyl where I will only die 1-3 times before becoming a Legend. This is on Master with STCoP installed, AO3 would make this significantly more difficult.

Started as Loner, Monolith, Bandit and Freedom.

This mod is pretty fun.

Without going into Misery levels of autism, what would make it harder to do this?

I am playing CoC and am trying to take out the military at agroprom. Do they just infinitely spawn in the building? At this point there are two or three fairly large piles of bodies inside and outside the wall.

I knew I saved this for a reason

Warfare mod is the shit my muzhiks, me and my Merc bros BTFOed Freedom from the Army Warehouses. Soon the siege of Rostok begins.

This story has convinced me to try CoC and warfare but I've gotta know, can you rebuild your group once your men die or are you just stuck with x amount of bros for life while they slowly die off due to people dropping you like its hot?

that old man is a dick, he left the bread starving and without breathing room

How do I fix the stuttering in CoC?

The helicopters at the powerplant entrance were hard to ignore.

The stuttering that you experience in STALKER games is caused by the way the xray engine handles spawning. When you come in range of a group and they spawn in, the game lurches for a second. The only way you can minimize the stuttering is to get a faster machine.

Next you will tell me you want to put your dick in the bread.

no but i want to put my dick in those gorgeous buns of yours

Don't know how CoC handles prefetch but it might still be in. In that case you can try to make a shortcut to the .exe and add -noprefetch to it like the pic.

Yes, all the bases do that.

Yeah, Stcop is bugged. Only about 20% of the bullets that hit you actually hit you while AO3 on master has about 80%.

100% is unbalanced partly because the mod increases the accuracy of the rifles and bots are much better at aiming.

When the last one dies you can ask another squad of your faction to join you.

found a few challenges, would like some more for CoC or something

Thanks.

Anyone know if there is a fix out there for the crashes that happen in areas like the truck graveyard?

You can probably try all the challenges listed for SoC Freeplay in CoC.

Is there actually anything there?

Banditos and mercs to pillage and loot.

Gravity anomalies, a few stashes, I've met soldiers with SVDs. Great place if you're a sniper since the open terrain and towers lends itself beautifully to it.

Would be nice if the was a spatial anomaly, like in Oasis, at the small labyrinth of wrecked cars.
I hope that bubble anomalies can start working again, while being implemented in maps like Dark Escape and Dead City. Plus those OC anomalies to get some use.

It's not bugged from what I heard

was thinking that, but i just wanted to know if anyone else had some other fun or interesting challenges. maybe even monolith related ones cause fuck it why not

I installed Misery 1.1 + MSO merge from the mega link. Game tells me atmosfear is installed but I don't see anything misery related loading in. Anyone know how to fix this?

CoC really makes it clear you are just a stalker.

What if it's not coc

You'll have to download the Fov switcher. It's in the tools folder of the CoP Repo

Is there a mod for SoC that improves visuals, particularly in the weapon department but doesn't go full retard with other aesthetic changes like AA2?

Is it possible for places to change ownership in CoC? I'm tired of killing bandits at the Garbage. I'm getting sick of taking the long way around and running past them isn't really an option considering how many of them there are. I would much prefer having my Clear Sky bros in there or at least some loners that won't shoot at me.

fucking rad

moddb.com/mods/original-weapons-renewal-3-for-soc

Just get Warfare.

Why did I just upgrade my PC?

I'm kind of weird on this but I look back on my Clear Sky playthroughs with the most positive memories. Early game was challenging due to lack of ammo/health etc. Lots of gunbattles, lots of crazy random shit. Into late midgame it turns into almost a rails shooter though.

COP is just kind of bland

I try so hard to find something to justify my recent upgrade (which was honestly needed I guess, my old PC was an early C2D Dell shitstation) but all of the games that can utilize it are garbage.

Maybe worth it because I can now run the Bar level in Spectrum Project mod (I was CPU or maybe RAM limited before).

Spectrum is worth it for the arena battles alone I suppose

That mod is worth it for

Same user from "no fun allowed" thread?
How big did you spend on it?

shoulda been smarter with your money. Everyone knows PC gaming post 2010 is a joke.

Oh boy…

Here we go…

Where'd you get that? On moddb it just says TBD.

Oh, fuck you nigger. I'll show you who's the boss of this board. You want to have a go at it? Come on, show me, fucking pussy faggot! You probably can't even tell me why that is so.

because there's nothing but multiplats. Indie shit, and all the good PC developers have left. They either fell into obscurity, fell into failure, or just work on console games. There's no high end PC games any more. At best you have unoptimized simulator games like arma 3. Games with gameplay so mundane it's barely worth getting into them. Modding is dead, there hasn't been a real SDK since source sdk 2007. Nearly 10 years ago. At best, all that's really of any note on PC these days is low end Japanese indie games which can run on a windows xp machine.

Dunno about you, but I am genuinely looking forward to Ray of Hope. It will bring a fresh new spin to the game, and I do have some friends who I really want to bro-op with. Hell, OGSE revitalized my interest in STALKER this year despite the many issues with the mod. That's the power of new content.

wakey wakey this was just uploaded today
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/doctorx-questlines

CoP was clearly the better and more polished game, CS was more of the same from SoC (not like its a bad thing but CoP had some new content and some refined ones)
CS also suffers greatly from the whole faction wars, its a fantastic idea but poorly executed. I had such a poor time because i barely had any cash and artifacts were a pain in the ass to get.

CS was fun but its still the weakest of the 3 games.

Noice, wonder if it'll clash with the included MQ and how he'll handle it when 1.4 comes out

MQ?

Main quest coming with 1.4.

How good is stcop compared to AO3?

ah i see

1.4 when?

Better as far as balance and polish goes, the enemies can't aim for shit though, but they removed the unique weapons from CoP. Also, stcop have few, if any, WW2 rifles.

Never ever

it's in closed beta now

Does AO3 have more? I remember Misery having some german stuff.

and now the waiting game begins.

Yeah, AO3 has a bit more

also now that i see this image and think about it, shouldnt it be winter and snowy in the zone? or do the emissions release so much excess power and heat that its at a constant autumn?

I'm hoping for a winter map in an eventual S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2. I think all of the games take place during the summer or autumn though.

The real Zone is a very lush, green place. It's like what you see in the SoC cutscenes.

BOSS
HELICOPTER
WITH A HEALTH BAR

IIRC, SoC takes place in autumn, but I forget. You can check the date in the message log or quest log, I think.

Is it compatible with Warfare?

snow stalkan would be comfy as fuck

havent tried it out yet, hopefully the other dynamic quests and warfare work pretty well so far

At least those damn bloodsuckers wouldnt be able to sneak up if there is snow everywhere.
Did any of you guys play that map for the dayz mod for arma 2? The one that had snow, mountains and a lab? It even had bloodsuckers

You know what's even more comfy than snow? Rain. Does it ever rain (without mods)?

That sounds awesomely horrifying

rain is pretty common in vanilla zone. Atmosfear is a mod that make weather even better.

death would be swift and extremely painful

Are there any mods that add VR support?
I want to fuck myself up.

Where's the crash log for CoC?

Sadly not. I doubt it's even possible.

Stalker would have been a millions times better if it took place during winter.

That is a lovely picture

1000/10 GOAT

You know, In Lost Alpha they supposedly climb on the roof.

Fits them perfectly. I want Fortunate Son as well. The M-16 and drugs gives the zone a Vietnam war vibe.

Never played any of the stalker games, which one should i start with?

Shadow of chernobyl on master difficulty and no mods. Now get out of here!

Look at

Shadow of Chernobyl is the first in the series, clear sky is a prequel and call of pripyat a sequel

and dont forget mods faggot

NEED HELP FELLOW STALKERS
How do I into russian voices with english subtitles for Clear Sky?

No

For this?

Namalsk Crisis? I did, but only in DayZ. It's a good map, though.

post stalkan builds

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl with the ZRP bugfix only mod. Once you get used to vanilla, mod it till it breaks.

There is one in Misery 2.1 as far as i can remember

Where the hell do you get tools in CoC or get access to the X labs and brain scorcher?

You can find them in stashes. If I recall correctly there's one in a stash in the Bar, either that or in a chest. I think it might be the one in the anomaly field. I don't know if you can find them outside of stashes.

The Radio that plays in Misery 2.1 is chill as fuck.
Can i download it as a separate mod?

How do i use this COCdater.exe? trying to get COC to 1.3

Anyone know how to fix this?

Pretty sure they arnt compatible.

The zone is misery lads

Now I regret not just getting the warfare addon. Fuck the labs and brain scorcher.

Don't you die on me.

like i mentioned in warfare+dynamic quests works pretty well (although there might be some trouble setting it up correctly, i had a bunch of errors but it was most likely me being stupid)

Same thing happens when entering the custom area
Any fix for this?

In fact, it just downright crashes whenever i load maps that are not from Shadow of Chernobyl

Post your crash log.

Do not trust this guy, he will hack you and steal all your vodka!