North Korea Dreams of Turning Out the Lights

North Korea Dreams of Turning Out the Lights

With the Russian narrative dead will this replace it?

Pyongyang doesn’t need a perfect missile. Detonating a nuke above Seoul—or L.A.—would sow chaos

Conventional wisdom holds that it will be years before North Korea can credibly threaten the United States with a nuclear attack. Kim Jong Un’s scientists are still testing only low-yield nuclear weapons, the thinking goes, and have yet to place them on ballistic missiles capable of reaching America’s West Coast.

While its technological shortcomings have been well documented, North Korea’s desire to provoke a nuclear conflict with the U.S. should not be minimized or ignored. Pyongyang is surely close to getting it right.

For South Korea the danger is more immediate. According to physicist David Albright, the founder and president of the Institute for Science and International Security, the North Koreans have between 13 and 30 nuclear weapons and can build as many as five more every year. If Mr. Kim were to detonate one of these bombs in the atmosphere 40 miles above Seoul, it could inflict catastrophic damage on South Korea’s electric power grid, leading to a prolonged blackout that could have deadly consequences.

The United States has 28,500 soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines in South Korea stationed below the 38th parallel—and more at sea nearby. An electromagnetic pulse attack on South Korea could play havoc with America’s ability to mount an effective response to North Korean aggression. One hopes the troops manning the two already-deployed batteries of the Thaad ballistic-missile defense system are prepared for such a scenario (in a concession to China, the newly elected South Korean government suspended this week the deployment of four additional launchers).

In 2001 Congress established a commission to study the danger of an electromagnetic pulse generated by the detonation of a high-altitude nuclear weapon. It concluded that while there would be no blast effects on the ground, critical electricity-dependent infrastructure could be rendered inoperable. The commission’s chairman, William R. Graham, has noted that several Russian generals told the commissioners in 2004 that the designs for a “super EMP nuclear weapon” had been transferred to North Korea.

Pyongyang, the Russian generals reported, was probably only a few years away from developing super EMP capability. According to Peter Vincent Pry, staff director of the congressional EMP commission, a recent North Korean medium-range missile test that was widely reported to have exploded midflight could in fact have been deliberately detonated at an altitude of 40 miles.

Was it a dry run for an EMP attack? Detonation at that altitude of a nuclear warhead with a yield of 10 to 20 kilotons—similar to those tested by North Korea—would produce major EMP effects and inflict catastrophic damage to unhardened electronics across hundreds of miles of surface territory. It is a myth that large yield nuclear weapons of hundreds of kilotons are required to produce such effects.

Although some analysts have dismissed the possibility of a successful North Korean EMP attack—either on South Korea or the United States—several factors could make it a more appealing first-strike strategy for Kim Jong Un’s nuclear scientists than a direct, missile-delivered nuclear strike. For one thing, accuracy is not a concern; the North Koreans simply need to get near their target to sow chaos. Nor would they need to worry about developing a reliable re-entry vehicle for their ballistic missiles.

wsj.com/articles/north-korea-dreams-of-turning-out-the-lights-1496960987

Other urls found in this thread:

futurescience.com/emp.html
futurescience.com/emp/super-EMP.html
futurescience.com/emp/EMP-myths.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd shake the fat fucker's hand myself.

I second this request, if that fat fuck reads our boards tell him that he should just plant one right on LA for us and do us a solid, maybe NY too if he has one extra laying around.

Your second sentence is false because it never died for democucks. They still think he is a putin puppet.

Your second sentence is false because it never died for democucks. They still think he is a putin puppet.

I suspect the author of this tripe reads Holla Forums

Same, read almost the exact same thing here about a month ago.
From what I remember, NK could only concievably fuck the west coast, SK, Japan and the rest of SEA over. Not much of a threat for middle America(white america) or the kikes on the east coast.

Even in Japan they'd probably go for Tokyo and everyone would just fuck off to Hokkaido / the southern islands which would largely be unaffected. They don't have niggers over there so it probably wouldn't devolve too quickly.

FUCKING DO IT KIM. NUKE MADISON TOO WITH A SMALL ONE.

is more accurate

So while I have a Faraday cabinet myself (in which I keep my Night Vision Optics, back up computers with hard drives and useful programs, radios, other sensitive electronics,etc ), I have read report after report that states that vehicles are generally not affected in any significant way when exposed to EMP field strengths of ~30 kV/m. The only info I have been able to find indicates that there MAY be so-called "Super EMP" weapons that could theorietically generate around 200 kV/m…………but the existence of these weapons has never been found.

It appears the 'normal' High-altitude EMPs caused by nukes will generate a max of ~50 kV/m……..and will taper off at it's horizon line around 25 kV/m.

With these types of numbers, I just have a hard time imagining a Snake Plissken '666' fuck the world option being reality at this point. Especially for little fat kimmy. The ensuing nuclear retaliation from the USA, which would likely be completely justified through the "world court" would be a total NorK genocide.

Anyway, here's some good stuff on EMPs if anyone cares to read.

futurescience.com/emp.html
futurescience.com/emp/super-EMP.html
futurescience.com/emp/EMP-myths.html

And if someone has some alternative info to share, I'm all ears. Would like to know I didn't build this damn EMP cabinet for nothing.

Let's see…..
No more (((hollywood))), degeneracy, millions of mexcriment and niggers, 'wiping the slate clean'…..sounds great t.bh

You'll have to stop the MSM somehow lad.
I run a rope factory in North Korea, will send a shipment for rice.

why not build a Faraday garage?

oh noes plz dont, plz

You have any idea how many $hekel$ it would take to build that?

Get sheet metal. 1mm and weld it together

The material is just one part of it. You have to fully enclose your entire structure. the ceiling, the walls, and the ground. You also have to redo your electrical wiring to install a circuit breaker/fuse system at the interface point between the area you want to protect, and the electrical wiring from the rest of the house (the copper wiring will conduct electricity from the shielded part of the house and will allow it to run into your faraday cage and into your devices). You have to also seal up the doors, windows, and make it to where the huge goddamn garage door can open and close, and when closed have holes less than the diameter of the wavelength of EMP.

All without making the thing look like some nigger-rigged piece of shit that looks like you just transported some Brazilian Flavellan flophouse. I really would also like to not be fucking murdered by the wife for making her house look like a goddamn NATO bunker any more than it already does. I already have my study and workshop.

We shouldn't get into a war even if they nuke LA. If they did something so Stupid the Chinese would be forced to go to the table and allow the SK & NK to unify.

The Chinese would have decapitated the NK leadership long before the US could get their generals together to come up with a plan.

If they launched a ICBM at all, we would turn their country into a radioactive sea.

An EMP burst over any major American city would probably start the third chimpact

Kim here's a hot tip. The US keeps it's most special and secret weapons in San Francisco, Detroit, Baltimore and the South side of Chicago.

Gook problems.

Metal garbage can.

You're saying it wrong, user.
All Holla Forums to DPRK telegrams are written as follows:

Those artillery batteries would be destroyed in 2min with moabs. IF they would even fire due to their age or soldiers being incompetent becouse of no food.
You can't fight with WW1 era artillery barrage tactics and middle age physique against an air support oriented superpower armed with superb intelligence.

Tell that to Viet-Cong.

Shiggy.

The hippies did.
That is why the VC changed tactics to Gorilla Warfare, because they didn't understand what Guerilla was.

I think the author has been playing too many video games.

And as in (((A Boy and his Dog))), Lord Kim found the perfect solution to urban blight.

being arnold.

What the fuck does Vietnam have to do with Best Koreans?
The guerillas didn't even have artillery and their k/d ratios were abysmal.
The ones who lost Vietnam to the communists were democrats that took all support from the Saigon government after the peace.
And don't let me go into the purpose of the war which was a long winded conflict to destabilize the US to take the fiat by their own crypto commie politicians with LBJ at the helm.

Well, that guy said
You can kind of draw parallels between these two situations, where poor commies with rakes were fighting regular troops.There is no need to take anything seriously in a Taiwanese woodworking forum.
I still believe in Best Korea.

That picture looks pretty fucking fake.

Notice the lack of clouds for example.

Good question.

My Faraday cage is just an old microwave. Am I retarded?

It's what Holla Forums has been dreaming of for a long time. Best Korea might actually save the West by giving them a chance to massacre Leftists.

I don't know, would it?

yes

EMP attacks (by means of a nuclear device) are considered Nuclear Attack by the UN Security Council; unanimous vote, IIRC.
If an EMP attack of that sort is made, the US would have already launched a full Nuclear Retaliatory strike before the EMP weapon went off, simply because the world would have no way of knowing if it was an EMP attack or a Nuclear Attack until it went off and nobody is expecting the defending power to just eat a potential nuclear attack just to find out what it is. North Korea would never know if their attack worked; the US' ICBMs may be old and out of date, but the US' SLBMs are still top of the line, and everyone knows we have enough nukes under the water over there to erase the entire Korean Peninsula.

Aside, Satan ( , checked) agrees.

agreed, everything is kikery

Diesel engines aren't damaged by EMPs at all. Easier to produce your own fuel for a diesel as well.

(Hypothetically, if the EMP was so massive that there was arcing to the extent that it warped, damaged, or melted parts of the engine I guess an EMP could take a diesel vehicle out of commission. I'm pretty sure that scale of EMP isn't associated with nuclear weapons.)

Only way a reasonable EMP would fuck with a diesel is if you live in a cold climate, and must park your vehicle outside, and it fucked up the glow plug circuits. Traditional glow plugs don't require any timing though, you could probably just remove them and pre-warm the cylinders for a few minutes with warm metal rods or something. Would be a pain in the ass, and would be easier to just keep the vehicle in a semi-heated garage or something. That, or hopefully you have a generator to run the block heater. Maybe even do the whole cookie sheet full of coals trick. Not usually advisable, but in a pinch…

This is all assuming you use an old school diesel. If you lose your electrical system, you are gonna lose power steering and hydraulic breaks as well. At least the thing would still move, even if it was a pain in the ass to drive.

We all know how seriously people take UN definitions. That's why the whole world is in an uproar about white genocide, right?

The UN is a joke. The nations of the world will treat our retaliatory strikes in whatever way they, or their puppet masters, feels is in their best interest. They hate laws and definitions.

Sage for double post.

ever notice how NK only ever gets bullish when some nation does something the global elite doesn't want them to do? just something to think about.

Everyone else thinks the US has enough Nukes for them too. Whether the US does or not is not part of the question, people think it, and that is all it takes for most weak willed leaders to bend the knee in most cases.
The most that most powers that can do anything about it would do is voice a loud complaint, but that is about the extent of it.

Kim Jong Un = Solidus Snake

personally North Korea should nuke the Yellowstone caldera. That would kick off the party worldwide.

Yellowstone caldera is a giant pimple that won't pop.

NK doesn't even have that capability yet. Projections for hitting LA don't have them capable for at least 5 years.

That looks like it would kill a ton of whites. LA is much better.

Would North Korea strike Japan and South Korean is a civil war in the United States was to happen?

Didn't one of the Vietfags said that their country is a literal Ancapistan?

Considering the (((degenerate filth))) coming out in Korean entertainment lately if I lived in the North I'd want South Korean in the dark too. Jews infect everything with degeneracy. Nothing good comes from approving of your wife fucking other men.

NK is just controlled opposition, the kims all attended the same (((freemason))) school in switzerland. It's to keep you occupied with a fake enemy rather than focusing on the (((enemy within)))

Was Otto Warm Beer the subject of North Korean missile tests?

This is very good advice, store some useful electronics; flashlights, radios, tools, generators, gps (offline-gps would still function), etc. In a conductive metal trashcan.

We've had this exact same thread dozens of times in the last couple of years.

Improved, but still shit.

Hopefully you aren't American. You should abbreviate it to NK. Wtf is nork?

The raid is real.

Gas yourself.