How bad do you fear political repression?

How bad do you fear political repression?

I am constantly terrified of stepping up my praxis game because I'm afraid I'll be exposed, doxxed, beaten up, arrested, murdered, slandered, etc.

Even in the healthiest democracies have, in their left-wing history, a few chapters of terrorism, vigilantism, and even (or perhaps, above all) state-sponsored violence against activists, unionists, revolutionaries, and so on.

Germany is the place for you.
The left has pretty much free reign.

Shits going to have to get a lot worse before you see real political repression. Don't be an aut rigthsets with a presuction complex.

Absolutely none! That is why I`m running for office in my local city council elections next year.

Pretty badly.
Sinn Fein have a history in this area of kneecapping local politicians for being overly critical of them.
Also my mum lives in a hardline unionist area and I wouldn't like someone to hurt her.

Very bad.

Real political repression can take many forms. Plus, in many countries the bourgeoisie openly resorts to violence.

I think that depends where you live. Where I'm from, the police has a clear "discourage them at the first step" attitude. And this is probably not something you have in the US, but neo-nazis working with the authorities is real in many places.

UK?

Wait I thought Sinn Fein were pretty lefty?

They're giga socdems

Finland

So they'd violence you if you split their vote or questioned their credentials? Nice guys…

Do it Anonymously

What if you are exposed?

L O N D O N ?

You will still get beated up by police and harrassed if you are an active autonomist.

I've looked at enough loli doujins (illegal in my country) to know that it would be pointless to try and take a significant role in any leftist organization. The NSA and GCHQ would use that against me in a heartbeat if I challenged any existing power structures. The pigs here have a long history of infiltrating and attacking leftist organizations.

In most cases though they can achieve their goals using the soft power of propaganda. Given sufficient control over public opinion, the pigs don't need to go around beating people up.

londonfag here

who wana meet up and kill some cops together uwu

an alienated blocky-looking Porky and some brown people =/= the Left, Holla Forums

Nope, no repression here in Burgerland lol :^)

COINTELPRO is alive and well.

Fuck, where do you live? Do you think browsing /lefty/ is enough to get on a watchlist?

Buy a gun my dude.

I started to fear now, since the new government in my country (Brazil) is right-winged.

We also have an Anti-Terrorism Law that has been used to repress protests.

Any fellow moderate "Blue Dog" Democrats in here?

Get out.

What makes a Blue Dog dem different than a regular dem? Is it usually economic, social, or foriegn policy?

They are Republicans who got into the wrong party.

Not really. But I've noticed that the wrong people (chemtrail tinfoilhat hippie retards) start backing me up, which undermines my message. Also, a lot of people won't take you seriously if they know you're a revolutionary, you know, because violinns neber anser… Except when bombing shitskins ofc (which you should't say cause it hurts their feelings more than any bomb).

Kettle, meet pot.

I've sort of come to terms with it.

Honestly having any left-leaning ideas is already an act of violence in current democracies. I've accepted the fact that by openly declaring that, I could become a target by a number of different groups. It doesn't quell those fears, but it does help me accept the reality of it.

The fear is completely understandable, but if you're really committed to any advancement of political ideals, you have to be willing to accept struggle in different forms.

Its a constant fear. Not sure whats to be done about it other ban be careful, but even then we already know that if the state thinks your worth tracking and ruining your life that they'll do it. Just gotta hope they're content with opening all my mail and reading my emails from organizations that could be accessed by the public already. Ive got nothing to hide, but if i did id sure as hell make sure to do everything in my power to keep it hidden.

dont let them take your picture, dont carry your phone to something illegal, have an alibi, dont leave incriminating evidence on your electronics ect.

take your meds, inb4 cherrypicked Paki or Protester Does X article disingenuously presented as representative of the broader situation

If Occu-stuff didn't do it I doubt posting here will, beyond that idk lol

lol I could swear you were talking about Brazil.

You forgot:

Around these parts I'd no doubt be put on the shit list of a few ragtag reactionary or skinhead groups, but they're more bark than bite and they barely bark at all.

But really, the lack of repercussions is because we don't need to be repressed since we aren't a threat to begin with. Between the failure of communism and American mastery of non-violent social control, we're at a loss.