password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/F6Nr7
sys.8ch.net/erp/res/34747.html
mhgen.kiranico.com/
exhentai.org/g/946882/c4aef963cc/
youtu.be/R1_P6c2q1xU?t=530
discord.gg/AvBXj
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
mediafire.com/download/w3y786gzzq6o78c/Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version (PSP).iso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump for Kong ass.

That was fun. I'd like to hunt and pose with you fags later.

good hunts, all

so why are hunting horns considered so bad this generation?

I have no idea why people would be saying that, but I picked it up for the first time today and had a fucking blast.
We tore through monsters with those sick nasty buffs.

With the ability to play two songs at once it should probably be better then ever I'd think.

This, HH bros are so fucking amazing to have on your team when hunting ANYTHING.

The problem is that it's no longer fun to play solo like it was in 3U due to the damage and stun nerfs.

Can anyone post the latest mhx rom with eng patch? it keeps asking me to upgrade when i try to connect

Try the 3ds homebrew threads, if they don't have a link in their copypastas I'm sure someone will help you out.

Because it lost some solo viability moves. It's still helper mode of all years

I wouldn't call them outright bad personally.

But the argument seems to be that the Double Note system doesn't make up for the Damage and Stun Nerfs (especially for solo play), and that the Hunter Arts are underwhelming compared to the ones of other weapons.

Not going to get kicked from a group when using it though because the songs are as good as ever and the new double note system means keeping them up is even easier.

The stun nerf is the biggest issue I have with it. Used to be a great weapon for getting KO's because it could reach places the Hammer could not, but with the crazy bloated health pools on Ferocious monsters and their crazy resistance to all status effects you're lucky to get one KO at all after focusing 100% on their heads.

Ferocious is just G-Rank health with High Rank attack. Frenzy was low level interesting with the randomness on animation speeds, but ultimately nothing more than a cheap gimmick. Apex was straight up dogshit. Every time they try to do

It's fucking awful and lazy. Christ at least Variant monsters have different models, but if they can do that why can't they just add more base monsters into the game? I'm sick of this Pokemon-tier bullshit where every gen has some random mish-mash of the whole collection with missing pieces everywhere. I don't give a fuck about fighting another Rathalos: Red Glowy Bits edition. I'd rather fight regular Diablos and Monoblos and Barroth instead of all these dumb gimmicks.

Not like keeping them up was hard to start with, but yeah. I honestly think the double note system really only is useful at the start of a hunt so you get self improvement x2.

Oh right

The hunting arts for the HH are also the worst in the game hands down. A low damage hit that trips everyone, a mode that gives you free double notes, and something that applies all your buffs at once to yourself and only yourself

I found double notes work seem to be intended with healing songs since you can heal scratch damage and renew a buff at the same time and then do a new buff while healing more scratch damage and apply/renew a new buff allowing you to be able to do the usual shit while spamming heals and carrying shitters.

But that is more for low rank play.

Im just not feeling the lance and gunlance
Like I really wanna enjoy them but its not working for me with the changes and skills
Im sure if I play more id get back into them but eh

Horn on the otherhand still feels the same and loving it

What are the best skills for HH and GL now?
I have to assume maestro is still mandatory on horn and maybe like evasion?
What about GL? I remember blocking skills were nice and sheething

Im not too worried about the end game skills that have like combine of lkke atk up and fencing or something
Just individual skills best for the weapons

Oh and how do I into perfect guard
I cant seem to do it right

We have a discord now!
discord.gg/F6Nr7

Come drop by and take a look
plenty of channels for grouping up and hunting together

cancer.

oh well man, its just a way to kill the confusion around finding hunting parties and to offer VoiP to the people here who hunt together

What are the main changes from 4 to cross?

*hunting styles (4 diferent movesets for each weapon)
*hunting arts(3 special moves for each weapons)
*variants(substitute for subspecies)
*hyper/enraged monsters(substitute for frenzied monsters)
*gunlance got a damage reduction and got the heat guage to compesate that
*new upgrade system

that's all I know so far

Regarding GL:

Why is the EU one split into two parts?

no fucking reason whatsoever other than those 2 people who play monster hunter in 3rd world countries.

What's the verdict? Great game or just meh? Haven't skipped a western release but so much has changed that i don't know if it is for the better.

How would having 2 parts do that? I'm not that smart when it comes to these kind of things

I've heard the game is pretty much 4U with a few new things, like the arts and 4(?) new monsters
I guess the Arts do change the game a little, but nothing really that big
Theres also pic related in the translation, which is an automatic pirate for me

I never once bothered to read the english text.

I enjoyed the game a ton, but it's a very different beast from the main series, being done by a different dev team and under a different director. 5 will probably be closer to the rest of the series. Also I'd say to just skip the Western release and get the game instead

2 manageable sizes so you can finish one before you need to turn your Modem from 1996 off because someone needs to use the phone or your connection gets cut abruptly due power outage, then you can grab the other the next when the situation is stable enough again.

Christ

Do the 1337 ship one brah.

What's funny about it is that the character you talk to before meeting her says that she's a very "focused" person.
Instead she's a bubbly memester.

no no, you don't get it!
this character is the dunning-kruger effect in action
she claims to be good at something she isn't
praise the writers for writing such a deep and believable character we can all relate with!

MHG low rank room
55-4309-2200-2111 pass is 8888

What's a good style for hunting horn?

Reminder that when someone mounts a monster you can fuck it up to help the mounter get it on the ground, it doesn't fall down and fuck it anymore. However you can't use status effects or do any damage to it anymore.

Rathalos/Rathian are the two most boring and tedious pieces of shit of the game, followed closely by Gravios.

Name one good thing about the Raths.
And Armor/Weapons do not count.

They teach you to git gud.

consider suicide

Hardly, and Rajang is better for that anyway.
After you farm golden horns nothing scares you anymore.
Raths are not hard or fun, they are slow, clunky fights that look like they are made annoying on purpose.

this is so dumb

I found Monoblos more tedious than any of the raths in 4U

You sure told me.

Raths are fun because there is a lot of things that work for them and a lot of brakes
like all traps work, getting flash bombs out of the sky is fun and cutting tails

Diablos is fucking shit, 90% of the time he is fucking pissed and keeps digging under ground
hell he hasnt been easy to get stuck in walls since like freedom where that shit was kinda neet baiting him into it

If you throw sonic bombs at the Diablos while he's digging it's basically a free pitfall trap.
And when he gets out of it, which you can time, he'll fly out and you can flashbang him down to the ground.
But I'll give you that Rathalos gives meaning to crafting flash bombs .

Off to reddit you go.

Je suis monte

pardon

Lo he montado!

Did you take that pic?

I have a reason to go back to playing now.

They work as a filter for new players. It forces them to consider their actions more because a single mistake can lead them into getting stunned + poisoned into fireball to the face.

It's also not as punishing weapon wise. Their head and tail are easy to reach, even with low reach weapon. They're still a decent threat to ranged weapons with their fireballs and swoop attacks.

Their moveset is predictable but also tends to have a longer "backswing" even when enraged to give newbies a chance at dealing damage. Lastly, they have a variety of status effects (roar, wind, poison, burn, stun from getting comboed) for new players to practice against.

Rathalos expands a bit more on Rathian, putting more emphasis on evasion timing and itemization. Variants still keep the exact same moveset, thus it allowing new players to focus more on other aspects.

Pink/Azure try to push the concept of adjusting your play style. Azure stresses the need of itemization/weapon selection since it tends to stay in the airt. Pink is about dealing with excessive aggression.

Silver/Gold are just a final test on your abilities.

Are they dull and have too many variants? Yes, but they are good monsters for new players to learn from.

/erp/ has a Monster Hunter group

sys.8ch.net/erp/res/34747.html

no, i got it from halfchan a while ago

The only thing you git gud at by fighting Rathalos is Rathalos. That is the very NATURE of git gud. You do not git gud at fighting Zinogre by fighting Rathalos. You do not git gud at fighting Yian Garuga by fighting Rathalos. Only Rathalos.

The entire concept of a "learning monster" is nothing more than pseudo-intellectual drivel shat out to make the video game sound "legitimate" in your high school English essays.

I think most people would agree that Kut-Ku in the early gens was a "learning monster" in that it was likely the first time your attacks were bouncing or had to deal with things like wind, or projectile attacks or tail whips.

NOOOOOO
the Rathalos was the learning monster
kutku was just the entry monster

Fair enough, I just remember the Japs calling him "Kut Ku Sensei" all the time.

If you could beat rathian you have most of Los' fight mastered already.

bumping for this
am I just shit that I cant time it right? like I get its the initial part of the shielding but I really cant get it down

What exactly do those mega links download? Did MH come to PC or something?

ROMs for the foreign release of Cross. MonHun on PC is limited to the shitty MMOs, you probably won't ever see a real MonHun on it.

Kut-ku was also one of the faster wyverns despite being so weak if I remember right. So being able to dodge, predict attacks, or avoid getting stun-locked in a corner was drilled into new players pretty quickly. Kut-ku certainly gave the "If you can't beat this, you can't beat any of the other wyverns" lesson.

really man, read the OP

FU and P3rd nigga

ah yes, I forgot I had a book that had all of the abbreviations know to man written in it. Thanks user!

Ah

What's so bad about Frontier and MHO? All I know about the former is that the monsters crank up the anime to 100 and the latter is made by some literal who chinese company.

are you living under a rock?
you at least play MH right?
i get it if you dont have a 3ds or aren't into hacking it, but you had to know MH:G was on 3ds right?
it was redtexed even

It's not an abbreviation, it's a fucking install file like an exe

I will admit I did not read the MHG part out of the entire OP

I've never used it before

When does armor actually get not shitty and worth farming in MHGen

Because I don't really have much reason to leave this fucking basic armor I have at the moment.

WHAT IS YIAN GARUGA FOR 500.

Fucking hell it's always worse than god damned Rathian or Rathalos. Not counting Pink Rath or Silver Los.

But you git gud at fighting Rathalos by fighting Zinogre, using the elemental weakness excuse.

Fair enough, was referring to ones native to PC. Emulation of course is fair game.

For clarity's sake, I haven't played them myself, this is second hand. Other than pay to play, apparently they're just ridiculously poorly balanced and the handling of the game is really far off. It's also a hundred times grindier too.

At no point did I imply that you got better at fighting X monster by beating Rath, you dingus. I literally wrote FILTER in my first sentence. If you can't beat a Rath, you can't beat anything else.

Rath doesn't punish playstyles or weapon choice but still has enough to kill off careless idiots.

my only problem with rath is that he's small as fuck but still has a "i'm gonna spin and everything is a hitbox" move.
Rath just needs better hitboxes, then he'd be way less frustrating.

Are you seriously complaining about Rath's hitboxes?
Go fight Tigrex in FU and you'll love them.

Anyone know where to find Bealite Ore in Gen?

Mining in the Deserted Island gets you bealite ore.

Thanks

mhgen.kiranico.com/

Hasn't been updated to show gathering spots yet.

true
just posting it as a reminder since the one in OP is for 4U

opinions on maestro given the horn change with the being able to play the last song
do you think the skill is still pretty much the goto always gem in skill for Horn?

Anyone know how much damage a palico's mini barrel bomb does? Is the bombing cat any good as a nyanter?

smdh

So, DK would totally beat Rajang in a fight, right?

no

I mean, how strong is Rajang? Because DK knocked a moon out of orbit.

Rajang is built of pure hatred and anger and monkeybull dick

Sounds just like DK?
I heard Rajang has a blue form in the MMO.
Too bad MH has so few feats.

So…was 3 Ultimate just really easy, or something?

That's the only other game in the series I've ever played, and I didn't really have any trouble in that game. Most hunts only took one or two tries before I figured out the trick to the monster.

But Generations is making me rage like a fucking spaz. For some reason I can't seem to fucking do anything right. The Great Maccao took me 4 fucking goddamned tries before I killed it, and it just seems like a reskinned G. Jaggi so I don't know what the fuck is going on. It shouldn't be that difficult. This Gendrome, which, again, just seems like another fucking G. Jaggi but with bullshit paralysis tacked on, is about to make me fucking pop.

I don't get it. I don't fucking get why I had such an easier time in 3 Ultimate.

Monsters in 3U were a lot slower and had bigger openings.

tri and 3u were the easiest in the series. you need to watch their movements and time your attacks. it gets easier the longer you do it. You'll start to notice patterns in how they act before doing specific moves.

Monsters in general are far more aggressive than they were in earlier games.

how are they doing DLC for this
I fucking hated how staggared it was for 4U, like no gold Rathian for so damn long and all the shit monsters so useless

Hey guys, I am picking up the game tomorrow, what sets would you recommend for a GS user, from low rank to high rank to G Rank? Any other GS users here?

Bujabujabu is quite nice for early low rank and pretty easy to make. All parts can be found in the Hunting hall directly at the beginning

Thanks m8, I joined the discord server so I should be able to ask more stuff there. Is the online multiplayer peer to peer? Just wondering if an ausfag can play with decent connection with other anons

Git gud, these are all non issues

As in you played the foreign version? Because they added 50 free points of defense to that one. You're always 50 points tougher than you're supposed to be if you accidentally got that one.

We were all bad once.

Fun…?

I'm GC 170 and never had any problem with them.
But they are still the most boring fights in the game, and if you can't prove me otherwise you are just sperging.

I Meant yan garuga

I had my bombing cat stagger the bosses several times and even break parts off.
If you use your main palico as a trapper with 4 trap cats, every time it places a trap the bombing cat will set a large barrel bomb in it.
It's a fun combo if you go for max offensive.

I love vaporizing that green cunt.
But not as much as wide GLing a Basarios. Pure catharsis.

Gunlance confirmed Holla Forums weapon .

Anything that burrows underground is infinitely more tedious. You're just trash at fighting raths.

How many hours until the damn game unlocks on the store thing.

I assume noon PDT.

soon
but i will be asleep
hopefully I wake up mid sleep to weewee so I can download it and fall asleep so its downloaded when I wake up

How many hours did you play 3U to have so much trouble with this?

Yuri, Capcom Unity's community manager comfirmed the digital release time to be 9AM PDT.

JUST

What model did you get with the game anons?
got it just an hour ago, got muh qt bat dragon but really wanted a rathian

Holy shit that sucks

I got the game like three days earlier man. God damn you're probably gonna miss the whole launch-hype train.

I'm so sorry.

I don't know, something like 100 hours? I didn't get terribly far into HR before I got bored.

Maybe part of the problem was just trying to use a gunlance against these fucking swarm monsters. I couldn't block shit since I kept getting surrounded. Switching to Dual Blades has helped a ton, I haven't fainted even once yet.

DB seems kind of boring, though.

Also, the 4 times bit was an exaggeration. I fainted once before I killed G. Maccao, that's it. But that was enough to hurt my pride. The game overall just really does seem much more difficult to me.

By the way are there any confirmed lolis? Like best smith?

Yeah, I'd say it's still pretty much a goto gem. They nerfed the shit out of HH's stun so gemming for that is out, basically the only other options in guild are Attack up, Affinity up, evade+ and sharpness. Aerial brings some different opportunities but it's pretty mediocre even when you have the right set. Since Meastro is easy as shit to get and provides plenty of benefit no reason not to go for it. Besides sometimes you just can't hit the monster for whatever reason and having meastro means you don't have to encore.

Nice Quads, but no it's not very good at all, the bombs take way too much forte gauge to be useful and are far too bursty compared to the high constant dps of a boomerang cat. Sure with the Tank you can get a decent amount of damage but that's 4/5 gauge (I forget how much it costs) which takes a good chunk of time to build.
The best you can do if you're really wanting to go bomb still is just go boomerang and slot in tank as an active

oh also there's no G-rank, best GS style for a vast majority of the game is guild because you won't have the set that makes Aerial not horrible. Adept/striker remove your most damaging combo and either hide it behind the dodge (which kills your damage) or flat out remove it (god striker is so bad for GS)

The Nekojo

thanks forgot all about her

would you do lewd things to cats, or would you rather have cats [spoiler]do lewd things to you[spoiler]

user what are you doing

I've always bullied my exes, so I'm more of doing very lewd things to her without her consent

I forgot how to make nested spoilers because I am a baka

maybe one day, but you dont need to read it to masturbate at a base level

I would douse them in raging monkey pheromones and then farm apex rajayjay.

I've been spoiled by good manga over the years.

Im pretty sure I read it fully translated over 6 months ago

I found it on sadpanda. Only have the nip and korean.

maybe this will make up for it
exhentai.org/g/946882/c4aef963cc/

You need to make progress on learning anyway so you can play the games

kana is super easy. Only have a few not committed to memory. All I need to do is learn kanji and vocabulary. Don't know how to go about that.

So just how important/useful are arts and styles? I played the demo a bit and wasn't impressed with any of it. The aerial style seems useful for non-staff users, but I'm not seeing the point really. Can I just go guild for everything?

I just do it by plunging in head first into things I like, really.

Hunting Styles are worth experimenting with in each weapon class just to see how they work, since like weapons themselves, they can be more or less effective against different monsters, and unlike fully changing a weapon you can change Style for free anytime between hunts. Hunting Skills likewise can be swapped in and out easily and are worth experimenting with, but I've never found any of them to be all that useful to me honestly. Neither is at all necessary to do well, you can just stick with Guild Style and never bother with Hunting Skills at all.

from the demo, I can already tell I like the adept style. I never got gud at rolling through an attack with that 1 i-frame, and not only do they spoonfeed me, they throw in counter moves to keep on the assault. I've had a blast with SnS and adept.

You'd be right to, depending on the weapon the arts and styles range from "guild is useless" to "Just stick with guild they put no thought into this"
arts have the same range.

It's a massive issue with the game that in my mind makes 4U just flat better

Downloading off Australian estore now

>Come on, buddy-goy, whispers the amazon merchant whilst rubbing his arthritis addled hands
>I know you want it
>Just pre-order™ on the 14th and we will have it shipped to you on release day, he said

Do not believe his lies.jpeg

It's so fucking useless.

Thankfully, Switch Axe + Adept is like sex with a horny dragon; hot, hard, and feels fucking amazing.

Maybe it's the pomp he's rocking, but his head just seems disproportionaly large for his frame.

DON'T GET HIT

HIT IT UNTIL IT DIES

GIT GUD

I Suck At Charge Blade: The Post
Just because it's not OP as shit like it was in 4U, doesn't mean it's bad.

Did they change the aerial style for dual blades inbetween mhx and mhg? I can't do the jumping spinny attack in archdemon mode, only in demon mode.

I was going to agree with you until you started talking about Great Maccao and the raptor drome faggots. The latter are annoying spazzes but not hard man. What weapon are you using?

My current pain in the ass is Nibelsnarf.
This annoying faggot zips around to attack in a moments notice, seems to tank my damage with no problem (might just be perceived by how little I get to hit him), spams charging at me constantly, and is always fucking around in the sand.
I figured out you can make him eat bombs, but when you do this he's barely stunned for long enough to do much, and you can only carry so many barrel bombs. He'll tend to fuck up your bombs occasionally with a giant ranged attack too.
When I tried sonic bombs they didn't knock him out of the ground.

He's a fuck face and maybe I'm just being retarded but there seem to be no decent increase in weapon power even by 3Star. Green sharpness is sparse as fuck and the weapons barely increase in damage.

Do you not see a problem here?

This is not even getting into the fact that the Ultra does less than the Super. Change blade is fuckall useless in this game.

how about you JUST go to the store and buy it? Hell, your ass doesn't have to move from it's perch if you wanted to pirate it like everyone else already did months ago.

Like holy fuck you kids are so goddam lazy.

What? They gave out models with the game's preorder?
WHY DID NO ONE MENTION THIS BEFORE?

Adept CB is pretty good. CB needed nerfs anyway.

Those nerfs don't make any sense though

Neither did CB being OP in 4U.

CB was objectively better at outputting KO damage than the hammer and HH. Now the SnS is better at it than all three.

I'm trying to say the way they nerfed it doesn't make sense. The nerfs that user mentioned anyway.

Although wait a moment
How so?

You gotta fish him out with the A button once he's stunned after eating the bomb.

Got my copy of MonHun Gen today, played 4 hours straight and ended up finding out, that my 3DS A-button is loose.
Can barely carve, attack, talk or do anything anymore.

Run up to ol' Happy with your weapon sheathed after a devoured bomb knocks him out of the sand, and you should get an A button prompt when in front of him where you can to try to fish him out. This will pull him out of the sand entirely, freeing you to whale away on him for a fair bit, and the first couple times also makes him drop a shiny item.

Well shit, thanks user

No, I don't. You're still bitching that the weapon isn't as easy to use and doesn't allow you to easy bake everything.
Watch a tutorial from literally anyone you fucking baby.

and it had an ammo system that required frequent charging to keep up. As it is, it still deals very good KO damage. That's not my issue
other than a 5 phial Ultra doing insane amounts of damage, i don't know how it was OP.

Here are my problems with the charge blade:

The axe mode only shield charge and super performance i could live with but the other two are unacceptable.

What's it like being blind and posting on a message board?

I think SnS has a coating for ko or something

here is your reply

Anyone know where I can get hercudromes?

What's it like realizing that your piece of shit is now balanced instead of outperforming almost everything else?

Gotta love the salty, jealous tears from those who couldn't play Charge Blade worth a shit in 4U. Are they all crybaby Hammer mains or something?

You can get Hercudromes from the Volcano.

Am I just lost or something?

Well, I don't have there yet. Upgrading is a kick in the nuts this time around isn't it? I feel like I can't make jack shit.

I fail to see how this is making the weapon "on par" instead of "utterly useless".

What good is a parry that leaves YOU open?

Why remove a simple indicator that let you know if you were going to need to choose between expending your phials towards charging or attacking?

I really think upgrading is a step down in this game over 4U, I don't like the "it levels up with no real indication other than saying 'LEVEL 5!'" style. Sure there were a few ranks of weapons in the other games where nothing changed, I just don't really feel like there's as much of a sense of progression

Aww so you dont get your own personal palico in this?

You do, talk to Miss Cat.

Oh the salt from beginners will be delicious.

still waiting for eshop to release its MHG .cia tickets

seriously what's taking so long

Anybody else miss Vespoid Queens?

How do you pronounce Bnahabra? I assume the B is silent.

I say: Nah HAH Bruh

I pronounce it Bah-NAH-Bruh

It's really not that difficult go from 'b' to 'n' without a vowel inbetween.

Bah Nah Bara

Go to bed Shaqwanda

Buh-nuh-Ha-bruh

Upon closer inspectation, I've deduced that it's probably likely that maybe in this circumstance that it is instead possible the H i the letter that is silent making the correct pronunciation:

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT WHAT DO

Anyone want to farm Nargy together?

Is it low rank? I need his tailspikes for a SnS.

Aye. HR2

the Hub ID is 68-1826-7998-3054
Pass is 1024
And this is MHGen not MHX

What's it like playing CB in Generations/Cross like it's 4U and being too stubborn to change your play style?
youtu.be/R1_P6c2q1xU?t=530
Wow, look at that! Straight into Axe mode right after guard point.
You know why this is, you even mentioned it.. Use Axe mode.
I usually play Adept to ignore Yellow altogether.
Now this is your only valid complaint. Some form of indicator like the shield icon flashing 10 seconds from fade would be nice. A small timer right next to the shield icon would be even better. I doubt many people are going to memorize the time even though it's 20 seconds per phial. They have other things to focus on.
This shit was BROKEN in 4U. This basically confirms what I've been saying this whole fucking time. You're mad that the weapon isn't as powerful as before and refuse to adjust your playstyle to suit the new mechanics. This doesn't make a weapon as versatile as the CB "utterly shit" it just makes you a nitpicking autist that used the weapon as a clutch in the past. If anything is utter shit about the CB it's the Hunter Arts.

reminder we have a populated discord now
discord.gg/AvBXj
im currently on, and can help with some low ranked HRs

How can you be this much of a cheeky cunt? How do you sleep at night?

I never used axe mode anyways outside of running out of gauge/reloading.
The affinity boost is also good. Anybody know how much affinity you get at energy charge lv. 3?
I'm considering just making a really high affinity build now that there's a skill that boost crit damage from 1.25 to 1.4

On my side, spooning your mom.
I saved this image from another cheeky cunt.

I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. Is there any reason why I shouldn't jump right into this one?

It's not very good?
4U is better in almost every way, aside from online being more alive because this one just released

The only thing better about 4U is the G-rank. That's it. You're kidding yourself if you really think 4U is that much better.

None.

Which is why it has less quests, maps, and monsters. Also lacking balance for certain weapons and having a worse mounting system. On a technical level you could say 4U is better since the framerate is higher and you may prefer the graphical detail as it's higher quality for what it is.

when styles are so random it's a crap shoot if you get a worthless one or not
When HAs range from fucking useless to OP PLS NERF

It has worse balance, less playtime and everything they added has absolutely no thought put into it

Are there people still doing low rank quests in MH4U? or is it just the higher ranks there?

Gen however has a shitty upgrade system with shitty requirements for both upgrades and crafting, and is stingy about the progression of the strength of weapons (at least early on which can wear on your patience).

Balance for weapons isn't super in Gen either. And the balance with the new mechanics are awful.
I'm still early on but I definitely prefer 4U. Generally my biggest issue with Gen is that I'm not getting any feeling of progression. It's like I'm trying to claw up a wall even when I'm supposedly moving forward.

Looks like I'll have to play prowler for the next hour.

Gen and 4U both have their issues so it's all up to personal preference.

Sonic bombs have an area of effect unlike flashbombs.
You just toss it in the general area of the monster and he gives you plenty time to murder it.
And you can also carry 10 instead of five.
I can't tell you how many times azure rathalos avoids my flash bombs cause he has to turn just so slightly to face a different direction and spam dumb attacks that will miss anyway.
It's not hard, it's just annoying, and that's all he is.

Besides, with the exception of cephalos, I think sand burrowing enemies are quite fun.

Guild is classic style, Striker is simplified with more arts (generally worst style), Aerial is self explainatory (also helps with the problem that many of the older maps lack 4U's verticality, and Guild is based around perfectly timed dodges and counters. There's nothing random to it. Some styles are better suited for certain weapons and some aren't and they could have done a better job balancing this honestly.
I agree, Hunting Arts barely had any thought put into them.
This is objectively wrong. Generations definitely has more content than 4U, aside from G-Rank.

I actually think the upgrade system is better since it's less grindy and you don't need to outright ditch a weapon you like. Unless you're talking about the endgame grind, which is fucking atrocious. Your armor isn't even worth a fucking damn until it hits level 6 and the grind is annoying.
As for balance, I think Generations is better for the weapons I enjoy using like Long Sword, DB, IG, and CB but holy fuck the Bow and SnS are so broken.
4U definitely handled progression better, maybe the mini-story helped trickle the content in better while giving the player a better sense of progress.

I hope the next main game learns from these two and makes it the best of both worlds. I definitely still think Generations is better so far but be wary of the Deviant grind.

Is there an english version of this that doesn't have the shitty puns and bad localization?
Or are all the english translations the same? I've seen someone streaming this and the dialogue just looks annoying as shit.

Please forgive my limited vocabulary today.

You should sleep better, user.
I care about your wellbeing!

Through the entire series, the only characters with decent dialogue were Guild Sweetheart and Captain Argosi, both from 3U/Tri

It's the small things mostly, 4U had some "le quirky" dialogue instead of just plain explanations. Made the game confusing and annoying.
I know I'm a no fun allowed autist, but it's just really annoying for some reason.

you really coulda done
BETTER

The system is sooorta fine, better in some ways but I'm talking about the implementation. The requirements for the upgrades and how good the upgrades actually are.
For example, the first fucking upgrade for my rank 2 hunting horn (That is hardly a step up. Some more expensive ones are even worse)requires 5 of a ore that is currently rare an fuck and some amount of a rare bug I can't even get yet.

Also upgrading to unlock other weapons is shit because you spend a lot to move backwards since it goes back to level 1.

No user. There can be no forgiveness.

I am going to find you and deport your ass to bully school as a life subject, where you shall dine on hardboiled noogies and atomic wedgies with your tears as the only condiments.
This is it, user. This is going to happen now.

I'm stupid, there is a flashing indicator when charged shield is about the fade.

I thought the Guildmarm's "Doodlery" was cute in 4U.

Those are some nice digits for a comfy balloon.

You'd be best off finding the weapons you want and grabbing them as soon as you can and just focus on upgrading those.

O-oh yeah well you didn't get quads.

I'd upgrade them IF I COULD

Well I hope your "quads" are in better shape. Because you're gonna need 'em for running

Sucks to be that guy, holy shit

I've only played the original. What on Earth is this?

you can always buy them seperately, they're about the price of an amiibo but far better paintwork

Character's never referred to by their character-registration name, the Caravaneer will always refer to you as "hunter" or "Kindred Hunter", the Guildmarm there immediately nicknames you "Doodle" because she doesn't really give a toss what your name is, your Palicoes all call you "boss", forge-loli calls you "mister" and The Man who takes care of weapon-smithing generally just calls you "you".

No please, no bully. Christ this is actually real, that poor bastard.

Basically her quirks were that she liked to draw monsters based on your hunts and she called you Doodle. She had some really cute lines like, "Take me with you! Put me in your pouch! What do you mean, "I WON'T FIT"?!"
The thought of her riding around in my hunter's pack trying to draw the monster while I'm fighting is almost enough to make my nose bleed.

HR 2
hub ID is 62-6378-7721-5713
password is 8888
were in discord

Reminder: people not using adept style for Bow are playing wrong.

How long do i have to wait?

You could go the yar-har route if your firmware's low enough, that'd let you play online just dandy and you'd be able to install anything you damn well pleased to boot.

connection shit took the lobby down;
the hub ID is now 14-0575-0213-1228, same password

>Software update required

If you upgrade instead of hacking your 3ds I will personally give you your atomic wedgie

Not referring to you by your given name is what they do in the original script too to be fair, and have done as long as I've played MonHun, and the rest of those names are mostly fine - the Chief calls you 我らの団ハンター, "Our Brigade's Hunter" most of the time that he doesn't just use "you" or "Hunter" (Our Brigade being the name of the caravan group you run in,) the cats call you 旦那, a term which can mean lots of things but in this case "boss" isn't bad especially considering using "master" might have bad connotations in America where slavery is still a sensitive topic and most everyone else uses "you" or "Hunter." That Doodle shit is just bizarre though.

So this is the Poster Girl who gives you your quests? She was a little odd and liked to draw monsters before, but overall it sounds like they basically just took what was supposed to be a mild "…wait what?" and turned it up to 11.

i am and i have the latest gateway firmware. I can access the download section but can't play online

Probably they were more playing up Guildmarm's ditzy/cutesy angle for the localization since that "put me in your pouch" line is really the worst thing I can think of that she says. Otherwise she just wants you to try and recreate monster roars when you come back so she can get a better visual or try to mime out how certain monsters attack or bare their fangs, and other goofy shit like that.

Ouch, yeah, that'd do it. I'd make the move to CFW on an SD card if I were you.

I'm 9.2.0 here, can I play online?

if you have your emunand set up yes

You on CFW? If not get on it, and once the whole procedure's done and you're rocking emunand or an A9LH installation (either/or, A9LH is a tedious step with a decent amount of risk involved for faster boot times and a gig or two of extra space not on a hidden partition of your SD card) you can update that emunand and play online just fine.

Get a9lh and never worry about that shit again

Considering everything else that was added, it's seriously not a big deal.

Eh, I like it. Except for the "Doodle fanclub" line. I think I have a thing for carrying cute girls on my back while I fight large monsters though, so I may be biased.

Are there actually any games like that?

You guys are speaking arabic here
I'm using Ninjhax and pasta cfw that's all I know

What are you talking about? Monster Hunter games never come with G Rank, that's always added in a rerelease. You can argue about whether that's a good business model or not, but it's still not removing content.

I don't like adept. It's too easy, I'd prefer going guild.

Install Luma3ds.

The monster mimicry is accurate IIRC, but her normal dialogue is usually normal with a sliiiiiiiight tinge of offness, which makes those moments where it slips out more impactful I guess. But then I'm also ridiculously anal about translations as a whole, so eh.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Plailect guide covers everything from downgrading to getting emunand set up, Luma3DS is the CFW of choice due to its native_firm protection which means that home menu version dependent software like NTR (allows cheats and screenshots and such) won't be borked by emunand updates.

You know, some times it pays to be a spic. Because the spanish translation is not retarded!

Seriously, nintendo has to fire everyone on their translation team to stop this shit.

Its a good thing that pokemon gets translated by game freak themselves or we would be seeing Pokemon Neo X levels of cringey dialong.

Just like we are seeing here.

How likely is this to brick my console

I don't think there's any media where you're better off playing/watching/reading a foreign version over the original

except what gameplay wise was added aside from some horribly thought out mechanics.
Variants are awful to fight and the sets suck with a single exception, they all lack key skills and have no gem slots. They also look pretty bland
Styles are inconsistent quality wise(which is what I meant by random)
Hunter Artes are much the same which leads to striker being even worse.
Nyanter has a single really usable endgame build just because of how low damage he does otherwise. (you can still use him to gather, but that's not really the fun of the game)
And a worse upgrade system, which while it's nice it shows you raw, the whole thing removes most sense of progression visually an leaves it to pure "the numbers went up"

We're comparing to 4U here though, which did have it.

Maybe that's because the only MH games you've ever played were the shitty localized versions with butchered dialog?

There's only a couple points where it might. As long as you follow the directions you'll be fine.

Please tell me you guys are going to support the game if you like it? If this game sells well, then we could get Monster Hunter Games maybe less than a month of time before it goes from japan to the US. Or even get that Monster Hunter Online game!

MHO is literally Chinese shovelware though. MHF suffers from horrid balance with late game monsters having map wide attacks, and goes even more anime than MHG did with Hunter Arts

Even 4 launched without G Rank, it was a year later with 4G where they added it in.

I bought it back in November, but you don't need to worry about sales - it outsold everything else to release in 2015 in just the one month it was out, and within a few days into 2016 outsold 4G's lifetime numbers. It's doing fine. And you don't want Online, it's Chinese MMO garbage.

Considering you're on 9.2 already, there's absolutely no risk of bricking. Skip to the section about "RedNAND" (Plailect doesn't use "emunand" for some reason), get that set up, then unlink nands by formatting sysnand using TinyFormat or the system's built-in formatting tool with your SD card removed.

Wouldn't that delete all my data? I have a ton of games installed on it

4U. They also claimed that this one isn't going to have a U version

What do you mean? This is how its always released in japan. Its just when its released in the US it gets BONUS shit, hence it always has Ultimate Or G on it for G rank.

The entire reason for using Plaiect's guide is to get the al9h explot running so you never need to mess with emuNAND again.

Install Ar9lh. its the last thing you'll ever install

The riskiest thing on the process was downgrading to 9.2.

The ones who say that there is anything risky about the process nowdays have not been paying atention.

As long as you back up your saves and stuff you'll be fine

I didn't downgrade to 9.2, I was already on it. I don't know shit about any of this fug

Emunand/Rednand is a total copy of sysnand, your games should all be intact unless you format emunand at some point.

I do mean that bit about formatting with your SD card removed if you decide to format with the System Settings formatter; if your SD card is in the machine at the time it'll format the SD as well.

Oh, that sucks. Oh well, I'm still hoping that they realize Monster Hunter Is wanted, and they release a PC version in the next decade.

U I'm guessing is the foreign version of G then? I think it's a little unfair to compare the year later rerelease with bonus content to one that's a base release, but yeah, in that case it's going to have less content. They did claim no G version for Cross, but in the same breath they also claimed they weren't doing Super Ultra Turbo Tournament Editions for Street Fighter anymore, which is a franchise whose entire identity is built on such, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Of course they realize Monster Hunter is wanted, it's one of the best selling franchises period. A PC version's not likely though.

How many times do we have to tell you that Japs can't PC.

They've been figuring it out recently

Neither did i, just do what this guide says and you'll be fine.

FOREVER

I'm scared user
hold me

I've pirated it already but I'll be buying it when i have the cash.

Also i think you guys shit on the MMO's too much sure they aren't as good as the main games but they are still fun, have the core mechanics, and look great .

Not really? It's still the same eroge platform it's been for years now. I don't think even Falcom makes PC versions anymore.

no thank you faggot, MHO is not a monster hunter game.

They literally don't have the core mechanics. Go shill on reddit or 4chan or something.

Can you not read?

Monster Hunter Online is a shitty game wearing the skin of a monster hunter game. Portable 3rd plays way better.
Graphics don't make the game instantly better.

Just because it's officially licensed doesn't make it the same product. Is the Star Wars Christmas Special the same as the films? Is the new Ghostbusters a real Ghostbusters movie?

Capcom localizes their own games.

WowIt'sFuckingNothing.jpg

Aerial was thought out because there are a lot of flat versions of older maps that don't give you nearly as many mounting opportunities as 4U did. The other styles are mixed, you are correct, but they do add to the game.
I prefer this to upgrading a weapon I like to something totally different, sometimes anyway. I can't say it's perfect or well thought out judging by what this user had to say about it.
Most of the end game in Monster Hunter is grinding, and I usually stop playing sometime around there. Prowlers aren't complete shit though, you can still fight Elder dragons and many of the tougher monsters with them, with plenty of customization. Limiting myself to the best build isn't fun either.
The game also has more quests, monsters, and general shit to do, which is impressive considering it's a spin-off made by a different team.
Certainly beats Apex or Frenzied monsters. Except for the awful fucking grind.

Don't need to throw out buzzwords just because someone has shit tatse.

yes
but its fucking shit

Nigga most of the japanese content is here. There are like, three guildcard backgrounds and only one armor was removed. And it wasnt anything of value, just the most meme armor ever.

Also. Only the english translation is shit. The spanish and the rest are ok.

I bet its the same team of people. Freelancers are a thing.

No it's not. They have their own team(s) that handle bringing their games over.
So does NOA, so I highly doubt it's freelancers from them. 8-4 would have been recognized immediately just like they were with Nier: Automata (RIP)

There's a feylne at base camp that can empty your inventory and send it home from gathering tours now

Even the quests based on licensed shit, like to get Valkyrie-themed Otomo Armor?

That's from Portable 3rd.

So what are the best weapon styles for each weapon? I tried out "aerial" with the lance, and it looks like you just flip around like a ninja turtle instead of being able to hop, and then some kind of really underwhelming jump attack.

Is "Guild" just like "Vanilla" and the rest have special movesets?

So is the upgrade system, except that they expanded upon it in kinda of a shitty way.
By the way, I haven't played 3rd but I know you use emulation to give it a facelift and play it on PC. How does it stack up to the other games?

I've never played a monster hunter game in my life. I also don't own a 3ds because im poor as shit. What monster hunter game should i play?

Yes
Mostly just because they never reused her
Also that chicken monster

Emulate P3rd with ppsspp. It's good and has loads of content for a mid-gen title.

Start off with 4U or get PPSSPP and play one of the PSP monster hunters to try it out. 3U is good too, but alot of people hate on the water fights.

I think they just need to get good, I like the water fights.

More or less.

Only played it on PS3, can't speak on PC emulation. It's one of my favorites personally, with a farm system that heavily improves on 2G's, and the best pre-hunt buffing system IMO. It never got a G version unfortunately, since they went with 3G for the 3DS based on Tri on the Wii, but it's still a solid game with a fair bit of content, and a huge improvement on the quality of life side over 2G, if not the content side.

They brought it back in Generations.

You can emulate P3rd or FU for the psp. There's also tri on Dolphin but that has less content than p3rd.

alright will do. Thanks Anons

I'm aware, just explaining it's nothing new.

Basically:
Guild is Standard and is basically what you know from FOR YOU.
Striker is "Retard Mode" (Simplified, but less versatile controls and attacks, more (and easier) Hunter Arts/"ONE CLICK SUPER MOVE")
Aerial lets you Jump at the loss of maybe one or two moves.
Adept lets you dodge and counter better/faster to almost SANIC levels.

What DO you own?

PSP is emulatable and generally regarded as the best ones and if you emulate you can by pass the most major newbie off-turning "flaw" of clawgrip and ther Freedom Unite is probably what i would consider the best, Never played Portable 3rd though.

But TRI is basically BABBYS FIRST MH with easier and slower monsters, but then you get either WAGGLAN or a Classic Controller.

Go play God Eater Burst on psp (Emulate it with ppsspp) and then play Freedom United. Good
luck.

Also, be patient. These are games with a lot of gathering and farming.

Adept sounds like the obvious choice, then. The description made it sound like you had to gamble by holding your dodges until the last possible second.

AHAHAHAHAA No. The window for pulling off the "super dodge" is fucking massive. It's like Evasion +4.

Bushido is also 100% defensive with zero offensive merits. You lose a huge chunk of time going through the long dodge animation, and you lose more time going through the double long special counter attack animation.

Starting a great maccao farm to get an early armor set
Hub ID 58-9613-8521-9854 password 8888

Adept is Bushido?
So it's sounding like Guild is the only style worth using except for some situational use of Aerial, then.

Striker is surprisingly good on a number of weapons. Bushido is good on Bow and only Bow. Guild is good for everything else.

Aerial is trash lower than Nyanta.

Aerial is actually really good because you end up jumping above most attacks, also it's really good with switch axe because you do a shoryuken on the jump and then can do an attack when in sword mode.

Apparently, striker lance and SnS are the best weapons according to some people.

Striker's usefulness is kinda dependent on what weapon you are using. Striker Lance gives you the triple poke and Striker DB takes away Archdemon mode but you'll be fine if you chug mega dash juice. However things like Striker GS is garbage compared to Guild.

Aerial weapons can be pretty satisfying to use like Aerial GS and I heard that Aerial SA is pretty good.

Lance is "de-nerfed" by Striker which is why so many Lancers like it. They added some sort of retarded long attack animation on the third poke that obliterates the weapon's usefulness, but Striker's limited moveset gets rid of the retarded thing.

It sounds like it deserved a G version more than Tri did. Especially since the western version of 3G was garbage because of the defense boost.

You also get a dash back in, so if you time it right it's very up in and offensive.

Opinion discarded. Aerial Insect Glaive is fucking amazing and Bushido Greatsword is great.

I've never played Tri, only 3G, so on the one hand I'm a little glad that 3G used Tri as a base so I could experience that without hunting down a copy of Tri, but I do prefer Portable 3rd by far, it's one of my favorites.

If you actually played the game you'd know that the "dash back in" is excessively clunky and nearly impossible to get proper positioning out of – so not only do you lose 15 solid seconds of time performing the super dodge and counter attack animations, you're running a meaty 50-60% chance of not ending up anywhere near the monster for the counter attack to even fucking hit.

Pic related.

Seconding the bit on Bushido's dashing - I could see it maybe being useful for the guns/bows though, due to positioning being less of an issue there, but I can't into guns to begin with so take that with a grain of salt.

I don't get this one. Is it a joke on how they're Frogs, and frogs eat insects?

French hunters are notoriously shit

wait for joestar.

Ah, thank goodness foreigners are locked out then.

Fuck me MH4U came out LAST YEAR, how the hell new are you?

What's your beef with the Insect Glaive? Guess we all can't have good taste.

4G was 2 years ago, it was October 2014 alongside the New 3DS. I've been playing since second gen myself though.

A-user I'm sorry… but

Bushido is sexy for several weapons you slut

That is one massive exaggeration.
Try 2-3

It isn't unless you're too retarded to hold the circle pad in the right direction during the dodge.
I definitely think it would be better without the running animation or the choice to start it, but it isn't nearly as bad as you're describing.

I can see it as a problem if you're dealing with monsters that like do chain moves that do a good job of targeting you. Like I imagine I probably wouldn't use it fighting Zinorge.

So you wanna be a snaopy dresser? Give me a minute to finish off this tetsucabra and i'll be there

ok but it hurry it up

You gotta beat joestar then, I hope you can hunt fast.

It's a good thing I didn't say 4G then.

We get it, you import or buy it from the source. You don't need to remind everyone.

you can always join the discord if you dont get in right away, easier to get in later

Fair enough, since it's apparently a thing for the foreign versions.

You make it sound like that's all unusual for this board.

How fucking new are you

You're either a retarded weeb, or a Nip.

this is good to me, I hate doing good damage combos or making use of traps

JU SUIS MONTE!

what? when did I mention aerial DBs?

I'm Joestar, and i'm ready.

my bad
thats what im doin right now

What about that one cat called Neko that just has (that means cat) next to his name and talks like a weaboo that shit was infuriating.

He was in Tri, and talked exactly the same.
Not sure whose fault that is.

Apparently it's a jab at fan translations being too Japanese and not localized enough.

Not enough pop culture references and cuttin' off 'ords 'ike this to add character.

It's so easy

These fucking people need to die.

its also fun
ill switch to GS or SA eventually
but its stupidly easy to mount

well at least it's not Adept? Ravenous Wolf and Spin are quite good for DBs.

You want easy ass mounts try Aerial SA/LS.

I know they're my favorite weapons and aerial is so satisfying.

Oh really I did`nt really know that. I thought it was just another case of a bad translation. I did`nt play Tri yet I got into Monster Hunter fairly late my first game was Portable 3rd.

the apostrophe goes between n and t because it's replacing the letter o → didn't

aerial SA sounds like fun

i dont really have a favourite but theyre a lot of fun

I didn`t notice that friend,I didn`t get any sleep last night so my attention span is rather low for today.

Better get some sleep then. It's better to sleep then to be so tired that you can't type.

can someone give me a run down on palicos this generation

Do I get my own unique one like 4U?
what skills should I look for and what type are the all around best

this pleases me

No unique Palico this time around.

The best Palico (from what I've heard), is a fighting type with Piercing Boomerangs and Big Boomerangs as abilities, and Boomerang Pro (or something along the lines) and Last Stand as skills.

Hold A instead of mashing for comfy results.

aaahk
suppose its easy enough to RNG for best skills

is there like any training or anything for them?

Any recommendations on fun weapons to go through village quests with? I used switchaxe through mh4u and can't find anything as fun.

I found CB ridiculously fun in 4U.
SnS is also extremely mobile and a lot more powerful than it looks, so that's a lot of fun, too.

Ultimately, the most fun weapons are the ones you're best at using, anyhow, so challenge yourself to master a new one.

you can train two abilities (one active and one passive) per palico

There's EXP training and Support Move/Skill training.
The former is self explanatory, and the latter lets you choose one Palico and teach one of it's support moves or skills to other Palico, making the hunt for the perfect Palico a matter of training.

Vuh-NAH-bruh

Thanks for helping with that last one.

So I got to the part where the lady says to ignore people who tell you to "git gud", and then in the same exact sentence she tells you to learn monster patterns and practice.
So basically she tells you to git gud anyway.

I really don't understand how the person who writes this shit thinks, if they even think at all. If they want to "stick it to those shitlord gamers" or whatever, they could at least try to be cunts consistently.

I wish i knew that sooner

Anyone here playing P3rd?

I have a save file for it. Haven't played it in a bit but it's something I like to return to every now and then.

Probably a knock at just telling you to "git gud" without any actual advice being fucking horrible to the actual process and then helping you herself, is my guess. "Git gud" vs. "Here is how you can improve"

10/10

I was going to ask earlier but I forgot; how bad is the framerate?

4U runs at 60 FPS on the New 3DS.
And 30 stable on the o3DS

Generations is 30 period.
Some minor drops here and there on the older console supposedly. I haven't had major issues even with the effects turned on.

this is why x/gen should have been a console release
i woulda played the shit out of it(or at least more) if it was a wiiU title

HR2
52-9140-7128-2644, password is 8888
we need one more hunter
pls

I'd join but I'm haven't started online yet. I want to though.
New bread

i havent done a lick of multiplayer at all
come join were only on HR1+2
also reposting to next thread

I'm really digging aerial SA. Adept bow is pretty fucking fun too.

Joining now

Not sure if this is the most recent version, but anyone wanting to play MHP3rd can get it here. Just get PPSSPP and you're good to go. If you want to play online, you'll need to configure it, though.

mediafire.com/download/w3y786gzzq6o78c/Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version (PSP).iso

Is there a MHP3rd HD ps3 iso? Or would this be the same thing?

The ISO I've linked is the HD version for the PS3 retrofitted for PSP and (mostly) translated into English.

Nice, I've been looking for this one for a good while. Thanks mate.

Do you have the non-English version of that?

Kek no it fucking doesn't. 4U is still choppy as fuck. At BEST it's a sporadic 40-50 fps, and that's with the eye piercing jaggies and low resolution delivery and no monsters on the screen. 3U on the 3DS was far smoother and even it only averaged a slightly more reliable 40-50 fps (can't say the same for the WiiU version though, what a cockup).

Not on hand, no. This one is a functionally complete translation. Some flavor text on weapons is still in Japanese, as is some non-essential dialogue, but other than that, it's English.

Darn, that's a shame, thanks for answering though.

It's worth it to note, however, that the product code and everything has been changed on my download to match the original game, meaning that PPSSPP will detect it as the original and any saves you could import are still compatible.

Good to know, but I was actually hoping to play it in Japanese. Thanks though!

I think EmuParadise has the Japanese original. May want to check there.

I'll give them a look then, much obliged!

Might as well do this

HR 2 so far in Gen
I need to rank up more to get upgrades for my shit
Just trying to unlock the recipies for weapons and armor
Full Hermitaur
Lvl 4 Petrified Gunlance
Hermitaur cuz he dies like a bitch
cold rajang dick

Poster here, only I can download this now. It was hit with a DMCA takedown request just now. GREAT.

Give me some time and I'll re-upload it.