Slate Star Codex Showdown

"Fell Asleep In My Chair" Edition

Seriously, kek…missed the opening by like half an hour. Still got a top-level comment, though. Whatever. It has FUCKING FINALLY kicked off. Go here to watch the shitstorm unfold and/or hop in the comments (remember to be civil):

He monitors where his traffic comes from, so I broke the link. I linked directly to my first comment. My handle on SSC (and some other places) is "NIP".

For those who are new to this thread and don't know what's going on, here's the previous thread in the archive: archive.8ch.net/posts.html#!pol/10042137_#10042137

Now I'm gonna fucking go to sleep for real. See you faggots later.

Other urls found in this thread:

nipshra.000webhostapp.com/ototh-transcript.html
slatestarcodex.com/2017/06/08/open-thread-77-25/#comment-508773
mega.nz/#!H0MgiaCC!UcFwRoz59PC8dFKO4c2whT5P0GRWE2EP9s13dYkGP_M
mega.nz/#!H9EHnAZD!isZrvG_BvrJxDyyLA-n6X_j0Cr2aFBUfnda3vzLXOjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice work OP have a bump

I don't have time for this the day it actually happens, but given all the work and leadup, you deserve a handful of bumps.

Also I haven't actually verified it, but links are supposed to break themselves naturally now.

Well, let's try it.

nipshra.000webhostapp.com/ototh-transcript.html

Nope, doesn't look like it.

Anyway, I am back and awake now. Let's go see what happened :DDD

Wew, lad. Well, a few people have replied, and it's a whole lot of nothin', so far. Just a lot of >implying and assertions. Time to make some more tea and get down to business. Thread theme in embed.

Godspeed op have a bump.

Okay, I've made my first round of replies. You'd be surprised how much work it takes to refute a lot of hot air, especially all by yourself.

Time to sit back and see what they come up with next. I might post some of the replies I get, too, if they're particularly interesting.

I love the fact that you requested that everyone read the entire transcript before commenting, and yet many of them admit all they did was skim it before arguing.

I don't know what I expected, really. This is just the first round, though. Let's see how they deal with my replies.

My first reply from someone who seems to sympathize with me. Kek.

A nice old Jewish lady thanks me for my efforts.

bump for OP

Another person sparring in my corner.

Have reached what appears to be a stalemate with the most aggressive and non-sensical debater so far. Not sure what the fuck he's trying to get at, tbh.

h ttp://slatestarcodex.com/2017/06/08/open-thread-77-25/#comment-508670

Someone who actually thinks the arguments in the film are pretty believable.

So far, there's only been one commenter who appears to be trying (and failing) at making an argument. He's hyper-aggressive, but making no real inroads or offering any counter-evidence. Seems like your typical nerd "grandstanding for other nerds", "look, I went to college!" technique. I argued him down to this:

-t. increasingly nervous man

There's been a few dozen replies since the last comment in my thread, but none of them are addressed to me. It appears the first sally is over for now.

In the meantime, post your favorite awoo and why you hate kikes.

Interesting layout for a discussion board, but god damn that one guy is an autistic ass. "This figure disagrees with the 6 gorillion, so everything you say must be wrong!" Good luck OP, you put a lot of work into this and it shows

They're all somewhere on the spectrum, and in a more literal sense than we are here. Expect a lot more missing the forest for the trees over the weekend.

Thanks!

Case in point.

…though he's not completely autistic. He makes a good point here in defense of me.

That's actually a fair point. I hate trying to follow an argument in a video. Text is much better for that.
Of course, the correct response is that beggars can't be choosers–holohoax exposure materials are illegal in many countries and making them doesn't win you any friends, so you have to take well-argued content where you find it and not fuss too much about the format.

Just want to point out that 8ch has a board (/ratanon/) filled with disaffected lesswrong/SSC commenters. A few are imageboard natives, but they mostly use it as a circlejerk for ideas that they don't want associated with their usernames or shitposting about drama in the "rationalist" community.

Anyway, carry on and keep up the good work. I read that blog regularly and had a good chuckle, half wondering whether the guy who posted that was from Holla Forums or not.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I ended up agreeing with him about choosing the wrong medium for my audience farther down the thread, though. He seems like a cool enough dude.

Well, it wouldn't do much good to make that argument, even though it's true. If it doesn't come from mainstream academia with a triple-sourced bibliography and lots of graphs and tables, it's junk on SSC.

Wait, really? Fuckin' small world. I'll have to check it out, thanks. I wonder if a few of the more chill commenters on SSC like Suntzu hang out there. Pls notice me Suntzu-senpai

Afaik, he mostly shitposts on twitter/tumblr. I'm not really too deep into the community, so I can't identify the posters there just by their writing style like everyone else on that board.

As expected, lots of cognitive dissonance, lots of evading the actual points being made, and plenty of cherry picking of their own. I couldn't believe someone actually criticized the use of Hillberg (while ignoring the breadth of other interrelated work covered by the filmmaker) since Destruction is the consensus recognized gold standard. Another guy basically dismissed the focus on Wiernik's gun testimony as some sort of unfounded obsession of both yours and the filmmaker's. That person either a) didn't understand the argument, b) didn't read the argument, or c) all of the above + has never fired a gun and has no issue with someone's tall tale of being hit with a bullet, taking no damage and then managing to kill the shooter with an axe.

If nothing else, we get to watch some Olympic-tier rationalizing in essentially a laboratory setting. Also, since you did actually mention 8ch, the probability of a stargate situation is non-zero, so we should pre-emptively welcome any rationalfags who find us: Welcome! And don't forget, you're here forever.

Absolutely beautiful work, user, both on the website, and in defending the arguments in the the thread. I'm impressed.

Get them OP, get them good!

God bless him.

I wouldn't call myself deep in the community, but I've been lurking way longer than I've been posting. Basically got stuck in right after he posted his NRx FAQ, since I was an NRxfag back then. Suntzu is one of the few reasons I go to that site anymore. That, and because I enjoy being angry sometimes.

Yeah, not exactly an impressive showing so far.

I mentioned it on the homepage of my site, but did I in the thread? If I did, that was a mistake. Ooops :^)

Thanks! I'm kind of a retard tbh. If there was literally anyone else who I thought might try to redpill these guys, I'd let them handle it. But sometimes you just get the call and you're all there is. Imageboards have taught me never to back down from an argument.

When they do that they're usually trying to tire out the reader to make them give up thinking about this topic, "I don't know" and just sticking to their indoctrination. An effective jewing.

I suppose that could be it, but considering where this discussion is taking place, I'd be willing to bet that he's just severely autistic and can't engage in any kind of argument without laying down an entire book's worth of priors and shit nobody cares about.

Anyway, OP is signing out for the night. The SSC thread is basically dead now that it's past midnight on a weekday, so I'll be back at it tomorrow. I may peek at this thread overnight to make sure it stays bumped, but if it does get deleted just look for a new thread with the same OP image and byline. This argument is going to last for weeks, at least.

And feel free to sign up at SSC and back me up, if you're so inclined. Or not - the level of argument displayed so far gives me confidence that I can hold down all these faggots myself. And that's sad.

slatestarcodex.com/2017/06/08/open-thread-77-25/#comment-508773

The next time you do this, do not inform us of this until after you have finished. I would not characterize what you've done as trolling - you are probably the only person who gave enough of a shit to make a wordpress or whatever account and go post. Moreover, you wrote a transcript of a 4 hour movie, made sure to understand the topic, and went and argued about it.

Also, rationalist communities don't take well to slang-ish speech. Be polite, clear, and concise.

That said, I've lost a massive amount of respect for SSC over this. You put in a lot of work in an effort to make a sincere argument and you got dismissed as a troll. Although seeing a thread here may make someone think that this is an elaborate troll, it is somewhat clear from the context that you are not doing this.

But most importantly…

You have done a bad job here. The people at places like SSC are usually very, VERY concerned about figuring out what is true and what is not - they're not being faggots, and are more likely to be receptive to good arguments for holocaust revisionism. You've made a good point in favor of it, but you did fail to address, properly, the accusation that the movie was cherrypicking.

Realistically, this is actually quite hard in this situation - how can one avoid cherrypicking in a field of cherries? Throwing more and more evidence at someone and being accused of cherrypicking is quite harsh. Indeed, this is a problem with the historical method, and why I, myself, avoid debating history (including the Holocaust) - how do we know that we aren't cherrypicking when acquiring information is difficult? The sheer amount of bullshit and lies surrounding the Holocaust is immense, so we have difficulty proving exactly what happened. How does one determine if a historical text is a forgery? Historians decide whether or not to rewrite history or discard evidence based on what appears to be their feelings.

I argue this: a quick peek at the way History is done suggests that holohoax exposure is insufficient. Rather, denying that the methods of history work as a means of acquiring knowledge seems to be correct.

I was not aware of this wordfilter and I am amused.
polite sage

KEK

Guess that means I win :^)

If Scott is such a giant faggot that he thinks that having any connection to Holla Forums or Holla Forums automatically discredits someone's arguments or that they must be trolling, when I've gone so far out of my way to be polite and considerate that I've metaphorically circumnavigated the earth twice - that's his problem. Holy shit. I mean, I knew the guy was paranoid, but damn.

Good advice, but not nearly as fun. And it's not even as if anyone misbehaved, either. It's pure bigotry, and you know it.

I was all of those things, and they've never shown an aversion to my slang before. Just when I was discussing this topic. Hmm, wonder why that might be?

Man, what the fuck would you have done in my situation? I'm not a scholar, or a respectable person, and I don't pretend to be one and never have. Those fuckers *invited* me to talk about this. And as for the cherrypicking thing, that's not hard to refute at all. All he had to do was come up with counterexamples to show that the guy's field of view was narrow. Boom. Donezo. I wouldn't even have been mad, I'm after the truth here.

Even if I was interested in making that kind of argument, it's too late, now, huh? Maybe if you want to take a stab at it. You're obviously tight enough with them that you could.

That link is broke with one italicized character.

Be careful user be claims he's a jew.

nice to see you delivered OP
i was the frog who tried to help you a little last week on your first thread.
I'll read all this rn, but for the moment i can only give you a bump.
continue with the good work, we all thank you for the time you spent to redpill the bourgeois normies, it's a lot of work you have done here.

Don't hesitate to ask for our help if needed, you proved you were legit.

Bump for OP getting banned from a "little boy appreciating" autist's blog

I'm glad you finally did it you mad NEET.

Intellectual circles are full of fags.

What a fag. Op for once delivered, and some subversive kike had to go and tattle that op posts here. That said, op, next time try to go about these things lone wolf, and bring just the scalps here for us.

OP here. After having some time to sleep on the matter, I've decided that while my project didn't end as intended, some good will still come of it.

First off, the creation of the transcript and my website was a fun experience, if occasionally frustrating. I'm still going to make it available to the public, but on a different domain, when I can find one that is free and that I can trust. I'll let you all know when that happens. It may take a while, since I'm gonna be taking a break from all this shit. I'm kind of exhausted tbh. In the meantime, I'll be taking it down from 000webhost, because as another user pointed out in the other thread, their service is shit and the domain is an eyesore. But while I'm looking for another place to host my site, you guys can have copies of the files. Anyone with any technical expertise whatsoever can no doubt make a better website than I can, and I look forward to seeing the transcript get copied up to other places. Here's the MEGA link:
mega.nz/#!H0MgiaCC!UcFwRoz59PC8dFKO4c2whT5P0GRWE2EP9s13dYkGP_M

It's not very big. Most of the volume is just .pngs. All you'll need to do to make it work on another host is find+replace on the image and css file urls. The images and thumbnails are all labeled with a timestamp from where in the video I took the screenshot, for convenience.

Here's a link to a HQ copy of "One-Third of the Holocaust" to go along with it:
mega.nz/#!H9EHnAZD!isZrvG_BvrJxDyyLA-n6X_j0Cr2aFBUfnda3vzLXOjk

Second of all, while I actually became pretty optimistic at the chance for real dialogue with the commenters at SSC for a moment, seeing them drop me like a used tissue the moment they found out I just so happen to post on an ebul nahzee forum was a much-needed reality check. Turns out most of you, and my inner conscience, were right. There are no friends in the culture war. Lookin' at you, Said. You knew where I came from this whole time. You could have decided not to help me waaay back before this all began. But you just wanted to look good to your fellow ass-lickers, huh? What a fuckin' shame.

Anyway, this will be my final bump. I've made this same post in the other thread. Thank you all for your support, and remember: the truth fears no investigation.

P.S. Fuck flood detection.

I appreciate your efforts.

Fucking sad, really. If I were a user there, I'd be pretty livid since the last time I checked "I don't like you/where you are from" is not part of any rational or logical argument.
Of course, we all know that it's just an excuse to stop discussion of (((that which must not be questioned))).

Interesting.

EVERY MOTHER FUCKING TIME. I'm EVEN NOTICING IT IN MY LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES. I FORWARDED THE INFO TO MY SMALL TIME POLICE FORCE, AND THEY ARE LOOKING INTO IT BECAUSE THEY ARE BORED

I fucking called it. I knew that kike wouldn't let that shit go unchecked. His (((ancestral))) urge to
SHUT IT DOWN
is too much for him to deny.
From what I've seen a good portion aren't rational at all and they suffer from a horrible case of namefaggotry.