I just don't see the appeal. Is there something I'm missing?

I just don't see the appeal. Is there something I'm missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
youtu.be/NHIkUzmNmc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Other good exclusives
:^)

It's like Dark Souls, but with blander setting, less content, poor equipment variety and dumbed down "offense is defense" hack and slash combat system.

Nice try Carlos, but that was a pretty poor attempt.

I'm trying my best ;_;

Too bad you just can't hack it.

It's basically just Fast Souls with more blood and less (but broken) magic, what's there to understand?

Sometimes your best just isn't good enough. If you're here, I'm guessing that your best is never enough.

Just wait for NIOH. I have a PS4 and didn't care for this. There is a demo coming in August.

I see the appeal, but it's not $400+ worth of appeal.

I say wait for the PS4 emulator

Worth $60, not worth $460 when you include the hardware security dongle.

This is one of the biggest shitposting magnets on the board and OP is shitposting, what's there to understand?

lol

You don't like a game. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less

It's a shit game tbh. How could a company make a clone of their own games?

Still less bugs and blatantly unfinished levels than Dank Souls though.

Balls

Your sense of taste.

Epic sagerino, my reddit friend.

It has the best atmosphere, lore, and boss fights of the entire series. I'd argue that the gameplay is better, but I personally prefer the slower combat. Fuck it. Hijacking this shit thread with a question, how the hell do you beat the Orphan of Kos? I can get him down to his second phase, but there doesn't seem to be an actual strategy to it.

Nice try Quadruplenigger

Is this sarcastic? Dark Souls is a clone of Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls is a AAA reboot of King's Field. Most people dislike Bloodborne because it isn't a clone of muh DaS.

You can parry your way through the first phase until you get the second phase's attack signaling down, a lot of his animations are meant to fake out where he's actually going.

Are you kidding me? King's Field is a Ultima Underground ripoff with shitty controls and a shitload of framerate drops, retard.

Feels more like reboot tbh.

Not an EXACT clone you mean.

Dear god I hope you are shitposting

The second phase just seems so fucking random. I usually get killed by his three (?) hit combo or that move where he drags the placenta along the ground. Maybe I should come back after I level up. I think I'm in the 70's.

He is.

Decent combat, good enemy design, god tier art direction, elder god tier music, good setting, decent story

Like any game by From Software, you have to like the taste of shit.

I hope YOU are shitposting.

You're gay.

pics related
youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
please show me a song that you think is better at the same style
I don't think you followed what it was actually about, so I'm gonna summarize it for you:

Everything I just listed is told without explicit dialogue or text, it's all done through environmental storytelling. The way you're meant to interpret it is that the church discovered aliens long ago (docile alien behind church) and wanted to be more like them. Because each of the actual aliens are so vastly different, it's clear that these aren't just a singular species but rather individually evolved from each other. The same is somewhat true about werewolves themselves, as they can very quite a bit from one another. With the blood of aliens, people evolve on an individual basis and the kind of person they are determines how they evolve (beastly men turn into beasts, enlightened men turn into ascended creatures). The church wanted to make everyone like the gods they worshipped while the scholars only wanted the enlightened to ascend. The ignorant masses turned into beasts, and while the church tried to cover this up as it happened on a small scale (Old Yharnam burned and forgotten), it obviously could not be contained. The entire point of the game is that the alien on the moon was manipulating the hunters into killing another great one, which was the invisible thing guarding the invisible baby. That great one had impregnated the queen of Yharnam and used its baby's cries in a ritual to lull the moon closer so that its kin could find a new home on earth. However the moon forces those infected with the alien blood that the church has been giving everyone into evolution, thus causing the plague of beasts.

now tell me why the story wasn't at least decent. I don't think it was amazing, but it was definitely good and did a far better job than the vast majority of games at "showing, not telling". You can be illiterate, deaf, and skip all cutscenes and you'd still get a pretty decent story from the game if you take the time to think about everything you see rather than just running to the next area.

also I don't mean to come off as a sonygger, Bloodborne is one of my least favorite in the series of "souls" games (just above DaS2 and below 3), and it absolutely is not worth buying a $400 Bloodbornebox for, but if these games were all on PC and never became popular on reddit then Holla Forums would suck their dicks far more than they do for games like E.Y.E. or Dragon's Dogma.

Shitty console hack 'n slash overhyped by Sonydrones because they have no other decent exclusives to play.

For those who don't know this means waking up from the nightmare with no memories of what happened.
The hunt will start over and a new hunter will be brought into the nightmare. The doll can even be found by a new grave stating that there once was a hunter just like you.

Also it happens to the best character in the game. The only character who can offer you information on what happened to the town and what caused everything, instead you find him completely fucked beyond belief and the only thing you can do is end his lunatic misery.

MEME GAME

You get hister cred by playing them

U jelly mustard Ray man? Now who is it that have no games? Enjoy being a mustard Ray you silly little boys in in meantime I am play bloodborne and infamous 2 and laugh at you! Soon i play bloodborne 2 then I laugh even more! Who has all the games now?
Not the mustard Ray men, that much for certain.

FILTHY DUMB MUSTARD RAY SCUM

A brain, a dick and a heart.

I never cared for dark souls, but I found bloodborne pretty awesome. Tried dark souls 2 after the fact, but it seems like I need to have mastered the first to know anything about the second, while in bloodborne some things from demon souls carried over but it was mostly"new" stuff.

Aren't these threads just for baiting the anti fun console wars cucks into having autistic episodes?

Hey, speak of the devil.

Sonyggers will defend this shit with their dying breath. They have nothing else to defend on their $400 mistake.

The enemies look too over the top and the setting is your generic brothers grimm era pestilence plagued western europe. Nowhere near bad, but not god tier either.

It's a mediocre post romanticism music. It's mediocre because it lacks dynamic, lacks memorable passages, lacks any good direction, the chorus is simply a mess, etc. Overall, the composition is a loud mess. I'm really not a big fan of post romantic music, but even Call of Duty 1 and 2 have better range of dynamic. If you like that kind of music, then Prokofiev, Bartok, Wagner, and other famous late 19th-early 20th big orchestra musicians are the right musicians for you. Also see 2001: Space Odyssey score.

Yeah, no. It's garbage. Insequential wonders after wonders with no truly interesting things happening in between. Environmental storytelling means there are way too much symbolism.

And this is a bad thing? Knights and dreglings gets pretty old after three games. There are a rather small variety of enemies though. The DLC adds some interesting ones, but I think the other games surpass it.

I suggest you listen to the entire soundtrack and some of the behind the scenes stuff like this youtu.be/NHIkUzmNmc0

The chorus isn't all over the place in the slightest. Some of it is in Latin and directly references the events or details about the bosses. Things about the blood, the church, the cosmos, etc. Funny that you mention 2001, but fail to appreciate the score for the Living Failures. It's an obvious nod to Mars by Gustav Holst. I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about.

The cutscenes and some of the item descriptions essentially tell you all you need to know, albeit vaguely. You haven't played it right?

At least for me. I didn't say that it's bad. It's great, better than Souls, but imo it's not god tier.

I've played the game.

Nah. Told you, I don't like post romantic background music.

It's not about the language or the intonations. The composition is just a mess.

No, I don't buy DLC's. And I don't even like 2001's score, but it sure does sound similar.

Yeah, I can see that, but Mars is a lot better. 2010 was the first time I listened to Mars, and it just stuck in my head in a second. This one is a poor ripoff.

Like I gave a shit though? It's not Edgar Allan Poe, it's shit.

I mean the other scores, not the living failure one.

Bloodborne looks neat when you play through it the first time and then you just get tired of how busy and overdesigned everything is. Or I guess overdesigned is the wrong term because it starts to seem like the devs just shat random things together when its not "generic large doglike monster".

Same thing with the combat, it feels great and its really fun, but you get 3 hours into the game and you realize its the same boring thing you've done the entire time and every single weapon plays the exact same way meaning there is no incentive to try to find new weapons and there is no incentive to try something new. And the combat already feels dull at that point.

I've never liked the music in Souls its just not my thing. I'm not the type to go on youtube to search for "epic theme with chorus", but that's not BB specific so who cares.

And as usual with all the Souls games the story is just window dressing and literally who cares its garbage and that's fine.

I would say to rush at him in his second phase, but that's hard to do when he's faster than you are. Keep your distance when it uses its projectiles and rush in when you see it use one of its slower attacks.

Fair enough. I can agree with it not being god tier, but I just found what you said as a silly reason to knock it. You could have said that they reuse a lot of them, like the villagers or the dogs.

I wouldn't call it that exactly, but to each their own. I personally find it incredible. There are many thing BB does wrong, but the soundtrack is not one of them. I can easily listen to it and instantly think of the boss/area or how it matches up with the tone/lore of whatever encounter.

You're going to have to elaborate a bit more on this. I thought everything in the score was deliberate as it all matches up with the fight or certain areas of the game. I love Ludwig, the Holy Blade track because it captures everything about his character. Ludwig regains his composure for a brief moment and fights you as he would if he were still human. Now if you're speaking of the musical composition, then we're going to go at it because I can get down to the smallest details as well.

Then you're missing out here. Why not watch the boss fights and see for yourself how the music fits perfectly with it all. My only complaint would be that you have to turn down the sound of the game effects to really appreciate it since some of the bosses wail and scream all the fucking time.

Then how can you blame the game if you're not interested in looking a bit further than the surface level? Hell, even the NPC's, (Simon, The Doll, Gehrman), fill you in on pretty much everything. The rest, as the other guy said, is in the environment. Maybe I'm a bit biased since I'm a Lovecraft fan, but I think there was a lot of care and attention to detail in creating the world of Bloodborne. Much more than the other entries without a doubt.

Bad overdesign can be an issue. It leaves less impression in mind.

About that particular track? It's mostly about the instrumentation. The cymbal and dramatic strings hurt the aesthetics. I don't know if it's the composer or the conductor's fault, but the arrangement makes them sound annoying and out of place. It's hard to find the tonal center of the music. Try this Bach piece, it's a different genre, it's much simpler, but the aesthetics is really well done.

No.

Because it's a generic low quality video game story, okay. I don't watch all the cutscenes, but they don't capture much of my interest.

This is how I know this is bait.

Are you talking about the track for Ludwig or Laurence? Either way, I completely disagree. In the case of Ludwig, the tone can be described as both majestic and violent. With Ludwig, you have a legendary hero who lost his humanity and fell into madness. That piece is a juxtaposition of those two sides of him. This is a video game where you are moving fast and aggressive, so of course it's not going to be as slow paced as some classical compositions. However, like with some of Bach's work, the tracks in BB are telling a story, but they are also allowing you to experience it. The songs may fluctuate or grow in intensity as the fight naturally progresses. You would know that if you weren't such a faggot.

I'm not sure you know what that means outside of your memes.

Listen to Ludwig, the Holy Blade from :30 to 1:50 that says it all. If you can't pick up that much, you might be musically retarded.

Alright, you had me going for awhile there. And I just noticed your posts. "Aesthetics" was the one major flag, but now I see. You're not just a pleb, but a moron as well. I'm not even a sonypony, but fuck you for pretending that you have any clue what you're talking about.

If you like Lovecraft and would prefer a faster pace to the standard Souls gameplay then you will probably like Bloodborne. If not then you're out of luck.

It's the game they should have just ported to PC rather than Dark Souls 3.

The rest was opinion, but this part is just wrong. Different weapons require HUGELY different playstyles, especially if you make use of the trick attacks. The only weapons that play almost the same is the Saw Blade and the Saw Spear. Everything else is way way different.

LOL

Unfortunately you're right, Bloodborne has a massive amount of problems, horrible load times, lack of playstyles, and generally bland armor. The worst PvP system in any souls game too.
But you'll just see defense about how it's actually the best game ever and if you disliked it you never actually played it.
I used to think "christ I really wish people would stop with the Souls Defense Force Meme" but bloodborne is a prime example of it. Anything you bring up is quickly dismissed as "nastry troll who must be ding dong bannu'd"

And the Greatsword, and the twin blades, and the kirkhammer, and the cane, and the bowblade, and the beastclaw, and the koph parasite, and the other 6 trick weapons I forgot about because they're really generic, and the Axe, and the Whirlgig saw, and the boomhammer.
The "trick" attacks don't really change how you play at all, you still go for the exact same openings, attack the exact same parts, attack the exact same way because ranged/magic might as well not be in the game for how useless it is compared to melee. Only difference between weapons is how many attacks you can get in during openings, how much beasthood they give with the transform attacks, and damage type.
It's the same problem that all souls games have, they're just samey as shit.

Sounds like you're told pretty regularly how stupid you are. If you want people to believe you've played the game, you should probably know the names of the damn weapons next time.

Generally hugging his left arm will keep you reletively safe through both phases. He is so erratic that this is easier said than done, but when it works it is almost like he is trying to not hit you. Still use your best judgement when closing the distance and attacking.
Hopefully you have a heavy weapon that does physical damage. He has alot of arcane resist, and a bit of fire and lightning resist with blood and physical being tied for the lowest. He staggers after 3 to 4 hits from LHB for me which can be a real life saver as it gives him a moment of predictability for a second.
Phase two is incredibly manic, his combos become alot tighter and unpredictable. EX: his normal cuhrazy combo immediately followed by him jumping back and carpet bombing with his placenta bombs.
When he starts howling in phase 2 either get as far away from momma Kos as possible or time a backstab to land as soon as he stops screaming. He is invulnerable to backstabs while screaming so the timing has to be precise. Either way lightning will strike Kos' corpse and radiate from it. If you're far away from it it will deal minimal damage or miss entirely. Of course if you pull off a backstab the i-frames will protect you.

The wording here implies the church founded the clinic. Isoefka's imposter is from the church, but acting independently. Isoefka definitely gets replaced and turned into an ayy over the course of the night.

This is now true
Everything else is to be released titles and many of them will surely have a PC port sooner or later.

but all the pc ports are shit :^)

Absolutely no fun allowed