Complain about grind in an mmo

I don't understand how anyone can consider grind to be hardcore or difficult in any way.

Why are you playing it?

Just don't play.

They are tuned to the very idea that a grind is actually okay in games.

Fuck off, retard.

i don't get how people can sit through hours of tedium just so they can get a few hours of fun at the end which they'll get bored of and go to bitching on the forums for the new content to hurry up that they'll burn through in a few days and call the game shit.

Grind is ok if the grind itself is a fun activity.
Grinding to get to the fun is pointless.

This, people who complain about grinding are classic noobs. But if the game really is bad then don't play it.

RNG is a classic way to make faggots feel as if they're progressing after doing such hard work (killing the same shitty enemies over and over) due to the amount of time it took. Of course even this illusion fails if it takes to long, because instead of triggering satisfaction once you get it all the person reacts with is "About fucking time" and moves on.

Grinding well made is really satisfying. Getting more and more powerful to surpass the same obstacle which put you in a halt some levels earlier is inspiring, and lets you wanting more. You feel that you character is actually TRAINING to get BETTER.

Can MMO's do grinding well? I don't think so. If you can get ANY shortcut via investing money, instead of time and/or clever strategy and minmaxing, you are doing it wrong.

MMO's are shit anyway. They are just huge timesinks with very little actual difficult. I am not going to follow a build. And coming up with my own is always worse than the few OP builds that everybody plays.

MMOs post-WoW are just chatrooms with a skinner-box stuck on top. There are a few exceptions (GW1, EVE, SWG) but that's about it.

GW1 wasn't like this.

When "grind" is fun, it's just gameplay.

MMO's that focus on leveling instead of gameplay and content are all trash

don't play MMO's, faggot

10+ replies to finally get the correct one.

Shame on you, Holla Forums

kill yourself fedorado

warframe

It's the sort of investment cocaine. "I put a bunch of time into this, so you should have to also!". The "pay your dues" sort of thing.

Instead of having a game with actually fun and interesting interactions, it's instead replaced by an arbitrary time sink, which is then used to justify the seniority-priority style of rewards. "I was here longer, so I deserve it."

Generally the trick in MMOs is not so much getting good at the combat, per se, but utilising it as optimally as possible. Stuff like finding a mob that gives the best exp, learning to round up spawns and work them down as quickly as possible. Its about being better with management rather than direct combat.

Pretty much all MMOs fall short when it comes to general overworld combat, though. Its usually much more engaging when it comes to raids and shit since its not always straightforward.

Weeaboos casuals always use memes they dont understand and use it wrongly

Because they are retards

Its that simple

The fuck is "grinding"?
Why do you grind?
Are you ever forced to grind?
How about you give some examples when you actually have to grind?
Is actually playing game grind?
Is replaying the same levels just to get rare item, that you can do without grind?
Why are you even trying to get this item then? To look pretty? Well that's a fair game I say, you gotta put effort to be special snowflake you want. Otherwise you don't need to.

I dunno faggots, I'm guessing it's the case of

ok

Lol, have you ever tried one these shitty MMO games or are you just retarded?

The entire concept of games like Runescape and Wurm are centered around grinding.

Yes a few.
Just by playing story mode and taking a few quests along the way you'll be getting enough gear and XP to complete said story.
Then you play some "end-game" dungeons where you team up with other players and take on huge ass bosses.
Never I actaully needed that turbo-rare end-game gear that other players spend months grinding for.
Why do they do that? To brag about it? Well it's their right to do so.
Game give you the option, but doesn't force you in any way.

Well those two I didn't play. Are you actually forced to replay content to proceed? If so, I think those are bad games.

Grinding is padding, no getting around that. Why balance a game properly when you could just bullshit about lack of gear/level?
There are genres that under faggot grinders would be classified as "instant gratification".
I believe a fighting game is getting flack for introducing lite rpg elements. Sure a fightingfag will chime in for that. But grinding is a facade for achievement over actual skill/merit.
If you think grinding is okay than Im sure that a game like DMC would be great if it had a leveling system…

What?

I agree that grind is not hardcore or difficult in anyway, for MMOs at least.

But I must say that in games other than MMOs, this could be said to mean that you are at a level where you do not need to grind any more unless you are so shit that you literally can not progress until you reached a level where you could spam basic attacks and still win.

Like Dark Souls for example.

People complain about grinding in Dark Souls, but I lost tons of souls all the time to stupid deaths and I still beat the whole game without grinding at all. If you need to grind to get anywhere in Dark Souls, you really do need to "git gud".

Pretty sure he's complaining about mindless hundreds of hours of grinding. Not just playing a game a bit more to get something.

Fuck, ignore the

I feel exactly the same about pretty much all turnbased JRPGs, though many don't exactly require grinding, their combat just feels the same no matter what enemy you are facing and its plain fucking boring

Or just as common

If you're into this, start lifting weights. Exact same thing.

Sounds like DayZ.

I see you've only played mmos made post Cataclysm

It depends on a few things
IF
And
Then that is a valid point. It is even stronger if
Andoror

If any of those 3 key points are missing, then a large grind wall is not excusable.

One example of a game that matches the 3 key points to a greater or lesser extent would be Warframe; I cannot think of a game I've played that firmly does all 5.