America is being designed as a cultural powerhouse in Civ VI

What the fuck is Firaxis thinking? Did the lead developer hit his head before they started brainstorming?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikigallery.org/wiki/artist59602/Russian-School/page-1
youtube.com/watch?v=gPe5Cbnbwng
hrcak.srce.hr/90884
anthropology.tamu.edu/papers/Yoder-PhD2006.pdf
estudogeral.sib.uc.pt/bitstream/10316/8072/1/obra.pdf
hrcak.srce.hr/file/134425
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cultural marxism.

lol

And feminism, blm, liberalism, veganism, and other bs. I say its pretty apropos.

It was created by Marx and the Soviets. Ergo, America still has no culture.

The Tomb Raider review was superior to everything else he has done.

Shekels ain't free. Road to profit should be lined with pleasured consumers…

i'm not good with engrish

Wrong thread?

Shit, shit, shit, half of the games are objectively worse in gameplay than the other half, that is, 4-6.

nope, why?

American is a cultural powerhouse.
Shit Britain finally grew a dick by imitating america and telling the EU to fuck off.

>American is a cultural powerhouse.

Why shouldn't their game reflect real life?
American culture is the single most dominant culture in the world, it's hard to find countries without American influence.

Please let this happen.

Always entertaining

user, what is it like having objectively bad taste?

I still miss Fitz

me too

I'm not familiar with the Civ games, does this upset the game's balance or something? because otherwise it just sounds like a bunch of Yuropoors with sour grapes whining that their countries aren't nearly as culturally important in this modern world as America is and has been for almost a century

F

Who was behind the camera?

Fuck you

Almost certainly not. America tends to be a decent generalist nation, roughly mid-tier, in all of the launch Civilizations. They tend to drop to low tier when the expansions come out.

Rome is the one that starts out unbalanced as fuck but usually trails off to medium or high tier as the expansions roll out. Even in BTS, Praetorians cleaned house and no other Civ could touch them in the Classical Era.

Sid Meier's has a massive hard-on for all things Roman.

Better that than Africa.

As an irrelevant third world nation, murrikan culture is influential as fuck.

Capitalism =/= culture

You can stop pretending to be retarded now, Holla Forums.

Doesn't culture come from history? Those things that were used to describe America's culture are all from the last 100 years.

What is american culture anyways? Fast food? jeans?

I know mexican culture is burritos, tortillas and sombreros, nip is anime and sushi. I think cowboy stuff is american culture.

No culture comes from the interactions, customs, beliefs, and ideas held by a group of people.

Man, that was the best culture. Red Dead Redemption 2 when?

Kill yourself.

The United States had a culture. They had one of the best in the world, actually, between the Great Depression and WWII. The men were hard working, the women were intelligent, and the children weren’t coddled and materialistic.
Notice how this is when the USA was in a state of isolationism. They preserved their culture. Meanwhile, Germany was rolling over Europe and Britain and France are begging for US aid. America, being, isolationist, refused.
Then the Japanese attacked and Britain cheered the attack on American soil.
When the war ended, the US had a choice: become isolationist again or act as the leader over war-ravaged Europe. America made the choice that was good for Europe but bad for it. The United States sacrificed its culture to become a superpower.
The United States sacrificed its culture to help Europe rebuild, and in the meantime it became a world power as most of Europe was devastated by war. Europe is the reason America has become what it has.
The next time a European whines to you about the superficiality, stupidity, and arrogance of American lifestyle encroaching on Europe, remember that Europe is the reason that the United States abandoned its culture and morality.

I don't know about this. It's factually true because these things are based out of america and they influence the lives of people everywhere even in small amounts but it seems degrading when you compare it to culture of every other nation which is rooted in centuries of history.
America's real actual culture, the thing they built up as an identity of their nation, is freedom and libertarianism, and those don't even exist anymore, cultural identity is at the whims of capitalists.

he was too good for this world ;_;7

I miss Fitz

Yurocucks still mad their country is getting taken over by Goat fucking terrorists

ITT: anons demonstrate their lack of experience with 19th century literature
Not that that qualifies America as a cultural powerhouse but god damn anons, come on.

I want newfags to go ASAP

What are they smoking?

American UA is called Founding Fathers and actually seems to reflect that. It enhances and amplifies culture gain allowing you to build a stronger government, faster.

The cultural dominance kicks in in the late industrial era with the Film Lot. So, yeah, movies will let you take over the world.

THE JOKES JUST KEEP ROLLING IN

But of course Yurocucks also fail to remember America had over half the entire planets total GDP immediately after WWII ended

And Americanism spread through capitalism

And the American film industry

And the frontier

And the colonial and revolutionary eras

And there are countless examples of Americana through music, folklore, and so on from rural states

Sorry faggots, the elites have always defined a nations culture, this has been the case since ancient Rome, when government officials put it upon themselves to promote Paganism and omission temples to be built. In ancient China where record keeping, language, and architectural styles were considered culturally significant to preserve

Interesting enough, by the 1890s America had the largest industrial output in the world.

America IS a cultural powerhouse. It may be shitty culture, but it's still culture. Hollywood is the prime example.

eeh wash your teeth I can smell the bacon trough the screen

Trump supports interventionism, though. Why are you being such a pro-altright cuck right now?

And most of the world wasn't even aware of this fact yet until retrospectives came around about the industrial revolution in the mid 20th century

There has been no country in history before or since that has had the sheer strength, power, and influence over the entire planet that America had in the mid 20th century

Today China is catching up and we're not that influential anymore do to development in Asian countries but we're still the wealthiest nation on Earth. All we need to pick up the slack again is people like Trump and NOT the democrats and cuckservatives who spend more time talking about aiding other countries than putting America first

Yeah, right after he builds his wall and keeps Muslims out, he plans on maintaining neutrality in the middle east AND towards Russia/North Korea. Thats why liberal brainwashing tabloids are interpreting this as saying bullshit like North Korea endorsing Trump, these people do not understand neutrality.

But, yeah, America should be an industrial capital.
That's what caused most our boom.

it's a core tenet of leftism.

you are either against me or with me till my feelings say otherwise.

You can stop pretending, now, hakeem. Papa Roach is probably calling you.

Trump was against attacking Iraq and Libya, if i recall correctly.

He wants to maintain neutrality. He is against pursuing Rissia too That user was just shitposting

Personally, I eat turkey. Bacon is shit-tier.

slabo.

I'm on to you, Achmed.

All the shit from music and politics are heavily influenced by american stuff worldwide.

You're a butthurt yuro.

Turkey =/= Turkey, user.
One is delicious, the other stole Constantinople.

Pick one and only one.
Muricans on this board will try to tell you hard work, strong families etc are culture. They technically are, but here's the thing: nobody plays civilization for that. They play for tangible creations, monuments, artstyles various creations created in the days of yore. You don't play Egypt for their family life, but Pyramids. You play as Romans for their aestetics. etc. It's basically a game for larping where you pick a nation for the gimmick you like. America lacks in this department greatly. It doesn't have gimmicks Civilization games need. So pushing it feels forced as fuck.

But then again
A good way to gauge culture is to see what kind of transcendental art it's produced. Lets put that to the test on Europe: Italy gave us renaissance, Germany mastered Gothic architecture like no one else. England birthed Victorian aestetics. What about America? Which great new painting or architectural styles did they invent? None? Then they surely one upped Beethoven? Oh. So, I'll say it again - America doesn't have a real culture yet, only a bastardization of European values.

*Istanbul

Daily reminder that is you cucks who got us into this problem in the first place.

American here.

I wasn't even aware we HAD a culture. I always thought it was just marketting.

Eh, I don't know if I'd go that far. Especially considering most media whatnot is very American-based. Books, too, are a pretty big American thing.
As far as architecture, there was the whole big awesome towers thing. But they didn't last very long.

America invented film, though. And video games. And television. Oh, and the phonograph. And the telephone.

This

It's baffling just how many people repeat the meme that America has no culture

Americans ruin everything like Pizza.

I mean, you can claim video games aren't art, but you'd have an uphill battle to say the same about film.

Yes, yes it actually is

And so is capitalism you twat

As I said before in my previous posts, the elites have always been the ones who maintained a nations culture, since the ancient Romans and Chinese this has been the case

Movies are. TV is, too, I would say. Certainly video games are art

How would you describe American culture?

Sadly they are, on an abstract way.

Plebs, all of you.

Fat lousy and dumb

see

1.speaking english on mongolian knitting forums

Yeah, that'd describe American culture fifty years ago.
But what's left of American culture today?

Internet

Jewish media

Oh, don't be so smug, Rome, you created a new form of art, too!

Rome pioneered the Liber, AKA book, which is far more effective and engaging than using scrolls. More portable, as well!

the only thing you have to do to prove that America has a dominant culture is to ask what the only uniform language you're required to speak as an international aircraft pilot or air traffic manager.

The fuck does that even mean?

Most of what you'd describe as "European culture" would probably describe it well over 100 years ago

American culture today is remnants of its gilded age, the same as any other nation. We're a nation of paranoid maniacs, Jewish media, and leftist faggots who fucking hate this country but want to run it into the ground anyways instead of moving somewhere else

But America was still the most powerful nation in history

Please explain what you think European culture is today

Rome was more powerful than America.

Judaism.

If we look into Chink or Persian Civilizations, there gardening is an art more important than painting. Persian culture thrived on the architecture-writing-gardening trinity. West went a different route, instead defining itself thru architecture-painting-music. Most notably, Gothic, Baroque, Romantic classical.

If we look at America, they copied all of those from Europe, some being pretty good imitators, but never went further, blazing their own way. US mussed around with books out of all things, but European nor American soul ever created a real transcendent work here. German Faust still is the undisputed pinnacle of western writing. What else? Technology? Capitalism? Not transcendent. Try again. Film? Jewish degeneracy and as a form with no agency from the viewer, the most un-western "artform" that exists.

One could argue Art Deco was the only thing that America started pioneering (after it was invented in France) but it got quickly drop, leaving us with a barren wasteland of culture.

Rome could never have dreamed of gaining even a quarter of the worlds industrial output and GDP, much less well over half of the entire planets that America had

America has lots of culture, but it's the shittiest in the world and so shit it might as well not have any

There is American Culture, from the likes such as Walt Disney and Henry Ford, and then there is "American Culture" From board rooms full of people with a lot of -stein -berg -blatt and -mann suffixes in Surnames

Frankly after Civ V and Beyond Earth I'm done with Firaxis. I find it interesting that they're claiming Civ VI won't be total dogshit or flat out broken at launch like every other Firaxis game has been.

(presumed) individuality
strong immediate family bonds
a willingness to do things against the wishes of others
low population density
hi-tech solutions to non-problems and small inconveniences
kludges and workarounds for any and all serious issues

Remember when Civ IV launched and people looked longingly back at Civ III's combat? Good times.

So is 2 the best Civ

Nice chip on your shoulder. Pay no attention to the mudslide that is europe. Keep wagging the dog.

alpha centauri is superior,

I'd say that or Civ V, honestly. Brave New World fixed some of the long standing issues with the game. In particular, it made other victory types competitive- war was the only way in older games.

I can't play Alpha Centauri or Call to Power anymore, sadly. It's the UI, I get a headache navigating it.

But they need you. They look up to you.

the fuck is that thing in green on the top left? spock?

Also, Alien Crossfire is the WORST expansion for any Civ game unless we're counting Colonization for Civ IV.

We all do, user, we all do

I thought Brave New World was just a meme but I guess not

It really isn't. It makes a cultural victory actually viable and powerful if you play it right. Enjoy watching the most powerful military force in the world get tied down due to barbarian rebels spawning near the capital and happiness cutting their power in half and reinvigorates the late game.

Seriously, I go back and play Civ IV and all interest peters out by the Industrial Era. Global Warming and the UN don't really help matters.

Also, there are a lot of small but meaningful changes Civ V makes that people don't talk about. Combat is no longer to the death so a small veteran force can punch way above its weight. Science is separated from currency and linked to population so growth is generally good. Gold is more meaningful since it can be used to rush buy from the beginning. You spend fewer production cycles on units so you have more time for empire building unless you're ultra aggressive.

Work six to ten hours a day for half a year, two months specialized work for my aristocrat. The rest spent on feasts and maybe even travel now that it ain't a luxurious thing. Multi generational household, traditional mass every Sunday and no politics or wars I should be invested in.

tfw family didn't get me a waifu for my 16th birthday
tfw spinning Jenny really did ruin everything

Nothing you posted has anything to do with culture.

Most of popular media in the last hundred years or so. I don't see how America wouldn't be considered a cultural powerhouse.

Some people are just salty about Jews and Capitalism I think. They don't like how influential American culture has been compared to what they would consider "real culture", so they want to make it go away.

It really is kikes trying to play both sides, first using the
Meme, then when people say US has a major influence on world culture call them kikes! It's too obvious.

If they want to keep the trend of Civ5 i can understand why making america a cultural powerhouse.Tourism, which is just culture, and influence.
The problem is they gained so much influence thanks to the war,not for particular merits, the game should try to represent this, give cultural advantage for war.

Airplanes, Internet, Freedom and Peanut Butter, bitch

Checkmate.

clever

lol

True,even if there were thousands of people already doing it all around the world.From the French to even Brazilian.
Englishman
For kikes
Monkey food

The only cultural thing of relevance that came from USA is Nolan.

It's disputable considering art is subjective. Faust is cliche, it's faux-intellegent, you can say all sorts of shit to shit on an ARTIST.

But an invention? No. An inventor? sure.

But you cannot dispute that the Airplane, the Phone, the Internet and such did not have an impact on the world, because it has and it STILL does.

What is "transcendant"? A book on philosphy? A play? Music? hardly.

the only thing that is transcendant is are the things we make to transcend our basic functions as human beings.

To extend our distance in which another can hear us speak, to fly in the sky, to meld the human conciousness, to replace and improve limbs, to heal the damaged and to improve, to live longer then we normally do, to depict things with perfect clarity, and to store our memories in physical reality, outside of the mind.

This is transcendence. A man can spout words to entertain, to educate, but words alone do not transcend, it's the technology that you produce with action that allows us to.

You are a pretencious retard who will lie and lie to look good.

That's basic bitch behavior. please do not be a basic bitch.

How would you DEFINE your culture, then?

Admirable, bu mistaken. He's half britbong, and Burgeristan started out as 13 British colonies, that were later hijacked by the freemasons, and grow over that continent like a cancer.

AYO HOL UP
*tips fedora*
YOU SAYIN'
*redefines words*
EVERYTHANG IS SUBJECTIVE?
*acts like a nigger*
WE WUZ POST MODERNIST N' SHIIIET

Hijacked…like a plane?

Aye… And now we have to crash the world they've built… WITH NO SURVIVORS!

i like how people think the entire war wasnt orchestrated by jews

No, I'm saying that the shitstain on the wall or some fucking book is subjective, you retarded nigger.

You can't say that the internet didn't do shit, you can't say that the invention of airplanes didn't do shit, that the invention of film didn't have an impact (documentation shit) etc etc,

Faust made books, not inventions. His books didn't even educate.

I mean here I am telling a fedora fucker that he's fucking retarded because his excuse for hating on Film is just "da joos ur in film so film's bad".

Just fucking jews. not even a good reason, he just doesn't like the shitty films, so it's all jews.

You can't say that it's not ridiculous here.

fucking dumbasses all up in here.

Which war? World War I? That was caused by secret treaties and business as usual turning into business as unusual due to advances in technology.

World War II? If it was orchestrated by the Jews, that means Hitler was a Jewish puppet.

Or maybe da Joos are just a scapegoat for problems that are a hell of a lot more complex than a single solution. If you weren't blaming the Jews or Niggers you'd be blaming the British or the Irish or the Slavs.

Movies, television, music, technology, food, video games. You can go to China, Germany, Australia, Argentina and Haiti, and you will find all of those things from the USA competing with local culture.

Pretty sure Goebbels outright stated that if the Jews didn't exist, he would have invented them. Blame all the world's problems on random people so you don't have to actually deal with them yourself, then wonder why killing Jews doesn't magically solve all your problems.

hitler was indeed a jewish puppet

You have brain damage.

It's clear that you have brain damage, because if you had read past my one post, you'd have had the context to know that you're firing at the wrong person.

It's like you come on here because you want attention or something.

but its never been tried before. oh sure jews may have been hunted but those arent the ones you need to fix. so some peasants are killed big whoop, they arent the ones pulling the strings.

Jews were blamed for the black plague. People claimed they were poisoning the wells.

It's easier to scapegoat a group of people than to actually find new solutions to problems. Why think about fixing the underlying system when you can just enact a bloody pogrom that further enhances your powers?

Wall Street actually financed Hitler, there's a well sourced book documenting that. Jews even sold their own people.

At that point, it as London that was still the financial capital of the world. New York only eclipsed London after the war.

And I see you failed to name the supposed well-sourced book.

Shocking!Ever graced your brain the possibility they didn't even fucking know what was happening?Nor how to fix it? You know most of them thought it was God's punishment?For them,kicking jews was seen as a solution to a problem, a real solution.

thing is a lot of people are also working against solving said problems since theres business to be had. they dont want to be made irrelevent and will hold everyone back for this. just look at what theyre doing to our food. a lot of these people happen to be jewish, not all of them of course but a staggering amount. coincidence or not people like that should be kicked in the balls pretty hard every day.
its more fun to just use kike or jew as a catch all term for those who sow discord and blight since i have a juvenile sense of humor and the reactions you get out of people never get old.
they know what i mean theyre just acting like they dont see it.

>As matter of of fact you're on one right now

Face it! You cannot escape America's throbbing culture boner! For it will forever poke your face whether you like it or not!

;_;7

There's just some things that are universally known

Fitz is the realest youtuber there ever was

Regarding games, US used to be a powerhouse, crafting some pretty great narratives and experiences with Torment and Morrowind, but Slavs make the best games today. Get with the times, gramps.
Also,

when is the last time you spent like a week in a dark room admiring their work and eating junk food?

I don't eat junk food, but I do have 1.5k pictures of great traditional art including Caravaggio.

Can you name a country other than America that is culturally relevant since the year 2000? More than America since 1776?

thats pretty cool

You mean S.T.A.L.K.E.R? That series is fucking dead man, all I see coming out of slavland is free to play garbage, they may as well be worst Korea 2 when it comes to game development.

This year alone, we're gonna get Pathologic remaster, Serious Sam 4 and Kingdom Come from Russia, Croatia and Czechia respectively.
Extend that to the last year and we've got Witcher 3 from Poland, which was a pretty good game despite the shitposting. Best open world game in years, anyway. Didn't Metro redux games come out last year, too? Then add Ukraine to the list. Go far enough and there's STALKER and Tetris.

Looks like shit with the pixar graphics anyway.

TF2 did it right. Everybody else fuck off.

Also, the pseudo-realistic plasticky style from GTA5 is being mimicked as an excuse for laziness, i.e Battlefield Hardline and that new open world Rainbow Six game.

But back to CIV 6, it seems the only notable addition is districts. Except from that it looks like everything is WORSE since 5.

Burger is guldure :DDD

Civ VI seems to be Firaxis outright copying Endless Legend. All the way to its artstyle. And it looks worse.

at the very least it might tide me over until triumph announces whatever game theyve been working on lately.

It's interesting, but the primary sources are painfully light. There are about twelve primary sources and about nine of them are Congressional Hearings. He's overly reliant on secondary sources and published books from the time period- some of it looks to be outright propaganda from both sides of the conflict.

I'll probably give it a read anyways, but it looks like a remarkably light weight book, even if he has some salient points.

I assume you mean "Toon shading" which TF2 mainly uses

And only a handful of PIXAR movies are Toon shaded, like The Incredibles

And the "plasticky style" from GTA 5 is the fucking HDR lighting and rendering

Man this post is shit

Damn straight

Despite being an angsty, rebellious, opium baby of a country, I think it's safe to say that we've been doing rather well

Firaxis is willing to push the suspension of disbelief this far for America, yet they still won't feature Canada despite being in exactly the same position.

Do they think Amerilards won't buy their games if they don't suck them off hard enough?

Hahahahaha. Stop splitting my sides. How many books does an average burger read each year?

Some hard limit to doomstack size would be nice. Maybe raised a little with the presence of a leader unit.

Cite the US ranking regarding the percentage of teenagers raised in intact families, especially if with both biological parents present.

meant here

That's like saying Germany has no culture because Christianity is Greco-Judaic.

Germans were late to the party that was called colonialism and they wanted a bigger slice of the cake, that all.

If you think Socrates didn't influence the culture of the west or Confucius and Lao Tzu the east you are sorely mistaken.

LOL
O
L

Developed in Italy and France

Europeans had those since forever.

Derivative of European civilization. There's a reason you have Persian civ and not Arab civ. That's because Arabs adopted Persian stuff with just a few peculiarities.

Foreign culture destructive
Creationist
Patriotism
Black and White Culture
Cheap

You have to explain what makes your examples special and distinct from other cultures.
wikigallery.org/wiki/artist59602/Russian-School/page-1

Ukraine was on it already. STALKER games were made in Ukraine. As for older slavlands titles there were Shadow Warrior (2013), Painkiller, RTS series Earth 21X0, ARMA, Mafia when it was good, King's Bounty remake, HoMM V. and others I can't be arsed to recall now.

Anti-American shill please.

English was in international use before the US became a superpower. Don't claim it was because of you, burger.

The pretty famous SF author and philosopher Stanislav Lem was a Polish, fully assimilated Jew by descent. I say we are better with him than without. Benoit Mandelbrot was too, judging by just the name. Albert Einstein was another. If you dig deep enough, quite a lot of discoveries and inventions had Jewish origin.

Mandelbrot was also a Jew, but mostly French and Einsten was a German one.

HOLYWOOD

By far the best review for a game I've ever seen

Are you ignorant? It was because of the British Empire and its rule of most of Earth in the nineteenth century.

So what exactly is the problem? American culture is so ubiquitous in the world that pretty much every single country ever has been in some way affected by it regardless of whether they admit it or not. It really is pretty incredible, I think America might actually be just as influential as Rome.

You wear our clothes, watch our movies, listen to our music, follow our politics more closely than your own half the time, and eat our food. We're already halfway to a civ 5 cultural victory.

America is the new Rome, right down to the military triumphs, superpower status, corruption, degeneracy, and impending collapse. It's a shame, really.

I also play your videogames and get confused when the characters use language I don't understand.

+1

+1

When your country stops wearing blue-jeans, listening to hip-hop, playing basketball and a million other things, go ahead and argue some more.

Except that wasn't the case.
People spoke the language of the ruling state in the occupied territories (and they still do).
However, if men from different European nations wanted to talk to one another they'd try a variety of languages and wouldn't necessarily start with English.

Its supremacy came much later, mostly thanks to Kikewood and computers.

Do you even know what the civilization series is about?

So its the nips fault, then.
I don't understand, in context, why America didn't just drop 100 atomic bombs on Japan and glass the whole fucking place, and then just go back to sleep and let Europe get cucked by scheisse fetishists.

Nowadays eradicating an entire country would be seen as a global atrocity or a war crime, but WWII was a sweet spot where America could have gotten away with genocide. Missed an opportunity, there.

Well it's true, except it's a culture of consumerism and capitalism

low-calorie burger revisionism effort
3/10

Pretty soon, the only two languages worth learning will be English and Chinese.
It'll be nice, honestly, to finally simplify the world and get rid of all those pesky inferior cultures.

I'll probably join the GLA

Don't expect it to last forever.

What part of that was "revisionism?"

But Chinese culture is inferior, user. Those kikes can't be trusted at all. The only language worth learning is English.

You best be joking, son.
shigy

years you could have spent accumulating cum in socks

tfw we won't be aware of how far we've fallen until we retrospect

People will be looking back and thinking that these are the good times.

You're just showing how big of an uncultured swine you are.

You do it for yourself, not for a job. You can always go get a diploma on yearly tests anyway.

The best part about it is, it's really not. Fuck this gay earth.

It's time to leave, putinhitleraboo

America will still put itself first, we put pressure on China.

It's good to have a strong economic partner, but it's better to have a strong economic partner that's less powerful.

China is changing itself rapidly as well, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. In the recent market speculation all these idiots were saying that China's production and demand is going down / economy is slowing yadda yadda - it's actually revamping the economy from the ground up. China wants to go high tech. Sweatshops and low grade manufacturing were the baby steps, pharmaceuticals and cheaply produced computer circuits will be next.

Russians have the best literature in the world, though. Not reading it in Russian is either a crime or impossible since it was never translated.

postmodernism, not even once

That depends entirely on what time period you're talking about.

There are some good authors, but earlier works were largely famous as a result of no fucking competition: everyone was a serf. Prior to the revolution it was all drivel.

Bulgakov is good. Dostoyevsky is better. Tolstoy is an overrated hypocritical faggot who lived a life so shitty he would make the worst people on /r9k/ look like saints.

Fuck you

Burgers aren't a culture, fatty.

No, but the Red White and Blue that this country stands for is what america is truly about

You mean "Red Dead Revolver 3" right?

How about you kill yourself

He's right about Tolstoy tbh fam. He's one of the first pozzed equality-aboos that lead to the fall of Tzarist regime.

As someone actually from Holla Forums I can see how america would be a cultural civilisation. It's a game, and you can't have them be militarily strong, too, as that would be unbalanced, so I can't say I agree with the choice in that context.

Capitalism has plenty of influence on culture, and the dominant spread of that culture for the most part was Britain, and from the USA in modern times. Specific american culture is definitely a global phenomenon, and certainly influences more people than any other culture ever. Although you could argue that american culture was born from British culture, but then you may as well keep going back through history forever.

American culture isn't really that exciting to put in a video game, tbough. Neo liberal capitalism, SJWs, wrestling, art deco, blue jeans, and the empire state building can't really compare to the pyramids, taj mahal, hoplites, samurai, or the great wall in the context of a strategy game about building a civilisation.

Extremely cultural? Yes. For a video game? No. But civ6 is going to be a shitty, casualised, mobile game anyway, so who cares what they do? Is be surprised if anyone here actually paid money for it.

The eternal struggle between those who wish to dominate and those with a a weak will. It consumes all around it like a whirlpool, picking apart whatever refuses to be acclimated, and using it to build itself. Like a golem, it builds itself from clumps of other material, but is in the end under the service to the weaker but more manipulative Jewish master. It is an unstoppable force to all outside of it, but on the inside, it is weakened by the conflict of its own people. Yet at its core is the divine spark which allowed it to form in the first place. Collapsing it from the outside is impossible. It fears no foreign power. What it fears, then, is that one day the forces within it who oppose their own existence overpower those in favor of it, and the whole mess returns to the clay from which it was conceived.

That make sense?

Tolstoy is a decent writer, but he's certainly overrated. In particular, I'd consider Anna Karenina one of the most overrated novels by modern literature theorists. That's not to say it's bad. It's just quite boring.

However, the authors who came before him were excellent, going back to the very beginning. If I were to pin down a personal preference, it would be for Lermontov (though this is as a person who cannot read Russian, which severely limits the ability of a person to read Pushkin, who was, after all, a poet). A Hero of Our Time is an excellent novel that manages to tell a much lengthier and more interesting story than the whole of a novel such as Anna Karenina in a fraction of the time.

With regards to the authors themselves, we should all strive to die like Gogol.

Nice way to start a conversation, dumb ass.

But that's wrong.

wow

I'd go full Pizarro on that aborigine pussy

Yeah take your fucking dances and shitty food and shove them up your ass. Before all this sjw bullshit started we collectively decided to fuck culture in the ass because it's just bullshit.

We have no culture and we're still all you faggots talk about. You see our news, you know our president, your country has to check with our country before they do anything. Instead of culture, we have superiority.

Superior, spanish voice acting is superior on this game

Damn you yogscast

English? Last I checked, America didn't have a unique language. Unless Noo Yawk is being counted as not English.

No, I dislike Civ 3 as well. I'm just saying that Civ 4 is a downgrade from Civ 3, and everyone knows this.

He's doing better things. God bless you Fitz.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPe5Cbnbwng

It is literally impossible for a country not to have a culture.

Thanks for the info, Flimsii.

What? He is at a university now?

As someone who can speak/write a bit of Chinese and who has worked in China, I can say without a doubt that Chinese is an inferior language to English. I'm not really going to get into why that is, but it is a fact and it is because of several reasons.

Sounds like him.

If you are curious fitz did decide to do an ama on reddit, but I never saw any conclusive proof that it actually was him.

NO YOU DIPSHIT EUROPOORS NO FUCKING WONDER YOU ARE RULED BY AFRICANS AND JEWS

That really fucking triggered me that you didn't understand what I was trying to get across AND THE FACT I SHARE A BOARD WITH SOMEBODY AS RETARDED AS YOU WHO'S FUCKING AUTISM CANT MAKE UP CONTEXT LIKE HOLY FUCK.

THE CIVIL WAR, THE CSA, THE WILD WEST THAT'S FUCKING CULTURE YOU DIPSHITS.

ARE YOU FUCKING NUMALES KNOWN FOR BEING AMERIBURGERS?! I DIDN'T FUCKING THINK SO YOU GOD DAMN NIHILIST COMMIES! America is home of the BBQ is known for the BBQ and Nashville, TN has the best BBQ so kill yourselfs you fucking crypto-kikes.

Pics related more god tier American culture.
USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA

If you say so. Might as well have Belgium as a Civilization then.

Because among those inventing those bombs there were many Europeans fleeing the war? If the US stayed neutral, I bet they wouldn't be so eager to help. Atomic bombs were used pretty late anyway, after the whole Pacific campaign.

I originally was replying to someone who accused another user as being from Holla Forums, but I changed my mind and deleted their post.

Sorry to upset you.

I'm interested. What about the speed at which you can convey yourself?

Fucking gas yourself europoor

culture is literally defined as "the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively. the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group." -From Merriam Webster

Is this nigger calling Forest Cuck god tier culture and using it to show how non numale muricans are?

MY SIDES ARE LEAVING THIS GALAXY, ILL SUE

Shit taste in movies confirmed, nigger is literally retarded that's why he liked Jenny. God Tier movie, great performance by Tom Hanks.

More movie examples for your crooked teeth and frail body.

How edgy.
Existence of Hitler doesn't diminish the worth of Goethe. Existence of Putin doesn't diminish the worth of Pushkin (even after you read his Клеветникам России and understand how blindly chauvinistic he was).

ironically the picture you posted is from an American comic.

:^)

stay pleb, pleb

Oh look another Europoor with some top tier Irony.

American super hero AND American made movie, and American actors on screen

Do you cucks enjoy blowing yourselves out?

Is this the Citizen Kane of movies?

Europoors shit posting on their American made internet (The United States was responsible for the idea of the Internet. The idea can be traced back to 1962, when J.C.R. Licklider, the head of the computer research program at DARPA, proposed the concept of a "Galactic Network".) , on an imageboard made by American software developer Hot Wheels, to talk about American made video games.

fucking europoors

It's the citzen kane of the citizen kane of movies

w/e bruh

Jesus there's a lot of brainwashed kids in this thread. America has been a cultural superpower and spread its culture, its language (sorry England, but only a few of your colonies speak with an English accent), its technology, its economic model, its production model, and its fashion and artistic output across the globe. The only reasons you think it had no culture is its culture is now so pervasive around the world that you don't notice it as much and also your kike marxist teacher wants you to believe there is nothing special or worth promoting in your country so you'll let them blanda you to death.

You have never tried hard physical labor, I presume? Would you know that during the harvest season the work time means from sunup to sundown?
hrcak.srce.hr/90884
And your shitty infographic conveniently omits frequent famines and less frequent but more deadly epidemics from that period.
anthropology.tamu.edu/papers/Yoder-PhD2006.pdf

I might be able to understand if you said St. Louis, but Kansas City? Nah son.

ill give you Strangelove , top tier comedy, but your taste is mostly pure shit

What's the dark souls of the citizen kanes of vidya?

The dark souls of the dark souls of the citizen kane of vidya of course.

reminder America is importing culture into your third world countries 24/7 and your entire world view is being shaped by it as we speak. In fact, everything you do and everything you use is from America. Literally everything.
stay irrelevant, other countries :^)

Not my tastes, just culturally significant movies. I'm basically a weeb that doesn't worship japan, I watch old anime, kung fu movies, and 70-90s action movies. Along with occasional psychological movies of course.

Another counterexample:
estudogeral.sib.uc.pt/bitstream/10316/8072/1/obra.pdf

Pretty much this. I live in the US and I have to put up with this shit all the time from college bernouts and obnoxious Latino activists.

Full source for the first study above:
hrcak.srce.hr/file/134425

We could still genocide.

wew

I don't watch TV or Hollywood movies.
No fast food for me either.
Hip-hop? Country music? Not my taste either.
American football? What is it? I don't even know its rules.
And your cars are comparatively shitty lately.
Stay buttmad, burgerfriend.

Jew

We are so sorry supreme gentlemen :^)

le nazi tip debora

Basketball is Canadian, actually.

Not lately lately. Our car companies have been getting their shit together recently.

If you have called me a metalhead, you would be closer. But continue Adolfposting, at least I saw something new this time.

Thank God my country didn't. Sucks to be you guys.

holy shit this burger really is mad over his country having no actual history or culture when compared to an average country in the world

ITT: If I don't like it or I don't partake in it, it doesn't exist.

ATOM BOMB
T
O
M

B
O
M
B

No wonder amerifats keep fucking over your countries.

And Germany.
Most of the EU economic debt is with Germany, because reasons.

And yes, my country sucks ass.
That's why we're still trying to elect a president FOR HALF A YEAR ALREADY.
Thanks Spain.

It's (20) now.
I didn't stick to one topic. This bullshit was more upsetting, for example:

Does America gain bonus culture per turn for every obese citizen in other civilizations?

I was just pointing out how stupid it is to use the amount of posts made by an user as an argument. I can understand pointing out (1) for just jumping in then leaving or (209) because that is a huge amount of posts for a thread, but (12) in a thread of over 250 posts seems stupid.

Yea, by a scottish-canadian.

Great thread, so far.

i dont know why i bothered to read the rest of your post after this

You are faux-intelligent

and each one of those 20 were covered in lardy rage. Its one thing to discuss and leave 30 replies, that is good, discussing. On the other hand, you have this keyboard warrior arguing with strangers on the internet he will likely never encounter in his life

Reported for not even trying.

Thanks for not getting it.

And reported for not even trying.

Go on, I'm still here.

we need to find the japs who made the first half of red dead revolver

Probably working at Platinum or Capcom

Red Dead Revival. Play as a preacher.

cuck

Actually, most large corporations were selling to germany, germany was a large buyer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

Expecting a retard not to use badly fitting words.

Fitz isn't dead, he just stopped making videos in that channel, he is making videos on this one now