The world’s first-ever low-level N64 video plugin implemented using the Vulkan API!

libretro.com/index.php/first-ever-revolutionary-n64-vulkan-emulator-coming-soon-only-for-libretro-parallei/
What'd ya think?

Other urls found in this thread:

dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_I_–_Battle_for_Naboo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are no good N64 games.

Here's your (you)

Good.
The CPU low level video plugins are painfully slow even on powerful machines.

No sage pls

No use if it will still be emulating upon hacks

Super Mario 64

That's it

The 2 zelda games, goemon, both banjo games, conker, perfect dark (not golden eye), all the turoks, shadows of the empire, rayman, tonic trouble, mario kart 64 and more.

sage does nothing, retard

Fuck you

Is Doom 64 good? I've heard otherwise. What makes it worth playing when you have Doom on PC?

Play the PC port and find out.

doom 64 was ported to the PC and is a completely different game with a totally unique atmosphere, levels and level design that play more like they are from Quake with a heavier and more welcome focus on traps and horror.

the ultimate doom on the pc is great. doom 2 is forgettable apart from the SSG and a few enemy types. doom 64 is great.

Doom 64 is the true doom 3.

FUCKING WHY!?

WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF No Mercy, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 are the fucking best wrestling games ever with the Fire Pro series.

Custom Robo was Gamecube, user.

So is this PC port, which I'm guessing is a mod, superior to actual Doom 64? Or is it better to play it on an N64?

MY DICK CAN PIERCE DIAMONDS NOW

Except downvote the thread :^)

fugg

Fucking faggots.

It's not a WAD for existing source ports, it's not 100% accurate but you likely won't know the difference unless specifically told about them, so yeah pretty much just play that.

The AKI Wrestling games are the only good n64 games. N64 was a mistake.

Play the pc wad unless you want to deal with a controller. Doom 64 is really, really good.

Well I definitely do not want to deal with an N64 controller that thing is a monstrosity.

I think the wad is called doom 64 ex. Google that and download it, and play it in whatever sourceport you want, i like zdoom.

SOCKO

I'll stick with my Everdrive and hardware, but it's always nice to see emulation on this difficult console take another step forward.

Shake Shake

between this and embed related, things are looking good for 32 / 64 bit era emulation at the moment

They are great, too bad AKI is dead as fuck now.

No it hasn't. Project64 worked well.
Rather OpenGL was improved.

Stopped reading the article after the lie.

Try playing something not named Zelda OOT.

You must be a special kind of stupid.

Body harvest

Even the one named Zelda OOT has buggy ground textures.

It really was the nogaems of its day, but nobody focused on that at the time.
The only good exclusives for it I can think of are Mario 64, the two Zeldas, Doom 64, Rareware's games, Star Fox 64 and maybe Smash. Only one of those games are third-party.
Hey, at least it had good games. It's certainly looking better than the Xbone, anyway. It's better to have like 15 games that literally no games.

Have you played Sin & Punishment or BangaiOh? Also remember that the first Animal Crossing as well as Doshin the Gian were N64 games.

Realistically there are around 15 good exclusive games for the N64.

Also all systems deserve to be emulated completely, even the atari jaguar.

Does this mean Gauntlet Legends netplay over P64 plugin finally?

The plugin will be ported back to OGL4.3 later, doesn't really matter much since OGL 4.x capable hardware can do Vulkan as well minus some intel IGP but no one cares about supporting those, not even intel.

What lie?
Several of the high profile title on the console emulate like shit and even those that are playable are plagued with problems and innacuracies, but maybe you're a shiteater who thinks the current status of N64 emulation is good because it plays the few games you tried kinda well

Maybe…

Nope.

Damn shame. The search continues…

No matter how many things you port your shit plugins to, its not going to improve the abysmal compatibility or fix the millions of graphical glitches.

The latest version has so many regressions that even Kirby gives fatal memory errors.

The softplugin is accurate as fuck, being able to run most games with a visual pretty identical to the N64, and increase compatibility (as seem with WDC there);
But its slow, very fucking slow.

Show me something like Shiren or Perfect Dark running on it instead of the same 3 screenshots that are shown every single time its mentioned.

That's just lipstick on a pig. It is still based on the fundamentally broken plugin design. Project64 will soon only be relevant for low-end PCs, mupen64plus for low-end everything else, and CEN64 as the gold standard.

Angrylion has little to no innacuracies but it's too slow because the rendering is done on CPU, Vulkan allows people to do the same thing as angrylion but on the GPU, and that's exactly what is being done so yes it's gonna fix "the millions of graphical glitches" while not being practically unusable like angrylion currently is.

Won't fix things that are dependant on other parts of the emulation like DK64 being fucked everywhere and Banjo crashing regularly but that's a step forward.

user plz

You really should talk about things you don't know.

Well, people generally just port those plugins to mupen64plus as soon they're released pretty much.
So, you're most likely getting a vulkan softplugin for it as well.

Perfect Dark has had it's missing effects fixed for years without the need for angrylion.

Shiren has a video done on emulator from 2010 and nothing is broken visually.

Thinking about purchasing one of these but the price is pretty steep. Do you have any experience with the alternative ED64? Where did you buy your everdrive from?

Yeah but the speed hit is hardly worth it for already inaccurate emulators, they should stick to being a fallback for systems that can't handle CEN64 when it's full glory. Much like ZSNES and SNES9x are to bsnes.

I wouldn't put too much hope on that, the main dev doesn't seem the reliable type.

He specifically said good games

This came out recently. The specs it's running on are obscene though: 4.4GHz CPU.

If it uses vulkan, the speed hit is gone.

Dude, she's fucking 7, stop this shit and kys.

It's CPU bound

Vulkan is only good at implementing custom effects and rendering techniques, which definitely helps with CEN64, but the main thing is the CPU since it emulates the individual CPU clocks of the N64.

The software rendering of the video is THE main bottleneck of those software plugin renderers.
Also its probably quite possible you can emulate the coprocessor of the N64 on the GPU as well, given the fact its basically a DSP, and this means in this case that only the CPU gets emulated by the CPU, and those we can run fast.

Of course, on this bizarre case, we're talking about the GPU also processing the audio.

my ears feel like they're being raped. Emulation is a great thing but this is just a pathetic showing. ORiginal hardware is a much better solution.

Angrylion is a HLE video plugin running in software mode for Mupen64 and Project64. Porting it from software mode to Vulkan and OpenGL 4.3 makes it run faster since the GPU can do video faster than the CPU. Same goes for PCSX2 where GPU mode still is buggy as hell and software mode works perfectly but is too slow.

cen64 is different from emulators likes P64 and Mupen because it's cycle-accurate. Instead of doing the High-Level Emulation, that reproduces the behvoirs (think of it as being a custom engine that runs 64 games), Cen64, is a Low-level emulator that emulates the actual components of the Nintendo 64 hardware. This makes it really accurate since it emulates even obscure quirks of the system that result from the hardware, which most "software" emulator authors wouldn't bother to reproduce.

let me guess…a single thread on an amd cpu, probably an i5 would be enough

Is there any reason to play the N64 version instead of one of the TCs with superior controls?

But can it play Rogue Squadron?

It's not even finalized. But it is progress. Good emulators don't just spring up in a day.

Yeah.

Authenticity.

accuracy, but there's only one "TC" that's worth giving a fuck about and that's the one that is getting all of its game data from the n64 rom, Doom 64 EX. The Absolution is a joke wad.

Well, i think there should be a midterm emulator.
Like, something that tries to emulate both CPUs but do it fast but precise enough to run all games flawlessly.
Project 64 is not zsnes or snes9x, it is nesticle.

they don't spring up in 20 years it seems. at least pcsx2 is keeping that project64 tradition.

Actually yes.
Now indy it can't.

Yeah with bsnes, there are builds of it that are performance builds, so you still have a well-written emulator but with some of the accuracy options turned off.

cen64 has already added some of these and people will probably add more eventually. cen64 was the first to get DD64 support, and I think Project64 has some of that working too now also.

But we can't be completely sure if project 64 run DD64 or erase the harddrive.

People might be shitposting the N64 but it truly did have a shitload of underrated gems. Much of them I only tried recently to find out how good they were.

Besides the games Mentioned which are a fucking plenty for anybody's childhood you also had

Christ I'm drunk and I'm just naming off from my head. N64 was a masterpiece if you liked 3D platformers and could handle finicky camera controls.

No it's not

Except software mode does not work perfectly, it just has much less problems.

Copypasted shit from MAME, angrylion and CXD4 LLE RSP, nearly nothing in CEN64 is new, the two thing it does is do away with plugins and the zilmar spec and have a multithreaded software renderer that's it.

And it isn't too slow unless you run it on a toaster.

Even an OC'ed 6700k can't get fullspeed on everything, that's what I would call too slow.

HOLY SHIT I NEVER KNEW

Can you give examples? Everything I've tried to run on my [email protected]/* */ have ran smooth except Shadow Hearts which slowed down in hardware mode unless I OC'ed my GPU quite a bit, but it ran flawless in software mode.

Oh you mean SW mode in PCSX2, well outside of R&C 2/3, maybe ZOE2 (but it works fine in HW mode now so whatever) and probably a few other games where there are slowdowns in place where it's not important (AC4 in the hangar with some planes for example) it's fast enough for high end CPUs but it could still be faster.

YOU WANNA FIGHT ME?!

What are the chances of the original 3Dfx arcade version getting into MAME properly?

You're not gonna like the answer.

San francisco rush runs flawlessly and its a 3Dfx game.

Well then looks like it's playable, the specs required are probably somewhat high though.

Thats a CD emulator you dumb fuck, you still need a working Saturn to use it, then buy the drive emulator card which is probably going to cost more than the saturn did

Indy never ever

Blast Corps truly is that one forgotten Rare game no one ever mentions.

I'm so happy

NOBODY MENTIONS ALL THE MARIO PARTY GAMES

I recognize that afro.

I managed to play the Gamecube version with a friend over the network via Dolphin a while ago.
dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/

But does it fix this?

Yes, actually. It would.

Okay, what the fuck do these images show?
You always post this exact image but I have no idea what the fuck it's attempting to convey.

Disabling forced texture smoothing has been a thing for months, I thought.

This is unfortunately correct. N64 was my biggest gaming regret until the Wii U. Never again, Nintendo.

both sides have texture smoothing

the image on the left clearly illustrates that the character who is hiding in the closet is visible, which is meant to convey that the emulator can't or hasn't yet been designed to handle certain processes that the original hardware could. It's simple.

it stops your post from bumping the thread up

The arcade "version" (since half the stages are different) is a blatant quarter muncher, N64 Legends is the best version of the game.

Likewise, the Gamecube port of Dark Legacy was absolutely crippled with bugs.

sage does nothing, not using sage bumps the thread. People act as if it's the opposite of a bump but it's not, it's nothing. A bump is a move forward and a sage is a move nowhere, people act as if sage is a move downward but it's not, the thread stays in place. It's a bad misconception and why you see people doing bad things like saying "polite sage", as if sage is inherently rude or something.

it stops your post from bumping the thread, that IS its purpose. if it did nothing the thread would bump, newfag. it isnt supposed to be a downvote

Thanks for summarizing my post.

so you agree with me, even though the post you are replying to says exactly what i just said

Yes, what part are you confused about?

Nice shitpost, brah.

if you're playing dark legacy it's best on the Xbox. PS2 was pretty smooth but only 2 controller ports standard is a bit of a dick in the butt.

Plus the PS2 version didn't allow you to turn off power-ups.

As part of the development process, he sent the code to emu devs. Saturn emulation is insanely finicky about disc timing, to the point that a game might not boot depending on whether you're using an original disc, a copy, or a 1:1 image file. Even changing what drive you're loading from can affect it. A solution emulating the actual drive behavior would be much more preferable, and it would lead to more reliable compatibility reports.

What's even the point in bothering with N64 emulators anymore when I could just emulate the Virtual Console versions for the Wii using Dolphin?

What about the Dreamcast port?

Pic related

Dolphin can't squeeze some features around the limits of Nintendo's extremely bland emulation, like texture filtering. Also, while compatibility is great for the games Nintendo officially supported, injection compatibility is nothing to crow about.

Oops, forgot embeds wipe files.

So will I finally be able to play Star Wars Battle for Naboo?

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_I_–_Battle_for_Naboo

The Dreamcast "port" of 6 Legends worlds mixed with ideas from the upcoming Dark Legacy. There's something particularly undesirable about it but I can't remember. It might be a lack of power-up toggling like the PS2 version of Dark Legacy.

Because tiny catalog notwithstanding, VC also sucks emulation-wise. For example, no rumble in OoT for the Stone of Agony, and it's based on 1.2 with green blood. They also do occasional censorship, like SMRPG "persistent bugger" is now "persistent pest" or something.

offtopic
user, thank you so much for posting this!
Drawings in technical pens make my benis hard, so much so that it got me to draw again today after a bit of an artistic slump.

VC a shit

Isn't libretro FLOSS?

It's GPL, the cores themselves use various licenses.