Mark Hamill Seems to Think There Are Too Many ‘Star Wars’ Movies: ‘Great Marketing There, Disney’

Mark Hamill has long been known to speak his mind, even when it’s to the chagrin of the higher-ups at Disney. He continues that proud tradition in a New York Times interview alongside his castmates in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” using a question about the relationship (or lack thereof) between Luke Skywalker and Rey (Daisy Ridley) to throw shade at Disney for releasing so many movies within such a short span of time.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2013/05/return-of-the-jedi-anniversary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lol who cares?

Back to cuckchan

Is he going to commit suicide by stabbing himself in the back a couple dozens times?

inb4 the Mouse fires him

t. right wing sjw

who can keep up with all this shit? it's like trying to care about politics but even more pointless and jewish. fuck movies

no such thing, /trannypol/

But I hate right wing sjws

you should because such a contradiction could only spawn a leftist.

Like he gives a fuck about anything at this point. He was the star of the most epic space adventure movie ever, and no one can take that from him.

Does thinking cosmetic surgery of any kind, except in the cases of burn victims, people with tumors on their faces, or cleft lip sort of deals should be illegal make someone a right wing sjw? In the eyes of /trannypol/ ?

communists get out

Sauce on girl

mah nigga! Three is great too. Loved playing it with my dad when I was a wee little lad.

They could replace Luke in the OT with a CGI afro girl once Disney has bought Fox.

They can't fire him because he dies.

PUNISHED MARK
MAN DENIED OF HIS ROLE

So, now that all three original actors are dead (either in the SW universe or IRL) what reason is there to watch the new movies?

I feel bad for him. Reddit Wars ruined his career and now these movies are just rubbing it in. He should have never accepted it.

That's not true, he got to do the arguably best joker voice the batman's series ever had. There's people that know him only because of that role, and he never dropped the ball while doing it.

the car accident ruined his career mostly because he was too young to play parts for a guy with a fucked up face.

One of these days, I want to get to that level of "I don't give a shit".

He turned into Alec Guinness Literally.

>Luke Skywalker is the only character left who's still interesting and Mark Hamill is the only one who actually gives a shit about the logic of the story, which is the opposite of Disney's (((vision))).

This is going to end very well.

In letters to his friends, Guinness described the film as "fairy tale rubbish" but the film's sense of moral good – and the studio's doubling of his initial salary offer – appealed to him and he agreed to take the part of Kenobi on the condition that he would not have to do any publicity to promote the film. He negotiated a deal for 2.25% of the gross royalties paid to the director, George Lucas, who received one-fifth of the box office takings. This made him very wealthy in his later life

They should have based young Obi-Wan's personality off him. It checks out the wanted general who wounded the enemy champion wouldn't be just some nice uncle.

I suspect his character died in this movie. He already said he hates everything about what they did with Luke. He really hates that Luke abandoned Leia and Han, and with good reason.

Poor Mark

rey kills luke

That movie was good.

He dies in the movie anyway.
No more reason to listen to him! lol
*(((Disney)))*

This is why Peter Cushing is better. He enjoyed his time in the film and was glad people would then go watch his other movies.

Hamill's best role coming through!

I almost want to go see TLJ only to see Hamill play Luke again tbh.

He's not really playing Luke in that movie. The real Luke wouldn't have given up on his friends like that.

I was watching the Lucas films, I-VI, while they were popping up on TV this weekend.

While a lot of his character dialogue is atrocious, even in A New Hope, you can tell he had at least had help for ESB which is pretty much responsible for 90% of the character development between Luke, Leia, and Han. Despite the prequel dialogue often being cringe worthy, the ethos and purpose for each character is well defined. George at least had a universe in his mind, and how all these people fit into it, though he did a shit job of articulating it in when came to putting it on film. The new films just toss out even the little bits he did get right, nobody really seems to fit a role, or it's just a copy of a role of a character before them; a film designed by committee without a project champion. George really should have stayed involved as at least having an ability to sign-off and approve the plots.

He didn't even direct ESB and ROTJ.

That's how they get you.

I'm aware of the official credits, and that's true for ESB, but given the success of ESB that irked George's ego, he was much more hands on in RotJ, insisting on Deathstar II and Ewoks and making a much more marketing friendly and whoring out the story than completing it honestly.

wired.com/2013/05/return-of-the-jedi-anniversary/

How would Kershner know that and why did he have a poor relationship with the actors and still was the director? George should have just put his name on it then

Sex positive and trans-exclusionary feminists are actually considered right wing SJWs.

the only way you could ever consider a SJW right wing is if you consider anything right of Karl Marx right wing.

Is it just me or could he pass for a slightly older venom snake if they did the costume up right?

Just neck yourself pleb. Those are Lucas movies.

In addition to the writing, I am pretty sure he had a lot to say about how the films were shot, being on set constantly.

This. The Luke of ANH, ESB and RotJ is long gone. All that work he put in was for naught, he becomes depressed and gives up on the mission he undertook. He leaves his friends and family to become a recluse and get away from his duty. His role is purely to pass the torch to MaRey Sue in the hopes that that will make her a likeable character.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Fuck I forgot how good CN used to be.

The movie had the worst reception of the original trilogy, back then.

This is probably why Lucas had a bigger role in ROTJ btw

MARK HAMILL BEST HOLE

Pure nigger speak. The absolute state of modern journalism.

It's not that great of a movie tbh. It's slow and has a lot of pacing-problems. That middle-act might be the worst of any Star Wars movie (TFA excluded, it's not a Star Wars-movie).

shit posting aside one thing I disliked about ESB is that the Imperials did not strike back hard enough, there should have more happenings and destruction of rebels.

I would say the third act lacks emotion. A plot twist isn't enough.

Would make him happy. No wonder all the old cast is either dead, refused to be in the new movies, or get their characters killed off so they will never be in them again.

This. The movie should have been from the Empire's perspective as they go around destroying the rebels across the galaxy.

peter cushing made a career off B movies though, SIR alec on the other hand was an academy-award winning cunt.

george was on set every day, constantly up kershner's ass. lots of films have un-credited directing. lucas has plenty of un-credited work on 1-6.

Fuck you.

don't be mad at me because i'm right, dickwad. you can look up everything i said for yourself.

He's not playing Luke, though. He's playing Obi Wan. They literally killed off the character of Luke and replaced him with a grumpy dweeb who tries to kill a child because the child might grow up to be le Hitler. Pure Judiasm.

Cushing was a true legend and Englishman. Although I'm often struck by this quote after his wife died.

Wait, what? People change when they get older

Supersanity is a hell of a superpower.

Well, in a way…

oh mark, i continue to love you more and more.

goddamn it user, i don't need those kinds of feels right now. i just wish we could have back the good ol' days of hammer pumping out shit after shit that was comfy because of the dynamic between cushing and lee.

When America collapses, nobody owns anything. Star Wars will be great again then.

my god. imagine what he'd do to them if they did fire him.

i wonder how many people he knows of who raped carrie on the set of RotJ

I wish. He's more of a clueless crybaby now than he was at the beginning of episode 4. He was written purely out of spite.

In the old EU he also wasn't gay.

Shut up and take my (You).

Haven't heard that one in a while.

almost as bad as the ones who say they have to see it multiple times before they can rate it

Dubs confirm it to be true and sorry I just had to share those feels. I mean my country is done, we don't produce great men like that anymore. We're downing in a never ending sea of soy.
I want strong but reserved men of dignity to be my countryman again, not a bunch of fucking faggots.

Maybe he can release some more dirt on the whole production

This movie was great. Luke and Kylo Ren owned every scene they were in and everything bad that happened to the Resistance was the purple-haired feminist;s fault.

Rose, on the other hand, was a fucking idiot. Cute and naive, but DUMB as a bag of hammers.

I don't think this tactic is going to work either.

1/10. The (You) is just for you to up your game a bit.

Best Star Wars show since 2015

Episode VIII was based