Name one (1) thing amerilards are more spooked about than their flag

name one (1) thing amerilards are more spooked about than their flag

Amerilard here and I'm pretty sure you can't even hypothetically be more spooked about anything

wew

burgers

/thread

sex

You really can't. It's a holy relic. The Founding Fathers come close tho.

I think the flag and the founding fathers are really only secondary holy icons to the idea of American exceptionalism in general. That's the real spook. Americans really think their country is god ordained and special in a way that basically no other western nation does.

The Constitution.

The First Amendment

I take it that you do not know any Brits.

Amerifat here, that actually pissed me off. I'm perfectly fine with communism but I just want islam purged from the planet
is that so hard?

It's actually more common for the people here to hate the country. Only boomers think we're "the greatest country evar!!!1!"

I am British, nationalism is basically seen as something dirty in this country, having an English flag means you're looked down on by 60% of people (only because it's often used for football) and a British flag is like 75%. If someone flies a flag (which almost nobody does) it's taken to mean they're some crazy old style right winger. And as for the nationalists in Britain, even they don't seem to view Britain in the same way that Americans do, from what I can tell. Brit nationalists seem to view Britain as special because of history and tradition and so on, and because they live in it, which is all spooky of course, but not the same as Americans which seem to view America as special inherently, above the world, and as having an almost mystical quality.

stop it lads you made to many threads

one day comrades

Combo did nothing wrong

race

I don't know how true that is (there are plenty of 'fascism draped in the american flag' young people from what I can tell even if less than the boomers) but the boomers control the whole country and the media anyway.

Let me put it another way, in Britain we don't all have to recite the pledge of allegiance, and our 'news' channels don't have Union Jack motifs. Because those would be seen as really weird.

Very good post. Would recommend.

I do in fact not but I have seen them shitpost about how Britain is better than America (or usually disguised as shitposting about how America is shit or how Britain made America) which makes sense now, because I figured they should be sane enough to figure out dick-measuring with America is not a fight you can win or lose.

And southerners. And Tea Partiers. And Mormons…

Never seen it, the cultured man's choice is Made in Britain

That's the key element to all this. America is in full-on society of the spectacle mode. Even the pledge is a relic of the previous generations; it's compulsory and only the fanatics even pay attention to it. It's one of those things that are done "traditionally" but don't mean a damn thing. There are plenty of people like myself who resent even participating in the farce.

America is plenty spooked, but a lot of it is just bluster. Everything's so fake here no one even thinks about what stuff is supposed to mean anymore. It's just part of the act.