Can't they make 1 protagonist that is relatable to a loser?

can't they make 1 protagonist that is relatable to a loser?
All the "unattractive" leads are Jewish "funny" actors or quirky and annoying. All the "nerds" are 9-10/10 in appearance and just talk fast and act shy in a cute way, not in a "I want to punch a wall" way. All depressed characters are how "nihilistic" reddtors see themselves. It's pretty sad that Steve Carrell in 40 Year Old Virgin might be the most accurate depiction of someone who's not normal, and even then it's a pure fantasy version of mild social autism where he's still really contented and somehow finds a woman who'll fall in love with him.

I CAN'T RELATE TO THIS YOU FUCKS. wHERE'S MY REPRESENTATION?

Tobey McGuire's Spider-Man was kind of relatable. Yes, he got the girl in the end and everyone loves the persona of Spider-Man, but only after he got superpowers and risked his life to save civilians.

Poor fucker got fucked by life before that radioactive spider bite.

How are (((they))) supposed to understand the mental illness of a social recluse? They would have to include anime autism, video game addiction, nazism, chronic masturbation, internet forum/imageboard addiction, and a cringeworthy inability to connect to people or even greet another character without doubting yourself. Anyone involved with making movies has never experienced this before.e

Found the goon.

I'm not saying I need to be represented, I'm saying it can make me feel miserable when they misrepresent people like me. Two opposite ends of the spectrum. One is a black person complaining about how he needs more black people in movies to relate to, the other is a white person being bothered by a black man playing Henry V. Except it's worse because being a loser in this life is a lot more closer to a person than his a detail of his people's history.

Tobey's Spiderman never bothered me because Tobey's acting and the writing in those movies made it impossible to dislike him, and it wasn't dishonest he was genuinely weird in how innocent his dialogue was.
That said I a.sl love Jake Gyllenhaal but it was uncomfortable at times relating to him in Stronger when I know I'd give anything to trade places with him, and we're meant to see how shit his life has become with no legs when he still has an insanely cute gf and the prospect of having a family. I could let go and forget myself for 90% of the movie but the other 10% made me feel low.

that's just describing Holla Forums, there's plenty of room to explore the real life of an ugly 30 year old virgin with depression, resentment, shut himself off from people, dejected and given up. A huge portion of the adult population work low status menial jobs and know that's all they'll ever be and this is never explored in film.

Oh but you can do that user! Just be yourself.

checkmate

not a movie, cute girl is obsessed with him, is attractive. They still got the social anxiety part down though, I only watched ep 1 and it was really good. As much as I hate anime, the Japs are good writers.

Lars and the real girl would be great if it was steve buscemi and he didnt get a girl in the end.

For what its worth human cenripede 2 has an unlikable protag

Ichi the killer

Visitor q moreso than ichi

Dark Horse is probably the closest.

she is obsessed with him because she is a defective suicidal loser as well and just wants someone worse off than her so at least she's not the worst person she knows

Blade runner 2049 released this year and it's close enough.

yes user come to think of it I'd love to see the new movie about how Brad Pitt the guy who could fuck anyone, start a family with anyone, guaranteed a decent career path just from genetics, is a suicidal "defective"

that's retarded and makes no sense
why are japs so bad at writing?

kek I'm sure I've seen this exact film three or four times with Ted Danson, Danny DeVito and Keanu Reeves respectively

The 2011 one with Selma Blair.

:^)

looks like it's going to make fun of people with full-blown autism. Is it cruel? Might try it.

People go to the cinema to escape everything they hate about life, including themselves. Hollywood would never do a story about an ugly protagonist with relatable problems because it simply isn't profitable.

Enough said, while still sort of a female fantasy, james plays a fat fuck loser whos job is archiving tv shows in a museum. In this casw gandolfini is cast well its more julia louis dreyfus who is too attractive to make it believable. Its a sad movie in that they always comment on his weight and hell die soon. And in real life he did.

Another is more a comedy but theres something about mary is like 3-4 losers cant remember. But it aint realistic tho.

I miss matt dillon what hapenned to him
Fucking james franco thats what hapenned to him

that sounds really fun. Also I've seen that movie and remember a bit, the daughter was really cute.

OP wanted a film where the loser isn't some chad or wins life at the end.

Dark Horse is an amazing film, if you ignore that the characters are all Yids.

Another good one.

I remember seeing a movie like that. It had a fat blonde kid at school, he is completely unmotivated and the teacher tries to get him on the right track but ultimately nothing changes.
In the movie he gets a chance to fuck a girl but blows it.
I think it was titled as his name, terry or something. It's faggy hipster shit.

Holla Forums the movie

oh kek this one was hilarious

You wish.

Harry Potter unironically

What did you mean by this?

here i condensed your entire premise into five words, you're welcome