What games from other regions had better cover art than what we got? If we got any at all

What games from other regions had better cover art than what we got? If we got any at all.

Hotline Miami for the Vita is incredibly eye-catching.

Japanese Deadly Premonition. I really like it.

despite the in-game graphics it really stands out. Or maybe it's because of them.

I am still salty as fuck we didn't get the Japanese boxart for F-ZERO X

That cover reminds me of this

something about going really fast is enjoyable

EU's Sonic 1 boxart has a minimalistic feel I really like

late 80s and 90s were filled with airbrushed reinterpretations of cutesy anime art

Reminds me about these.

But I don't think anything in the series tops how bad the EU cover art for BoF III on the PS1 was.

The western cover art for BoFII is better than the jp one imo

I really, really like the horror movie poster look of the Japanese PC box art for RE2

Oh, and while I'm on the topic of horror games, at least every Silent Hill game had better cover art in the PAL and JP territories, especially Silent Hill 4.

Silent Hill 2 and 3 from the PAL territory

Same shit happened with Heavy Rain.

Why does the left remind me of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within?

Euro cover is great.

Bonus:
Glad I still have my box (and artbook) for my copy.

What game is that

It's a tossup on who got the "better" cover but without a doubt the cover to the Japanese only soundtrack has them both beat.

Wild Arms 5. Should say that I meant that the spine of the cover art had no game name on it; the front of the cover art at least does. But it still seems odd to see a copy at a used store and not know exactly what the game is just from looking at a row of spines itself.

First image is the front of the outer box, which has a foiled bronze/copper to the look of it on the actual thing. Second image is the (slightly faded, by the looks of the scan) wrap around cover. Bit XSEED left the description off the back cover but left the credits and other technical information there, but maybe they thought it would be redundant to include multiple times since it was already on the back of the box itself (if memory serves, Square-Enix also did similar with Star Ocean: Till the End of Time). The game only released as the Series 10th Anniversary Edition here in the US, though maybe PAL areas got a different style cover.

Also reminds me that some local store around here has some PS2 game that has a completely blank, black spine aside from the PS2 logo at the top. I can't remember what game it is though, but I doubt it saw a special edition release like this to justify it.

Oh, and for some reason the other Silent Hill game I put up didn't show.

That Japanese cover is so good. The wheelchair art is fucking fantastic.

That ever happened on the PS3?

that is poster worthy if the logos in the corners were taken off

Have North American artists ever made anything better than Japanese ones?

The kicker is Madison does jack shit out of being a whore through all of Heavy Rain.

One of those weird times NA got the best cover

Yeah, Namco did so for one or both Tales of Xillia western releases, I forget which. I mean, I'm not expecting reversible art from them (though the Xillia games had some surprising environmental/city concept art they could have picked from; Tales generally only getting character concept art), but printing the health label on the inside of the cover art screams of the publisher being lazy and/or cheap.

That's weird, I don't remember buying the game with that PAL cover, yet a search definitely proves you right.

What?

How fucking rad is this cover art? Seriously puts into perspective just how generic the American version was.

Castlevania in Japan went trough this phase around the PS2 era where they rebranded the series from Akuma Daioh something something to Castlevania.

And then the series went to shit and died

It's a great game but they all look like shit.

Same goes for the first game