Other urls found in this thread:

insidescience.org/news/when-ants-get-together-make-decision
rangevoting.org/ApisMellifera.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Monarchy?

yes, they're basically the future of humanity

Yes
The queen just serves as a breeding machine. Sure, the ants will still put priority on the Queens needs, but beyond that the ants decide things through communicating with each other via pheromones. Essentially they vote on what to do.

I legitimately want to know if OP is on drugs.

insidescience.org/news/when-ants-get-together-make-decision

Maybe Argentine ants. They're polygynous, which means no one ant in the colony has a monopoly on the means of reproduction, and each ant is very genetically similar compared to other species to the point where they don't form individual colony identities. An Argentine ant transported to another colony even on another continent will be welcomed as if it were a native, which is weird for ants considering pretty much all other species will attack ants of the same species if they're from a foreign colony, even if it's just a few feet away. So effectively each Argentine ant colony is just a subcolony of one that spans the entire globe.

t. that weird kid that would get sweets just to put them near ant hills

Sounds lot like CPR and SU relations tbh.

99% of questions like this are a "no", and this is definitely one of them.

Ants are as much communist as wolves are capitalists.

I guess..

So, not communists?

What?

I think that it was fallacious was the insinuation

Brocalists.

All male ants can reproduce. Workers are infertile females.

Yes. Most of the ants that push for communism are NEETS who should get to work.

red ants are communist
black ones are fascist

There are ant species that conquer and enslave other ant species.

F U L L
O R G A N I C
C O M M U N I S M
N O W

I'd say they're pretty feudalist, given the role of a queen.

no, but your mother's snizz is.

naturally the tankie apologizes for the ruling class

Yes.
The Queen is a mean of (re)production.

holy shit that's hilarious

yes

Fuck off! This is a leftwing insect board. I bet a spider posted this.

But what sort of voting procedure do ants use? I know that bees use average ratings:
rangevoting.org/ApisMellifera.html

>The bees do indeed use an ingenious process which effectively does allow them to reach a consensus on the site with highest-average-vote – but which avoids any need for them to do arithmetic and is highly robust to occasional mentally-defective bees!! The process works something like compound interest in finance: if two bank accounts get different rates of compound interest, then, thanks to the miracle of exponential growth, the one with the larger interest rate eventually becomes hugely larger (even if it initially was much smaller). The bee-scouts for the best nesting site dance longer and more vigorously for it. The chance a new scout is going to check out a site, is N times bigger if there is N times more dancing for it going on. That means the interest rate, i.e. the exponential multiplication factor, i.e. the average number-of-new-scouts generated by seeing the dance of one old scout, is the largest for the best nest site. Even though the number of dancers for site A may initially be considerably smaller than the number dancing for site B, if A induces longer dances, i.e. higher exponential growth rate, then ultimately the scouts dancing for A will hugely overwhelm the number dancing for B. And note that it is precisely the average total dance-length among all the dancers for a site, that is (perhaps up to some monotonic transformation function f) its exponential growth rate. So we get exactly the range-voting effect (at least if we wait long enough): the site with the highest average score (or highest average f(score) value for some monotonic increasing function f – this f-possibility does not affect the winner), eventually totally dominates. (This also has the good side-effect of causing the best candidate sites to get examined by the most scouts, increasing accuracy and sanity.)