Why are there protable SNES and Genesis emulators, but not Gameboy and Gamegear ones?

Can someone explain this shit to me? Has the patent for portable game systems not run out yet or something, because I don't understand why Gameboy is older than SNES, yet I can't buy a knock off Chinese Gameboy to play my games?

I'd really like to buy new hardware to do that. My current shit that can play the cartridges all has scratches on the screens because no one made screen protectors before iPhones.

An no, I don't want to play roms, I want to play the actual cartridges.

Nice bait OP

OP isn't bait.

make your own

I would assume because there's less demand for making another portable variant of an already portable system, compared to being able to do stuff like play SNES games on the go back in the day. Plus, as far as the Game Boy goes, the GBA SP models were backwards compatible with both GB and GBC, which combined with side/backlighting (depending on the model) likely further reduces demand for it.

Just buy a cheap DS if you want GBA. As for Gamegear and Master System, some BR company called Tectoy still makes handhelds which are also oficially licensed.
Nice bait.

Gameboy was huge. It sold millions, of course there would be a demand for it. I just want to know why there's a difference with the patents. Is gameboy hardware still protected for some reason?

Also I have a GBA, but my screen is scratched up, thus OP.

I'm assuming the people who are telling me this is bait are just stumped by the question and can't give me an answer. Holla Forums is as knowledgeable about games as Holla Forums is about computers.

Just get over your cartridge fetish, and use a generic android handheld. Or a controller shell for your phone.

I didn't buy a smart phone on purpose. I don't want one. I bought a flip phone instead. I realize there would be a solution with roms, but I have my cartridges sitting around, I want to play them again.

I just want an answer to the patent issue. I know they don't make knockoff gameboy emulator hardware, but they even make one to stick a huge ass NES cartridge into. I just want to know why and if that patent protection will expire in the future or soon.

There is no market for it. And it would require a absurdly expensive custom chips. Even most modern retro consoles that take cartridges use emulation, because it's cheaper. The only reason NES clones were a thing is because they could be made with cheap generic chips.

God you are autistic.

You see, I don't believe this. Old gameboy cartridges are sold as often as old NES carts.

Why would stuff like Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Gear, etc. carts be that much more complicated than NES, SNES, Genesis? Isn't this stuff pretty basic tech?

1. I work on the internet/computer. When I go out, I don't want to be on the internet. 2. Mobile games are cancer. 3. I'm not going to spend extra money to simply appease Jews telling me I need to own something to be normal.

lol

get a psp or something nigger

You show 'em!.

user, you could just not open your phone without reason. The utility of being able to access Google (or whatever) for fact checking is more than reason enough to justify the cost.

Use the internet's ability to look up shit to broaden your knowledge. Don't just limit yourself because "I'll check it when I get home" (you won't).

Thanks, shlomo.

I own a Vita, you nigger.

Good goy good

Old consoles all used custom chips that are not produced anymore. The setup costs for manufacturing chips is way too big for such a small market. And the alternatives could easily increase the price by an extra one or two hundred dollar per device.

Also: A few hundred nerds selling each other stuff on ebay are not a market. You would have to sell at least a few million units to get the price down to a realistic level. Otherwise, you would end up with a price somewhere between $200 and $500.

I'm on the computer all day for work, anything of value I can look up then. Also not being able to drive somewhere without a super detailed digital map means you're a man, not a woman. So no I saw a bunch of millennial jackassses who spend all their time outdoors with their necks tilted down at a screen and decided that wasn't for me. Sorry to disappoint you, rabai.

*Also being able

Then why are the non-stop NES, SNES, Genesis retro consoles profitable, if they keep manufacturing them?

Because a handheld knock off aint the same as a handheld console. Its the novelty factor.

user…
*Is this new bait or are you really this retared?*

Assertions of being a kike aside, I've got a damn good sense of direction. I meant satisfying any random questions you may have that you'll likely forget before next seeing a computer.

There's a middleground between where you are and where the cunts you've been witnessing are. I just think you're missing out, unless you carry around a notepad to write down random shit to look up later (which I did as a teen, until I got a smartphone).

The reason we say there's no market for a third party handheld Game Boy is that the GBA SP is still around, is fully backwards compatible, and, depending on which model one's looking at, is either sidelit or backlit. There is little point in trying to make a knock off Game Boy or Game Boy Color when the SP can handle most of the functions of both, and with additional benefits. Hell, if anything, some people wanted the ability to play their Game Boy games on the big screen, hence the Super Game Boy and later, the Game Boy Player.

If playing your old Game Boy carts is that important to you (and I understand well myself, I still have my GBA carts), just get a GBA SP; and if the screen's scratched up, I'm pretty sure I've heard that there are places that do at least make replacement screens (some people have even used them to install an SP screen in the original GBA, as some feel that model was comfier). Hell, it would probably be a better experience than using the actual older Game Boy models due to the internal lighting and not needing to constantly replace batteries. As it is though, it just sounds like you're wanting a cheap knock off system, which as of now, isn't likely to happen while there's still plenty of SPs around to fill the niche of playing physical games from all three systems on one device.

They are still around because they are cheap to make. The NES has a generic chip available that was developed when Famiclones were still a profitable business. The 16 bit "clones" mostly use emulation.

So you need a Jew machine to answer random questions you have when outside in public because you're extremely unknowledgable about anything other wise? I'm sorry how is that not more autistic than not giving in to mass media fueled peer pressure?

Just looked at Amazon, a new GBA SP is coming up as $400-$500.

Well there's your problem sperg

So why is it more expensive to emulate gameboy cartridges via hardware?

What the fuck are you on about? I'm plenty more knowledgeable than the average person. Part of the reason I got this far was because I look up damn near everything that comes to mind, even in fields well outside my own.

That a kikebox normally used for normalfaggotry is the best tool for bolstering my knowledge isn't of much consequence.

OP said I wanted to buy something without a scratched screen. So why would I buy some junk that is going to likely be scratched up if New and thus Like New is that expensive?

While away from my computer*

Well of course the remaining new copies of something out of print are going to become expensive. Just get a preowned GBA SP in good condition and maybe replace the screen if needed.

Also, don't go off of Amazon's preview prices, as they show what they themselves sell stuff for first and foremost. In many cases, the regular vendor price is lower, sometime MUCH lower (compare a PS1 game they stock themselves for $400, which might only be $100 preowned from a regular seller).

You sound pretty fucking stupid if you have to look up stuff constantly and instantaneously. I mean having a conversation and having to whip out your phone to prove things you should already know sound extremely autistic to me. Not to mention there's something to be said to having life experiences without your electric Jew telling you where to eat, what movie to see, etc. etc.

It's not. Neither would it be profitable to sell a GB clone. Healthy people who want mobile emulation use their phones, or generic handhelds.

Hey OP. Speaking for myself I don't have money to throw around buying that kind of hardware. Still, I am very infatuated to megadrive, snes, gba and ds era roms. (mostly megadrive and snes).
I owned a GBA SP and a DSLite. The first one is broken and the later's triggers are both busted.
I share your dislike for smartphones as well. Still, I have one and a tablet. I was gifted the smartphone because the previous owner had a better one and had no use for two. It's honestly pretty bad and barely works without freezing if I use the internet but I can still run gba games on it. Tactile controls don't really do it for me though.
I won a tablet as a prize and it's way better than the phone. I don't think this will satisfy your cartridge itch but if you just want to play games you can plug an usb keyboard/controller into it through an otg cable. It's pretty cheap and it works.

Then why are things like this products:

For unhealthy people.

Are you fucking braindead? Is it really that hard to fathom that someone might NOT use their phone whilst talking, or that these questions he's thinking of aren't just related to everyday life? If you're going to argue against having a smartphone for reasons of data collection and anonymity, that's fine and reasonable, but the way you're going on about answering questions being bad makes you sound like a fucking sperglord.

It's a portable version of a non-portable console I guess. Like the N64 one posted earlier on the thread. I don't think people will make a knockoff GB because the GB itself was already portable. As for the GameGear it could be just my country but I never heard of it until I really started getting into emulation so maybe chinese people think there's no market.

Probably because they don't have a readily available, sub $50 alternative. You know, like a used GBA.

So you're also a dumbass that doesn't know anything and needs to give the dead corpse of Steve Jobs his shekkels because the real world is so confusing and the only way you can comprehend the out doors is spending it with your neck tilted down at a screen?

Maybe I'm just smarter than you are and aren't constantly confused by things I see on the street and inside stores?

Feels pretty good to know I'm not as brain washed as some people that I can go outdoors without a computer as a crutch and don't go into an autistic rage when I found out someone doesn't want to buy the most Jewish product idea ever created, something people had no need for previously until the Jews and media told them they need to have it.

2/10 made me reply

guys guess what I found a portable iphone emulator, and you can even plug it in a wall so you don't lose it

Whats the screen dpi

it's better than Retina, you can't even see the pixels

Get a fucking Nomad for Genesis shit.