How is Nintendo going to go broke when they make 1.6 million a day for this 1 fucking mobile app...

forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/11/firm-estimates-pokemon-go-has-7-5m-downloads-1-6m-daily-revenue-in-us-alone/

How is Nintendo going to go broke when they make 1.6 million a day for this 1 fucking mobile app. 1 app that has ZERO CONTENT. How the fuck are people even playing it? I could see if you can battle people, battle pokemon and have even some quests but this shit is bare bones as possible and even the servers are shit people are spending money on this?!?!

Is this the next clash of clans/angry birds? Will they make a movie out of this?

How are we supposed to have a video game crash when shit like makes companies money? Will this mean Nintendo will go full force mobile? This will make more money than the wiiU in 2 months I swear. What will be the future of Nintendo after the shareholders see this?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0sSFQ
infinitelooper.com/?v=6xKWiCMKKJg&p=n
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Simple. I look to see if there's anything neat nearby, and if there is, I go catch it. Otherwise I farm up candies so I can have high CP Pokemon so I can overtake gyms when faggots steal them from my team.

Today I had a 3 hour bikeride downtown hitting up all the pokestops in my area and I even went to the damn waterfront for once

Stop making these fucking Pokemon Go threads. No one gives a shit about mobile trash here.

You cared enough to respond ;)

I have two co-workers playing this, they really don't care that it's so bare bones, it's just the novelty of Pokemon on your phone.

archive.is/0sSFQ

You'd really think they would not try to push onto everyone possible?

Nintendies has always known how to bait normalfags, this move to go mobile should not surprise anyone. I hope they actually end overtaking some of the cancer in the process.

It's really only been Pokemon that's gone mobile so far, hasn't it? I don't recall any other mobile venture off the very top of my head besides that Tomodachi thing and that's more a supplementary app to existing social networks.

THAT'S ONLY ON iOS OP, IT'S NOT COUNTING ANDROID

Pretty sure, just saying I wouldn't mind seeing them wipe the floor with some of the extreme trash on mobile. They are nothing but brand and normalfags are highly brand conscious. That's enough to lure them away from the majority of generic shit out there. I kind of enjoy what could eventually happen here.

They've got Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem for mobile on the way, but they've said that their mobile titles will be distinct from their main titles, I hope Animal Crossing is a spin off that has tie in functionality with the main AC game.

I suppose we won't see the death of Nintendo yet. Too bad. They'll probably waste the money on another gimmick console.

Nigger, pokemon is one of the longest running manga ever made, has multiple feature length movies and a metric fuckton of spin-offs.

I just have this feeling that in 2 weeks nobody is going to care. Remember when Miitomo was hot shit? Yeah I haven't booted it up since mid may.

After all the NEETS take over the gyms, casuals won't want to play.

Am i imagining shit or was this already a thing before? Where you'd go around catching pokemons irl? Or was that google earth?

Normalfags are the nemesis of NEET because for the low sum of $19.99 they can buy enough pokecoins to overthrow even supercharged autismos astartes ran gym. NEETs of course wouldn't be able to accomplish such feat.

It'd be interesting seeing a name as absolutely enormous as Nintendo go into mobile themselves since so far they've not really done anything but simple stuff and companion apps. Pokemon's probably the biggest thing they'll push for mobile though I didn't know about the AC and Fire Emblem for mobile that mentions.

Nintendo has more money than God, you could see several totally failed generations and Nintendo wouldn't break a sweat until maybe the fourth successive failure.

user, it's still in beta. It's not even version 1.0 yet. No shit it's still bare bones. What matters is whether or not it will remain bare bones, which remains to be seen.

Besides, you're forgetting just how important 'novelty' is for a generation that grew up on Pokemon and now has the closest thing to real life catchan and battlan we've ever seen. It's not a surprise at all it's popular at the moment.

Being an autismo NEET, I enjoy that it allows me to get out of my car and go talk to large groups of people. This is something I've never had before.

I even felt cool today when a bunch of people were asking me how to do such and such.

I know it's a fad, but I'll enjoy it until it completely dies in like a month.

at least today I didn't want to hang myself

That's cool of you user, I'm happy you are happy.

If its beta then why does it have micro transactions?

How else are they making money off of this?

Shh do you hear it
The sound of sonygger butthurt

infinitelooper.com/?v=6xKWiCMKKJg&p=n

Some idiots here were actually trying to push a "narrative" that PKMN GO wouldn't be successful. I said it then, I'll say it again: mobile, like PS4, practically never gets any decent games so when a recognized company makes a game for mobile of course people will play it. Many of you are trying so desperately to meme a video game crash into existence that you're entirely divorced from reality. Get real.

The normalfags have taken Holla Forums from us. At least for the summer.

There's no turning back from this. The game industry is doomed.

Normalfagging viral marketing.
Source: I'd never heard of this shit until both of my parents brought it up and my mom who has never cared about Pokemans wants to play because it's getting the young people outside again or whatever.

I guess it's good people go outside for exercise and socialize, but holy fuck, it's Pokemon, a kid's game.

Actually, Pokemon was just marketed to kids specifically in the US because adults would be more likely to buy it for their kids.

At least since a year ago
Mods, what happened

So you started posting a year ago and people have been disagreeing with your shit taste and opinions ever since is what I'm hearing :^)

Because Nintendo sees very little of that money?
The game is partly owned by Google and The Pokemon Company and nintendo only owns a third of the Pokemon company

I have a feeling they're simply testing the waters right now.
They released a half-baked app to ready the servers for all the load it will get when they decide to implement more features.

Hell, they haven't even released it in Japan yet right?

Also, I would guess that when those other features are implemented, we would have players with varying levels of Pokemons instead of having everyone's at pretty much the same level.

It's a fad, and not Holla Forums type fad, but an actual fad. Pokemon GO is very limited and can only stay interesting for about one or two weeks to normalfags give or take depending on the person.

It's the fucking Wii all over again. Normalfag central EVERYWHERE. Anti-video game, because normalfags don't like video games. It advocates doing normalfag things. The Wii advocated moving and exercising, Pokemon Go advocates moving and exercising.

I'm glad they finally got CFW on the 3DS so I don't have to give that company a single cent ever again and can enjoy Monster Hunter while hoping the franchise crawls back to Sony for a Vita release.

It'll vastly depend on fixing server issues and how frequent content updates are done. It'll stabilize into making shittons of money (as oppose to a fuckton) in a months time.

Not that I want to be an asshole, but it's clear that it's just never going to happen.

No, user, you don't understand.
You see, the content of the game is exercise. Your gameplay reward is getting ripped and getting laid and making friends with all of the dudebros and gamrgurls you meet on your pokemon journeys.
The rest of the game is just there to facilitate social behavior, to turn autists into normalfags.

Push button get pokemon - it's that simple because otherwise you couldn't properly focus on the people around you. The future of vidya is background noise.

I don't even need to add any to cook pasta

Ash Ketchum, this is CIA.

You don't get to bring legendaries.

So they used to do contract work for the goverment. So what? Walmart is a contractor for the goverment. MacDonalds is a contractor. Fucking Ben&Jerrys is a contractor for the goverment.

There will never ever be a video game crash until the day in which video games are not profitable, which is never going to happen.
When will you faggots learn that you are not the majority or most profitable market anymore. Either go normalfag or find a new hobby.

The industry is too big to crash now.
But on other hand it is tossing a lot of opportunities on the garbage by not understanding its own media and not trying and improving the main thing about games that is the gameplay itself.

And well, nintendo tried something new here and succeeded horribly.

They're too busy making money off Fate/Grand Order in Japan and Asia, its probably Microsoft since they don't have a GO game.

What is this bullshit?

forgot pic

Nintendo doesn't want to add combat. Theyre hoping this mobile distraction will make you buy their 3ds games. And its working.

Yes.
But my point is that there are a lot of "pokemon gos" waiting to be discovered.

Also a lot of actually good game styles.

bragging about going outside is sub /r9k/ shit, people need to stop

if you only started going outside to play the nerd equivalent of Kim Kardashians Fashion Game then you have nothing to brag about

Where will you stream your next shitting session?

Your country has an internet connection and can therefore give shekels to Nintendo.

Wait what? You can't do this in game? How do you catch pokemon then? What's the point if you can't battle them?

How cool would it be to start your own gym and expand your territory and shit and have gang turf wars but with pokemon instead of actual murder.

if you want this to fail you better pray to your favorite deity they better not add PvP, custom gyms, trading or new gens

They will.

New gen and PVP I already planned to be added

But pokemon go is a ruse by the illuminati to steal your eye color data and what you eat for dinner! Don't let them control you!!!

I once played Geocashing, borderline pen&paper version of this shit.
You have a map with exact coordinates on it.
You go there and try and find something that looks like a hobo's crack storage.
Inside is normally a piece of paper.
You write your name on it and maybe take a picture and upload it to prove you found it.
Some people treat them as a kind of time capsule and put stuff in them.
Just a dumb little scavanger hunt kind of thing.

The next I played was Fog of the World.
You have a map and the map is google maps.
The map is all fogged out.
The more places you go the less fog there is.
The more fog you remove the more points you get and the higher your level gets.

Those are pretty bare bones games.
They have zero content.

This has more to it but what it has is focused on grinding much like poke'mon.
No real skill, you get poke'mon at borderline random much like poke'mon.
No real strategy or else dumb little kids wouldn't play and enjoy it much like poke'mon.

It is far from the most inapt incarnation of the franchise.

So on to the real question
Say they do give up on tripple-A game development.
That sounds like a pretty crash-like vacuum.
Does the market still exist for tripple-A games?
Maybe it is a lot smaller, but maybe that is a good thing, a smaller casual audience.
The only question would be if you can turn a profit.
Can you spit in the face of a kike-ass ideology, the worship of Mammon and sacrifice the potential money you'd have being one of the shitbags that offers less or become the very sellout you despise?
Can your investors?

Nice joke, buddy

If i don't get to bring legendaries do you seriously expect me to grind all that shit before beating elite 4?

as a BR i haven't seen any mention of pokemon go, however the media is revving up shilling for indieshit, EA and microsoft (microsoft did buy ads to advertise the xbox and games of their partners but now they're also paying news networks to shill)

kek i tried geocache once, there was actual crack in it and dangerous wildlife fucking around