ITT: Games that would come out and be immediately enormously successful...

ITT: Games that would come out and be immediately enormously successful, but game developers are too stupid to make/release:

Other urls found in this thread:

valvetime.net/threads/erik-wolpaw-still-at-valve-retracting-our-round-up.255093/
youtube.com/watch?v=TxwMY1tTNQ8&list=PL9BF0206BDCC26041
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/697130115751280640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sonic 06 was the closest we're getting to a Sonic Adventure 3

It would probably sell about as well as any modern Sonic game. I think some people over have built the Adventure games up in their heads to be something far bigger than they actually are.

it's happening fam, announcement on the 22nd

I would take Sonic Generations 2 instead of Sonic Adventure 3 any time.

It needs its own game.

You're delusional, OP. The Sonic brand is tarnished beyond all repair and SA3 wouldn't even break a million sales.

Jet Set Radio 3, however, going by the recent success of colorful arcadey games such as Overwatch and Splatoon, could be a huge success if SEGA played their cards right.

Sonic 06 WAS Sonic Adventure 3.

Gabe doesn't make games cause making games doesn't give him as much money as do trading markets on steam. If he would ever make Half Life 3, he would do it only for his own pleasure. In terms of business its not needed for the company to survive.

Also main scenario writer left the studio, so it won't even be the continuation of original story anyway.

Thinking about it, konami is the same as valve. It doesn't need MGS series or Silent Hill games to make profit, when main profit comes from pachinko machines.

Nobody knows what it is except from nerds and Holla Forums autists. I assure you. It was never a popular title.

It was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Not battle 2. I made that mistake when I was 8 what's your excuse. also why would they give the first release of the game a Re-release subtitle.

That autism aside.

pretty much

Sonic is for little kids
I need a edgy Serious game cus my parents don't understand me.

Its funny that you used duke photoshop. When duke nukem forever flopped almost like sonic 06 did.

Wait… they not planning to make Sonic Generations 2 which will include Sonic Boom version of Sonic?!

I actually just watched my friend stream Shadow the Hedgehog for me. As edgy as it is, it's bad rep is solely from meme spouters ever since edge because ironic. The game has more downs then ups, and it's a flawed game mechanically, but it's sad seeing it have such a bad rep. All of the references to Adventure 2, Heroes, and the older games was so nice and it felt touching to have a conclusion to those games to tie up that era of Sonic. I still believe it's a bad game, but it's not horrible. The developers obviously put a LOT of work into it, naming every route (200ish of them exist), among other things.
Excuse my autistic rant, but I feel like even though it's a bad game, people say it's bad for the wrong reasons. It's sad.

A lot of effort during the work on Shadow The Hedgehog was put into designs, cutscenes and music.

In general, it would have been much better game if game tried to stay with the gameplay of original sonic adventure 2 instead of introducing slow and shitty shooting mechanics.

It's a fucking shame they didn't keep the gameplay from at least Heroes, but the story and music worked out decent, at least.
>tfw playing the ARK level racing against Sonic that ends on Final Rush

I get that feeling from pretty much all the 3D Sonic games pre-Colors. Even if they are objectively bad on several levels, you can't fault Sonic Team for not trying. The kind of kusoge that comes from indifference or the acceptance of the futility of trying to make a worthwhile game under an impossible deadline is very different than the kind of kusoge that comes from an incompetent dev with passion and a vision. As bad as games like Heroes and Shadow are, there's more to them then the likes of Ninjabread Man and M&M's Kart Racing.

As funny as ow the edge jokes are, I played the shit out of it as a kid so I do have very fond memories of the game.

My only real disappointed when it comes to recent Sonic games is that the Chaos Control as a concept have been pretty much forgotten.
If you were to expand Shadows chaos powers it could make for a sweet action game, but that's just the Devil May Cry fan in me talking.

me and my friends played the shit out of it too.
one of them was autistic enough to get every ending.

I replayed it recently to see if I would still like it as an adult.
I still like it

Eggman May Cry

That applies to everything Sega does. Now they've blown their chance and everybody except us has forgotten about all their shit except sonic. Sega mismanage the fuck out of sanic Except for the new PR guy and just forget about everybody else. Why the fuck did PSO2 not come out in the west. Westerners went through hell just to play that shit.

Many did. In fact people even voted it as one of the best games ever in a gamesmaster poll. Many people love that game or did. I played it as a kid and thought it was great. It's probably fucking garbage but I haven't touched it in years.

Because of all the recent controversy, I feel like Mega Man Legends 3 would actually sell better than intended in the current environment. Not astronomically well, but pretty darn well.

I don't remember seeing anyone say that Shadow is the worst game ever or that it's unplayable or anything, it's just kind of crappy. The general sense I get from people is that it's a mediocre game with a silly level of edginess. That's also how I remember it from when I played it.

I played it when I was 13 but I don't have fond memories of it. I got some entertainment out of it but overall I didn't think it was very good. I'd still like to replay it some day to see how I like it. Same with Sonic Heroes, another game that I didn't much like when it was new.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? I'd much rather see an original game with its own levels than the ones we've all seen before. That and Lost World and Boom weren't good enough to justify being added to Generations and I say that despite being aware that '06 inspired one of its levels

Specifically Sonic-related, if Nintendo and SEGA got their heads out of their asses and made a full Mario & Sonic crossover platformer instead of this Olympic bullshit even if the music was really good, props to SEGA's sound team, it'd be an instant best seller, guaranteed.

Yeah marketers literally don't know what the fuck to do when an IP becomes a fucking joke

The usual "fix" is to become the joke which if you take a look at the cutscenes of the most recent sanic games and the official twitter for the franchise you can pretty much tell thats exactly was sega is doing right now

Problem is even the "haha we suck, isn't it fun?" meme can become tired and dull but people will still believe the sonic IP fucking sucks, just that its also boring so its not worth even to laugh at it

The best thing sega can do right now is take their time and make a good fucking sonic game. ALL the games since SA2 were rushed as fuck, even unleashed, generations and colors lacked some polish, but boom was the biggest disaster since 06 if not worse

Sega needs to take 3-4 years and get a good team together with a decent budget to basically reboot the franchise, and I don't mean reboot as "lets change sanics design again durr" but actual reboot that changes the way the game plays in 3D trying to evolve what was done right with the hedgehog engine rather than going back to dumb shitty concepts like they did with lost world and boom.

Say sega announces Shadow 2, would you guys buy it?

Both sonic boom games barely sold 500k units

Shadow outsold 2 sonic boom games on the wiiu and 3DS by 1,090,000 units

An SA 3 with an a Chao garden with online play.

I would drop my money in a heart beat.

Skies of Arcadia 2.

I would buy shadow 2 if they drop the multiple paths thing and if they make it even more 13 yr old edgy, but I doubt sonic team is self aware enough to pull that off

Given all of the hints Weber has been dropping, it'd be outta left field if it weren't SA3.

What about the gameplay?

I would make it less like original shadow and more like Vanquish, sans the cover mechanic

I would keep it the way it is, just make it less floaty and fix the bugs.

You got Sonic adventure 3
It was Shadow the Hedgehog
Everyone complained about having to beat the game as different characters, so when they finally made it, they put all the mechanics on one character
Item hunting, shooting, and going fast

It was actually a pretty good game

only if it's on pc

Wut? I grew up playing it and didn't think it was bad… The PC version was fine too.

I've been waiting for Sonic Adventure 3 for years. They'll never do it because Sega employees are required to eat lead every day, but it won't stop me from dreaming.

You will never knew what they cut from battle version.

You mean this?

What does Holla Forums think of Sonic Adventure 3 as set on an entirely open-world Mobius, going from Zone to Zone?

I mean guys think back to the Classics (particularly Sonic 3 cutscenes) where the journey was implied/shown.

Oh and

Kojidrones, everybody

I mean all that stuff is neat, but I don't feel too bad for having missed out on costumes… GHZ was in Battle as an unlockable anyway

It could work, but I doubt it. Alternatively Modern sonic stages with different characters in the mix.

That game has really good music

Never knew about this.

Go learn what the fuck a simile is, faggot.

Checked.

fucking this ( ) you autistic cunt taking everything literally. Did you actually think I meant Solid Knuckles or something? Wew lad.

Anyway let's face it, the only real problem with my idea I can see is budget and scope for SEGA. They're far too timid/poor to make this a reality. But I mean you can tell they've been gagging for it in the past with the Xtreme/Adventure series. But IMO the problem with the 3D games as been confining them in linear stages. Don't get me wrong, linear stages are what made the classics. But I think all the camera issues/stopping and starting flow breaking issues could in fact be remedied by a open design.

You have to unlock Eggrobo in Battle version by completing all Rogue missions, Green Hill is still there too and most importantly, you can play with alt costumes in PC version thanks to mods.

Either that or retreat into playing it completely safe, as the new Star Wars did- they basically remade A New Hope, cut exposition because they don't want anything that reminds people of the prequels, make everyone fly the same spaceships as they did 40 years ago.

Which is pretty much Generations. People love the old games, so shove the old games in everyone's faces, make it 100% nostalgia trip so it can't be judged solely on its own merits.

The problem is Sega is married to the crude and slippery gameplay style of the first Sonic Adventure, which is set up so that ideally the player blows past all the scenery and setpieces as quickly as possible. Then they realise they've made a very short game for all their effort so they desperately try to pad it out as much as possible. (Playing the game 4 times over in Heroes, a zillion times over in Shadow, playing the same levels over and over with gimmicks for Secret Rings, slowing it down for werehog mode in Unleashed, etc etc.

Isn't that down to the fact though that the stages are linear though and shoved through a corridor? Surely an open world style, that includes the journey from zone to zone and the zones themselves having a 360 degree playing field would legitimately enhance replayability and emergent gameplay. I'm taking a planet (Mobius) in terms of scope (but scaled obviously, hence Mobius and not Earth).

Just give me Chao garden with online gameplay and ill play that shit all day every day.

I just want them to go back to the Adventure style mechanics and level design. While the controls in those games could definitely be tighter, I never understood how anyone could say they were bad. Personally I thought Heroes was the first game where the controls were a legitimate issue and every game after that (besides maybe Lost World) had the same problem. Sonic in the Adventure titles could often feel slippery at high speeds but in later games it's like he's running on air. It's only because the level design is so simple and linear that people don't notice this.

Also fuck Generations. I'd rather play City Escape a hundred times before I bother with that circle-jerk game for fanboys.

The fact that Nintendo didn't try to make a third game with the Wii U Gamepad being used to tag stuff, still amazes me. Probably would have turned out better than Sonic Boom.

They spend 20 Million on Sonic Boom though its unsure of the Video game/cartoon split on taht is

fugg

That early beta footage unearthed didn't look too bad
At least the Nintendo deal is done though

Indeed. As much as I want to see HL3 as much as the next fan, now that the main writer left…it simply won't happen. The dream is finally over. Even if they do eventually announce it, we all know it won't be how HL was suppose to end, since game's scenario won't be write by guy who pretty much started it. But, there is a good thing! HL3 wait is finally over. Now we can finally move on…

Don't be a fool. Valve knows it would be successful, but putting those resources into hats has proved even more so. They're not stupid; they just follow the cash.

That why I said a total reboot: with SW they still had to keep the story going, but the story in a sonic game is an accessory, is like a GTA game in that you don't need a strict continuity between the games though the story within every GTA game is obviously leaps and bounds ahead of any sonic game

My point is just start again: make a new sonic trilogy and put sonic alone in the first, then reintroduce the other characters as it goes forward.

That's the problem with 3D sonic, 3D mario changed the layout of the levels completely because the team realized 2D-over-3D was dumb and counterintuitive for the players which is why mario64 was radically different from 2D marios. Even 2.5D levels in mario64 had fully 3D sections, and afaik only the bowser ones were like that and for the sake of difficulty.

But sonic in 3D just used the 2D model, the "corridor" which every game from adventure 1 to generations uses is the old platforms from the 2D games but in 3D, when you think about it is a lot like those first person mario games.

Even in 2D sonic you had different paths through a level and platforms that went under others, but not in the 3D games.

With the corridor model of course the game is going to suck, you only run and any mistake is a fall down a bottomless pit. With open world you don't have this problem, and open world doesn't mean lack of levels, you can have the levels themselves be open world

After the success of pokemon go I bet sega is working on a chao garden app

Nobody cares, JSR was never popular, it was a great game but it was always niche

The faggots at brb were retards anyway, it took them 4 years to do that bullshit sonic uncharted

Guys, Erik is still with Valve ( valvetime.net/threads/erik-wolpaw-still-at-valve-retracting-our-round-up.255093/ )
I guess not all is lost :^)

If that would mean they'd get rid of Alyx then that would only be a good thing. though most likely if HL3 ever happens Alyx is even more of a shitty forced waifu for Gordun Frohman

Alyx was supposed to meet her ex/crush at Kraken base

Not sure why, but I loved those cheesy TV-style promos for the story modes.

That Last Story one got me legit hyped as a kid.

Nailed it, complete agreement and good comparison user.

I think we can give SEGA benefit of the doubt in the Sonic Adventure 1 since they only had the Dreamcast to work with and not even GTA had world streaming figured out let along Mr. Needlemouse himself at full pelt.

However in the current year there really is no excuse for SEGA not to go for it. I mean after Sonic Boom the only way is up right? [spoiler];-( right?!?![spoiler]

But yes, I barely see this idea discussed enough even among fans- if you Google it only a few times- hence I made that first post about it just now.

Hrrrmmm dunno about that. Think Dreamcast itself was niche, and Xbox wasn't incredibly popular at the time of JSR:Future either. Didn't it do alright on the HD Remaster? I don't think the concept itself is particularly niche.

Dark Souls 4

I'm tired of hearing this. Shadow the Hedgehog is technically Sonic Adventure 3 because it takes place right after SA2.

If anything it'd be Sonic Unleashed, since that game was originally titled Sonic World Adventure.

The game would either have to be really good or have appeal to the general audience. Autistic furshit does not appeal to the general audience, and Sonic games were never good and they never will be.

Sonic 06 was supposed to be Shadow 2.

zoey mercy hospital all day every day.

only regret is that L4D and L4D2 weren't more like red faction guerilla (physics destruction engine) and counterstrike's zombie mod, (zm_spacestation_escape), shooting couches and soda machines up against office building room doors, hearing the zombie players knifing at the barricade and trying to get in. good memories… too bad counterstrike source was literally a virus and killed every single computer I ever installed it on.

I also also regret that Left 4 Dead never had a "normal zombies only mode" perhaps a type of infected somewhere in between 28 days later infected, and shaun of the dead zombies. overwhelming numbers, fast shuffle but slow overall movement, easy to incapacitate them but nearly impossible to totally kill one without serious effort.

would have made an excellent game. Zombie U almost got this right, but missed way off by far.

seriously, why hasn't the red faction guerilla physics destruction engine been used in every single game in the world by now yet? go look up that game, it even ran on the xbox360. It didn't need much power by today's standards. imaging the entire game world being destructible like that. I dream of video games being like this every day. Imagine a starwars game:

>fully customize your character clothes/ gender (or futa character) / lightsaber exterior looks and internal hardware

what if there was a game about the life of a normal girl, Girl Life simulator, but with Penis DLC?

when customizing your character in the beginning (or anytime-customization in options??) you could pick what you would like and not-like about the aspects of your simulated girls life.

for example she would be 18 years old but still doing everything school related, and you can choose all sorts of settings to play around in, even college and summer camp/some kind of scouts/water parks/ and more just to include every girl thing possible.
game has a slightly japanese anime girl vibe, but nothing like that bad stereotypical anime style type that gets made constantly and has no watching value. (what's the name for this?)

forgot to mention you could enable/disable the DLC whenever you want in the options and freak out the NPC's in the game
can you bring it back…?

what if the girl is one of those cool girls that goes on Holla Forums or something? she has mild autism but isn't really geeky or nerdy, but she doesn't absolutely just quite fit in with everyone so every social interaction has the possibility to be extremely awkward.

basically dick girl spaghetti pocket overflow simulator. also a videogame store in the game called shamestop

cursed mode:

You've been cursed with a penis that grows slightly bigger day after day. The larger your dick the lower the cameo index of different articles of clothing and the more dangerous/deadly your boners become. Like fainting in the middle of the hallway from lack of blood or accidentally knocking someone over the rail of the second floor. Of course with ways to hide/temporarily slow the growth.

you can tailor different social encounters for a better school experience with the boner being a randomized element of suprise so each playthrough isn't the same.

During free periods in school and after school you can hunt down a way to remove/reverse the curse placed on you. Which could involve some more video game elements to complement the school stealth.

They are announcing Sonic Adventure 3 on the 22nd.

A sequel to Metal Gear Rising.
Or perhaps an MGR game that could link together MGS 2 and 4.

Source?

I'm pretty sure this is the sentiment most people carry in their minds about the game. I know I do, at the very least.

Ow the edge jokes are fun, but when you get down to business shadow the edgehog was at the very least decent.

If that's the criteria we're going by, then Heroes is technically Sonic Adventure 3.

Either the NiGHTS or both ports bombed in sales, which might be the reason we haven't seen new ports, lately.

Yeah. I'm willing to make mistakes.

If they could actually pull it off, it'd probably be the best sonic game in a long time.

bump for good thred

Sonic '06 was Sonic 3 in the way Sonic 4 was Sonic 4. It was so half assed it doesn't count. People obviously mean they want a Sonic Adventure 3 with at least the same amount of effort that was put into the first 2.

Boom is a different universe not made by Sonic Team and originally not even intended to be released in Japan. They will surely ignore it.

This. I feel somewhat similar about '06. People shit on it for largely the wrong reasons, while ignoring most of the actual problems, and ignoring all the actual positive things about the game. Granted, those positive things are much more scarce than they are in Shadow, but still.

In '06 Shadow just uses Chaos blasts instead of guns. Pretty logical idea. For some reason he's slow as shit in the game, but otherwise, they had the right idea of giving him more offensive moves but less acrobatic moves than Sonic. Should have just made him equally fast, though.

It's not like the levels in Generations were actually the same as the old games. They were just the same themes but with new layouts. I don't mind that. Themes always get repeated across games anyway. Generations' problem was just that they largely picked the wrong levels and the game was overall pretty short, even to 100%.

If Generations had picked levels that were in multiple games and used that as an excuse to have more coverage it would have been cool. Sonic 3 should have had its own level, and that level should have been Ice Cap, since it's also in Sonic Adventure. Or Sonic Adventure's level should have been Ice Cap, since it was in Sonic 3. The Heroes level had the right idea since it did use elements from the other beach level in Adventure. Sky Sanctuary is a great level that's very unique and memorable, but using Lava Reef and mixing it with Red Mountain would have been cool. Sonic 2 should have used Death Egg and mixed it with elements of Sonic & Knuckles' Death Egg.

Also the remixed music on the more modern levels didn't always work. Like instead of filling Classic City Escape with more techno beats, which ended up sounding more modern anyway, they should have just done a more orchestral version, or just literally done it with Genesis sounds.

Fuck new gameplay styles. Sonic's Adventure-era gameplay style was great. It just relies on proper level design, and I guess most devs don't give enough of a shit to do that, so they just use the Modern GOTTA GO FAST style so they can make sparse hallways that serve as glorified QTEs.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The first was mediocre but it had good ideas. If they fixed the movement so it was as smooth as Adventure 2, and found a way to make the path system work without repeating a couple of the level goals so many times, it could be great.

The multiple paths is one of the best parts of the game. They just need to give you more options on the first level so you don't literally end up doing the same three missions three times each.

Heroes and '06 are both closer to Sonic Adventure 3 than Shadow is. If anything Shadow is Sonic Adventure 4.

No.

The Chaos story was being built up since Sonic 2. Sonic always had a story. You just never noticed.

Open world platforming is very hard to do right. It's hard to make a proper platformer level when you can just take a different route around the obstacles. Even the games that try to do it end up essentially doing different paths that just loop around and connect at a hub, like Jak & Daxter.

Open world exacerbates camera problems, it doesn't make them better. And "camera problems" weren't even serious in the old games. They're just excuses for people who don't know how to platform or play video games in general. And starting and stopping? If you're starting and stopping in Sonic Adventure 2, get good, faggot.

Then why did they ditch that style almost 10 years ago? Ditched it for a style that was much more about blowing past everything. The Adventure games didn't have that problem, but they weren't as rushed as the games after them. Sonic Adventure 2 did it right, with all the extra missions, unlockables, and a good ranking system. Tons of proper content.

And Shadow doesn't actually have you play the same game a zillion times, though it does make you play the first level 10 times, you have three different goals in it. Most goals are done two or three times. Almost half are only done once.

Yeah we all know all open world games inherently have more replayability, right? That's why Skyrim is the best game ever. It's not like open world games are never just sparse and boring with unmemorable environments that just pad the space between missions.

I'm not inherently against your idea, I loved the Adventure Fields in Adventure and Unleashed, but I wouldn't make the whole game like that. They work as hub worlds. If you want to have the other levels literally branch off from them, fine, but the main levels should be linear with multiple paths. That's what Sonic is, and it's largely just what platformers are.

But Sonic and GTA both have stories that build a lot between games. Also, since you can ignore story when you want, there's no need to reboot. You can just downplay it if you want. Which they've done in Heroes, and then again in every game since '06.

This is why Super Mario 3D World is the best 3D Mario. It actually plays like Mario, unlike the others.

No, it's a lot like 3D World or Crash Bandicoot. Which are great. They're not inherently worse just because they rely more on very specific platforming instead of exploration. Even though there is still a decent amount of exploration in Adventure, SA2, and some other Sonic games.

I'll fite u nigga.

Did I go back to 2003? Did you just play GTAIII for the first time?

What did you think of Sonic Unleashed's Day Stage level design?

major spoilers dont read best female revan

youtube.com/watch?v=TxwMY1tTNQ8&list=PL9BF0206BDCC26041

It's fine. Not as good as Adventure 2 though.

sonic generations 2 would be garbage; they've already plucked and redone all of the interesting levels and bosses from the sonic franchise. Sonic Generations was an amazing game but that's all it's going to be

i can't believe they've completely dropped the chao garden in recent games, even on sonic chronicles they were really cool even though you couldn't do shit with them

Sonic Adventure 3 was Sonic 06, dumbass.
Hell, you could say that every Sonic after that was Sonic Adventure 4, 5 etc. Since they play the same.

no knuckles levels/chao gardens=total shit and not sonic adventure 3

Face it, even if SA3 hasn't technically come out already, if it did come out it would be shit

A new Metroid Prime

Ape Escape 4 but the fanbase keeps getting smaller

>you see, the rogue AI now having become self-delaware feels shitty about it's existance as a slave to the system and being forced to take everyone's shit except when it's a hot chick

wher wher you wen mobius say nayo" "u ned too tak the oreng vitamin an then u go insie the hamstre caeg n ur drems coma tru [yes]

Okay, here's the problem with you Sonic fans, you don't want good games, you just want more, and Sega has had a hard time making a good Sonic game since Generations, but that was still incredibly mediocre. Of course it would be successful, because you stupid faggots will keep buying it time after time regardless.

I though it was more that they hired a cheap no-name third party developer that collapsed while making the game and had to push out a beta before imploding.

Yeah, this.

The problem isn't Sega not trying X. What do you think Shadow with guns, Silver, Werehog, all that gimmicky shit was? The more disturbing problem is that Sonic team kept failing in DIFFERENT ways, every game an overreaction to the last, and still crapped out mediocre at best games that are quickly forgotten by anyone but the autists.

They're simply incompetent, and lack the talent and organisation, let alone vision or follow-through, to make a good game, especially since they basically have to go back to the drawing board on making a Sonic game that isn't short, padded, janky or utterly derivative. And good games are hard enough for good developers to make.

It's practically free money.

and HD remake of SSB Melee?

I want an HD remake of the original SSB for the Wii U with online capability multiplayer and the ability to use the gamepad or Wii U pro controller.

But Kojima left so it won't be the same

If you can tell me how they can keep more than just the most autistic players happy with that then go on. The chao garden complimented the main gameplay of the Adventure games by making it feel like not a waste of time to practice and replay levels as well as giving you an optional laid back break from the constant action. Shitty automatic mini games and ring-grinding gambling like GBA games doesn't make for a complete package, the chaos need to have a central purpose. I've wondered a good deal what a good game involving chaos would be but it's just half ideas. I feel like I should make a thread just about imagining a dream chao game, I wrote up like four paragraphs worth of ideas in some Eggman thread here but either nobody cared or went in the thread in the first place.

That was the original idea for MGR last I remember. But yeah, wouldn't be the same without Kojima, and not like Konami would fork out the money for anything that isn't literal gambling now.

Could be something Harvest Moon-ish. Or tie it into an app or something, normalfags eat that shit up. Look at Nintendo blowing the market out of the water with a gimmicky app which is the one-eyed king in the land of inbred blind retards that is the mobile market.

What if Sega blew our fucking minds and had a trailer looking like it was gonna be another Olympic Games title trailer but then it was a true Mario and Sonic game? -and then then made a Generations 2 with Mario locales.

What if sega just blew up and died?

That would be better.

You'd think so, but I'm not sure if Sega and Nintendo can actually cooperate well enough for that. The Olympics games are so damn poker-faced, though maybe all the IPs involved make any semblance of creativity hard.

-but then how will I get my fast?

By buying windows 10 and nvidia 1080!

I want to cum inside cream

RAYMAN 4
FUCK YOU MURPHY YOU TOLD ME YOU'D SEE ME THERE ITS BEEN
YEARS
ORIGINS AND LEGENDS ARE NOT RAYMAN 4, MURPHY
IF ANYONE BRINGS UP THE RABBIDS I'LL WOUNDFUCK THEM

I want to believe user, I truly want to believe. Nothing would make me happier than to see a new JSR game. However I'm also willing to bet that SEGA would fuck it up completely if they made it. It would probably be Xbone exclusive and have gamestop exclusive Sonic DLC.

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/697130115751280640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This tweet's image is meant to be a parody of Madeon's album, Adventure (Madeon is also a big fan of Sonic and joked about calling his next album Adventure 2 Battle)

The twitter was also constantly made "Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3" jokes a few months back.

Perhaps it's tinfoil hat territory, but I think it's only fair to assume that the next big title is SA3 and it would be surprising if that weren't the case.

Knuckles levels were godawful you giant retard.

A JSR-themed DLC for a Sonic game like NiGHTS got in Lost World would almost be enough to cure my Jet Set Radio lust.

A game that would be easier for SEGA to make that I would like just as much would be Fantasy Zone 3 though. Seriously, how hard is it to fuck up Fantasy Zone, aside from making it a pay-to-win freemium game?

First of all stop sperging nigger, you are literally quoting every user here

Second, crash bandicoot? seriously nigga? a slower-than-mario64 2.5D platformer?

Face it, SA2 had great gameplay but the pitfalls of the corridor level design made it a PITA and even experienced players would fall off the corridor and die.

This didn't happen in 2D classic sonic because the only pitfalls were traps you could clearly see, you couldn't fall off a platform like you can with the corridors in 3D sonic

And that's also why 3D sonic is fucking full of invisible walls and on-rails sections, and why post-unleashed sonic is full of QTE and "press A to Win" moments because the only way to fix the fuckup that is the corridor level system is by making the game play itself which is retarded

Vid related is an example of what an open world sonic game could be. See the player falling into the water? oh wait is not instant death, he just enters and underwater section.

You got half the world playing a shitty pokemon game for phones that doesn't even have half the chao garden's playability

Answer? make chao garden into a phone game, sega could make a ton of money just by porting the old chao garden and have people walk around hunting animals and those tube things to give them to the chao

Metal Slug 8.
Another F-Zero.
Another Vectorman.
Another Kirby Air Ride.
Another Panzer Dragoon.
Proper sequels to WarioWare: Touched, Paper Mario: TTYD, Ridge Racer Type 4, and RCT2.

Proper translations and/or releases of Snatcher, Policenauts, Star Fox 2, and Mother 3.

All the games after '06 changed the formula. You'd have an easier time arguing that Heroes and Shadow are Adventure 4 and 5 than Unleashed being part of the Adventure series at all. But even Heroes and Shadow still changed the formula enough to seem more like spinoffs of it than anything.

And by your logic you might as well say there's a Sonic 4, so people shouldn't wish for a proper sequel to Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Both Sonic 4 and Sonic '06 were rushed, and while they followed the same formula, they were so half assed they simply don't count. People want one that has the same amount of effort as Sonic 3 & Knuckles/Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure 2.

They need to drop the stupid Japanese canon altogether. That's the only thing that will fix Sonic. The japanese canon was not what was originally envisioned when the original trilogy came out.

Also, there are several different mods that enable "classic" style zombies.

Generations is overrated.

It would be shit

The whole reason Sa3's chao garden is so renowned is because it gave both the main stages and itself replay value. It encouraged you to go back and play the normal stages to gather chaos drives and animals, and then going back to the garden and feeding the chao, and vis versa.

If it was it's own game, with no main sonic game attached, it would get very boring very quickly.

This guy gets it.

Mate, Pokemon is one of the biggest cash makers and one of the most well known vidya franchises. You even have old biddies who never played a game in their life talking about it because it's a craze, again. AGAIN. Most things are lucky to get mass appeal jewbux once; but Pokemon did it fucking twice.

A Chao game would be lucky to get 250k downloads. It's ot nearly as popular as you people think it is. I'd play the fuck out of it, if course. But it won't be any more ofa money maker fo Sega than any of the other mobile Sonic games. Likely less so since fewer people know what Chao are compared to who Sonic is.

That would make me happy

It literally was. Then some other people who didn't actually make the game decided they were better than the original creators and made up some other story that was different from the one created by the people who actually made the game.

Given how short people's attention spans are and how a cute franchise with known mascots (Sonic still has brand recognition) can explode on a mobile market, especially if it has any semblance of staying power.

More that Sega had the idea to present the games differently in different regions depending on what they thought would sell better. Like many things, this came to bite them in the arse later.

We all know Sega of America and Sega of Japan were very different entities, that not only didn't work together well, but sometimes even antagonized each other. Plus, the point still stands that it was people other than those making the game who changed it. If it wasn't, Wing Fortess Zone wouldn't have "Eggman" written on it a bunch of times.

To say the least, I heard the fall of Sega is basically half because of SoJ and SoA outright antagonising each other rather than keeping the business going.

I would buy ShTH2 in a heartbeat. There's so much fucking wasted potential for a platformer that combines Sonic's high speed gameplay with proper action like Devil May Cry by making up all kinds of shit Shadow can do with the guns and Chaos Emeralds. Throw in a major improvement to branching story paths along with a truckload of hilarious edge whether hero or villain with a fresh extra helping of "damns" and you've got my $60 preorder.

The only levels people wanted this game to have, were the Megadrive/Genesis games and maybe City Escape.

So much of this game was playing levels nobody cared about.

I genuinely work with a faggot who thinks all 3d sonic games are better than any 2d ones.
his favorite one is 06

I'd like to see Bayonetta vs DMC

What a coincidence, all Russian Sanicfags I know think the same and shit all over Genesis games.

Then they're a retarded hipster faggot since 3D has a disproportionate amount of mediocre or shit games and nothing to this day compares to Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

he writes fanfiction, I take it

Do you think translating old games would make decent money if they played it up and advertised enough? I mean you could equate it to indie games but with real promise behind them I guess but are modern consumers intelligent enough to give those games a chance?

HL3 is desinated to be another Duke nukem forever. No matter how good it is when it comes out. people will expect to be fucking perfect. but instead will be decent a conclusion of the series (I hope)

Is he black and speedruns Sanic games, by chance?

Probably not on the level of profits that major publishers demand.

This game wasn't even planned for home platforms, it was supposed to be another spin-off for mobiles. Retards from SoA then asked for Sonic 3 sequel and Sonic Team changed the name to Sonic 4, ported this mobile crap to home platforms and called it a day.

Sonic 4 is mediocre not because it was rushed, it's mediocre because it's simply a mobile game to get money from fans who wanted proper Sonic 4 and mobile retards.

SA3 is 3 days, niggas

this
I am Russian myself and I am dumbfounded by constant SAfaggotry. And, I mean, it would make sense if they liked the gameplay for the most time, but they are praising the fucking story of SA2 and ShTH of all things. It's fucking ridiculous.

the thing is, if sonic adventure 3 does come out everybody's just going to say it's bad

since people think the original is so good, if they make a sequel they'll just compare it to the original and think it pales in comparison

if a sequel is good and the original is amazing, people won't see the sequel as "good" they'll see it as "worse than the original"

Go to bed, Arin.