Women are better than men in video games. Citation: In MMORPG's!

archive.is/ECsTP

LOL
O
L

So apparently, time spent in MMO's by women is the gauge of level of skill in video games! Suck on that, Daigo and Viscant!

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcc4.12159/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcc4.12159/full
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women play mobile games. Calling them gamers is like calling a burger flipper a chef.

Pick one, SJW's.

If wymyn say we're all the same, then why is their gender their only defining trait?

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcc4.12159/abstract

W E W

I'm pretty sure that falls under "better than".

It's so funny how women just can't accept they have inferior reflexes and focus.

Women probably are better at MMOs. The way society caters to them and everyone in general treats them nicer results in people giving them free shit and making it easier for them to organize raids and stuff. It's not that they have more skill, but they have a huge social advantage.

dont men can be consider women overnight in Burgerland? maybe they are talking about them

LOLWUT?

Studies without credible citations do not exist

Great study

I can't vouch for operas, plays, or concerts, but that's exactly what they're like when trying to watch a movie or TV with one. Constant blathering interrupted by sudden outbursts of, "Wait, what's going on?" or "What'd he/she say?"

The only thing girls are good for in MMOs is halting progression by infusing drama into the guild core because most of em are lonely retards.

But gotta push dat narrative

God fucking damn it every time that shit has happened, every goddamn guild.

The man, or whoever else they are trying to impress socially. Women are socially-centered people, and most won't care about "self-improvement" for their own sake.

You really want to avoid the ones that are manipulative, it's bad when they are a man but women are even more deceitful; thankfully, the ones that do this are often retarded and will fuck up.

Women that are young or tend to be the talkative or hyper. don't pay attention to a lot of things and would go to sleep or talk about something that cross their mind at a moments notice.

Those two statements doesn't inherently contradict one another.
That said, this article shows not a thing.

Guys.

Fuck

Guys

I THINK THEY CRACKED THE FUCKING CODE.

I NEVER REALIZED THIS BEFORE.

DID YOU KNOW THAT WHEN YOUR LEVEL INCREASES, YOUR HEALTH AND POWER INCREASE TOO?!

HOW DID WE NOT REALIZE THIS SOONER.

AND YOUR LEVEL GOES UP AS YOU KILL MORE THINGS.

MY MIND IS FUCKING BLOWN, GUYS.

Reminder, the only girl in comp sc2 is actually a tranny. Reminder, the infamous all-girl LoL team couldn't stand to live with each other for more than a month.

The only girl in competitive LoL is also a tranny.

FUCKING AEVA
FUCKING NIM AND YOUR FUCKING FLIPDICK
FUCKING WHORE GUILD WIFE
FUCKING CUCK GUILDLEADS

FUCK

SO MANY GUILDS, SO MUCH COMRADERY, SO MANY AWESOME NIGHTS AND LAUGHS

ALL GONE FOR E-VAGINA

AND ITS NEVER COMING BACK. MMORPGS ARE FUCKING DEAD BECAUSE OF THIS SHIT. THE CLIMATE/PLAYERBASE HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED AND SO HAVE THE GAMES TO CATER TO THE LAZY FEMALE DRAMAWHORE TYPE OF PLAYER

I AM SO FUCKING MAD WITH THIS SHIT AND I WILL BE FOREVER MAD

The only time I've ever experienced anything like this was on a Wrath private server. The guild leader and his girlfriend were part of the core progression group but she wasn't a huge attention whore about it. It was actually her boyfriend who ruined it for everybody, because he was a jealous angry cunt and he had a bad reputation for being a legit Twitch scammer. I wouldn't really blame women just for playing the game, but it's obvious that they change how people interact with each other whether they're aware of it or not. Drama is just fucking stupid.

At least I got some sweet nudes out of it though.

Has there ever actually been a study that isn't terrible?

go nuts

game on NYPD normalfags
how you level up, anons?

OK

But just asking, how many of the top guilds in MMOs run by and are majority women? How many of the top PvP players are women?

I'm asking seriously by the way because I'm interested but through personal experience, in all the MMOs I've played, women aren't better or maybe it's just because I'm playing the wrong MMOs or something but I want this question answered.

And I know this isn't related but
I met my wife in an MMORPG and apparently many others have as well

Out of the 6 or so I've played with, 4 have been completely awful.

But I use fake female names there too.

Bumping so more people would know this.

SHIT STUDY, GO INTO THE TRASH

Now I must laugh

Was this article written by a high schooler citing wikipedia?

This shit doesn't even phase me.

MMOs are glorified chat programs. They barely count as video games.

So not even analyzed in how they perform on the high end stuff? Like in raids or top level PvP?

Why are all these agenda pushing studies just complete and utter trash, at least put some effort into your bullshit.

why would this ever matter

this is what passes as credible research, yes

They literally only analyzed leveling.

for a long time a woman was #1 in BF2 leaderboard.

did she have a good k/d ratio?
no

most of her points were ""team work points. healing/reviving/ammo etc.""
she also spent a lot of time playing the game

how i know this?
i was in her clan ""and i still am""

that being said.
if i ever go 1vs1 with her 9 out of 10 ill win.

so that article is shit

Holy fucking shit this article, is this some next level, avant-garde le ebin ironic meem fuckery that I was not aware of? There's no way in fucking hell that someone made this """""research""""" and wrote this drivel thinking of it in a serious manner.

Regardless, there's something that's been made perfectly clear by this piece of unreliable information:

TIME TO
LEVEL UP

i fucked up the spoiler
polite sage for being a faggot who cant spoil

U WOT M8

As soon as someone says they a girl in an MMO, it gets x100 easier

What the fuck. Is this really the DailyMail? I thought it wasn't pozzed.

Dailyfail is like the ultimate clickbait site next to huffs pot. Glad OP was smart enough to not link directly and if any mods are reading this post, make sure to delete any threads or posts directly linking to clickbait and tell them how to not directly link to clickbait. Thanks.

First fucking sentence and they've already lost me.

I remember playing some women at games before, and one instance stuck out. When playing 1v1 CoD, I was dominating everyone, and when the girl gets her turn at a lession is aimming;

And she was silent from there. Other times, like with Smash bros, they are reasonable and rather good.

yeah sound about right

now correct me if i'm wrong, but in theory aren't women just as capable at being as good as a video game as a man is due to video games low physical skill ceiling? just no women put in the time into getting good

if you have working hands and sight/sound senses intact you can play just about every video game on earth, the skill is generally taking the time to understand the inner workings of the game so you can perform better anyway

few women have the drive to actually perform well since society reared them into being leeches

Female brains are wired to perform multiple tasks at once, and male brains are wired for specialized tasks. This is from genetic and epigenetic conditioning. Women are skilled in learning many different things, but pale in comparison to the male brain when it comes to performing a single task.
So when it comes to games, women will play lots of different titles, but rarely finish them. That's why unbeatable f2p games are so popular with women. Conversely, men will stick to only a few games that are complex, challenging, and ultimately beatable.

what about games that require you to keep track of and do a lot of things. strategy games both real time and turn based for instance

fuck off with your biotruths bigot

Well no, because most games require reflex, aim, memory, and teamwork. These are skills that men evolved to have due to them having to hunt, farm and generally do fuckin everything while women took care of the kids, cooked, cleaned and talked all day about nothing with the other females.

Strategy games usually have a very high learning curve, and most women would not take the time to research how to play one. But the ones that do can potentially be much better than their male opponents.

The only RTS game popular enough to draw their attention where there are decent female players was Starcraft in Korea, females do worse because that game is terrible in the strategy part and is mostly about fast reflex clicking I guess.

One of my ex girlfriends loved playing Civ V, and could beat the game with any character on diety mode. The only time I was able to beat her was by zerg rushing with Bismarch, and she learned how to counter that.
She was terrible at pokemon battles though.

…You don't honestly think that women didn't farm for most of history? Nobody gets a pass on farmwork. Nobody. If anything, shouldn't natural selection have favored women with good hand-eye coordination for needlework, good sight for telling plants apart, etc?

You might have a point about aim and reflex, but memory and teamwork aren't specific to hunting at all…

Yeah I'm sure this "study" was totally scientific and impartial, and not something added to dupe retards into believing the legitimacy of the original claim.

Now I wanna see a competition between an all-male and an all-female raid guild.*

*That'll never happen because you can't get 40 women in one guild.

im not so sure its just average retards who buy this kind of thing. average retards know not to believe everything on the internet. what you have to watch out for though is people who want to believe something and just need that little push telling them that theyre in the right.
this is only a 'morale booster' for the indoctrinated

That would be a fucking disaster, having 2 is bad enough.

Natural selection went down the drain when agriculture appeared.

Are you for real?

I'm talking about the planning side. Yes, any retard can push a plow.

How the fuck does leisurely twiddling your hands and picking flowers compare to having to aim and throw/shoot spears and arrows accurately in a second, while moving through brush, etc.

I wouldn't say that. Organisms will always adapt to their environment. It just happens that our environment lets retards survive and reproduce making even dumber and dumber retards.

Calm down guys, the study is showing that if women played as much as men then they would probably be better at games than they are, it's the SJWs that lie and say a) women ARE as good as men, b) women play more games these days (they don't), and c) games are designed for men and that's inherently bad (they often are, but so what?).

Sort of like people believing shit about memory and team work being gender based ecolutionary traits rather than species based ones.

It's like saying Europeans have evolved gwnetically to be good at soccer and americans shit at it.

Natural selection never disappears, especially when you think it has. Chances are humans are going to end up like these 100 mice.

Wait… they basically found that women level up AS FAST AS MEN. Even though every single one of them either being leveled by the male friend/boyfriend that brought them to the game, or being showered in gear by random neckbeards. So even that is wrong to start with, since the ``study'' was not done in a controlled environment.

I wouldn't say that. Just look at the latest Pokemon craze, dead autists galore.

Leveling in MMOs is extremely controlled though.
You do quest A>D then head to town B to do quests E>H.
Normal players level up at about the same rate due to that, progress is gated and even the speed of leveling and gear progression is tightly controlled in order to reward players just enough so they stick around.

Only people who get pass that are power gamers who are going to abuse the shit out of the game to level up faster.

I would like to see the .jpgs for Retards 1 through to 456, please.

Men aren't very picky.

That's not how natural selection works, if it's "good enough" when the species changes and adopts a different environment then it's "good enough" for that environment too and may either remain the same or become exaggerated or simply change only slightly yet significantly. The spread and distribution may change but it's ultimately the same traits. In fact the qualifier for "good enough" is "not detrimental".

big deal. it reappeared with pokemon go

You haven't played an MMO if you never had that happen to you.

I've played tank for a decade in WoW and groups with female healers would fail 90% of the time.

This is just a case of the author not seeing and checking the privilege that female mmo players have, and falsely attributing it to inherent superiority.

SJWs don't get that their bullshit works both ways.

#YouOnlyFakeCancerOnce

So whatever did happen to team siren?

That's an extremely blatant lie. God damn, what a whopper of a lie.

Par for the course really. In feminism, the more you lie the better feminist you are. This is not hyperbole. Look at the lies they tell & the frequency at which they tell them. It is a fact that feminism isn't just riddled with dishonesty, but it's about lying as much as you possibly can to further female supremacy; grab more attention, wealth & influence by lying as much as possible. It's been that from day one.

Feminism is known as the little sister of Communism. Why? Both are derivatives of Marxism that operate on willful, fundamental misunderstandings of human nature. The "girls & boys are the same (equal)" is a lie. It's such an obvious lie that even a cursory glance at a male & female brain will immediately debunk it, let alone any deeper understanding of the differences beyond physical size & shape. Yet this is a lie which is repeated, it's the foundation of Feminism. That's right. The foundation of Feminism is an outright lie & therefore all Feminist actions are inherently dishonest. So when I said earlier that Feminism is about lying I am not exaggerating. Feminism is build entirely upon a lie that the sexes are the same (equal).

They disbanded years ago almost immediately after they became "famous."

Wouldn't you just love to be a quack making loads of money doing useless research like this that has no bearing towards the advancement of society on subjects you have absolutely no understanding of.

Here's an alternative for you.

Glad I don't have to put up with that shit any more.

This shit will always make bait because these trash garbageholes know exactly how vile they are singularly and especially together. They will constantly get worse because of all this encouragement they get for being less and less civil. They will never show the true great traits of men such as loyalty, respect, duty, honor and will only do it out of some vain bullshitreason to show they could do it this one time if they gave 100 percent for once in their godforsaken lives. No more head patting. It is from hereforth outlawed.

Have you ever spoken to a child & the child bases their "tastes" on what was said mere minutes ago?
If the discussion was about a sport they'll go on & on about how much they're into said sport while having never play it in their life. If someone said they liked a certain food, the child will go on & on about how much they like that food despite having never ate it. The child will often say they "had a dream" which is simply retelling of a story they heard not long ago; there was no time for them to sleep & dream of it, they're just retelling what they have heard & pretending they dreamed it.

This childish behavior is similar to the behavior of women. Not much genuine interest just a lot of "monkey see, monkey do" repeating what you hear & feigning interest in whatever you have heard was interesting.

Well I merely wished they would monkey see everyone else doing work and monkey do some work as well instead of distracting everybody. I later learned that the purpose of university is to socialize and that everything I learned was worthless.

I've been guilty of that sometimes, but usually when i'm at home, with friends, possibly hammered and eating pizza. In a theatre, the most i'll do is give my bro one of those gay high-five-hand-hold things when the robot punches the godzilla monster or something else really fucking rad. During something like Seven Samurai, you gotta fucking watch that shit properly. Drunk or not.

ive always wanted to fuck a mermaid in the mouth

Posting this cause it's relevant.

Daigo is an overrated faggot who runs away from games when the competition gets too tough and sticks to the most generic exploitable stuff.

it's a two way street - every single guild drama has either been people being thirsty for some whore (who let's be honest, didn't have any redeeming qualities to speak of if these fucktards ever went outside and spoke to like 2-3 girls in their lives) or because people are so afraid that there's a girl in the midst that'll ruin the guild that they sperg out way fucking worse than any possible drama that could've ensued

Thanks for the laugh OP. I will be sure to laugh at anyone else who leads me to read or quotes this "study."

Bull. Fucking. Shit. Did you take into account HOW they got their levels? Maybe some people knew grind locations or maybe they were low-level which means faster leveling? This study is lazily slapped together to fool the majority. Anyone who has ever played a game with a woman can testify that there are more unskilled women than there are skilled ones. Using an MMO to prove that women are somehow better than men is iffy as fuck and this study would collapse under any serious scrutiny.

GOOD DAY SIR!

you know now that I think about it maybe the situation has always been shit because NEETs and people who only play videogames all day are socially stunted and can't interact with humans

kek

fucking this
I can't effin believe someone bother to gather data for this bullshit
I don't even care if females are better or not or whatever
Whoever made up this study never played an MMO in his entire life
Some players don't go for max efficiency and have more "leisure" time they spend interacting with other players, helping new ones or doing stuff that is just fun and rewards you with money, gear or maybe even nothing

I just don't even know anymore

Can you imagine the guy doing this study? He's so desperate to find any evidence to elevate women and teach those trolls he completely cooks up a bunch of lies. The cognitive dissonance in him putting this study together must have been neurologically damaging.

This honestly. Even if a girl was just playing normally and happens to mention she was a girl when someone asked. The thirsty herbivores will gather. Pampering her in hopes to get a GF and defending her like a good ol white knight. They will ruin the community. The girl was just a catalyst for their faggotry. Communication is a two way thing. We can't just blame women for everything.

wow, how much funding did this cunt get?

I've played a lot of gw2 and WoW I play neither anymorewell except vanilla wow and I have only ever met 1 woman who was good. The rest, every single one, were so god damn terrible that it was painful to have them in group.

Lol

which is exactly why the situation has devolved to the state it is right now

among the people we play with all our spouses almost exclusively hide their gender just to avoid shit stirring

so this makes the study even more garbage

Wtf am I reading? I don't know about your pve carebear shit but in high stakes group pvp women ALWAYS fail to perform.

This pile of garbage may be good enough for a newspaper, but I doubt this shit is gonna get any citations beyond the few that will rip into it and put it on display as an example of poor scientific integrity

It better not get many citations

What they should have done was take a fresh batch of men and women that do not play games, and then have them play this MMO on a dedicated server with no other players. Since they wanted to measure the inherit skill of men and women playing games.

Since they didn't do this they suffered from the effect that men help (pretty) women more than other men in their virtual environment. Meaning more women may have been part of powerleveling parties than men. And this is ignoring the fact that people lie during account creation.

You win or you shoot yourself. Git gud ril quik nub.

Clearly their were some very strong and infallible controls placed upon this research.

I was thinking surely they cna't be that dumb and are talking about the gender of the account holder's details. But just think of all those 12 year-olds with their mom's credit cards.

Oh, I wish I had your optimism.
I've seen countless "studies" that link violance to vidya, even when the most basic scientific standards weren't met while obtaining them.

Yet they were cited and uphold as the reason to try to ban violent vidya time and time again.
This shit will be sued to push for some other ridiculous agenda bullshit, and the only hope we have is that those who ultimatley decide, will have enough brain to not falter.

Fucking normalfags

t. pve shitter that can't into pvp
mad cuz bad?

That means they're worse, because half of skill is dedication. If your genes aren't telling you to keep playing until you're perfect, then your genes are inferior.

Oh give me a break. There hasn't been any kind of stakes in modern MMO-PVP outside of Eve Online.

PVP in todays MMOs is as real and risky as Wrestling.

Wow, even in terms of vidya most men fail to impress women. How embarrassing is that?

Are you saying wrestling isn't real?
Hahaha what a faggot

oh Jesus Christ, that's exactly how our gubbermint would handle such results.

Really though, anyone who has worked with women before knows that they aren't as capable as men.

Women have no agency.

All this gender bullshit is retarded
My sister will never beat me in Gulty Gear and F-zero
Just as i will never beat her in Smash Bross and Mario Kart
I beat her in RTSs like Warcraft or Age of Empires
She beats me in tetrist like games or rithim games like Guitar hero
I beat her in 3D action games
She beats me in 3D plataformers
2D games are our great equalizers

when are these retards going to learn that identity has no place in a world ruled only by merit

no wonder they have no man

lol ur just a bad

women are pretty good at MMOs

if by "good" you mean "good at destroying guilds"

i've seen them wreck raiding guilds inside an hour because of a childish snit

they certainly do hold the power, even a fat catlady in modern WOW gets everything she wants (until this conflicts with what the other fat catladies want)

my fukken sides, that's amazing.

Hey we can make a list too,

Lets put in

I don't think I could make a shittier, more ignorant "study" if I tried. Every single thing they did was wrong

I know what I'm about to say is from experience, so it's anegdotal, but even when I was a kid I always had to thread the needle when my mom was knitting.
Now that I'm older I have to do it for my girlfriend every goddamn time she decides to knit because I do it on my first try while she fucks around for about 2 minutes if I'm not around. Similarly, my camping tent got ripped twice, the first time she fixed it and the second time I did it when I was sick. I was done much faster than her despite the fact that the last time when I did actual knitting was when I was in the army, while she does it regularly.

Stop it with your reasoned and sensible posts, where do you think you are?

Every time.

A woman could find the unicorn that matches all of these and still leave him (most likely after the kid).

Either women are illiterate or just stupid as fuck. WHY THE FUCK DO MEN EVEN LEAVE RAISING KIDS TO THESE CHUCKLEFUCKS AGAIN?

I was in a middle of the pack guild when Sunwell came out. We were a bit behind but not so far behind the top guilds that we could be considered complete trash. Anyways during Brutallus progress the GM invites some Shadow Priest to the raid. And it's a girl. And I knew something was wrong when I clicked on her because her max HP was way too low for the content (for those who don't know, Sunwell was the last raid of the first WoW xpac and it was hard as balls).

So anyways, I'm like whatever, as long as she doesn't drag us down. She was a fucking anchor. Wiped us over and over again. Her damage (when she was alive) was worse than mine and I was a fucking tank. So I inspected her. Half of her gear was un-enchanted and un-gemmed blues, the other half was epic 5 man loot with no enchants and vendor gems. I was LIVID and when I brought it up the guild leader's response was "it's fine". Turns out she was like 14-15 and the GM was hitting on her pretty hard. Needless to say, I didn't stick around for long.

On the flip side, I joined a guild for WotLK/Cata with which I got many world firsts and more US firsts than I care to count. Had a few girls. No drama and their performance compared to the rest of the guild was average/above average (which made them significantly better than the average gamer).

Long story short: not every woman is a drama time bomb and some of them are pretty good at video games. Although I'm inclined to say that the talented ones are the exception, not the rule.

September Carlos. Then you get over the wall

Knowing how these fuckers behave, if the stats showed that wymyn performed even one fucking percent better than men, they would have worded it as "women advanced faster than men" without hesitation. Weasel words.

So taking that into account, not only did they twist their research (probably even on purpose, and not out of sheer stupidity and lack of knowledge about the medium) in order to get results that would be useable to further their agenda, but these results weren't even enough, which makes sense, since they don't even link to said study and resort to an absurd amount of weasel wording.

Is there any end to this horde of retarded cucks?

I keep repeating this:

Women can not think on a meta-cognitive level. Hence why they do not see how contradictory and proposterous these demands are.

They also have barely any agency, meaning they must rely on groupthink to find "correct" responses to stimuli.

damn, harsh on Mervin

Link to the full research. Feel free to peer review it. Don't base everything on some possible twisted words of a journalist. I will read it in half an hour after I got some food.

Shite, forgot the link

You will reach puberty user and then you will never need a belt anymore

I feel sorry for that guy

Considering the injuries sustained in wrestling, that's pretty accurate. Hell, even if you're talking about the predetermined victories and such, that's still spot-on for reality.

They do link to the study in the 7th paragraph from the top but you're almost entirely correct. Plus the study itself relies on the fact that what you say on some meaningless mmo registration you would NEVER LIE ON. Does someone have that Arthur webm? You know the one.

If you're going to tell us that you'd better fucking share.
What if you play solo because interaction with other people is as sickening as it is irritating?

Marvin already knows he has no chance which means there's no need for him to waste his time appealing to ridiculous standards. He's free.

The hell?
So that's, what, everyone but Scorpion, Dr. Manhattan, and what's his face from Naruto?

what a load of bullshit

WoW throghout its entire life span

there has never been one female Gladiator that wasn't piloted/carried to bag the achievement, or wasn't carried in general.

PvE doesn't count because all gurl gamers get carried in PvE, and the current game is a joke anyone can play or perform a perfect rotation.

its always the girls who fuckl up and have a hard time with the simplest things such as switching targets

im a Marvin user
we all are

They mean Brown eyes fam, the sign of garbage genes.

Post em

Allow me to translate:

Can actually stand us.

Not actually required. (It's just there so daddy can sleep easy)

Can stand us and our friends.

We are allergic to fat.

No Manlets.

Will treat me like a princess.

A sucker.

Personal clown.

See: LOTS OF SEX

So we can pick it apart.

So we know things like celibacy apply only to him so we know that he'll never cheat.

See: Quality Nº 5

We don't know what we want.

So we don't have to.

People with only white in their eyes need not apply.

We can get away with whatever we want.

We want them gay looking.

So they don't notice our awful dancing.

Big dick.

We will dress him as we please.

Lawyer/Doctor/Earns millions.

Fuck you Marvin

Piece of meat

Does not meet all previous qualities.

remember when MMO's were for dorkasauruswrex but magically became the "social game" of choice when more attention whores latched onto them? good times.

I read this study. It does NOT say this. No study says this. What these studies do point to is that time and exposure to video games correlates with skill levels regardless of gender. That's all you are going to get.

the study was performed by Acid Rain.

So a fancy way to saying, water is wet? Spend time on something, get better at it…

Jesus I'm happy that's were our tax money is going.

STOP

FORMATTING

THIS

RETARD

You dumbass, it's a list, that's the appropriate format.

Essentially yeah, also they determined that there is a gender difference in preference of game types. I think the only genre where males and females share equal gratification for video games are in racing games although I need to dig out that study again.

I have never met a woman that could beat me at any game that I have played for any significant amount of time.

What about the game of life?

Stop browsing on a phone.

what was that study of 2 out of 2 and one was a casual who plays mobile games.

Everquest 2's faction swap questline was the best thing about it.

I played a frog necro, shit was great

That doesn't count, I am playing on way higher difficulty than her.
If a woman was in my shoes she would have committed suicide or just be a total mess right now.

That's typical plebbit formating.
Wait till summer is over and they fuck off for a couple months again.

This might show some light on the study.

so you specifically remove data that may conflict with the goal. pretty good idea if you want to prove your goal instead of doing a real test. based on that, i'm going to assume they're all men and destroyed the fuck out of the averages. also, looking at the actual study itself, it states that the player base for everquest 2 is about 83% men and 17% women, so you're basically comparing a shitload more of scrub-tier male players to all the female players you possibly could

yeah, because you specifically excluded those males from the study

icing on the cake. what a fucking shitshow

I am not sure that reaction time is that important a factor, as having the right reaction is more important than having a fast reaction. So you might want to reconsider having that image.

Why is that everything that would fail someone in a High School journalism class is considered business as usual and totally acceptable? Why even have journalism programs in University?

Journalism isn't a thing.

Journalist degrees are now worth less than the paper they're printed on. Every idiot can now get a job as a journalist, especially on dime-a-dozen shitty internet "news" sites.
Look at vid embedded, I had a better idea of how to conduct a proper interview when I was a dumb teen writing for the school paper than this liberal arts turd.

this is bullshit
women are less shit at multitasking than they are at other things, but men still do it better

can you show a single example of this happening ever?

men also have higher IQ, dumbfag

except multitasking doesn't actually work

Journalism is a thing. The problem is that the number of journalists is is just a tiny fraction of news reporters with journalism degrees.

this is incorrect, but it's incorrect for an interesting reason.
IQ tests are designed to have no gap between the sexes on average. when men score better on a subtest, it gets thrown out. despite this, a notable difference still shows up–men have more variance, meaning that at the highest levels of performance they massively outnumber women.

Females brains are 10% smaller than their male counterparts.

idk, but I have a strange feel those 'journo degrees' are the issue, I mean I'll bet the best journalists are the real experts of some field, who then started doing content

..and less intelligent

I think you have misunderstood my intent. I am not claiming that women are as good at video games as men, just that I don't think that the reaction time difference is the main reason.

This is false, the education system has changed to a female oriented environment while punishing boys so its only natural females would outperform males in an environment that favors you for being feminine rather than masculine. and its thanks to feminist.

How is the education system more suited to females?

To be fair, these guys would rape anyone, let alone some cunts. They were top tier at their respective games.

interesting, I used to play WoW and 99% of gurl gaymers I encountered were absolute fucking cancer. all they would do is suck at the game and demoralize the guild, but we had to keep them around because they would always have a cuck boyfriend who played well but wouldn't raid without the stupid bitch.

In all my time raiding ive encountered one woman who could actually play well. She did play with her boyfriend who was good too, had no problems playing without eachother. Interesting enough was that she didnt have a mic. One time her computer crashed during raiding and we could hear her angrily yelling in the background when her BF talked

the education system is lenient on girls, when a boy wants to work alone, that is bad because everyone must work in a group. which is what females like. this just makes the entire group lazy and depends on the 1-2 people doing the actual work.

when a boy is drawing a gun or throws a fake hand grenade, he is punished for acting out typical boy behavior.

the education system has been undermined by feminism for the last decade now.

there are classes that lecture boys on why they hate being boys.

found the explanation
top kek, we had this couple that lived together and we could always hear them yelling at each other in the background. that shit's pretty funny

I know it only from personal experience but at least in uni woman get easier a pass in exams than men, should they otherwise fail it.
If they have 45/100 points and need 50 to pass you can bet your ass that the tutor responsible for it will somehow magicaly conjure 5 points out of his ass for her, but refuse a guy to give him 0.5 if that's all he needs.

Better than the perfect couple who went afk during raids to get it on.

Ya it sounds funny until your tank and one of your healer holds up 18/38 other ppl because they want to fuck.

well, they can't hope for blowjobs from guys, can they

jesus christ what were you thinking

most tanks are mentally challenged enough on their own

this happened to me, I just needed literary 2 point to pass one of my classes, and i didn't get it. had to repeat the fucking class, and pay again.

there was an essay that one of my profs made me write, she was a fucking feminist.

she said you can write about anything, and its not a wright or wrong answer.

also this was my first year at college, ive been disillusioned about college and really don't want to go but my parents are pressuring me.

S.O.
Superior Officer?
I don't…?

I have that one list somewhere written by an 8 and 9 year old that it so disturbing it may as well say

One thing I've always hated in MMOs is DPS/healing when there's a bad tank. I've tanked before, it's fucking easy. Even in WoW vanilla/TBC as a Warrior it was fucking easy to get 6-7 mobs to stick to you like glue. And then you play an alt or whatever and you have these complete fucktards who can't even hold aggro on 2-3 mobs even though they get a 5 second head start.

What's the point of going to College nowadays other than social networking? All you need is a wifi connection and library access and you'll get the same learning as you would from sitting in a class lead by an overpaid babysitter who's job is almost entirely done by book cartels telling them what to focus on.

There are good professors and teachers out there, but they're so few and far between that it's not worth wasting years of your life getting that education. Especially if you're in a country without free education. Open a fucking book.

nigga fuc dat

What the fuck did you expect?

I found out after i wrote it what she was.

What the fuck did you expect?

I thought she would be subjective since she's a fucking professor.

-50 that is not right!

I know that feel, tanking is by far the easiest role, which is probably the reason most of the slower guys would play it. most of them still failed a lot.

I realized only later that you cant write from your personal opinions, you have to make shit up.

but it was too late and i ended up having to retake the class.

wew lad, at least you learned a valuable lesson.

You don't reveal your power level in public user.
You should've known better and just wrote whatever else the others were writing too instead of trying to have fun with an assignment.

I mean objective

Stop taking every single bait article you see, OP

You also shouldn't be trying to tackle a contemporary issue like that in your first fucking year numbnuts.
You're like barely a highschool graduate and you probably wrote some seriously cringe-worthy shit.

The only girl I can think of that's actually moderately competent at a video game is Gegury. But then again, she's Korean and plays fucking Overwatch.

but it was literally the first essay she told us to right to evaluate our skills. as long as you did it you were supposed to get 100. it was not a right or wrong answer. i was literally the only one in the class who got a failing score.

Well, clearly you fucked it up anyway.

revealing your power level is an automatic fail though

How much of a newfag are you?
Your power level is like your asshole, you don't go showing it around to everyone.
You keep it packed and only ever reveal it if you're extremely comfortable with the people you're revealing it too and they already revealed theirs to you.

It was like 2 year ago, I learned my lesson.

When did this faggotry start? Sounds like some corporate play date shit. Soulless loveless daddyfuckers.

OR she talks about how hot all the male characters are

It's a reddit thing

Fuck the social "sciences".

I knew this girl who based her entire music "taste" on what bands have hot guys or not. Fucking women

There's a drawing of a blue eye right next to that bullet point you dorks.

Can't wait to post screenscaps of this thread on r/Holla Forums to show everyone that you are MISOGYNERDS

Of course, been seeing and hearing it fairly often. Yet another warning sign of cancer then.

What next the guardian, bbc?

I assume then that e-sports being largely male is just muh patriarchy? On the positive side maybe they'll stop making needless female-only events now…

Sadly the heil has been better at giving sources and doing actual research beyond wikipedia than most other British sources over the last few years. This includes both the grauniad and the beeb.

So, I read a bit of it rather quickly. And I am not actually familiar enough with statistics to look at the numbers and spot possible issues. Here are a few things to keep in mind.

The numbers for EQ2 come from 2006, so its before what most people here consider the era of gamer girls becoming popular. It has about 6000 players of which about a fifth women. So I don't really see an issue in sample size.

That said, the numbers are from a PVE server, so competition, which even the article accepts as being something that would drive males more, may not be as present as it would be in PVE (that said, I believe everquest 2 is a lot more PVE based than something like wow).

Their second MMO, CR3, which is chinese, has data from around 2010. This data set was also less complete if you want to control for certain factors.

As I said before, I am no statistician, but I don't see anything obviously wrong with most of their shit. The only big thing I see is that neither of the MMOs had a big PVP focus, so a strong motivator (competition) for males may have been largely absent.
Other than that, what they say seems to be true. Women advance about as quickly as men. In EQ2, this is especially the case in tradeskills, while not fully the case in combat level, where leveling speed is kinda equal, but guys tend to level further.

All in all, I would actually like to have a dataset like this to do some small statistical tests on. That said, I am no statistician, if you are, you may wish to read the thing yourself and might spot issues that I did not. It is actually a pretty short article, just a few pages long. So its not that hard.

they're games… and whether or not you LIKE the content, they're the same. If I play Tetris all day long, I'm a gamer. If I play Dark Souls all day long, I'm a gamer. If I play Farmville all day long, I'm a gamer. I choose to spend most of my free time playing games, playing games is my hobby, therefore… gamer.

Its called evolution, thats why most people have them dumb fucks

This is like saying riding a bike to work every day is equivalent to, say, mountain biking. Entirely different skill set, community and product etc. If it makes you feel any better split the term into 'gamer' and 'hardcore gamer' or 'core gamer' but the distinction remains.

The irony is that these kind of bitches are the ones that then proceed to marry anything they can find and end up either with a chad loser well past his prime or some average joe that makes no money

And those are the "lucky ones" of this bunch because many more will end up being cat ladies

The chicks that "marry well" are the ones that don't make these fucking lists as if they were still 12

They are both biker riders, because they both ride bikes.

Well again we shall simply brake it down into 'core' or 'hardcore' riders and 'casual' riders. Happy now?

The same game can be played with gamers. Terminology is merely a tool to allow others to understand discussion. Once it stops being relevant it can be changed. Terminology itself doesn't mean shit all.

If i watch 1 movie every year, im not a movie buff, same with people who play phone games. They are not gamers.

Get your faggot ass somewhere else, like on a bike with no seat.

I'm sorry but it won't fit. My iphone already jammed up my ass.

I personally think we should let capitalism decide. Its pretty good at that.
Are they the target of a significant part of the gaming industry? Yes, so they are all gamers. They will belong to certain subgroups of gamers, but let them be gamers. Does anybody here really wants to be called a gamer anyway?

Whatever we are called no one wants to be lumped in with LoL and Clash of Titans players.

How about we use the term gamerphile instead?

Honestly, im just going to give up on games entirely. I havent been a "gamer" in 5 years. Ive only been playing older shit and ignoring new shit. Can i be called a gamer if i dont spend any money on games?

you know, Like audiophile.

i like where this is going

Is that why they need special laws to protect their sorry asses? If it weren't for those laws, women would be hanging upside-down with a fork up their ass!

Sorry Jamal but you have to go back

Jamal BTFO. BLMAO. Faggots LGBTFO.

Hoe do they even know the gender of the person playing the game?

Well you were the one smart enough to be a grill.

Hehe, tiny man.

Name of song, please.

holy shit that floor

Fuck you Marvin.

why do you think of any Marvin's roommates would want to talk to shallow women who literally draw up a poster of silly things that they require in a significant other

Even fucking then.
Men literally will kill themselves leveling up in mmos.
Not a single woman ever has.

Sure thing, Jamal.

Its one of those "you had to be there" posts. That pic he posted still brings this shit eating grin to my face

No fucking shit, if you don't practice a game, you're shit.

There is only one girl I know who can beat me in a fighting game but only because she's dedicated (and to be honest I was out of practice when we played, it was pretty close).

No other girl I have ever met who was "Really into vidya." with big collections have even been able to TOUCH me gameplay wise. I may appear to be a fit, functional, social human being, but that just masks the underlying intensely autistic geek that I am.

I out perform the girls in my guild when we all heal and they cry when my guild leader makes me MT healer
Guild leader is the main tank
and he's gay

are people dying due to pokemon go?

Me and my boys set up outside a poke gym and have been jumping nerds left and right

It's basically free kills, dude

This whole "healslut" meme needs to stop.
post stories, I don't care if they're made up

dream bigger

What's wrong with you?

The problem is they never actually test whether men and women are equal in leveling time. The test time played, gender, and the interaction between the two as predictors of level, ans find all to be significant. All this means is that men had higher levels than women and played more. What they needed to do was either test the equality of regression slopes for men and women with time played as a predictor of level or conduct an ANCOVA with time played as the covariate (though this is controversial and not really the right way to go). Without tests of equality of slopes, all we know is that there is some interaction between time played and gender that predicts level, but not whether men or women are better at leveling independent of the influence of playtime.

I've never had that happen because all the guilds I've been in have been either high-end PvP guilds with functional married members who had zero thirst and no tolerance for drama, or regular PvE guilds full of guys like me where we maintained a Holla Forums-/d/-Holla Forumsish level of discourse that ensured no whores would feel welcome anyways.

>she's overweight, has crippling diabetes, has a sun allergy (skin breaks open in blisters if she's in the sun for too long. Like for one hour), has herpes, and has gone through 3 different guys and has 3 different kids, one for each guy
>she's forever single and now realizing she fucked everything up at around 50

Have you ever considered that your aunt is actually undead?

I wish I could find an archive of that thread; it's too good to be gone forever.

DON'T JUDGE
NO HATERS IN DA HERE

bruh, you do know that's not for real, right? Have you fucking seen any of Hyde's stuff?

Million Dollar Extreme, go look.

They don't. It's a Jewish trick.

You're not a gamer, you're one of the few people with enough taste and intelligence to maintain a backlog.

I don't know about that.

Remember, games aren't limited to just vidya. There's also games like Chess and Go, of which women who compete supposedly in studies actually put more time in yet are generally unable to compete with men so seriously there has to be separate divisions just for women. At some point, you'll have to accept the realities of life like talent and natural ability.

It's a shame the left is loonier than religious fundamentalists and don't believe in established science like sexual dimorphism especially in mammals.

I never would have guessed.
Good thing women play as much video games as men so I can't say women suck at video games. Oh wait…

Niggers aren't that stupid !

No because women are fucking stupid. Their lack of ability to plan for the future and their shit spatial awareness are the stuff of legend and it takes multigenerational brainwashing campaigns to make people forget about it.

Well, no one ever accused women of being smart.

My guild went on apocalypse cruise control after the leader's "girlfriend" decided to do a 180 and become a total cunt to him. Turns out she was only there to escalate positions, then she decided she wasn't having any fun. She also decided to PK me (I was a healer in a game where healers were nerfed to healsluts, so you can guess how did that work out) even though I held no personal grudge against her, or well, at least before she decided to go full retard. Before that, I guess I could even consider her a friend.

There were some shenanigans later regarding the moderation team, which happened to be friends with her and another girl in the guild (who also caused some serious drama). Long story short, now even mods hate my guts, which was kind of a big deal considering I had to deal with them due to my position inside the guild and some specific traits our guild had. Good thing the game went to shit after several updates, it gave me the perfect excuse to drop that farmfest.

Looking back, that girl seemed to be quite the sociopathic type. It seems she kind of pulled the same stunt on her old guild and, hold the fuck on, managed to rise to max level through giving the #1 guild's leader her account's password. As a result, her character was leveling 24/7. She also tried to make us pity her with some weird sob stories that we (the guild leader and me) later found out to be contradicting.

I can assure you, your guild's C Y B E R D R A M A was probably child's play compared to this, doxing and death threats included.

shit taste

We banned women in our WoW guild during Wrath and it cut the drama and bullshit and ended having to drag along bad healer girlfriends because the tank wanted to get laid. Made it into the top 100 afterwards. Everyone has their place and once you learn that you succeed.

not if you make definitive statements like that, that's for sure

I have 412 days logged into Runescape.

Am I a xxx1337MLG420Gaymerzxxx now?