So, PewDiePie has been getting paid off to promote video games: in particular, Shadow of Mordor. The FTC caught him...

So, PewDiePie has been getting paid off to promote video games: in particular, Shadow of Mordor. The FTC caught him, among others, in Warner Bros. pocket.

archive.is/VkQhQ

Other urls found in this thread:

ftcpublic.commentworks.com/ftc/warnerbrothersconsent/
8ch.net/activeusers.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%_rule_(Internet_culture)
thepoliticalinsider.com/top-official-set-testify-hillary-found-dead-breaking-news/
thepoliticalinsider.com/new-documents-prove-hillary-clinton-murder-cover/
archive.is/sxMq9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why would a guy who works for Disney shill a competitor's game?
I know the real answer is competition is actually a farce but if you've got anything concrete I'd love to see it

Did you even try reading the archive link?

And you're surprised? Companies have been buying out ecelebs for a while now.

Paid Online Influencers, has a nice ring to it. 2016!.

Because he's dead inside user.

Welp, he got caught.
Next in line: those two CS:GO scammers.

Even with all this shit, normalfags will still like this fuck.
It feels as if everything the FTC does is fucking pointless. Like these people will willingly follow somebody for no reason.

I still see it all the time youtubers being 'sponsored' to promote games. Last ones I saw were, Robbaz, Neebs gaming, and levelcap all promoting BF1, but sporadically declaring they were paid shills, sometimes not at all. In fact almost all big youtubers are guilty of non-disclosure.

The interesting news isn't that he's doing it, the interesting news is that we have proof that he's doing it now. That means we can explain to more people how much of an asscancer these people are.

Frankly I'll be surprised if someone happens to those fucks.

Something*

Though someone works too

Feels good, nigger.

Like the fucks over at Roosterteeth shilling FO4 while wearing pipboys on their arms. That was the moment that I lost all remaining respect for them. Except for maybe Geoff, him I'm just worried about.

> The agreement will be subject to public comment for 30 days, beginning today and continuing through August 10, 2016, after which the Commission will decide whether to make the proposed consent order final. Interested parties can submit comments electronically by following the instructions in the “Invitation to Comment” part of the “Supplementary Information” section of the Federal Register notice.
> NOTE: The Commission issues an administrative complaint when it has “reason to believe” that the law has been or is being violated, and it appears to the Commission that a proceeding is in the public interest. When the Commission issues a consent order on a final basis, it carries the force of law with respect to future actions. Each violation of such an order may result in a civil penalty.

(Checked)
It's like they're just immune to everything.
Jesus Christ, why are they allowed to get away with it? Why is everybody just allowed to get away with everything just because they're e-celebs? I've seen some of them break several laws and they never get any kind of fucking punishment.

normalfags should be exterminated

HAHA, TIME TO COMMENT!
ftcpublic.commentworks.com/ftc/warnerbrothersconsent/

Isn't PewDiePie's audience twelve and under? Is that actually the audience they were after for Shadow of Mordor?

Laws are for the little people.

Exactly lad, there's this attitude that because they still think it's entertaining what they do, the advertising law regarding disclosure doesn't apply to them

Why are you surprised? You think people use terms like "sheeple" or "goyim" around here for no reason?

I was going to be mad that they didn't get punished but then I realized that the FTC's rules about disclosure were changed after the Shadow of Mordor shill-fest.

Yeah, I'm sure the people who accept paid advertizing in every aspect of their life including their win10 desktop will be very receptive to this news.

He plays pretty much anything if you pay him, i think he even made MGSV videos.

There's no audience too small to target. Same reason this board gets shills.

I just want WW3 to start, I don't care anymore for this world

I really can't bring myself to be surprised. I'm just glad most of the people I watch have small audiences and do it for fun.

Do you really think we're that small? I'm not saying we're big, by the way.

it isn't a matter of size. it's the fact you can just copy and past things from 4chan straight to here.

~2500 active users, most of which could be considered a "niche" crowd. You pay a shill for a post/thread, at least one purchase makes a profit.

That really got my blood boiling.

Even if we were that small, they'd be stupid not to target us. A website with anonymous posting, no registration required, and easy ban evasion is a prime target. Hell, sometimes I worry people here think I'm a shill because I get really enthusiastic when I'm into a game.

Actually, watching that again reminded me about IGN's God Hand review and the shitshow with that. Supposedly the writer defended his opinion by saying that out of everyone in the office, only one guy liked it, so obviously that one guy was wrong. But we found out eventually that the only people in the office who even played it were the reviewer (who hated it) and the guy who loved it. So it got shit on.

We're absolutely not 2,500 users.
Those are ACTIVE users.
8ch.net/activeusers.html
We're way more than that. And that doesn't even count the number of lurkers.

I meant to say "active". Although I did fail to account for lurkers.

If you were somehow loved by normalfags, and could make shitloads of money by selling your dignity and pride to a corporation to be their personal shill puppet, why on earth would you NOT do it? That's what I'd like to know.

Contrary to popular belief, money does buy happiness. In fact, money is the only thing of consequence in this entire godforsaken world.

Bro he did say active

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%_rule_(Internet_culture)
Read this and you'll probably get an idea of Holla Forums's size, which, again, is not that big compared to other places.

Does this shock anyone? Ecelebs have been nothing more than marketers for years now, shit went completely corporate ages ago. Of course the richest kike on JewTube is going to try to double dip, they never know when to stop.

Sometimes I regret the day I stopped lurking and started taking part on conversations, Yandev is right in the fact that there's too many faggots who do nothing but shitpost.

He's wrong on calling everyone who was a critic an asshole and wanting a hugbox instead though, he can just go to leddit and stay go there.

"While the videos were sponsored content – essentially ads for Shadow of Mordor – the FTC alleges that Warner Bros. failed to require the paid influencers to adequately disclose this fact. The FTC also alleges that Warner Bros. did not instruct the influencers to include sponsorship disclosures clearly and conspicuously in the video itself where consumers were likely to see or hear them.
Instead, according to the complaint, Warner Bros. instructed influencers to place the disclosures in the description box appearing below the video. Because Warner Bros. also required other information to be placed in that box, the vast majority of sponsorship disclosures appeared “below the fold,” visible only if consumers clicked on the “Show More” button in the description box. In addition, when influencers posted YouTube videos on Facebook or Twitter, the posting did not include the “Show More” button, making it even less likely that consumers would see the sponsorship disclosures.
The complaint also alleges that in some cases, the influencers disclosed only that they had received early access to Shadow of Mordor, but failed to disclose that Warner Bros. also had paid them to promote the game."

He wasn't hiding shit you faggots. Unless he was one of the ones that didn't mention it.

I get it though, ya'll are jealous.

Like I said, one purchase makes profit, especially since anonymous posters are probably paid less to shill than, say, a Neofag which has an identity and would be more trusted or a Jewtuber who speaks more or less gospel to their subscribers.

here's your (You)

They probably just pay poos or chinamen a couple bucks per post.

Oh boy

This is the world the goyim chose.

It's only a matter of time until at least some of them suddenly blow up in popularity and change for the worse forever. I remember occasionally watching Markiplier when was at

Thanks, but the point remains. Ya'll are super overjoyed that OH MY GOD SOMETHING BAD MIGHT HAPPEN TO PEWDIEPIE because….. I'm sure you can finish that sentence in a way that isn't "I subjectively dislike him"

OH MY GOD SOMETHING BAD MIGHT HAPPEN TO PEWDIEPIE because

I subjectively dislike him

Yeah, I know. At least I have them right now.

like when he was reading out random sadpanda comics including straight shota?

There are actually companies which vaguely describe themselves as "Online Influencers". They probably go through those. Anyone know the one website for a company with a long list of organizations they shill for? It had some vidya companies on it.

How do they found out stuff like that? Also, isn't that faggot a swedish cuck?

Because it's fun seeing a man become hollow inside.

Is that a microphone or helium delivery system?

i just realized how fucking strange his mic looks what the fuck

Did you read what I said?
I didn't criticise PDP, I said I didn't know why people still like him after it's reveled he's just a shill.

Do you want to fuck the microphone?

Quit being a nigger, and realise money is worthless.

daily reminder that SJW like to co-opt speech patterns of people that don't fit in with them as a way to supplant their identity. if you see anyone use ya'll on the internet then they are SJW 100% of the time. no redneck actually types that shit out.

I take it that's a yes?

It's also the way they took over the Punk identity and the Atheist movement. Coloured hair used to be a punk thing, not anymore. Science in popular culture is also mostly SJW garbage.

Bullshit when you consider that number against the posts per hour, ~500.

I know that, when I'm on here, I post at the very least ten times in an hour. Usually two or three times that. Going by the rate at which other IDs post, I know I'm not the only one who does that. Given that posting rate, and the posts per hour, it's reasonable to say that at any given time there are at most 50 truly active posters, and thousands who either lurk or only post maybe once a day.

It makes perfect sense when you consider how often you run into the exact same people with the same posting style and the same opinions in every thread, which you should be able to recognize if you've been on any anonymous board for any length of time. The number of people who regularly post here is very, very small.

Are you not accounting for the 1% rule? Read about it.

My post is talking about the 1% rule. 2%, really, but it's the same idea. Based on the phrasing of you're post you're trying to say that the 2,500 users listed as "active" are the 1% and the true number of users (including lurkers) is larger than that.

Who cares? Isn't youtube his job?

It's a scary thought that the shit I post here might be read by 200000 people.

Meanwhile, I just make a couple of posts per day.

brb have to go kill myself

You're paranoid and probably a faggot. I'm not a redneck but I did get in the habit of saying ya'll.

It's nice to have a collective you vs a singular you.

OK, I'll ask Ron when he wakes up.

Active users or number of posters doesn't mean shit to advertisers though. What they care about is spread. My sister works with this crap so I have learned a bit.
A site like this is niche, it's small, it's "too extreme" for normalfag, but opinions are made here, they are discussed, refined and made better than in most circlejerks other places. Thus the opinions formed her matter more and thus spread further. If you can influence that, you can influence how the rest of the world perceives a product, so for relatively little ffort, you have a chance of your message spreading.
Think of it like an advertising version of Inception.

Actually the UIDs is as follows: "Active users" is short hand for "number of /16 subnet ranges to post on this board in the last 72 hours".

IP ranges, so it's more accurate to consider the active users as ISPs being used.

That actually doesn't work too well. 8/v/ is a different beast from 4/v/, although 4/v/ shillery has been picking up as of late *cough* 'Steam *cough*.

That's the user ID board owners get to see. I'm rather certain that the user count statistics actually count each IP individually.

I see that in the page defining the "Active users", but the definition of "posts per hour" is a much more concrete number, which was the basis for my point

I always wondered how he got so e-popular. His whole shtick is pretty much just acting like a retard while playing shitting games, isn't it? A lot of faggots on youtube do that.

No that is what "Active users" on the board list and front page means, that is exactly what the question mark beside it explains the IP specifically that BOs can "see" is actually hidden as random numbers or letters from the BO's eyes so he isn't seeing your actual IP and it's counted to the UID count in thread stats but not board stats.

You answered your own question. How long do you think that shit lasts anyway?

Is that why Notch is so happy? Is that why Pewdiepie looks so ALIVE in videos? It's that why celebrities do drugs and commit suicide?

Are you 19? Are you trying to recruit some new goyim?

Goddamn I never understood how he was so popular. I guess kids are just retarded.

You're probably still laboring under the delusion that most people are fundamentally just like you, maybe a little slower or quicker.

/r/ing the screencap about surrogate friends

That entire FBI report was basically "She's guilty as sin, every single accusation been proven true and on record, but, we seriously don't want poton-Musolini with executive power next years so she gets away scot-free"
While entirely missing the point that if the Rep/Dem parties weren't corrupt as fuck, with the entirety of the government and the alphabet agencies as well then maybe a populist demagogue wouldn't be in position to actually get elected. Just sayin'

Got anything to back that up?

No one seems to understand that Trump's success is highly dependent on the huge distrust and hatred people have towards the majority of US politicians. If the Dems had a candidate who was remotely trustworthy, they would blow Trump out of the water.

Don't forget the media, the media is hugely to blame on this as well.

NEWSFLASH
CELEBRITIES ARE WHORES

Anybody who gets in the way of her becoming the next president gets killed. The Clinton crime family are some of the best connected people in politics.
thepoliticalinsider.com/top-official-set-testify-hillary-found-dead-breaking-news/

thepoliticalinsider.com/new-documents-prove-hillary-clinton-murder-cover/

Is this a problem?

Trump is the only one with a chance of winning who will do anything about it.

Commies, by nature, are not trustworthy.

Don't worry, the press will have their lying mouths shut when rump is elected.

*trump
fuck me

You're okay user.

Rump

There's a screencap from Pewdiepies comment section, it's a kid who says he has to go eat dinner or something, then he posts another comment "ok I'm back". They view him as a surrogate friend.

Ah.

War is quite entertaining according to my dead grandfather

all politicians are just big smelly butts that spew shit all day

So are the press. Trump isn't a politician, and although there is a good chance he is another crook or controlled OP, he is the best chance we have(even if he is, h will have made nationalism popular again). If this doesn't work we can always vote from the rooftops.

I'm merely supporting the guy because the press and both the democrats and republicans have done everything they could to bring down the guy, I see that as a good sign.

It's all staged.

Are you retarded? Why would you ever shit on someone you don't dislike? Isn't that the whole fucking point of shitting on people? To hurt those you don't like? OF FUCKING COURSE IT'S BECAUSE I SUBJECTIVELY DISLIKE HIM

I fucking hope not

>>>/reddit/

How new are you?

You fags do realize that this man pretty much stopped playing vidya in favor of making videos in the fashion of Filthy Frank and h3h3, right? The poor men is definitely dead inside.

Satan trips of truth.

You have to go back

in the 90s if you wanted to disappoint your parents you told them you were going to make music for some oc donut steel rock genre now it's this

user, kids don't give a fuck about moral quandaries, they just watch whatever shit makes them laugh.

We'll see. Jews aren't great with foresight.

It's because it sounds like foreskin, and they hate that.

Worse than any dead inside faggot here, they simply absorb stimulation, practically vegetables at this point.

What? Rabbis love eating foreskins, it's a delicacy in Israel. And as a proud American i am blessed to be circumcised to honor g-d's chosen people.

Pump a Trump.

Underrated post. This could be huge if it sets a precedent.

Also, daily reminder.

Parasites aren't videogames. Don't promote them.

I needed that laugh

I'd still like to believe PewDiePie is a good guy outside of the character he portrays

didn't totalasscancer make a video about this as well?

"Influencers"

Goddammit when did videogames turn to this?

It's all gone to hell.

On a positive note: at least my favourite devs don't have the money to pay for marketing.

WTF are you on user. I've never watched Pewdepie whatever the hell his name is.

I don't do ads, I block all that shit.

But whether he lives or dies is of no concern to me. I just can't stand advertising.

Hopefully that part doesn't give up hope and fade away

Compare PewDiePie of this year to Pewds of when he first appeared on cam, then made it big.

He legitimately looks fucking dead inside, and Marzia cucking him isn't any help either.

He has been dead awhile since he went on a huge spiel about how awful it was that he said retard or faggot and also apologized about his mean humor.

That's a matter of POV faggot

Becasue I have dignity and honor
Shallow material one, I totally see how actors or celeb are happy and not at all try to fill the void of their life with sjw cause or adopting nigglets

A good person would not exploit children for money.

I'm not even surprised in the slightest with this news. What's got me more surprised is that this even needed a thread.

Check my doubles

looks like nothing then this time.

It also looks as if they've been banned from doing it again without clear, in video, statements of sponsorship.

You don't say? Wow, you're a genius.

The difference here is that the FTC have ruled on it. It now cannot be denied or repeated.

Shocking though it may seem this is more meaningful than a bunch of anons pointing out the obvious to people who really don't want to know the truth anyway.

Kill yourself sjw filth.

why a gif?

also cant wait for a Totalbiscuits sponsorships to leak or something, he is scummy as hell too with this

Only if they were also anti subhuman immigration as well, you dirty pinko.

I'm glad everyone is branding these kinds of people as "influencers" now, but I am disgusted that even when they're called as they are, people are okay with them existing. It's like if people were okay with being called "shills" and the crowd they pandered too were okay with saying they follow a shill. I can't believe this is reality and not some parody, at least before I could beleive the people were at least being tricked but it's not even that, they are totally content with being followers and not thinking for themselves. Crazy.

Having money gives the chance to get good food, a good house, security, travel around the world, practically do whatever the fuck you want, good education for your children, and much more.

Doesn't he put that he's been paid off in the video description that no one reads?

you mean the guy with over a million subscribers that would jump off a bridge if he suggested it has been advertising games?

WHHAAATTTTTTTTTT?

He did say it was sponsored.

archive.is/sxMq9

That's explained on the original link.
The FTC claims hiding the disclosure under the 'SHOW MORE…' video details is not enough, and the disclosure must be highly visible and also said during the video itself.

I think the worst thing was that shadow of mordor was actually an okay game, except that retarded mission with the ghuls in the second area

Please stop posting this creature

What are those last two images supposed to portray?

Also
Why were any of us surprised?

I used to just lurk too, but then the shitposting got to me enough that I had to post more regularly. I'm glad I did, because this way I get to see more of the discussion that I want. The more good posters that do that, the better.
Sage for off-topic