Anybody got into the closed alfa of pic related

Anybody got into the closed alfa of pic related

Is it any good?

Do you honestly even have to ask this question?

No, it's not.

If you liked BF3 or BF4 then you'll like it since it's a fucking reskin with a WWI setting slapped on top of it.

Thats factually wrong.
It's much more shit than either of those and bf4 was much more shit than 3 which is still much mroe shitty than earlier battlefields.

no.
fuck modern battlefield

if you wanna play a nu-shooter, just go play cod4 on PC.
game's still alive and modded to hell thanks to ruskies

Except it's not. It's the exact same thing just with a WWI skin. You can try and prove me wrong but it's the same fucking thing. Just like Battlefront was a fucking BF3/4 hybrid with a coat of Star Wars paint over it.

Battlefield has been so stagnant that it's impossible to even differentiate game play wise between the previous 4 games.

It is simply amazing. It is the future game everyone has been waiting for! You should definitely pre-order it, it is really that amazing.

Don't listen to bigoted neo-nazis that try to tell you otherwise, they just can't handle the truth.

Its not modern doe, so thats why I am interested for the first time since Bc2

its not better, its not worse. its just the same.
it feels worse because they had a great setting and ruined it, but from a gameplay point of view its just more of the same.

It has much less vehicles and guns.
Classes are shittier and have less gadgets.
Propably hass less maps and less gamemodes too to boot.
If you argument is that it's the same shit as in cap flags and shoot people then you're a retard as the formula has always been that. The point is just they keep taking away the little things that actually make the formula fun to play ever since battlefield 2 / 2142.

it's still exactly the same.
replacing AK47s with BARs and M14s with Winchesters or Remingtons or whatever isn't going to change anything outside of maybe increasing reload times.

You'll still have the same game modes, you'll still have to farm like crazy to unlock one scope and you'll still have to deal with shitty players who can't aim for shit and don't play their class.

if you don't believe me, look up any alpha footage.
it's the same as BC2 but with less blue & orange

fuck EA and fuck DICE

That still handle and play like any other previous 3 games. Tanks don't act like actual tanks from WWI and Bi-Planes might as well be considered modded jets with how they handle and dogfight.

AT grenades, Morphine for Revives, Ammo packs and Medkits, so again, it's the exact same as the previous 3 games.

How does that disprove that the game doesn't play just like the others?

Every single game from Battlefield 1942 to Bad Company 2 had different mechanics and variable gameplay that you could tell apart. Once you get to Battlefield 3 and after it devolves into the same shit for everything after.

You still haven't disproven the fact that the gameplay is the exact fucking same as Battlefield 3 and after. Try comparing any modern Battlefield to something like embed related where the players actually USE teamwork instead of running around the map randomly for a high K/D.

You're just proving my points you nigger.

Here you don't even prove me wrong but just prove that the few vehicles they do have are even shittier than in the previous games.
So it's not the same, it has less and the ones it has are worse. Are you an idiot?

The previous games have mortars, mines reconnaissance devices, binoculars spawn beacons, that rope crossbow from bf2, crossbow from bf3 which is my favourite salt mining weapon.
So you just proved my point, it has less.

You are retarded.

The only difference between 3 and 2 for example are gun/vehicle stat values which were shittier in 3 since they aimed for more run&gun gameplay with less time to kill on guns and less gadgets, most notably fun gadgets like the rope crosbow from that bf2 dlc.

Support is my all time favourite and even LMG stats were changed between 3 and 4 to make enough difference to warrant different play style.
Certainly not as much as difference between 2 and 3 but still a difference, for the worse tho.

They're totally not the same, each iteration is evidently shittier than the last.

Well actually this started after bad company 2 / bf2 depending on what you like. Before that everything was rad.

Ay homies listen. So was there really like, blacks and shit in World War I and shit? Is this game tryin' to say, we were like, soldier boys and shit?

Less is more retard. Bf3 onwards is so fucking bloated with gimicky mechanics weapons and attachments that taking things away is a possitive change.

I would much rathet have bf2 system of classes with limited gadgrts and performance

Bc1-2 is the abdolute best that modern shooters can be anything else is anstep back

if battlefront was a skin/mod/paintjob of bf3/4 it would be a better game, but guess what?, its even worst.

Come on. Hardline and the Star Wars game were such trash holy crap

Nice meme friendo. Here's a +1 for your creativity

Would help if you gave the name of the game instead of just saying "pic-related" to a picture without a name in it with a giberish filename.

Black Israelite detected

Oh, it's Battlefield. I genuinely thought it was another Resident Evil game I hadn't heard about. Looks like generic trash. Why would I give a fuck about Battlefield after the god awful piece of shit that was 3?

No.

Well if its anything like like Bc2 then im sold. Bad company actually had balance in terms of classes weapons and vehicles. You had to gitgud.

Everything afterwards is pure bullshit. I played the open beta for 3 and 4 and was like pic related

You're asking in the wrong place, everyone here is just going to post the same shit as because they're parroting shit everyone else says. You're also going to get a whole load of BF2 nostalgia fags who think BF2 was perfect in every way it wasn't. Anyone who says the game isn't 'authentic' enough needs to fuck off as well, go play Verdun, we need the extra players there anyway.

Off the top of my head here are some things I like/dislike

• SMGs are fucking useless at any distance compared to semi-atuos and Rifles and so they should be.

• However Assault still seems way too fucking good still. Having so many anti-vehicle tools in their arsenal seems a bit too much, would it kill them to have a fifth class for a designated anti-tank? This is still a huge improvement from the M16a3/ACE 23/AEK Medic Train from BF3/BF4 though.

• Medic being it's own thing is a huge improvement to gameplay in general, now not everyone and their dog will have a medkit.

• Why the fuck does the medic have access to a repair tool? It's seriously retarded, just give it to the dedicated vehicle classes.

• On that note dedicated vehicle classes are a huge improvement

• Support still feels kind of useless and seems to be the class that will get gimmick items that aren't really useful, shit like tripwires and mortars.

• Bipods are actually useful and the bipod system works extremely well and pretty much seamlessly. I still need to play support a bit more and see if that can be used to make it a really strong class.

• LMGs get more accurate the longer you fire, like in Bad Company 2.

• Scout class attracts retards, nothing new there. I'm personally not a fan of the 'bell curve sweet spot' damage models for sniper rifles either. The lever action is fantastic fun though.

• The game moves at a faster pace, probably because movement in general is a lot smoother.

• Tanks feel a fuckton more powerful, and like actual tanks. The heavy tank also requires teamwork to be really effective.

• Aircraft feel like they have been dumbed down a ton, it's a lot easier to fly, shoot and drop bombs than it should be.

I can't think of more at the moment, all in all I'd say wait 6 months for patches to fix shit and pick it up in a sale. Never pay full price for an EA game anyway, they don't deserve it.

i hate to imagine. battlefield 2 blew anus, people only like it for the planes and choppers.
the only good one was 2142

I haven't bought a BF game since BC2, I played the demo for BF3 and hated it, never bothered with BF4/hardline.

Those sound like some welcome changes. What weapon does the medic have? smg?

Dmr/semi auto sniper rifles

WE

Not as bad as them all being armed with LMGs but that is still questionable.

Bad company 2 didnt have the longer you shoot the better your accuracy gets mechanic. You are thinking of 2142

here you go friend, for future shitposting.

I actually think its a good idea.You are still going to get raped in cqc but now you can safely take pot shots at snipers and bipoded lmg fags and heal yourself. Also DMRs have 10 round mags so its not gonna be as spammy methinks

fuck off

It is just BF4 in "WE WUZ FLANDERS" dressing.

WUZ

Fuckoff shill

Hitler dubs, check em

Sig heil

Here's your (you). Only UUUU

I thought it was meant to be like battlefront mixed with battlefield but with less laser beams

WE WUZ AUSTRO HUNGARIAN N SHIET

If you want a good World War 1 game play Verdun. It's not only really good but it's also not made by EA. This game is a lot of things but it's not a World War 1 game nor is it at all good. If you want a game that plays like it play Battlefield 1942.

BIG

Sounds like a Cawadooty endorsement.
Fuck off shill

>Decent altered art, though

Posts like this are what Holla Forums is suppose to be about. Not a bunch of autistic faggots crying because someone made a thread about something that isn't some faggot ass weeaboo game.

If you like Battlefield games, you'll like this one.

LOL. Even the latest edition of Star Wars battlefront has literally 50x the player base as that piece of slow shit. Yesterday when I responded to another faggots like yourself it had 60x the players playing. You guys have absolutely terrible taste. You suggest that someone buy a game that literally no one is playing, and that chances are, if they like the pace of something like a Battlefield game, they are not going to like Verdun.

You unlock stuff by using war bonds, you receive war bonds for leveling up and stuff. You purchase specific weapon setups that already have the scopes attached them. You don't have to grind anymore to unlock one specific optic. They've also mentioned new game modes, one being a game mode that takes over an hour to complete and has you fighting through several different battles to either push towards or defend objectives. When you complete one fight it loads another map and you can see the previous map you were just fighting on off in the background. They have also completely changed up everything about the gun mechanics, from adding drag to the bullets, to changing up how spread works, and adding in sweet spots for snipers. You have no idea what you are talking about. Every single person that is saying this is just a bF4 reskin is just parroting what others are saying without actually looking into it themselves and it's making them all look like massive retards. So much about this game has been changed.

I dont like any Battlefield games after badcompany 2. So I am hoping for that particular lightning to strike twice and for dice to make another spiritual successor to it.

So far it looks like it hit all the right notes but people are saying that tanks are OP as fuck. I dont think vehicles should be a cawadooty kill streak for a player to go 56-0. You should have a dedicated team working a tank for that to happen. In bc2 all you need are two at-4 shots for tank to go down so people had to get good to dominate with it

The races thats for sure

Yea, tanks seem pretty OP now. But this is still the pre-alpha build, and I think DICE was trying to give tanks that feeling of being unstoppable beasts which they kinda were in ww1. To get the bigger tanks to work correctly you do need some teamwork though. In the medium tank the driver doesn't have control of a turret or anything, and he needs to line up the tank so that his gunners on the side can actually get their shots off. Plus the final version of the game will have TNT in it which is going to be like the c4 from other BF games.

BF really started going to shit, BC2 was a really, really good game, then BF3 came out and it was good, just not as good as the game before it, then BF4 came out and things started getting really bad and the whole thing got bloated with no skill scrub weapons and pointless attachments and shit. Hardline was such a shit show that I didn't even buy it. I'm pretty excited about this one though to be honest.

Snipers seem kinda OP to me though. They can one shot kill with body shots if they're within a certain range. But they are snipers, so maybe they're not so OP after all.

An online killing simulator is very disrespectful to the people who gave their lifes in WW1.

Tnt/c4 isnt really a viable anti-tank weapon more of a tool to check if the tank pilot still has a pulse. Any even half decent player can shoot down jihad jeeps or cheeky ninjas.
In bc2 you could throw them quite a distance then Dice gone removed that feature and you cant throw it further than your nose.
Im gonna make up my mind when public beta goes live. DICE usually does fuck all between beta end and game shipping.

Holy shit dude if you're going to shill all over this board at least be subtle about it.

Lol why would you even bother?

theres nothing fun about respect

Yeah and all the World War Two games that played absolutely nothing like World War Two say, I don't know, Battlefield 1942. 99% of all fucking shooter games are not authentic time peices for a reason and the ones that are are niche.

"It's bad because it's not authentic," IS a shitty argument because it wouldn't be fun and FPS game developers have known this since Wolfenstein 3D. World War Two was still mostly a bolt action affair but no one complained about 1942 being mostly SMGs and every second German soldier having the STG 44.

Check OPs posts you dumb niggers

Because discussing a game you don't like in any capacity instantly makes it a shill thread?

You're the only dumb nigger here.

>>>/mtt/

Kill yourself.

should of offed yourself long ago, my man

And reddit propably has much more users than Holla Forums, perhaps you'd like it there too?

Heh, you sure showed me. No, I suppose you're right. That all time peak player base of 2,100 people really points to Verdun being a good game. kek

Apply yourself.

How about the fact that it's current player numbers are only a 1/3 of it's all time peak and the game has only been out for a year? Is that the sign of a good game?

Maybe, maybe not.
Facebook has more users than many countries have people.
Does that mean its a thing we should all use and enjoy too?

???

1/3 of peak players after half a year? That's quite good.

No it's not. BF4 had an all time peak of 211,000. It's peak today was 104,000. BF4 is 2 1/2 years old and it's peak today is only half of what it's all time high was. 1/3 in a year is terrible.

Oh, we are talking about peak now, it's 1/2 in that case. Checked a few other, popular and not, games and 1/3 looks quite good, probably not when BF4 is your only god.

Kill yourself, no sarcasm or irony here, you have to be braindead or a shill to want to play this game

How is 561 1/2 of 2,140?

Gave someone my Origin account because I already got bored of the alpha

probably gonna buy it tho, it's breddy gud tbh

nice try at attempting to fit in.

Im amazed you're still fucking shilling that thing. I was a bit interested in the game at first but holy shit have you changed my mind.

i just don't understand why they put a WW1 skin on this

like, if every class is carrying SMGs or semi-auto rifles, why even bother? why not make it another WW2 game, or set it in another time period where it isn't seen by history fags like me as revisionist garbage and would instead make sense? i just don't get it

and that`s the history of my post you nigger, their youtube channel drop 2 gameplay trailers last month so it should be near a pre-release stage

Only 1 class has SMGs and only one class has semi auto rifles.

He's on a roll, guys!

I wonder if hes paid per post

go back to facebook

By contrast, blacks thinking they ruled Egypt is no great leap in thinking. In other words:
WE
WAZ
KAISERS/CZARS

really? huh

I like how every time I prove you wrong all you can do is call me shill. Kinda sounds like a shill tactic in of itself to be honest family.

Does EA dock your paycheck every time your ID is hidden?

Lets test that theory.

theres no need to be triggered

kek

After you

To be totally honest, while I really like the setting I don't think you could make a very good shooter out of WW1, however, there are a ton of really cool experimental weapons in the 1890-1920 range that I don't think its a waste to make a game based on those. While ultimately they're prototypes with serious design problems I could imagine a game about that sort of thing.

I don't think this game will be very good though, regardless of its adherence to the setting.

Cant wait for pic related to be in the game so I can the most euphoric /k/amerad out there

WE WUZ KAISERS

Wow, you're a fucking retard!
Your own post, 24h peak, but no, I gotta compare BF4 peak against Verdun current players.
Either a fucking shill or a fucking retard, that speaks a lot about your opinion.

EY YO HALT UP!
SO YOU SAYIN
==WE WUZ FROM DAS VATERLAND
SCHNIEEEEEEEETZEL

now thats just insulting
t. ausfag

I miss my days in Bad Company 2.

Being ANZAC is suffering

Marginalizing the poor Aboriginals who proudly fought for queen and country. Shame on you Sir! Shame on you!!

Where is it written that tanks are supposed to be feared? Since realism doest apply here as its an arcade-y shooter there isnt a logical why an infantry man shouldnt be able to solo a tank. God knows 99% of the servers run instant vehicle spawn and all vehicles can inta-gib infantry. Makes it only fair for it to be the other way around too

Those numbers for Battlefield weren't 24 hour peak numbers. They were just the number of players at that current time. I misspoke when I said peak. The current number of players right now is 105,000 . Look for yourself. bf4stats.com Thanks for letting me know that I could have put anythign I wanted to though since apparantly you don't look up these numbers yourself.

It's fucking garbage.

You can add more without ruining the game, it's called balance.

Nice.

Christ go back to fucking Reddit.

BF4 peaked a lot higher than that, but that still means nothing. 8 million fucking people play CS:GO, it's still a shit game.

I fucking loved TheRussianBadger. Has he hopped off EA's dick yet?

Nope.

You know poeple are going to reply to this right? Also sage is not a downvote. You are not doing a good job of fitting in

Maybe you should follow your own advice