Sega has a bunch of awesome franchises and they go bankrupt

Explain this bullshit, Holla Forums.

Namco has better franchises than Sega and nearly all of them go unnoticed

Due to poor business decisions with their consoles. It didn't have to do with their franchises.

It is true that Nintendo as a company is shit, buy if you actually think that Metroid, F-zero, Donkey Kong and etc are shit, then you can check my dubs.

That image really doesn't help you make a case, OP.

Gravity Rush is the only one im interested in and we all know the second one will be censored.

Fucking Mario had spin off series based on other characters like Wario and yet they're fun as fuck.

Wario can beat the Doomguy.

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDONT

Which is losing haha

It looks like the Jet Set Radio guy was holding the maraca for a second

Sega are astronomically stupid and mismanage their shit.
I would say nintendos doing similar shit right now(F zero when) but getting to Segas level of fuck up would be quite an acomplishment.

Check out Tearaway. They advertised the PS4 one like a remake but it's much more like a sequel with only a small percentage of the content the same. And Ratchet & Clank is still going. Maybe Sly, assuming the movie wasn't cancelled after Ratchet's movie bombed. If there is a Sly movie soon they'll definitely put out a game with it.

I just want a new Jet Set Radio.

SEGA keeps making stupid decisions, that is why (Although Nintendo does as well)

The Sly movie looked ugly as fuck, should have been some 2d animated movie for dvd and tv only

This, and they treat their ips like shit out of Japan (even Sonic). Sega of Japan hates the West.

I could get used to it. I liked the Ratchet movie a lot, and while Sly didn't look as promising, I still want to see it. Plus I want Sly 5.

You like being a contrarian.

LOL

I don't what you're talking about OP, Sega does nothing with their IPs besides Sonic.

Nintendo is the best when trying to copy SEGA.

Also Yakuza is just Streets of Rage under another name

And that's WHY Sega lost everything

Awesome ages poorly. Mario was stupid in the 80's but not much stupider today. JSR was pretty cool when it came out but super dated today.

Shitty things sell, good things don't

I think you have them both backwards, bro.

Serves them right. They trusted consoles.

As much as I like JSR, I think a new one would completely miss the mark on what made the old ones good. It needs that mid to late 90s style.

It's even cooler today because the rest of the world has become lamer since the Dreamcast era.

To expand, this applies to the companies themselves

Sega: awesome, doesn't sell

Sega: shit, does sell

Nintendo: awesome, doesn't sell

Nintendo: shit, does sell
>Wii ___

He's had like 3 legitimately shit games.

Natsume and Koei both have better franchises, and they don't have their own console lines. WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT, OP?

Sonic the Fighters
Sonic R
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic 06
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic 4
Sonic Chronicles

and the "good" games weren't that good

Most of those games are just meh. Some are good. You're just mad because you can't feel the sunshine. Only like two and a half of those games are actually bad. I haven't played Chronicles yet so I'll just give you that point and say it's bad, but once I play it I'll get back to you. And Sonic 4 Episode II is good. It's very different from Episode I.

Go back to your memehole, reddit.

The only good sonic games were the ones on SEGA megadrive/genesis, the rest was autistic teletubbies-level garbage.

Its already bad

oh wow, really?

also, what's with the epic maymay about the Genesis Sonic games being better than SNES Mario games?

which is true, except for Yoshi Island

It also has some cool extra modes that other racing games don't have.

And Sonic the Fighters is very impressive as such an early 3D fighting game.

It's because Sega's making more and more Sonic games rather than focusing on their other IPs.

Now you can argue about how Sonic's currently completely 100% shit or how Sonic 1-4 are the only good ones or how Boom and 06 are the only bad ones but here's the thing. Capcom back in the day shat out at least two Mega Man games per year, sometimes three. No matter what you think of the actual games the fact stands that after a while people just get burned out from a series getting so much exposure and games and instead of the reaction to a sequel being "NEW SONIC GAME GET HYPED" it becomes "Oh look another sonic game".

Personally I don't see what people see in Sonic, at least to the point that Sega should ignore games like Otogi, Gun Valkryie, Vanquish, Binary Domain, Alex Kidd, Vectorman, Daytona, Crazy Taxi, Echo the Dolphin, Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, MOTHER FUCKING House of the Dead, Jet Set Radio, Madworld(but I guess Nintendo and Wii have that now?), NiGHTs, Panzer Dragoon, Out Run, Jet Set Radio and Shinobi in favor of Sonic games.

While it's true that Sega ignores their other franchises, keep in mind that the last real Sonic game was like 4 years ago or something. Sonic Boom was a special case as a licensed tv tie in. It's not like there's a Sonic game every year.

SEGA has a variety of properties that appeal to a wide range of gaming palettes (that they don't take advantage of because they're stupid/poor).

90% of Nintendo's franchises are easy, cutesy family games and the other 10% will either become that soon or become that in 10 years when Nintendo goes through its old properties for something to milk nostalgiabucks from.

Holy shit I feel like it was only five months ago.
Actually it's about three years ago, if you're talking about Lost World.

It doesn't matter how many modes Sonic R has, it still plays like shit.

And Sonic the Fighters is exactly like all early 3D fighting games. And they're shit, as most early 3D games were, being either ugly as fuck (Alone in the Dark), having borderline unplayable FPSs (Stunt Race FX),
being only an amazing technological display, nothing more like that. The best 3D games were really not in 3D, but a ingenious use of 2D sprites (Doom, Duke Nukem 3D)

This. In fact I seem to recall people saying that Sega would do really well dropping out of hardware manufacture and going software only due to the strength of their franchises.
As for the OP. Well either it's bait or one of the few remaining Sega fanboys from the 90s still salty as fuck. Nintendo have just handled their IPs better than Sega have until recently at least and they didn't go full retard with hardware add ons like Sega did with Mega Drive and bankrupt themselves

It's easy. Look at all the franchises on the Sega side. They've done jack shit with all those great game series and decided to milk the everloving fuck out of Sonic instead. This also reminds me how Konami bought HudsonSoft and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing with all their awesome games.

Gee I wonder why

Sega didn't put out enough Sonic and All Stars Racing caliber racing games per console.

I'm biding my time waiting for the rise of waifushit due to the social collapse of society brought on by various ideologies. "Family friendly" will die and soon we will live in a world where nothing but the most hardcore edgy shit will be sought after. Men realizing that women's cons outweigh their pros will be the number one thing that will kill nintendo, every genre will be infused with waifu a la overwatch, nep, or senran. Nintendo will be left in the dust as the other big gook companies are already starting down the path of righteousness.

I disagree. Get good, faggot. It doesn't control as good as Mario Kart 64 or some other later racing games (Crash Team Racing will forever be the best) but it's got more uniqueness than most of them and works well enough for what it is. It could have used more tracks, but otherwise it's just fine.

You misunderstand me. It was one of the first to actually use the three dimensions in a significant way. That makes it stand out from its contemporaries, even 2D ones, and makes it worth a play. It also controls well and has an okay bunch of characters and moves. I mean I'm no tourneyfag or whatever but it's a decently fun fighting game with a good amount of variety.

u fuckin wot m8? Sega has made some of the best racing games of all time:

Yeah but he said per-console, and how many of those are from the last two or three gens?

And F-Zero? Am I missing something?

Daytona is so much damn fun man

I'm really getting sick of people saying shit like this. One thing you fail to realize is that other people aren't like us. They don't see the various ways men are fucked over and they most certainly don't weigh the pros and cons. All they see is a place to put their dicks. There will always be men willing to submit to slavery for a place to put their dicks, and that is never ever going to change.

Last time I check around 75% of men under 30 weren't married.

There's a fair percentage of men over 30 who aren't married either

what is

I'm not saying this shit will happen overnight, and I'm not saying it'll be worldwide. But you have to realize that which each generation, people are giving less of a fuck of the shit they watch, and will go out of their way for edgy shit. People are starting to get tired of traditional family values and whatnot. The only childrens films millenials will watch are shitty childhood reboots. People are getting married later, everyone college aged and younger was raised by motherfucking Gen X. Divorce IIRC is skyrocketing. Children are being raised by the internet because their parents are busy and too "open-minded" to place parental restrictions. An entire generation is currently being raised by people who play fucked up horror games on youtube and curse up a storm. A million things are happening at once and eventually strong parenting will simply die out. I could write entire essays about this shit.

F-Zero GX was developed by Amusement Vision which is a subsidiary of Sega

Adults and teenagers have historically never watched childrens' films. If anything it's more acceptable and popular today than it was in the past.

Overwatch was successful because it was a good game. :^)
In all honesty, can you? It'd be a good read, especially as sort of updated Brave New World.

You don't have to get married to be a slave, in fact you need only have children, and even that's not necessary knowing the number of emasculated scum out there. It just happens to make things a lot easier. When I see your post about the age of waifus I can only see wishful thinking, but perhaps I'm projecting in that case. I just can't see men throwing off the shackles when they're largely responsible for this mess. Women get away with murder because manginas let them get away with it. Men aren't going to change.

Overwatch is only big because the ad campaign went so well. I'm not really sure why you're bringing up Japan.

Strong parenting is just getting replaced by stronger brainwashing. The void left by parents was filled by the education system and the media. Sure people aren't getting married but that's only because divorce is so damn common even your average monkey brained male understands that it's not likely to work out. Yeah sure people curse and whatnot, but the minute you curse a woman every mangina in the room will turn on you. IE: every male this generation has to offer.

It's easy to think that this gen is nothing but a bunch of brainwashed SJWs but they really are just a loud minority. Thanks to South Park and youtube vids of colleges like Mizzou those nutcases are mocked openly by normalfags. There is also the rise of the alt-right and MGTOW to consider.

Funny you say that, I've been planning a book out for years now. All I gotta do is write it at this point, only problem is actually filling the damn thing beyond a few pages, something I'm notoriously bad at.

Men and women there are realizing that relationships aren't worth the trouble, see the amount of waifushit radiating from Japan if you want evidence. Men with a decent IQ around the world will eventually all realize that women are just piles of shit, the feminist movement is killing relationships no, I don't have evidence for that but I doubt I do
Yes but what's more interesting is the first defense people use when you shit on it: "It's Tf2 with waifus, who doesn't want waifus?"
Because they realize that women are shit, plain and simple. Only now they act on it because women have taken feminism to the point where relationships in general aren't worth it. God knows how many MGTOWs are on the internet these days.

Men pre-sjw weren't much better. They're arguably more at fault than anyone, and these sjws are the results of their efforts. The idea that there's some new kind of male that rejects either is already baffling, much less the idea that they're common. Perhaps there are more men that think like us than I realize, but I think it's far more likely that we're the minority. Birds of a feather, etc.

I just can't see us walking the same path as Japan. Our men aren't like the Japanese. They're worn down by pressure until they stop giving a fuck or give up, whereas our men live an almost carefree life all the way up until they're fully grown regressives.

As for Overwatch I suppose I'm glad the presence of waifus can be regarded as a positive.

No see this is where we're off track. Men don't think women are shit. They just don't think they've met the right one, and they'll sell themselves out to the nearest women that shows them a little kindness before she pulls the rug out from under them. I think we'll just have to disagree on this one. Mgtows are most certainly a minority.

Why are you avatarfagging?

No, I think you're just envisioning an equally probable future and I'm just fantasizing a bit. We'll see soon enough who'll be right.

So that he knows I'm the same person, but mostly because I have a lot of Neptune reaction images. I realize there's a code but I don't normally look at them so I assumed no one else does either.

Then let's hope I'm wrong.

As an unapologetic Sega fanboy, no

Most of Sega's IP's are for gimmick games. They also went bankrupt because of horrible management with their consoles, not because of their IP's or how "good" they are.

With that being said, they really need to reboot some of their franchises, and focus on PC and/or Nintendo consoles if they want to see any success.

Fast paced, simple shooting game with a fuckload of platforming. Focus is less on "pop in and out of corners" a-la cowwa doody, more like original Doom 1 & 2 (lots of strafing, sidestepping, etc). Keep the general aesthetic of the old games.

Either reboot it with an entirely new story (again), or remake the original two games as one gorgeous 3D game. Focus on muh grafix and physics, because the Ecco games were always gorgeous.

Another CUHRAYZEE game in the vein of DMC, Bayonetta, etc.

Bro-op beat 'em up. Keep it 3D, actually have choices in paths, but keep the combat simple, smooth, and fast paced. Make its combat "back-and-forth" rather than typical co-op stompfest.

At least one of these titles would give Sega some pretty great success. They're either blind or are intentionally withholding from developing good games.

Shit, best, shit, shit.

its ok if nintendo does it

The difference is that Nintendo actually marketed its franchises to hell and back, and usually favored their own first & second party IP's over third party ones

To this end, all of the branches of Nintendo were united with authority centralized strongly in the Japan headquarters.

The same can't be said for SEGA.

More franchises on Nintendo's side have gotten games in the last 10 years

What do you mean by this? You just listed four IPs that aren't very gimmicky. There's Sonic, which I don't think you could say is an IP for gimmick games. Are ToeJam and Earl, Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS into Dreams, or Crazy Taxi gimmicky? Maybe, because I have no clue what you mean. I'm just imagining Sega Bass fishing with that Dreamcast fishing rod controller which also works on Soul Calibur.

>forgetting seaman

Oh yeah, but that was an awesome gimmick and everyone has a mic nowadays, so they should bring it back.

an ex-Sonic Team dev once revealed the mechanism Sega uses to decide which IP to focus on at a given time:
First the team puts together a fucking awesome game concept, gets an engine made, and throws together a prototype. Then the higher ups tell them to make it a sonic game

the last time someone tried to do a mic-heavy game it didn't go so well

bark like a dog

Don't want to put words into 's mouth but what he might mean is that those games rely on some central theme or gimmick to sell themselves, so they don't lend well to sequels/followups because it becomes old hat afterwards. I think, though, that proper treatment to any of the mentioned franchises could lead to good concepts, but relying too heavy on the tropes that made it successful initially just makes it stale or even repulsive.

Playstation 2
everyone on south america had one of these because you could mod them to play pirated games.

oops, forgot about Binary Domain

so maybe Sega can do a decent mic game

What's NiGHTS Into Dreams' gimmick? Being the only Saturn game anyone ever heard of at the time?

You're retarded if you think PS2 alone killed Sega's console division, and doubly retarded if you think a bunch of burritoniggers made a significant enough difference to really be a nail in the coffin.

Besides that, it was a 3D "platformer" where you fly through rings, grab orbs and make circles around enemies. It felt like it could have worked almost as well as an arcade game since getting a good grade meant racking up as many points as you could before the timer ran out. I've never played the Wii game, so I don't know what it does differently, but it seems to have been decently well received.

When will this meme end? Dreamcast died because Sega fumbled the console's release in Japan and because of the bridges they burned with the Saturn.

Meant to say "NiGHTS is a platformer that does those things and not much else." There isn't a whole lot of depth.

Same could be said of Nintendo with Mario and Zelda. Both companies are now shadows of their former selves and they're going to peddle out mediocre shit everytime because they have a fanbase that will die on the sword with them.

Mad bait but some people will think it's real

At this point he's had more shit games then good games.

SEGA may have good franchises, but they are fucking dipshits when it comes to using them. Say what you want about Nintendo's franchises, that company definitely knows how to make games that appeal to the masses. Very few SEGA franchises remain that haven't been thoroughly raped to death and ruined forever. Mario might be getting stale, but he has nowhere near the negative reputation that Sonic has.

Yakuza is pretty low-budget, I think it sells enough to break even.

But it wasn't 3D or a platformer. It was a 2.5d flying game with a little 3D content that you are actively discouraged from ever playing. Still, I wouldn't say that's a gimmick. It's just an arcade-style game.

Yeah it's a very arcade-y game, but then so are a lot of other games that made Sega big. I guess if anything that might have contributed to their downfall. Nobody buys beat em ups and arcade shooters anymore. Crazy Taxi is another very arcade-y game though I'd buy a new one right fucking now if I could.

The guy you're replying to is actually a special kind of retard, he's saying that PS2 won because it was easier to pirate for, which anyone who knows anything about video games knows is patently untrue.

Dreamcast probably could have lasted a bit longer and not made Sega quit if the Saturn hadn't bombed as hard as it had, and the Saturn wouldn't have bombed as hard as it had if they hadn't fucked up with the 32X and CD. Sega was in freefall for a decade before they finally went under.

Most Sonic games are meh at worst. There are only a few that are truly shit.

You've got to be joking.

Jet Set Radio Future PC HD remaster never

Feels terrible.

Sega burned it's bridges with some of those franchises. Instead of continuing them in any faithful way they just flipped them upside down and alienated the original audience.

For what purpose?

They were always a third-rate ripoff of Sega's games.

I just want Soul Calibur and Pac-Man World back.

You sound angered hothead

The only good properties Sega has are Monkey Ball, Jet Set Radio and Toejam&Earl

When you get to Chronicles, remember this: grind. GRIND LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER, BECAUSE THE GAME WILL REPEATEDLY PUNCH YOU IN THE DICK TOWARDS THE ENDGAME IF YOU DIDN'T!

This actually happened, check out the PS2.

you have it all wrong. nintendo was just better at the business game

But it's true.

No Shinobi? No Streets of Rage character? No Golden Axe character?

Fuck, people focus too much on the Dreamcast era and forget the time when Sega was actually king (even if just for 2-3 years).

The Fuck are you talking about? Klonao has more in common with the original Ninja Gaiden than it does with fucking ristar.

Nice terrible opinions fag.