IT'S HAPPENING!!!

hooktube.com/watch?v=veG18ENZU2M&t=0s

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-disney-fox-sports-nets-espn-20171206-story.html
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Weyland-Yutani_Corporation#Trivia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what exactly is Disney acquiring with this deal?

Emma can save the Alien franchise

Killing Gotham and DC shows on Fox, merging Fox Sports into ESPN, now demanding carriers package all Disney, ABC, ESPN, FOX, FX, Fox Sports package into all-in-one or you can carry none. Being a monopoly and a general nuisance.

X-men in Marvel Movieverse.

Will this affect other things like Fox news?

Think they had already worked this out to move X-Men back to Marvel Studios without this deal.

As I recall the Fox News would be split from the rest of the Fox assets and remain it's own entity.

No. They're only getting their film and TV stuff. Sports and news assets aren't included.

Byebye Simpsons!

latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-disney-fox-sports-nets-espn-20171206-story.html

That's good, I may not watch but I'd hate to see it turned into yet another leftist propaganda outlet.

Is this going to have an effect on video games? From what I'm reading it seems like it'll mostly effect movie and sports fans.

If only they'd be so merciful.

If Disney purchases most of Fox, some say it makes sense to split the former in half and take what remains of the latter private.
If Disney buys most of the assets of 21st Century Fox, as it is negotiating to do now, could it be the next major media conglomerate to split in two? The idea is gaining some traction on Wall Street.

In one scenario, Disney could spin off its largest segment, media networks, which accounted for $23.7 billion of the conglomerate’s $55.6 billion in revenue in its most recent fiscal year. Media networks consists of the ABC broadcast network along with cable networks ESPN, Freeform and the various Disney Channels. In a spin-off scenario, Disney’s upcoming streaming services — one for ESPN and another for Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel content — would be part of the spun-out company, as would Disney’s share of Hulu, which could increase to majority status if it’s included in a Fox deal.

In such a scenario, the newly minted media-networks company could attract the sort of attention on Wall Street that digital companies like Netflix, Amazon.com and even Roku enjoy, which would surely thrill investors who have seen their Disney shares rise just 1 percent in 2017. Meanwhile, Netflix shares are up 52 percent, Amazon’s are up 55 percent and Roku’s have more than doubled just in the two months since the streaming-media company went public.

If Fox’s regional sports networks are included, the spin-off would not only be considered a fast-growth streaming company but also an unrivaled sports powerhouse, since ESPN and ABC (not exactly a slacker in sports) would also reside there.

“ABC carries a lot of sports and the ability to effectively jointly bid, broadcast and produce sports seems to offer economies of scale,” says Steven Birenberg of Northlake Capital Management. “I certainly think Disney will get lots of proposals from investment bankers on this idea should they close the Fox deal.”

RBC Capital Markets analyst Steven Cahall asked in a recent report: “With more scale, would Disney sell/spin media?”

He answered his own question by explaining, “Disney could bring Fox assets 20th Century, FX and Nat Geo in to form a mega production company supplying the direct-to-consumer/subscription VOD market.”

If Disney’s media assets were spun out it would leave behind the film studios and theme parks, a company more in line with founder Walt Disney’s earliest vision (Disney’s first film was in 1937 and it opened its first theme park in 1955, while it purchased ABC and ESPN long after Walt’s death).

Disney and Fox have each hired their team of investment bankers and a deal could be inked as early as next week, though some insiders speculate that it will be nearer to Christmas, assuming the two can come to terms on some complicated sticking points.

On the flip side of the Fox-Disney deal is what would be left behind for Rupert Murdoch.

Ever since splitting his empire into 21st Century Fox and News Corp in 2013, investors have been wondering if he would take the latter private since publishing stocks get no respect on Wall Street. Examples abound: Time Inc. sunk for years before Meredith, publisher of Better Homes & Gardens, agreed on Nov. 26 to buy its rival for $1.8 billion, less than it was worth when it was split from Time Warner four years ago; shares of the New York Times Co. trade lower now than they did a decade ago; and in 2013 Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos famously purchased The Washington Post for just $250 million, which was considered a generous price.

And News Corp itself trades lower now than it did three years ago, even though the stock has been rising for the past several weeks as Wall Street mulls Murdoch’s intentions.

Many expect Murdoch to consider recombining the remaining portion of Fox with News Corp then go private with a company consisting of the Fox broadcast network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Sports, The Wall Street Journal, New York Post and Britain’s The Sun and The Times.

Murdoch, a few years before the split of his empire, said he didn't understand why Sumner Redstone had split CBS from Viacom, suggesting he wasn’t really at ease with the idea of splitting up his conglomerate.

Macquarie Capital analyst Amy Yong said that while a Disney acquisition of large parts of Fox would likely come in the form of an all-stock deal, it could yield as much as $60 billion “for the Murdochs to do practically anything with, including taking the company private and/or re-merging with News Corp.”

Jefferies analyst John Janedis told investors that in a Disney-Fox deal, Disney could assume all of Fox’s debt, leaving the remaining Fox in an enviable financial position. “While the company has the capacity to bear about $7 billion of debt, the Murdochs have historically been leverage-averse, and a clean balance sheet leaves the door open for the family to take the company private further down the road,” he said.

Yong assigns a value of around $30 billion to the Fox assets the Murdochs are looking to keep and notes that News Corp’s market cap usually hovers around $9.5 billion, while “net cash gives it an enterprise value of about $8 billion.”

While a publicly traded company has the advantage of having stock that is a liquid asset for shareholders, it also requires compliance with far more regulatory and corporate-governance rules, plus it is held to quarterly earnings and other expectations, which is why in recent years the number of privately held companies has been on the rise. The thought of freeing himself from a myriad of bureaucratic constraints to focus more on running a media empire might be very appealing to 86-year-old Murdoch.

Can someone give me the rundown?

They'll mostly likely sell non-core assets after this

Does Feige really want to be the guy to shut down projects like Deadpool? I mean Spider-Man was whole nother story, and Sony is still devolving separate spinoffs.

I can't really imagine Disney going through all this trouble to buy a big rival and then only to carve itself up after it.

What about Blue Sky? Should they sell that off?

Translation: Disney going to kill both Fox's regional sports networks and ESPN

FBC isn't included either (but the TV studio is)

Lets go Marvel! Where the Marvel squad at!

Fuck yeeeeeAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

2 Infinity and beyond! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Doom is actually going to be done right and is going to be in the MCU what a time to be alive. Disney run the world.
😄👌😍

Also, finally gonna get a good Fantastic Four movie for a change.

Disney is a cancer and needs to die. Fox too but less so.

One. Big. Cinematic universe.

Fox doesn't actually own the rights, but rather some German co

Avatar will suffer the most. James Cameron is such a meticulous filmmaker, Disney would never allow him to spend years and years preparing the Avatar movies. Expect an Avatar cinematic universe with one movie per year, and without James Cameron on charge. It will be worse than nuWars.

X-Men and Fantastic Four rights revert back to Marvel.

That means almost every single character's rights is back within the MCU. The X-Men were a ton of different comics and franchises, and many of Marvel's best villains (Doctor Doom, Galactus, the Skrulls) are tied to the Fantastic Four. This is why they're talking about expanding the galactic stuff, because now they're getting it all back.

This will leave only three characters not 100% theirs, Hulk still has rights with Universal, this is why they wasted the Planet Hulk plot in Thor, specifically to prevent Universal from being able to use it in a standalone movie. Spider-Man and all his associated properties are unfortunately still with Sony, but they've agreed to give Marvel use of the character and some creative control over the films.

Namor and his associated properties are still with Universal and for some reason they've yet to come to a deal to take him back.

Thanks to that we are getting a R-rated big guy Venom movie.

Enjoy having the X-Men franchise being stripped of its identity and turned into a GotG clone, Holla Forums fag.

How is Disney not a target by antitrust groups?

because there's hundred of other media companies?

Oh fuck this guy sounds like Mike's imitation of those "geek" podcasters.

Also, this means FOX, which was the last gentile-owned big media company in the US, will officially be owned by kikes.

Also it's sad how so many people are happy with this fusion because muh cinematic universe. This isn't just about X-Men being sucked into the MCU, it's about dozens of franchises being homogenized into the Disney formula.

STRIPPED OF ITS MOTHERFUCKING IDENTITY

You stupid piece of shit you did not just fucking post that shit. Fuck you. Fox fucked the entire franchise. Every single character was completely ruined, and you're talking about it being stripped of it's identity NOW?

X-Men: A team of mutants created to act as heroes both to curtail negative mutant activity and give their race positive PR by appearing cheerful, bright and colorful
Fox-Men: They all wear black leather BDSM suits and are meant to represent THE GAY COMMUNITY.

Cyclops: Leader of the X-Men who became a badass through years of intense training rather than it being handed to him, the defacto main character and basically the teams Batman.
Fox: Douchey minor character who only ever squabbles and shoots his laser and is killed off without ever taking a prominent role in the series.

Rogue: Busty, vivacious, energetic southern girl who overcompensates for her inability to ever touch another person by being cheerful and showing off her curvy figure
Fox: Flat-chested moody goth who doesn't have Ms. Marvel's powers.

Wolverine: Hirsuite 5'3 manlet body builder with a grizzled old face.
Fox: Tall Australian pretty boy who takes his shirt off all the time for the twinks and tumblrites

EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER, EVERY SINGLE PLOT, EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING FRANCHISE IS RUINED ALREADY. I COULD GIVE A SIMILAR DESCRIPTION OF EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER, EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT. MAGNETO, MYSTIQUE, JUGGERNAUT, STORM, XAVIER, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHARACTER COMPLETELY RUINED AND SHAT ALL OVER. EVERY SINGLE PLOTLINE MANGLED AND WRITTEN OUT OF ORDER.

The movies are a big part of why I dropped the entire fucking franchise.

I'm not really worried about Dinsey getting X-Men, becuase like you said, it was Bryan Singer "Twink Fucker" Extraordinaire already ruined, but it's the fear of everything else Fox owns getting Dinseyfied.

Honestly, I see nothing of value here. Alien and Predator franchises are already in the shitter, all this means is the possibility of a crossover. I hated Avatar, what else is here I should care about? I'm not watching X-Files as a result of that retarded take a knee picture they took, Futurama's cancelled, The Simpson's has been shit for over a decade, I hate the Kingsman films, always hated Ice Age and am kind of surprised it wasn't already a Disney property, what should I be weeping for here exactly? Die Hard? MASH? Home Alone? Dr. Dolittle?

Movie Cyclops sucked, I will give you that. But the outfits in the comics are dumb, movie Wolverine is better in every aspect and goth Rogue is cute. Nobody wants a manlet Wolverine wearing a goofy yellow outfit, except comic book fans.

Also don't pretend Disney is different, look at what they did with Spider Man, Thor, Hulk, etc

Back to Holla Forums

Nah, the prequels are kino. Don't need Disney fucking with them. Predator is getting a new movie, an the last installment wasn't terrible. Seriously, this is what I would expect from Holla Forums, you think the only movies that exist are capeshit. I'm so sick of this shit. I was a Marvel fan before Disney bought it, and I absolutely loathe them now. Disney ruined Marvel if if it's a cash cow.

Are you fucking gay? Movie Wolverine is so toned down he may as well be called Beta Wolverine. You have no idea what you're talking about, holy shit.

I'm sure Disney will make him better by hiring some short numale to star in PG-13 movies.

There were some rumors that his mother was Jewish

I didn't say Disney would do better, but saying movie Wolverine is better than comic Wolverine is about the most absurd thing I've ever heard. They totally pussified him. Seriously, Wolverine was an edgy antihero tweener character who would straight up slaughter people in the comics. As edgy as movie Wolverine gets is taking his shirt off for fanservice.

because the first movie came out when Grant Morrison's "New X-Men" was the main X title. I thought you were a fan.
Either way as a massive cosmic Marvel fan I don't understand how you could possibly think Disney X-men will be any better, they absolutely butchered Guardians of the Galaxy/ Nova , way worse than anything fox did with X-men.

Am I the only one who could take Holla Forums seriously if it wasn't for the irrational autism about jews? Jesus Christ, you're worse than scientologists.

They problably did that to prime the readers for the movies. No one cares about that shit anywyas. The only X-Men comics that matter were made between the 80's and the mid-90's.

No, what's dumb is a group that's meant to be PR going around in BDSM assassin suits. They made them like that because The Matrix and Blade had been successful and also because Singer's a fag.

People spewed the same stupidity you are before Marvel's current crop of films came out, that all ended with Captain America. Fox was even starting to cave, and people were pissed when they teased Wolverine's costume in little more than a deleted scene in The Wolverine. They can look good on the big screen, there are thousands of awesome cosplays out there that prove this. There are better cosplays of Apocalypse than the shit Fox put on screen.

Wrong imbecile, the New X-Men designs were made that way BECAUSE of the films.

Grant Morrison's New X-Men came out in 2001.

The first X-Men film went into production in 1999 and was released in 2000.

The irony is palpable.

Pretty funny. Anyone that couldn't tell that art was trying to emulate the movie is retarded.

Another stupid thing about the Fox movies is they made Jean Grey a hundred years old. You can tell Bryan Singer is gay because the movies are almost devoid of female sex appeal. They tried to add that by fucking up Mystique, but even that went away when they recast her with Jenifer Hamplanet.

How aren't Jews not relevant to this discussion?

So we ARE going to get MCU x men after all

Roger Ailes is gay even though he was famously outted as being a skirt chaser? Really can't trust any propaganda you retards put out. You're worse than leftists at this point.

It's Goy, not gay you fucking idiot

Simpsons did it

The writers knew. I rememeber this one episode where Bart and Homer(I think) were watching some show on the TV set. Then Bart said something along the lines of
I'm just paraphrasing. I'm not sure what the actual quote was.

It's so small, everyone is going to read it as gay anyways. And how fucking autistic would it be to include a term like goy in an infographic meant for consumption by normalfags? Just reasserts what I hate about Holla Forums right now. It's a fucking cult. I honestly just started reading the_donald after Holla Forums talked so much shit about it, I had to check it out because I knew it meant it was inhabited by people who align with my beliefs but aren't autistically obsessed with jews to the point hating jews in their religion. And I was right.

>I'm not watching X-Files as a result of that retarded kneel before president Drumpf xD picture they took
>>>Holla Forums

The new X-Files is really current year. It's pretty cancerous.

Jeffers Morning to you

Isn't it strange how the left is silent when shit like this happens?

t. reddit

This is happening because Fox's Saudi backer got arrested and his assets seized right?

Who honestly knows anymore? I look forward to the Google-Disney-Facebook merger and the new fully corporate government. Why even bother pretending the people is represented in the places of power when they own their very minds?

Well I'm glad you took heed to our advice and fucked off back to reddit. All you need to do now is stay there.

commies have always been the capitalists' best friends, since they are both ruled by jews.

You should've stayed there, jew lover.

On the off-chance you aren't being sarcastic, they took a picture of themselves kneeling in support of the black football players refusing to stand for the national anthem.

This buyout can only be a good thing for the Alien franchise. Ridley Scott has become old and senile and wants to make an Alien movie with no xenomorphs in it that focuses on the exploits of the gay android.

BUMP. Disney buy part of fox for ~52 billion.

They can pay everyone off. Too big to stop at this point.

Good, good, corral all the kikes into death camp Disney…

Great, now they will pump out Alien films annually in the already reddity Aliens style but now with even less tension, more """""""diversity"""""""" and more quips. Maybe even what's his name will get to remake District 9 in the Alien universe. Nobody liked androids or aryan primordial God aliens so now it will only be chest bursting and satirising the military because that's what Alien was all about.

I hate reddit. the_donald is pretty much the only decent board there. They have better information on happenings then Holla Forums now, because the mods have transformed Holla Forums into an insular circle jerk over the past year. This is a statement on how bad Holla Forums is right now.

Ridley Scott is the best thing to happen to the franchise in years. I couldn't give a fuck if xenos are in the next film.

What will happen with Family Guy, Deadpool, Alien etc?

Uh, buddy, the "Alien Universe" already "exists", but Fox has yet to confirm it. Be prepared to see Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, V and Avatar confirmed to be in the same universe as the Predator/Alien series (As well as Blade Runner since Disney will be having closer connections with WB, who also owns a stake in Hulu).
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Weyland-Yutani_Corporation#Trivia

Oh fun, cinematic universes no one wanted and sequels upon sequels planned for 10+ years in the future. Its not like the movies they acquired were still good, but I have no doubt Disney will rape them to their death like Star Wars.

Universal Studios has a Simpsons land at their theme park. I wonder if Disney will go full jew and demand a shitload of money to keep the attraction or Unuversal Studios will have to get rid of it.

Can't wait to see normies defending a PG-13 Deadpool because "b-but he will appear in the MCU!!!", the same normies who 1 year ago were happy that they finally got R-rated capeshit.

Blade Runner was a flop, unless adding it into some universe cost nothing, they wouldn't waste their money.

goodye superhero movies, hello superhero popcorn flicks :(

Emma in Alien

Universal still has Marvel characters at their parks, too. The Marvel-Disney deal allowed those attractions to coexist, though they can't use any post-2009 properties like GotG.

Never…

Yes but they can get an agreement just like they did with Sony over the use of Spider-Man

And she won't have it either on the MCU considering Captain Marvel (as she was renamed) will have a movie

That's phase 4 of the MCU

I CLAPPED, I CLAPPED BECAUSE I RECOGNIZED IT

>>>Holla Forums

wouldn't a soygirl be fat and have you know tits and ass? estrogen mimicker after all

I meant it in a "soyboy's girl" sense

ah sorry my mistake.

>>>/cuckchan/
Never come back.

He wants his "aliens" movie full of mexicans.

This is what Alien fans actually believe.

It already had Mexicans in it.

Neil is a boring director.

Someone said "alien" and Vasquez thought they said "Illegal alien" and signed up.

Did I say I wanted him to make an Alien movie?

I miss him so……