Comcast Blocks archive.org

Net Neutrality is Here

Can anyone confirm? Reports coming from everywhere with claims that the site is now blocked for comcast customers.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.archive.org/category/announcements/
twitter.com/mitpress/status/869925209574440960
blog.archive.org/developers/#comment-360051
mhpbooks.com/jacob-blumenfeld-defends-communism-for-kids/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kikecast does not want the infrastructure costs of pissing off white people. Or, they don't care. Money is no object to kikes. They'll print and spread to as many shitskins required to prevent white consciousness.

Its blocked for me too I'll be damn. There's always Israeli Archive
Archive.is

.is is Iceland, .il is Israel.

This is big though. It's literally just that ONE site. What are they hiding?

Also blocked for me.

yep blocked

Confirmed for not functioning on a comcast connection.

tracert dies on the 3rd hop, which just happens to be the first backbone interconnect in the area. Basically, comcast is blocking it at their edge routers. Very interesting. Those of you with comcast, which part of the country are you in?

Pic related is the states comcast operates in as of 2015, and may have changed since then.

wtf i love 0-day justification for massive local ISP deregulation and competition now

Blocked for me as well. Why this one specific site unless they're in the process of trying to clean something up and don't want folks archiving it at the moment. That assumes that they assume we use .org, though. They can't be that out of the loop.

Confirmed blocked with comcast.

This is another denial-of-business attack. It's a centralized attack whereby an internet carrier destroys itself with censorship.

If they push this, or even if they don't, we need to return to the days of local ISP competition and continually expanding internet speed, throughput AND latency.

nice reminder OP, that there are people stupid enough to use crapcast without a goddamn VPN

It's the Bogdanoff Twins
Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs -In contact with aliens -Possess psychic-like abilities -Control france with an iron but fair fist -Own castles & banks globally -Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line -Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city) -Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth -First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies -both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51 -Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them -They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world -You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now -The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader's first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land? -They learned fluent French in under a week -Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff -The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society -In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they're benevolent beings.

Bump something major is happening

Kickass torrents among other sites was blocked by my ISP some time ago but, good ol' Mullvad fixed that issue

B O G P I L L

969bac is a kike.

We cyberpunk now are we?

Yes, I'm sure the Trump administration and the corporations it fronts for went to the trouble of making sure ISPs could shut down sites that threaten the establishment's narratives and revenue streams only to have their cartel broken up after the fact.

Time to maybe get real.

They control the world embed related

I bet Kikecast blocks 8ch soon

I think they are blocking to swiftly delete anything that goes against the kike. Remember all that Pierce shit that suddenly got nuked? Prepare for more.

blog.archive.org/category/announcements/

Looks like there is some (((fact checking))) going on here.

Also they retweeted this:
twitter.com/mitpress/status/869925209574440960

It's not just comcast fyi. Charter aka Spectrum is doing the same thing. I can access it via vpn but otherwise it's fucked.

Are they owned by the same company?

They are purge all the pro natzee shit. I wanna bet all my money on it.

blog.archive.org/developers/#comment-360051

Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs -In contact with aliens -Possess psychic-like abilities -Control france with an iron but fair fist -Own castles & banks globally -Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line -Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city) -Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth -First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies -both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51 -Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them -They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world -You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now -The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader's first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land? -They learned fluent French in under a week -Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff -The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society -In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they're benevolent beings.

What happened that they are so brazen and bold?

Enough newfags on the internet now that they won't care if muh hate is censored. They're going for it so it's time for child molesters to get arrested.

mhpbooks.com/jacob-blumenfeld-defends-communism-for-kids/

May 31, 2017
Jacob Blumenfeld defends Communism for Kids
by Simon Reichley
Over the weekend, the New York Times ran a moving op-ed from Jacob Blumenfeld, one of the English translators of Bini Adamczak’s Communism for Kids. In it, Blumenfeld defends the book against the wave of hysteria and stupidity that has accompanied its publication. We wrote about the American right’s… how do you say… shrill response to the book back in April, and the coverage has yet to improve. Blumenfeld points to alarmist write-ups at a score of right-wing and mainstream outlets, most of which suggest that the book is a full-throated endorsement of genocide, Satanism, and civilizational collapse, directed at the youngest and most vulnerable among us.

Setting aside the fact that this civilization fucking blows, and that Satan is the lord of this world, to suggest that Communism for Kids is somehow pro-Gulag is patently insane. As Blumenfeld points out, the book is actually a thoughtful and earnest critique of the history of communism, which nonetheless accepts the premise that capitalism depends on, and is designed to maximize, the exploitation of a global working class to further the aggrandizement of a global economic elite.

Furthermore, it’s not really for children. It’s just for people who don’t have the patience for technocratic doublespeak and the vile dispassion of the economic commentariat. As Blumenfeld writes, “the idea behind the book is that one can speak truthfully and poignantly about the political philosophy and economic history of capitalism and communism in much simpler language than that of economists, political scientists and policy experts.” Which seems a fair and democratic notion, regardless of your politics.

If you believe that another world is possible, and that no amount of frantic mudslinging will change that fact, Adamczak’s book—and Blumenfeld’s defense of it—are well worth reading.

Simon Reichley is assistant to the publishers and office manager at Melville House.

Disgusting.

Are you retarded? Archive is still up you dumb mother fucker. It's Comcast blocking the site.

I really think half the anons on this site are bots and Kikes

Confirmed Spectrum is blocking it. Goddamn fucking kikes.

You're one to talk with this samefagging

and this shilling

It's accesible in Europe through Vodafone
Anyway, I think we should start checking out VPNs

Just tried it. It's blocked on comcast, works on vpn. What are they trying to hide? Were there any major happenings posted there recently?

But this has nothing to do with the Trump administration and net neutrality is still on the books.

The ones who defended Trump for signing that shit are morons. There is no chess here. Everyone should tweet Trump he's a fucking idiot for not knowing every single (((ISP))) goddamn hates him despite Trump himself knowing and admitting it was the internet that helped get him elected to begin with.

signing what

The only thing I can think of is the recent re-leak of the Guccifer 2.0 files. Anons are still trying to fully figure out what files are different and in what ways. It was originally posted on a Google docs page but that got taken down pretty much immediately. Them shutting down archive.org to prevent normies trying to make backups/having easy access to the info is the only thing I can think of, assuming the leaks are actually relevant.

What happens when changing nameserver?
Besides botnets 8.8.8.8 and opendns there is dnscrypt on git, look under releases for .exe if needed.

From the description it's not a translation issue.

Net Neutrality is still in effect.

This is just Comcast being retards and/or cunt.

Is it actually being blocked or is it just an error? Anons with Comcast, what does the page say when you try to load it?

Also, is it blocked by DNS or is the ip that they're blocking
archive.org IP is 207.241.224.2
try copy pasting that

Mile High area here (Denver), seeing the same thing on Linux. As soon as the hop hits *.denver.comcast.net on the third hit, it goes to * * * with traceroute and ? with mtr and never makes it to archive.net.

Same results using the IP directly

So, they blacklisted the IP. Niggers.

I wonder why.
Guess its time to start searching and set up mirrors.

Most people use archive.is though? I guess that makes sense since if you sort by creation date, Bogposting started after the george webb thread. Still think he is disinfo, but will re examine. If he's disinfo and the files have changed, that doesn't mean much, does it?

Same as using the IP.

The whole bogposting thing still confuses me. Came out of nowhere and these guys have no existing connections to anyone.

on comcrap but the page loaded.

Send this to Trump under the pretense that ISPs are now blocking sites they deem "wrong think"

FUCK COMCAST

They have a complete monopoly where I live. I pay 65 goddamn dollars a month for 20mbps. Every other service I look at offers up to that speed but it's 80-100 dollars a month.

Hypothetically, I would be very pleased if some brave soul went and did as much physical damage as they could to the Comcast corporate building. Hypothetically of course.

>>>/4pol/

commiefornia fag here, archive.org not working, but archive.is is. Tried to use maplatency.com to do a test but there is something wrong with that site for me, stuck on loading…Searched for "comcast blocking archive.org" and one of the top results is archive.org subreddit.

Load balancer issue at archive.org triggering Comcast to blackhole the route.

mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2017-June/091273.html

So it's technical and not related to blocking/NN.

So they're not trying to shut anything down and it's just that Comcast sucks?

I pay $120 for 10/3..

This seems like it should be considered a utility by now. What can we do to start enabling electric companies to provide broadband?

You can cut the irony with a fucking knife

Holy fucking shit, where do you live?? I live in the far northeast and thought prices couldn't get any worse from Comcast.

Broadband is already widespread. The problem with Comcast, at least where I live, is that they own all of the broadband internet lines that people pay to connect to. So when a third party comes in and wants to establish a new internet service, they are forced to pay to use Comcast's lines, which cranks up prices. The only way we can counter this is refusing to pay for Comcast and petitioning local governments to disband the monopoly on internet lines Comcast has created.

Nothing.
Electrical companies don't have existing infrastructure to utilise.
The cost of market entry is too high, this is why usually these telecomms firms start out by acquiring existing infrastructure older telecomms infrastructure that was made piecemeal or by government order/financing.

Here in the UK our primary provider is BT who inherited all the original publicly built telecomms infrastructure. With a few other companies being given very specific chunks of it.

I have a friend that works in Comcast, I spoke to him about this earlier tonight.

This has nothing to do with net neutrality you fucking shillfaggot OP, Comcast blocked the host because one of the sites that archive shares its IP with was handing out malware until the host can clear up the issue, which will most likely be later today. The site will be brought back up soon, stop being such a fucking retarded reactionary. OP almost makes me think he's a shill.

Rural area in USA are practically all like this, it's nothing; wireless internet (3mbps); cell phone (towers are overloaded); or if you're lucky use wireless point-to-point and pay half of someone's bill (10/3) then QoS to split-traffic (so technically it's 5/1.5 for $60)

Yeah, I suppose to some extent this can be expensive. However, given the electric company owns the poles to every house, then can hang cable in the communications space for free. Little bit of start-up capital and they can at least cover their local area and move out.

Donate that 100B that would've went to the EU for infrastructure would be nice.

Not surprised, and wouldn't be surprised if this was a shill either. There are couple of people that come here every few days to shill for net neutrality. The pattern is always the same. They lie their asses off through the whole thread, ignore any facts presented, offer no arguments, ip hop constantly, and call everyone who disagrees a kike. I basically ignore any thread related to net neutrality now.

This! The outright blocking site has nothing to do with Net Neutrality. Net Neutrality is an amazingly simple concept yet the public have been brilliant confused on the subject from a massive shilling campaign. Somebody somewhere REALLY wants it to happen.

blocking of sites*

they have also horrible cloud service (5 days i spend on support to fix) but with free 500usd on signing, i recommend to use it to tor or other shit.

I have comcast and the website seems to be fine, for a while I was getting a server overloaded error but it seems okay now.

shills came in to use this to spread FUD, can we please stick to facts instead of always jumping to tinfoil conclusions?

I have no problem accessing it via Charter

Have Comcast, can reach it just fine.

That would only work for local connections.
Long distance connections are done via buried fibre optic lines. Hanging cables also limits the materials you can use since fibre optic lines can get damaged fairly easily the only way to utilise them safely is to bury them. Hanging them will just result in cracks and constant replacement.

There have been some local scale successes. A group of farmers in the UK set up a company that deliver fibre optic connections to rural communities so long as locals are prepared to do all the digging and subsequent burying and local farmers/landowners will allow the cables to be buried on their land with written promises of future access if needed. It's worked very well but can't recreate the national level infrastructure.

TRUMPKINS BTFO
CUCKS BTFO
AMERIFATS BTFO
REMINDER
THIS IS WHO YOU VOTED FOR

Most likely preparing for total control
These archive sites would allow the people to show data freely without buying VPNs

Redpilled people perhaps.
Normies don't even know archive.is exists.

If it works with a VPN, why do any of you motherfuckers care? If says in big letters on the banner (or used to) NEVER BAREBACK AN IMAGEBOARD. If you are on here without a VPN, access to that site is going to be least of your issues…

Comcast here as well, page loads just fine.

0/10 not even trying.

You suck at your job, Moishe.

This is a false flag conspired by the jews to make you get involved in Net Neutrality. Do not fall for it. Archive.org has a /20 it is on their end, they are making it seem like ISP's are up to no good and are censoring the web so you can join with net neutrality. Only people like Jack are falling for this garbage.

tested from several hosts on charter spectrum (formerly twc/road runner) using isp provided dns. archive is/org both resolve as expected and are available as of 3:40:13 UTC.

COMCAST IN A NUTSHELL

comcast did nothing wrong here. This is just retards driving to fast in inclement weather conditions

They should have shot that guy.

Archive.org is no longer blocked for me.

IT fag here - I support cloud applications in particular, and deal with this shit on a daily basis. Here's a few tips for you to make sure you have covered all the bases, along with what to do next to get this shit fixed.

1 - Flush your dns cache! To do this (on Windblows spyware)

- Go to your Start menu
- Type in "cmd" and press enter
- Type in "ipconfig/flushdns" and hit enter
- It should tell you that the DNS Resolver Cache has been flushed

2 - REBOOT YOUR MODEM, THEN PC, IN THAT ORDER.

- If step 1 fails, do this

IF THE ABOVE FAILS, GET SCREEN CAPS OF YOUR TRACERT AND COMPLAIN TO YOUR ISP. BADGER THEM. BOMBARD THEM. HARASS THEM.

This is especially important if you do not actually subscribe to Comcast!

People not using comcast also might experience this if they go through a comcast node. We have evidence ITT that the local nodes are blocking it, but if we find people that are getting blocked elsewhere it would mean that the entire comcast network has it blocked. If people using other ISP's are able to get on their ass, they will start harassing comcast over it, and the hand that doesn't know what the other is doing might just fix it. Yes it's a stretch with lazy comcast fucks but it's worth a shot. The more attention we bring to this, the better.

ever consider it's archive.org blocking comcast ?? idiotas

I would rather reduce latency than increase it.

You have to go back.

The tracert provided ITT proves you are a fucking retard

kek

You really think anyone cares that you browse chans? You nutjobs make this place out to be some super secret, ebil den of illegal activities.

Also, archive.org isn't blocked for me atm and I have Comcast.

Cuckcast needs to be thrown into the center of the earth and burned to oblivion

see retards

If archive was blocking it, then the archive IP would not respond. What we have been seeing is the comcast nodes blocking the request, usually at the 3rd node. Go drink a gallon of bleach.

e-poo?

I'm in Michigan on xfinity and nothing has been blocked as of yet.

What state are you in? Or Region, whatever.

I'm not saying Comcast is or isn't responsible for this but just saying it's not blocked for me.

Northern PA.

Learn how traceroute works you stupid shitskin.

It's no longer blocked for me either, but it was last night.

Reporting in from New England.

No new signs of jewery from Comcast.yet.

This, honestly.
I don't really like how the homepage of Holla Forums now refers to it as "The Darkest Reaches of the Internet"
I mean, there's far worse places out there. Maybe it's just there to drive scared normalfags away.

It all depends on where the timeout occurs. If it's all at comcast nodes, then it's definitely comcast. All I need to know is what node times out - that's the part that is damning. And where it comes from would also be helpful.

Up for me on Comcast in Texas.

Freddy basically blew probably his only shot at real growth around the time of gaymur gate.

Now that fatso data mining weirdo owns it now and basically owns HW since he pays his rent and food (assuming HW is still even around, doesn't appear at all and probably hates Jim). Holla Forums will probably never really grow at this rate.

Same for me in Commiefornia. Must be something else.

Eh, whatever. I'll just continue hoping they raise the file limit to 16mb like they said they were gonna a long ass time ago.
It'll probably never happen, but who cares at this point?

no fuck off

I completely missed that, I'm retarded. Still, this info can help the guy harass comcast and get shit fixed, if he's ITT or someone can shoot it to him.

It says that because some media outlet called us that. I forget which.

Ah, that makes sense.

Apparently the "darkest reaches" line comes from Hillary herself.

Net neutrality is still in effect you dipshit.

igottahseewhattodo
DINGALING

m8..

You're a dumbass.

No. You fucking ignorant moron. The darkest reaches of the internet has been a meme long before the Clinton campaign

Yes, but Hillary said "Darkest Reaches of the Internet" and that's when Holla Forums branded itself that way.

the problem is not using a vpn or not, the problem is archiving of sites accessible through comcast is currently impossible
kikes are trying to wash away evidence of kikery all over the place and hope there are no recent archives
if you find interesting stuff, save locally

As usual, probably an overreaction by the techhorny morons here. Backbone router failure or misconfigurations happen all the time, calm down.
Also, fuck archive. They started taking down our content like the Pierce archives last month, they can eat a giant elephant cock.

Hey lad as long as you feel safer I guess it's money well spent.

Archive.org isn't the only way to archive sites.

Comcast has a long history of routing fuckups. There could be 1000 sites broken but only archive.org is known because it's popular.

Also Comcast is the biggest isp in the USA. Home to the most zombie hosts. Archive.org might have a retarded firewall that's auto blocking their subnet.

Cite an instance of this happening outside of the US.

that's some funny shit, but the dude should have called the cops, who should be there anyway considering 10 accidents just happened.

you're the same kind of retard who immediately leapt to the defense of united airlines just so you'd have the illusory satisfaction of being contrary

and if there are no logs in the first place?

can someone explain? i think net neutrality is retarded and unnecessary, but wasnt it specifically designed so IPSs wouldnt be allowed to block/throttle connections?

Comcast only offers Xfinity internet last time I checked.
I can got to archive.org just fine

People did call the cops.. but an ice storm like that response times was hours. 10 accidents out of the 100's of other ones happening at the same time .

THIS

Just go to any support forum like dslreports. Their poo H1B admin's make a few router updates and they brake routes to half internet. Like every week.

They had a company wide DNS outage a few years ago.. it was discovered that they had every single customer in 41 states across the USA using just 2 servers that where both located at the same DC.

NET NEUTRALITY IS SELECTIVE
IT LITERALLY SAYS IT, RIGHT IN THE FIRST 10 OF 400 PAGES, MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES

From my reading so far, no. It was literally written by corporations in such a way as to push through bullshit, likely censorship with their overuse of the word "lawful" and "non-harmful" under the guise of 'muh freedom'.

STILL WAITING FOR ANYONE TO EXPLAIN WHY A LAW NEEDS TO BE 400 PAGES LONG

Because your government exists solely to assfuck you on a daily basis which is the same as every other government

Obongocare was like 20,000+ pages long

United Airlines did nothing wrong. Fly like pleb, be treated like a pleb. If your flying experience does not involve a massage chair, a stewardess on her knees and champagne your doing it wrong. Why even fly then I might ask?

This is exactly why ive been fucking saying after you save an archive download the god damned html

I knew it was kiked up garbage no wonder there was so much kvetching when Trumps fcc guy took steps to limit net neutrality.

There is no way that every single american operated airline all competing for the title of worst pr disaster is happening organically. Unless you are one of those morons that still believes in coincidences. It was all either some marketing ploy possibly (probably) meant to cause people to not fly, and hurt profits, so that when people start boycotting flying in a protest against trump it could be said that "look at how many people arent flying because of trump he is hurting our economy" or.. the airlines stories could just be this quarters flavor of 24 hour media cycle short term memory destruction like all those PURELY COINCIDENTAL stories of people dressed as crazy clowns to scare and/or violently attack random people or 'is the dress gold or black discuss at length you dumb goys'

I was linked here from voat. Even there the place is flooded with faggots who think that net neutrality means "comcast can't block torrents" or "they can't sell netflix a shitty connection/"

There have been many similar shilling campaigns in the media over the past few years, but none have been this successful and far reaching. Virtually no one questions the MSM party line that net neutrality = freedom.

…so its only DNS problem?
how are there still people using comcast DNS? they fucking go down 3 times a month

This has nothing to do with net neutrality you retards.

You mean against? NN was never a problem here until Trump had his word and hired that pajeet to the FCC. now stormweenie shills are convinced it's evil and has to go.

What happened is that the West became a conglomeration of cowardly, jew-fellating sad sacks of shits, and did absolutely DICK whilst these neo-Pharisee cunt-rags set about seizing EVERYTHING.

Now they entirely own all your mammon-worshiping asses, and everything you once possessed and/or controlled. Hence, they can now AFFORD to be brazen.

Congratulation, shitheads. What an embarrassment you all are.

So, Puppies are cyberpunk?

no he's just drunk

bac = blood alcohol content

This is going to happen more and more now that America sucks. Welcome to how things work in India.

Pittsburgh reporting in, confirming blocked

Loads of one and done shitposters in this thread.

yah me too

honestly, even if that is the case they shouldn't be in the business of blocking IPs. Or they should at least have put up a warning page that you can bypass after agreeing that it isn't their fault if you get aids, instead of outright killing all traffic to that IP