So, i finished Fallout and then started new game in Fallout 2, i fucked up my character and then lost my save

So, i finished Fallout and then started new game in Fallout 2, i fucked up my character and then lost my save.
Help me create a new character.

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_weapons
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Algernon
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Ryder_LE_BB_gun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make a throwing guy and chuck spears.

Tag Speech, small guns and energy weapons.
Take fast shot and gifted, raise your intelligence to 8 or 9, str to 6 and agility to 9

speech + small guns + lockpicks is a better idea,
I think

lockpicks is useless to tag because you don't need it high and its largely useless in the first few areas.

Make a brute with the lowest IN and CH

Make a trap with a feminine penis, Charisma 10, One Hander trait, Sex Appeal trait, get all the sex related perks & reputations. Tag Traps, Speech, & Unarmed. Have her seduce everyone to get what you want by using her dominant hand on herself all the time.

Name?

If you go down this path make sure to take a mutant up on an arm wrestling match in one of the towns for a surprise.

UNARMED PLAYTHROUGH WITH MEGA POWER FIST

Points into INT for those tasty skillpoints
Points into AGL for AC
Points into END for HP
Forget putting points into CHA
Leftover points into STR and/or LK

Gifted + One Hander: gifted for the extra character points, one hander because ==POWER FIST==

Skillpoints into:
Doctor
Unarmed
Lockpick

Armwrassle the Mutant in the bar in Broken Hills for the MEGA power fist (Bring Buffout and Jet for him and yourself. Wait for a few hours for the withdrawal of Buffout and Jet to kick in on the mutant, and then take his Power Fist.)

Use lockpick to steal everything you can, sell higher level weapons when you start finding them, equip your best stuff to your followers. Let companions do the long-range fighting. (Sulik is really good with submachine guns, believe it or not.) Hoard small energy cells, because your MPF will use those as ammo. Pick perks that raise your AC and Critical hits, HP too if you feel like it. Remember to hit stronger enemies in the eyes or groin for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO UNLOAD WEAPONS YOU FIND, THEY ARE SOMETIMES FULL OF AMMO

Leave Energy Weapons untagged and raise it as unspecialized skill to 150 at about 21-24th level. Then take the Tag! perk for it which will raise it to 300 in one moment. That's the cheapest way of maxing it out.

Doctor or Science are better than Lockpicks for several reasons.

I never had a problem with crippled limbs in the first fallout games so I never really raised doctor, I would agree that science though is useful.

Nice trolling, but you forgot that this isn't his first playthrough. I bet he knows that giving any of your companions a loaded weapon with full auto mode means that you have a death wish. .22 pistol is the best choice for any companion that is able to use it. Gauss pistol is only marginally better and the ammo for it is quite expensive.

Spoiler: High doctor skill is recommended for solving several quests and for fixing the autodoc at the entrance to Vault City. You will save lots of money on implants that way.

I was being sincere in my post. I don't know about you, but I rarely got killed by my companions using submachine guns. I wanted to at least try it out for myself. When Sulik unloaded a rifle or SMG into a crowd, he tore them up easily. Maybe full-auto against solitary targets ins't so hot, but in a crowded area it can do wonders.

Just have your power armor on, just in case.

I paid for the implants at face value like a retard then. I always assumed first aid was more important than doctor, guess I know better now.

I hate you fucks

I want the homos to leave
Holla Forums is for straight men only

Gifted and Small Frame trait. Agility 10, reduce Charisma to lowest with Gifted that will be down to 2. Luck between 6 or 7, depending on which path you choose to get it boosted. Endurance 5, Perception at 7. Strength depends on whether or not you're going to wear Power Armor or not. Put whatever is left on Endurance.

Initial 3 skills: Doctor, Sneak or Gambling, (no higher than 120% needed for practical stealth, and 121-125% for Gambling to rake in at the slots or roulette tables iirc), and Small Guns or Energy Weapons. You are now a misanthropic gambler or sneaky skellington doctor who doesn't lift much and can shoot your enemies with bang bang or pew pew.

Take gifted & small frame, raise luck to 6, agility to 9, intelligence to 9,, leave strength at 5, and dump the rest either into perception or endurance, depending on whether you want to be ranged or melee. Charisma is literally useless, and even if you put points in it the game will lower it every time you buy an implant.

Tag doctor, speech. a weapon skill of your choice (energy weapons is a waste of fucking time, they're so neutered compared to the first game it's not even funny). You'll be drowning in money by the time you reach vault city, so there's literally no reason to raise barter or gambling, or put any skillpoints into repair/science, since you can raise them with skillbooks.

Just a heads up, fallout 2 is not a good game, nor is it a functioning game.

Only level two implants lower charisma, and it's quite useful to have a large party. Two points loss of charisma for implants is easily countered with taking Magnetic Personality for one more companion that -2 Cha takes away.

Pulse rifle and alien blaster pack quite a punch, so I wouldn't say energy weapons are useless.
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_weapons

There is a limit for skillbooks at which they would add anything worthwhile. When you have over 100 in their skill they become a waste of money. There are several checks for science higher than 100, if my memory serves. one in abandoned military base, another in Enclave, for example

*.223 pistol

*Sierra Army Depot, not abandoned base in the spoiler

The alien blaster has a range of 10, and the pulse rifle is so end-game it's practically irrelevant.

There's no reason to go energy weapons unless you're skipping 99% of the game and going straight to the endgame.

You can also buy a Gatling Laser in San Francisco, which is pretty good for killing anyone not in a metal/power armor.

botched sage

Which is once again, so late in the game it's irrelevant, and made obsolete by the gauss rifle you can steal for free.

Another small thing, but pretty irritating not to know. If a trader has several tables with goodies, don't trade using the button during dialogue, but check each table separately. Each one has a different inventory.

I often go to SanFran early, so it's not an issue if it's endgame or not.

You can tell companions to "Don't mag dump on me bro" in Fallout 2 though. And they won't. Mostly.

Don't bother with the mutant. Acquire a standard power fist, then find this guy:
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Algernon

wow it's like your gay or something. only faggets don't like girls

Good taste OP. Just so you know, Fallout goes completely downhill after 2. Don't bother with any 3d fps games that have the fallout name, they're all shit.

Why did you word that so autistically? why not "Fallout 3,4 and nv are shit"

There could be more in the future, and the 3d fps model is part of the trash that killed these good CRPG's.

New vegas is better than 2.

People might actually fall for this user.

This is from my very unoptimized no companion run. I deeply enjoy two aimed shots a turn with, well, everything. NEVER FORGET TO EYECRIT

2 is a broken, unfinished mess full of shitty 90's pop culture references.

You can mod NV to be good and kill every annoying meme-companion

You can stop now, user.

LMAO @ these hipster faggots

I went with this.
I remember that i could've pickup sawed-off shotgun and ammo somewhere for free, where are these things?

It's like you don't even want guaranteed crits with a 2ap guass pistol

tag small guns, energy weapons and speech. spend skill point when you need them not before.

don't maximize too much they are all useful.

Here OP. Gain a level and bump your Outdoorsman to 100% and then run down to NCR and take Weston's job to gain access to Vault 13. Take the NavCom from the easily picked locker and then go to San Francisco and be done with this pointless shitty joke of a game.

Unfortunately I don't have the sauce on the WebM. Pretty great though, it might be something from the trap board or maybe someone on Tumblr, I dunno.

There are a number of people you can sleep with too through the course of everything. Can't go wrong using your hands with a power fist for a power fap though.

Someone hasn't played with Killap's patch/Restoration Project.

Plus energy weapons are at the very least great in the mid game, and are useful for your companions to possibly have as weapons. Plus small energy cells double for ammo for energy pistols as well as power fists (and fuel for the car you can get). Big Guns, Throwing, Gambling, Barter, and First Aid are the 5 skills you never want to tag. All the other skills have some use or utility, with Energy Weapons it's just that certain kinds of armor you face repel a lot of laser damage (first kind of energy weapon you can get), and also that for a while finding/buying ammo is uncommon, so you want to make sure you hit with your shots to not waste ammo. In the mid-late game however, Energy Weapons are king and have cool death animations on enemies. For some enemies and encounters you will want alternate weapons with more common ammo, and usually the .223 pistol is excellent for that and your companions as well (and by later in the game, you'll have had plenty of time to raise Small Guns).

Tagging Energy Weapons at the start isn't the most useful until you get into the mid game, but it's not a bad skill to have tagged and you could always potentially find a laser pistol in a random encounter/caravan. The Tag! perk is one reason not to tag certain skills early, but there will be a window in the mid game where investing in a skill would end up helping you in tough encounters to hit with aimed shots. Plasma Rifle/Plasma Pistol are great mid game weapons and do damage to basically everything, and the Plasma Rifle can get a nice upgrade.

Big Guns and Throwing are the skills that aren't worth it, if you're so inclined there are a few companions that can use those weapon types in a pinch. Grenades only end up being effective fighting against robots in the end with the best grenade type, and you don't get them in high enough quantity early enough to make the most use of them (and you need a decent Strength stat to get good range on your throws). Guns have more range, more common/affordable ammo, and can use burst fire for area damage. And you can take aimed shots, making critical hits much better for you. Big Guns either revolve around burst fire/area of effect damage or firing explosives with heavy, uncommon, and expensive ammo. So for the mid game, you'd be a one trick pony going for Big Guns and it would be easy to run low on ammo (and you put yourself at risk to take more damage). There's a few late game weapons that would make using the Tag! perk on Big Guns worth it, but Energy Weapons may end up being better served for the overall game and not running through ammo.

The mid game energy weapons are pretty good for a number of encounters, and your companions can use a number of energy weapons too that you won't use anymore. Also Deathclaws seem to have weakness to energy weapon types so dealing with those encounters is made easier by dealing high damage shots.

You seem to care a lot about a game you don't like, and didn't even bother to install the easy to use unofficial fixes.

When I was a kid I always wondered what pure and utter bigotry would feel like. To just absolutely hate somebody for who they are.
People like you answer my childhood question.

1in
10lk
10str
Jinxed
Tag unarmed

Fallout 2 does not have a "mid" or "late" game. Please stop acting as if there's any deep secret to how long it takes for a weapon skill to be useful. You do the paltry number of mandatory things you need to do in the game (very few of which even require combat no matter what type of build you're going with), and then the game just fucking ends.

see

Also grab the GECK of course.

Only faggots like girls with penises.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Ryder_LE_BB_gun

Let me guess, you had to have 6 ST just to haul all your inventory around, right? Perks with extra HP required only 4 EN, so for a firearms-toting characters you could have 2 PE more.

I really want to get sauce on this. user, what have you done?

All you niggers not playing HD.

what are you, raider trash?

Vindicator.

There is never any reason to ever use anything other than that murder-machineā€¦.
Aside form ammo.

10 luck, always 10 luck

Rest into agility so that you can use guns a little bit

You really enjoying that font for ants.

All charisma and endurance, be the bimbo fuckslut of the wasteland.

800x600 is the best resolution for a number of these old games, that way the text and menus and stuff aren't super tiny for ants. The original Homeworld has the same problem if you play on the really high resolutions, the menus and text just don't scale up to fit with the new resolution. 800x600 is better than the normal resolution of 640x480 and the text/interface looks ideal at that size.

Start with unarmed untagged, raise it to 150 manually, the take the tag perk and you'll have 300 unarmed making you a literally unhittable god in combat thanks to HtH Evade

Bonus: If you take Jinxed the enemy will kill themselves attacking you, critically missing, and hitting themselves.

If ammo is the issue, then use Bozar instead.

It's manageable on a 1920x1080 screen.