Pokemon GO could potentially be a financial failure

Anyone here who isn't retarded knows that Pokemon GO is shit from a gameplay perspective.

However, despite the normalfag hype, this could potentially be a business failure as well.

Despite the fears of Holla Forumsacks, this won't be able to make money off of data mining alone. The only data you're going to be able to get from the geolocation related stuff is of some poke-autist running around trying to get more pokemon, balls, etc.

The AR pictures of the environment? Quite frankly, there's too many normalfags and boring NEETs to sift through for the data to be particularly valuable to the NSA. It may get used by law enforcement for niche scenarios like some dumbass playing pokemon go in some ISIS bomb making facilities or for the tracking of some pokeautist school shooter, but nothing more than that. Any serious thought-criminal wouldn't be playing this game anyways, let alone walk around with a smartphone willy nilly.

The AR stuff won't be commercially viable for getting useful pictures of locations because they'll all be centered around publically accessible pokestops for the most part.

While they do have some microtransactions, that's just icing on the cake of autism. There's simply not enough assburgers people to pay for the hordes and hordes of normalfags.

So how will they make money? Enough to cover all the costs associated with the GPS tracking of every active player, maintain records of user info, etc?

By having paid pokestops.

By selling the right to have a pokestops/gyms at say, a Starbucks or a McDonalds. Thus, by attracting people to your shop, they'll be more likely to grab a coffee or a burger after a long day of running around catching pokemon. It's advertising that not only shows off your location to a potentially very large userbase, but also gets them to physically go to where you are.

archive.is/zQPTt
And their update priority confirms this theory.

However, the problem with this business model is that it requires a fuckton of server power to handle ALL the GPS data for every single player. That's a heck of a lot of resources in hardware and bandwidth being chomped up right there. In addition, you'd have to have a INSANELY huge playerbase that is actively involved in the game and doesn't just catch a pokemon once in a while for fun with friends for shits and giggles. Something you play while on a road trip, while waiting for a bus, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/B7yMr
abcnews.go.com/US/armed-robbers-pokemon-app-target-victims-cops/story?id=40474315&cid=abcn_fb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

user, think of all the potential you get from luring children into certain places.

Nintendo could make deals with stores or places to place Pokemon into them so that lots of kids will go there. You could put Pokemon into Disney land for example and make it part of the attractions

Do you even know how much potential there is in making 'events' disguised as paid advertisements where companies pay Nintendo so your kids will want you to eat at McDonalds?

I just want the fucking neighbor kids to get off my grass while I'm outside reading.

However, they already fucked up in multiple ways:

Sure, people can buy additional battery packs, bigger data plans, that pokewatch shit, etc. But they're only going to go that far if the game actually is fun enough for them.

And quite frankly, there's not too much of a reason to give a shit. The only goal in the game is to get the pokemon with the biggest number and sit its ass on a gym. That's it. You can't have your pokemon face up against someone else's, you can't trade pokemon, gyms only have shitty ass AI battles, etc.

While they got a lot of downloads, that's only because its FUCKING POKEMON. Once normalfags get tired of it and the pokeautists eventually realize the full extent of all the wasted potential, Pokemon GO will crash.

It's riding entirely on novelty, but even with that it's only got a 3 star average review on the app store. Niantic can't get their shit together, because they're a google/alphabet subsidiary that doesn't know jack shit about gaming, or even manipulating normalfags.

Every normalfag that decides to stop giving a shit about Pokemon GO because of server issues or a lack of pokestops/gyms is another lost customer, who won't be financially viable without expenditures in advertising.

Pokemon GO simply won't be able to turn a profit, because the sheer volume of players required for their business model to be successful is out of reach due to fundamental design issues with the game that they have fucked up and can't fix fast enough to maintain high volume userbase growth.

A little kid isn't going to be able to run around an area for too long. Battery capacity is an issue, not to mention the hard limits imposed by a data plan.

In addition, this has to be absolutely huge in order for companies to give a shit and have promotions. Like, as in make Angry Birds look like chump change huge. Only a small portion of the userbase within a specific location will be marketable per McDonalds or whatever.

Look around facebook and stuff, there's already a huge hype around this game even though it's ultimately lackluster.

Most modern phones can stay on for an entire day or more

Pokemon Go isn't that taxing on the data. Most data plans should be fine for this.
Not sure about phone contracts and data plans in the USA, but here in germany most kids have 2GB on average available every month, and even if these are used up the child will be offered to buy new highspeed data via text message. And even if that is blocked for some reason or if the parents forbid it, which is not common or the kids dont care in the first place, then an internet connection will still be possible. However it will be very slow, and I'm not sure if the slow connection would be good enough for Pokemon Go. I'd have to try it out myself.

With an app as taxing as GO constantly going? Bullshit

Who said anything about running around?

"We are proud to announce to you that we will be having a Pokemon Go event at this place. Simply purchase one fucking meal and catch this pokemon"

Really depends on the kind of phone, different types have different battery lenght. But you have to realize that most of the time the game will be running in the background and that phones made huge jumps in terms of performance in recent years. If you don't have a phone that's already a couple of years old then you will easily last through an entire day

This game is going to be a fag in two weeks from now.
Nobody is going to be playing it for very long.
Take Miitomo for example - it was huge with normalfags for like 3 weeks, and now you never hear about it, or see anything related to it.

Woops, I mean fad.

Then how do you explain the success of other mobile games that are entirely dependent on micro-transactions? We're not in Holla Forums right now, so you should at least provide some sort of evidence to support this speculation.

Yes, the servers are extremely unstable right now. What does this prove?

Yes, Pokestops and gyms are certainly lacking in content. They're more comparable to chores. Again, what does this prove?

Yes, having a leaderboard is totally bad. Shame on them.

What does ANY of this have to do with your argument?

That's because of all the server issues. Have you read a single review that someone wrote about it?

And now you're suddenly an expert on money.

Look, to prove your whole fucking argument wrong: they designed the game to be entirely P2W. They don't make it look like that, but it is. Getting things like lucky eggs, lures, and incense are incredibly difficult. You have to have a constant hold of dozens of gyms just to be able to buy a single lure.

Because of that reason, people will pay a dollar to get a lure or a lucky egg when they need one. Again, I point to all the successful mobile games that were dependent on micro-transactions.

And yes, my phone is capable of running the app for 12 hours straight. I've done it already.

Thanks for starting a new dubs thread OP.

The mobile market is huge
Much like PS4, mobile practically never gets any decent games
Well-known company makes a game for mobile
You know damn well they're going to buy it

it's a fag now

I just tried the game and it wanted me to go into one of my neighbour's house so I could find a Pokemon.

I mean, it KNOWS where the houses are. It shows them as little blue boxes. Does it think life is like a JRPG where you can just walk in and talk to people you've never met?

Also I didn't find any pokemon on my little walk but I did find one real cat and one real deer.

It's not like you even cared to talk to all the NPCs whose house you simply rummaged in in those Pokemon games. :^)

Those games don't require as much server resources to maintain. Normalfags can simply download the game, maybe buy a dlc or whatever, and the publisher makes money. This game costs more to keep running.

In addition, if you live in a city, there's p much no need to go buy shit because of the pokestop and pokemon density.

If you live in a rural area, there's no reason to play in the first place.

My argument is that the game isn't just designed to be P2W, they're also going to tack on additional marketing shit. In addition, I argue that its going to fucking fail in the long run, because they're not addressing the core issues with their updates that enable the additional marketing bullshit.

At least they are finally getting some exercise.

I don't think Nintendo realizes what they've unleashed.

imagine the sheer flood of autism if they actually made it a good game

IT'S A FUCKING BOTNET!
>>>Holla Forums625429

the fuck are you using?
Most smartphones die within 4 to 5 hours of constant use.

Nah.

sounds about right, but I dunno how useful it'll be to the NSA though

The Oukitel K10000 has a six day constant use battery life.

even though most operating systems are implemented to spy on you for a better "service", now with windows 10 being designed to spy from the ground up rather an afterthought, with all that data it ends up being overlooked and most of the times rarely used
but still inexcusable either way

"potentially"

Well yeah, if you put it that way, anything has potential.

However let me just put on my beard and kippah and explain to you how a Jew would monetize this shitfest.

Most of these things are broad enough that you can either create multiple sources of ad revenue based off the same idea and anything that involves merchandising and sponsorship increases the popularity of their brand as well as their employers and increases the employers dependency on their marketing and metadata.

The only issue is maintaining that ridiculously high user count, and I can tell you, that wont be an issue provided they do at least some of what I listed above.

The real question is "why" is this financially viable for Nintendo and the answer is simple.

It's really fucking popular.

Even though nintendo itself can be considered a niche within a niche, it's merchandise is fucking EVERYWHERE.

These niggers at Nintendo realise Pokemon is a meme that has managed to worm its way into the global subconcious and tie itself so personally with its fanbase that it has become an identifiable trait in someones psychological profile.

Through merchandise, advertising, entertainment they not only CONVINCED the kids that they wanted the product but they also convinced the parents of the kids that they wanted the product and they did this through multiple breaks in PHYSICAL merchandise.

Not games.

Real tangible merch.

Pokemon Backpacks, shirts, keychains, shoes, toys, lunchboxes, and the fucking trading cards.

Pokemon is essentially everything Disney wish it was atm, since while Disney is a slowly dying meme, Pokemon has only just entered its pubescence.

Its why a multinational empire offered to buy the damn thing and fucking nintendo refused.

It's latest "mobile game" is not a product of itself.

Everywhere around the world pokemon has created sleeper agents, who have silently spread and cohorted among themselves and created an almost inseparable bond to this brand.

This game is a catalyst, a switch, a trigger.

And on it's use all of its agents will spread word of Pokemons Immense Glory, of its immutable name, inexorable fame, inscrutable honor, insurmountable nature.

These zombies will consume all the material they provide regardless of quality.

These naive fools will commit themselves with unblinking devotion to their pursuits, to be "the very best" and take Ash's unflinching persona to a disturbing new height as they sacrifice themselves limb for limb for a taste of the fresh hell theeir masters created.

They will do all these things to the very end all from the word "GO."

Nigger, do you have any fucking idea what Google is?

I can't even get into the app because of the fucking server issues. I'm predicting this will go the way of Miitomo, seeing as it's feature deficient.

Casuals and greedy Jews always ruin video games.
Not only does this game include a botnet and micro-transactions, but somehow they managed to dumb down one of the most basic battling systems in video games to expand the audience to toddlers and the elderly as well.
Really great concept though, I guess.

The thought of that is absolutely fucking horrifying.

How? WHY? Sure normalfags like going out with friends and shit, but even they'll tire of it eventually right? Servers are spotty, gyms don't even work.

I still have hope, that even though it'll have a shit ton of players, it'll suffer the same downfall as a triple A: the sheer volume of all the players required to make it profitable would be greater than the still large amount of players the game would need.

Things can't possibly go so wrong?

Well…yes.

Consider the following:

1.) "Pokemon GO" has managed to become the first mobile Augmented Reality Game with MASS appeal.

2.) Pokemon is a property owned by the undisputed LEADER of the mobile gaming market.

3.) Console gaming markets are reaching a near 10 year low

3.)Pokemon and its parent company Nintendo, has a completely clean and untarnished image amongst the populace and is seen as "childish" at worst.

4.) An entire generation of people have been conditioned to have a positive disposition toward Nintendo and all their products, especially Pokemon but have lacked the will or ability to play their main product in recent years.

5.) This is the first easily accessible free to play Pokemon game that stays "true" to the formula.

Last time I saw a walled garden this massive open the fucking gates was when the damn bible got translated and we ALL know what the fuck happened then.

Exaggerations aside here's the Projected forecast:

Best case scenario for Nintendo:

Worst Case Scenario

Tbh Their most likely course of action is to try and claim New Media, which is something VERY FEW companies but Nintendo can do with great success, something Disney can't even acclaim to.

That and unlike the other massive media mogul they're quite adaptable, not ancient, and everything they create still has a brand identity. Lots of the shit bigger media companies are trying to pull are impossible to put together cause they all seem so disconnected but Nintendo is VERY distinct.

TL;DR Nintendo has the mobile market cornered atm. Console gaming is dying. They're highly adaptable and are very well known. They're also very good with PR and worst of all they know it. Barring Thermonuclear War, Nintendo Domination Soon™

ITT: 400 pound sacks of autism that can't go outside OR afford the (incredibly cheap) hardware and data access required for Pokemon Exercise Incentive and are mad about it. Enjoy dying of heart attacks prior to 30.

Unless your neighbor's house is fucking huge, you should be able to get it from outside. You can catch it as soon as the pokemon appears on your map, and the radius for that is pretty big.

I can't wait for stories about Poke-autists walking into people's yards to catch pokemon, and the neighbors freaking out about it happening every other day because a fucking Jigglypuff happens to be in their front yard next to their window.
I hope Ninty thought this shit through. I actually want them to succeed as a company…

I was tired of Ingress after two years. Not even going to touch this autist-bait.

You Pokemon-GOyim are fucking hilarious sometimes.

I don't even understand the appeal of this shit. Then again I never understood the appeal of mobile 'games' to begin with. I mean can you even fucking battle? And if so, are battles anything more than 'Press Attack to win/lose'?What's the point of a game where all you do is catch Pokemon but can't really do anything with them?

I must be getting too old for this shit.

keks

Only at gyms and that's only after you autismgrind to level 5 by catching a gorillion pidgeys.

There's a minor amount of strategy in timing your dodges, and timing your attacks, but it's barebones at best. Not at all comparable to even the most simple pokemon clones.

Best I can tell is that there's a sort of adventurous feeling to wandering around waiting for pokemon to randomly appear. All my friends who are playing seem to really enjoy the whole experience of wandering off down the street while staring at their phone.

I played for about an hour yesterday and I'm not sure I ever want to do it again. It's tedious and the spotty nature of the servers and the absolute need for flawless GPS and internet connection at all times makes it non-functional in most situations.

Sometimes you can ping a pokemon from across the street. Sometimes you can be standing on top of the little rustling grass and nothing will happen.

Honestly, the features they have right now are the barest of bones for a much bigger game. It's like a tech demo. A proof of concept that they can arrange a GPS-reliant game where you walk around in the world and encounter pokemon… But there's nothing else to it.

user, literally how could the app function without internet and GPS? It needs internet to stream in the map data, and GPS to move you on the map.

Someone screenshot this. I'm on my phone and I can't.

Can't wait to see people become fucking zombies as they wander about with their eyes glued to their phone, hunting Pokemon.

If this is what the game is then I have extreme disdain for normalfags.

I'm supposed to care about a phone game why?
Poketards pls go

It only runs in the foreground.

no wonder it works for 12 hours, it's a tablet.

>"I was just pretending to be retarded"

I'm confused why people here care about phone games.

Some aren't trash, but people care about phone games because they are the only thing people can do to keep their jobs from driving them absolutely insane.

Why does any company want mundane information? They sell info to other companies, and they use it for whatever. The only use I can think of is where these autists go, and the more traveled locations get advertising places there. But maybe I am not thinking far enough, this kind of information is sold in the millions, so whatever they are using for is apparently very important for companies to continue wanting information.

The game has and will continue to be heavily shilled for the next few weeks, either by marketers or braindead mobile freemium retards riding the hype train.

Its hivemind at best.

Why do you care if they care? Let their phones get taken over by SKYNET and enjoy the fact that yours hasn't.

This could be it. Though I just shitpost or watch movies/anime if I have downtime.

Is that supposed to be good?
My old shit phone stays on for a week and it used to be longer than that.

I heard from somebody that this guy had to tell about 30 kids to go away because they wanted to go into his basement. Which makes me wonder, how do they choose gym locations, pokestops, and everything else?

Surprised that this is being considered as a commercial failure.

A fuckton of my friends are playing it, even if I have barely touched it myself.

Can you even battle in this game? What's the fucking point of catching em

Does anyone think anyone would have heard of this if it wasn't POKEMANS?

You can battle in gyms, if I'm reading this right.

People did play and still play Ingress.

It's just a shitty mobile game.

I did play Ingress, but even that community is fucking faggots, which is pretty much half the appeal. Explains why I stopped giving a shit about it like a year and a half ago.
I fail to see how this garbage is going to be any different.

Well I didn't say it was going to be different.

what isn't a fear?

I'm surprised more people don't find it hilarious that the game penalizes you for riding a bike. The speed limit on actions (especially egg hatching) is so ungodly low that you aren't even allowed much more than a brisk jog before it cuts you off.

A pokemon game where you aren't allowed to use a bike.

1. advertising deals. businesses are already taking sides with one of the three teams and giving discounts if you're a member of Team X. wait until Nintendo starts making deals with chains.

2. you seem to think only obsessive autists buy into freemium shit, but normalfags ARE the ones stupid enough to pay for pokecoins. Normalfags don't value money. They're constantly broke, living paycheck to paycheck, because they think "eh it's only $1" fifty times a day and don't realize it adds up. An autist is actually more likely to think "If I DON'T spend a dollar on pokecoins, it's another dollar I can spend on vidya/figs/manga/whatever. I could just walk an extra mile and hit up that cluster of pokestops again instead." I personally know normalfags who have spent over $10 already because they want to control the local gyms, and the people they're in heated battle with have probably spent money also. Meanwhile the actual spergy pokemon fans I know haven't spent a dime and entertain themselves by exploring innawoods to see if they can find anything unusual.

Hint: They can't, because this game is only playable in cities. Pokemon don't appear in the wilderness.

Pokemon Go is just a shitty mobile game that attracted normalfags and retards that can only name the Pokemon everybody fucking knows, like Pikachu, the Kanto starters, etc. They've only played the Gen 1 games as a kid, and they're pretty much the secondaries of Pokemon.

Pay no mind to them, this shit is your typical microtransaction-filled mobile game, Nintendo and Niantic will soon get in trouble because some autist wanted to be like Ash Ketchum in the shitty anime and wandered into private property.

Exactly. The people who are playing this are casuals who only play mobile games and AAA shit. Pokemon is considered "nerdy" so they'll fucking play the shitty casualized version of it to show how fucking nerdy they are.

Pokestops and gyms only appear in cities because they're based on IRL landmarks, but pokemon appear everywhere. The type of pokemon you encounter changes with your own level. When you're low level, you only find weak shit like pidgeys and rattatas no matter where you go.

I''m still waiting on real articles to come out where people got injured over trying to catch a pokemon with this app.

Pokemon appearance is also based on cell phone usage, just like Ingress's XM system. Pokemon appear more frequently in dense urban areas with more cell usage.

You're right, though, there are ALSO few pokestops and gyms.

That whomever told you that is a liar. The game doesn't base things on elevation, and even if it did, you get a pretty wide radius. From my own house I can catch a pokemon that are across the street

Who knew so many people would be so assblasted they can't afford a smartphone and get stuck with a shitty early 2000's flip phone?

Am I really the only one that still hasn't been able to play this shit even once? The game just closes when I try to sign in or even in the initial loading screen.

wow this turned into a long post

Their previous AR game ingress allowed people to put in requests for marking these locations, but obviously it was a different AR world so it had different connotations to their purpose.
It's mostly landmarks, museums, libraries, park signs, workout stations in parks, and from what I've seen the only business marked are local privately owned businesses.
Imo it's pretty neat that it actually gets people to go outside, walk around, and visit locations that they otherwise wouldn't visit.

That sounds made up… as the "pinging" type of effect for being able to access those things is rather large.

Depends on which community picked it up first.
Ingress apparently was pretty popular, and is still popular enough to organize large events for people to meet up.

The concept of AR games is interesting, and could lead to some pretty cool games in the future; especially so with interest in this starting to spread like a virus.
That's about the only upside of this, but for me to really get dedicated it'd require some hardline dedication to user privacy (geocaching), and not selling my information.

In all honesty it's probably not going to be different.

Pretty much, there's also no challenge to overcome if one purchases that P2W shit.

This was my thought too, but in a different fashion.
As they could (but wont) eliminate shit like P2W if they start doing deals with businesses and paying for having their area be safari zones/daily lures for pokestops at a certain time… but nope not going to happen; they're going to milk the normalfags for every penny.

Yeah, the whole scaling is bs imo

You forgot churches, just about every church is tagged as a pokestop.

I actually miss T9 input from my flip phone, also the Android 2.3 version of Swype functioned miles ahead of this garbage on 4.4, plus stock 2.0 music player actually randomized your song list instead of this garbage choosing a block of songs and randomizing that one small list each time, not to mention newer Androids actually need the music file in your ringtone folder to register it as a ringtone. I'm actually assblasted at the Windowsification of smartphones.

this stupid "game" is just a way to get autists to do recon and 3d mapping and let them pay for the privilege

Delete app data, reset device, make sure you're connected to wifi (just for initial troubleshooting, after this you should be fine), and make sure it's supported in your country (canada is not supported f.e.).
It's only really good for when you're out doing errands, downtime at work, or for me walking my dog.
Though partly the reason I've walked around 9km the past three days is because of this, and my dog is loving the longer walks.

Oh yeah, quite right.

If they wanted comprehensive mapping they'd put gyms and pokestops in the middle of nowhere, not just dense population centers we already have mapped to the millimeter. the fucking app shows the individual lanes in my local mall parking lot. It's mapped already.

Can you even meet other trainers (other people playing the game) on the map and challenge them to a fight? Outside of a gym, that is.

Pretty sure you're supposed to use common sense.

Here's another weird thing I noticed, all of these are tagged as pokestops as well

And it's specifically these decorative ones, not the ones that are painted a single colour

played this shit for a few days:
.getting to level 5 is a grind
how the fuck am i supposed to be able to beat the gym leaders if there's no reasonable way to level up your pokemon? this is a game that goes against all the rules its predecessors set in place.

possibly the most boring waste of time ive ever spent on any video game

I'd rather not get shanked by a nig.

Wow, I guess most of you are missing the social aspect of this game. Last night my friends and I went out to a local park where there is 8 poke-stops within 5 minutes walking distance of each other and also a gym. This was at 1am when got there was like 4 other people there before. By 3am there was 20 people there socializing and battling for the gym. I can only imagine what it is like now since it's the day time. The point is we had a blast we just talked, met new people were constantly catching pokemon because everyone was setting up lures all along the paths. Then we took over the gym and ran that shit.

Stop being pretentious hipsters and go out and have fun with friends. The game alone isn't fun if your doing it by yourself but if you and a bunch of friends wanna take over local gyms and be like the top dog in your area then its fun as hell. We talked a bunch of shit to a bunch of yellowfags and even got this other red group to collaborate with us to take them down. They just need to add more PvP to the game and it's going to fly but I don't think Nintendo knew it was gonna be this popular as they didn't put their all into.

Simply put the game is fun at its base if your competitive and social but will need some better mechanics if it is going to keep this momentum and not fall off. But this could be a legendary game if they put effort into this.

Okay anons, give me ideas

I spotted the normalfag

No, unfortunately… thou that's a recipe for disaster.
It'd have to be anonymous to prevent irl disputes.
tfw you just want pokemon red style play but while walking around outside

Oh nice, that's pretty neat.
I also found some murals, and street art that I never knew was around due to them being pokestops.

It doesn't show other players on the map and there is no battle system.
The only battling is challenging an established gym leader, and it's real time bullshit where you swipe left and right to dodge and tap the enemy to attack. Type advantages matter, but there's no other strategy.

You'll likely see other players if you're out though, because it'll be the retard in fingerless gloves staring at his phone as he walks. Or a group of a dozen college students all holding phones. Or a creepy old dude driving around slowly, parking in random locations, and never exiting his car.

You could have fun swimming in a sewer with a friend, it means nothing. Fuck off normalfag.

Nobody is gonna stop in front of your house because you can literally drive-by pokestops and still get the full benefit of them. As long as you swipe the picture the moment you're in range, you could be going 40mph and still get the items.

also don't forget you build up the special meter, and you can hold the attack to use your special.

Stand by your window jerking off with a scary wolf mask on

It's not that hard to make friends if your not a complete autistic

WHAT A SCOOP, I GOTTA CALL SLOWTAKU!

ok

literally any game is fun with friends, no matter how good it is

it's pretty fucking simple how to make it good, just add a real battle system
battle pokemon in the wild to catch them like you do in the real games
visit pokecenters to heal your party like you do in the real games
battle other trainers like you do in the real games
trade pokemon like you do in the real games
pokemon evolve like you do in the real games
and most of all, make sure ganking is kept to a minimum

is any of this going to happen? no, because money is more important than fun. if anything, they'll just make it more grindy and pay-to-win than it already is.

What's there from stopping me to go to a pokemon hotspot and rape children that come there?

if they were in the middle of nowhere no one would play it

think more interiors and places where only a human with a camera could get - not an aerial photo or google maps car

If you collect enough information you can know what people are going to do before they even know.

Free will is a lie

But there's no GPS indoors, and phone signal triangulation gets fucked up by the metal structure of buildings.

It's illegal to rape children

It's a fuckin sad state m8
They had a great template to making a quality AR pokemon game, and it's as simple as "STICK TO THE FUCKING TRIED AND TRUE FORMULA".
But nope… they had to casualize it.

Dude got fired from his job while playing Pokemon GO. Guy worked for Uber, which is a sort of voluntary cab driving service. While driving, he was also streaming Pokemon GO on YouTube, and some of the people in the chat took the liberty to report him for alleged poor and dangerous driving. Embed related, dude's crying about it on his stream now.

Lesson: Pokemon GO is a shitty idea, but the YouTube audience is ruthless

Are you a fucking moron? In what sense has dota every been normalfag? and even if that was the case spending over 3,000 hours in it isn't normalfag shit anyway. Admit it your points suck just like you do.

As for some actual points brings up. Pokecenters won't happen its fucking stupid when you can just sell revives and sparys. Besides imagine all the people packing one area to heal their pokemon if they fuck up a battle it isn't logical. And it really isn't pay to win as it is I guess you haven't really figured out how to get stronger pokemon yet have you? Maybe if you talked to people you'd be able to get some tips. My friend started yesterday and was level 14 by the time were at the park and had a pokemon at like 1400 CP he only put in a few hours. If you got to a public location or a city you can get up there without having to buy a single thing. I mean maybe you should buy a few lucky eggs but other then that your good. You act like the game asking for some money is horrible you fucking communist nigger. You really don't need half the shit.

I honestly would not be surprised if the government had to intervene due to all the shit this stupid fucking game is causing. People are already dying, major traffic incidents are occurring, thieve are already exploiting, and I'm sure child abductions will be on the rise.

kek

No game ever has had economically demanding server needs. Ever. Not even fucking WoW in its primetime was it that costly to maintain those servers. Stop pulling costs numbers from server rentals for generic FPS #12318732712.

pokemon go is a good game ;^)

Haha so let me ask you this. If your not a normalfagfag and your not a pokefag autistic what the fuck are you? What do you consider yourself?

If you don't live in a city you're practically fucked and need to buy shit incenses and pokeballs.

but it's not, have u read my posts?

huehuehue

You should kill yourself either way.

The real concern for me about Pokemon Go is that it'll die off quickly. Look how Miitomo was a huge fad. It was big for a while, made some money, and then disappeared.

Nintendo has usually made games that lasted for decades. People still love their old NES games, they're timeless.

But the new mobile push? It's the pinnacle of shovel-ware. It makes Wii's shove-ware problem look like nothing. With Nintendo heading more toward a business direction with a new CEO, I wouldn't be surprised if they saw these things as appealing.

Selling preference to specific locations is actually a good idea, I could see it making a lot of money. It's something that'd work nationally. Imagine McDonald's does some cross promotion with pokemon happy meal toys, and they have special pokemon go pokemon at the same time. That'd be a nationwide, or even worldwide event that would make a shit ton of money for McD's and Nintendo.

But if it dies out like Miitomo did in 3 months, then it's all useless.

I don't live in a city and I'm not fucked. You just gotta find a memorial park and your golden.

You sure are a winner aren't you.

What's the appeal on collecting pokemons? For the sake of it?

Combat is shit, and there's not much else to it. How long until it gets old?

Never Ever

Here's your (you)

Who would have guessed?

Theres so many people going down the street from me trying to catch pokemon in this park by the river

Its the typical Social outcast group you'd find at anime club the fat kid with a meme shirt
some girl with dyed hair and the obligatory Gay guy with piercings.

? Was that supposed to mean something

CIVIL WAR NOW

Only you don't buy Go, it's F2P with microtransactions that only an autist would pay for.

Thats not true. I live in a rural town and there's pokestops all over. You have to go a little further for each one, but it's not unplayable. theres literally two next to each other right when i go out the front door of my work though :^)

The only problem i've run into is the density of pokemon IS very low. It doesnt bother me too much as walking around where I live is not like walking in a shitty city, but I'm still only level 4.

Ya I had a bit of that but it wasn't the majority.

There's a cunt with a sidemullet who works at my place of employment, who has been playing this shit constantly, WHILE WORKING, or just instead of working. She actually had the gall to ask me to help her do something, and then when I was helping, she stopped doing her part and whipped out her phone to look for pokemon.

IT DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING WORK INDOORS. The only way she'd find a pokemon while working inside the building is pure luck, like one just happens to spawn on her assumed location. I can't wait for her to get fired over it.

Honestly speaking, they could make it instantly good if you had the option of dumping your Pokémon into the pokebank and so downloading them in any Pokémon game.

I don't see it dying off anytime soon though.
It has all the depth of a shitty Mobage but with all the massive amounts of brand recognition.

OP forgot about all the black people it'll get killed.

t. Kotaku

Neat

You guys are lucky, I've only found one pokestop all the way downtown. This area also has tons of blacks and I don't trust walking around with their amazing driving skills.

Just a passing through Holla Forumsirgin. Please remember that.

winking face emoticon

No, that would end up shit because I will bet my copy of Snatcher that they don't code Go-Mons with IV's, Natures, Abilities, or Egg Moves, making them fucking useless unless you want a randomized mon which is worthless unless it has a chance for the HA.

Go should stay the hell away from the real Pokemon games.

"HE WUZ A GUD BOI WHO DINDU NUFFIN! HE WUZ A GUD BOI WHO WUZ JUST GETTIN HIS LEGENDARY! HE WAS ON DA WAY TO DA POKEMON LEAGUE! WE WUZ TRAINERS!"

thats the problem. Everyone here is either a stoned out of their mind hippie or an old cowboy.

I don't blame you man that sucks but I'd be more afraid of getting robbed that has already happened in Philly.

So no merit to anything gotcha.

It can get generated automatically when the data of it is wiped from your phone and inserted in the bank, all it needs is a script.
And you know better than me they could make Pokemon's with Go(TM) exclusive abilities , carried items, and even event Pokemon's.

I don't think legendaries are in the game yet, normalfag friends were talking about how it only has 130 pokemon or something.

And then we'd be forced to play go for mons.

FUCK THAT SHIT

And again: like I said, if it's randomized it's trash. Why the fuck would you want to catch random mons in a shit AR game when you can catch real mons in a real Pokemon game? Are you a normalfag son?

I can catch the first pokemon but after that there are no pokemons in the whole country.

I'm saying that I'm basically an outsider and this is how I see it: the user with hours of ASSFAGGOTS is trying to call other people autists and that's hilarious. And now is trying to pull a "well what have you done, if you're so great" because they can't deny what they set themselves up to look like.

No, john. You are the autism.

You gotta admit it sounds like something they would do tough :^)

Well you're not wrong about that, they have done shit like that before. Still until they announce being able to transfer mons to pokebank I'm not gonna worry about it.

Well I was trying to say I'm an outsider like you and I find the game fun and that your just cynical and jaded. It's not as horrible as you make it out to be just because its popular.

Grab a gun and shoot yourself?

It's esports. They're pretty awful all around.

I can actually sort of get that, at least at first. That's 700+ pokemon to place and it seems that at least basic things like area affect what shows up where. In order to have that many pokemon out there we'd need sophisticated trading systems…and basically make it as clsoe to the real games as possible.

Which is about what it's going to take to make it worth playing, honestly.

I think your projecting there buddy. You wanna talk about this? Suicide isn't really the way.

Why?

Pokemon GO made me realize that genwunners weren't the problem, but actually, the faggots that go apeshit about genwunners.

You are the cancer user.

Wouldn't wanna miss out on catching my keys

We're talking about Pokemon. Remember?

Because you are an autistic faggot.

They gather normalfags, which create waves of casualization as developers try to develop around this larger demographic, which lowers the bar for what is acceptable since normalfags will eat whatever shit is put on the plate, which attracts more normalfags to start the cycle all over again.

It's cancer that kills vidya.

i think you mean intentionally left out because they're garbage.

There needs to be a name for this because it's been everywhere for the past few years.

So I'm about to go out and catch some pokémon.

There was a hitmonlee at the library yesterday, I could have pulled over to get him but it was really hot outside and I didn't feel like chasing him down.

Haha holy shit you argue like a child. What it like to be child like?

Maybe for some games and honestly pokemon go could go down that path which is why I'm not buying anything yet but there are tons of "e-sports" that don't go down that path. The mobile gaming market though is more known for being causal actually everything has been causal thus far. However I'm hoping Pokemon go will go for more PvP shit which is less causal most of the time. But "e-sports" aren't awful just can be annoying.

Indeed

surprised nintendo didn't issue the ding dong DMCA yet

Nigger the past gens had some really fucking great Pokemon, Crobat, Flygon, Ampharos, Dunsparce, Misdreavus, Drapion, Lilligant, and Goodra are all great. I'll fucking fight you.

It's been around for at least 6 years. They've perfected how to not get sued.

that's me

I hard-modded my phone to look like a fucking brick because of the battery, the damn thing won't fit in a pocket. But now it can go without charging for week straight even if you run something 24/7.

This is just great.

Not sure if you meant this

archive.is/B7yMr

Kill yourselves

How? They're dirt cheap and being able to at least check if a bus is running late is really useful. Also, if you're worried about big brother, there's guides to freeing your phone from the majority if not all of it.

Also if you have a decent enough smartphone you can cheat your way into a cheap pair of vr goggles.

What the fuck does "Pokemon GO" even mean? You have Fate/Grand Order that people call F/GO, but there it stands for something. Is this Pokemon Grand Order? Or does the "GO" stand for "GO fuck yourself for still playing with Pokemon as an adult man"?

Try to stop me :^)

Probably stands for "Go Outside!"

It means 'Go' as in 'Go fuck yourself, play our cash grab'

It's embarrassing to be on the same website as you retarded normalfags. Just get a flip-phone for literally the cost of a large fry and keep that shit for four years. Durability is what matters in a product.

Are you implying Nintendo cares about its customers? Because I suspect:

Is much more accurate.

Holla Forums hates this game because they're too scared to go outside and they're bitter.

I paid my smartphone 170 bucks and I got as much worth for that price as a last gen smartphone.
This thing has 8 cores, I can do anything for it.
You don't need to be a retard and go with the masses to have a really nice phone, but I guess some anons are too old for novelties.

Smartphones are cheap, though. And unless you're a chimp that smartphone should last you for years, anyways.

I have a flip-phone and a smartphone :^)

Hundreds if not thousands a year is not cheap, not including the phone itself.
You can't escape, not with the modern phones being literal nsa machines.
Also,

Jump off a bridge.

did you fuck

But then I couldn't play Pokemon Go and shitpost on Facebook.

I miss my old Razr though. Not as much as I'd miss mobile gaming.

My first smartphone is 5 years old and counting, now my mom uses it.

2/10 made me reply

Yeah if you pay for a new phone and plan. Go to some secondhand shop, grab a slightly-old phone, and pay for a data play. And the fact that you haven't gone innawoods means that you're already paying the jew, and have big brother collecting your data. Hell, by virtue of being able to argue with me means your data's being logged somewhere.

I paid something like $10 for a flip-phone four years ago and it functions as good as the day I first got it. It's small and durable which means I can take it outdoors without risk of any damage. Unlimited talk and text for dirty cheap because it doesn't use any data. If I need to do something remotely with a computer I can use my laptop. Even phone apps can be emulated without difficulty when needed. Using a smaller screen for games and shit is bad for your eyes anyways.

Let me guess, you're just pretending to be retarded?

Oh, I forgot to mention. A flip phone only needs to be charged about once every ten days. I've had it go two weeks before at low usage.

Nope

I know how it is to be poor though. One day you'll get a real phone.

Dude your phone sounds exactly like mine tbh.
With the exception mine has the specs of a 4 year old laptop and yours is a piece of plastic with wirings.
Also it's dual sim so I have dirt cheap plan for calling and the option of having a data-only card so the Jews don't steal my call money and I can pay it whenever I feel like it.

By the way I made a board over at >>>/pokemongo/ so we can stop triggering anons over here.

Stop by if you want.

Stay fat, tubby.

user are you okay

There is a difference between being cheap and being poor. I expend absolutely nothing more than the very minimum required to meet my needs.

Try smashing it with a hammer.

No, you're just poor.

Sure you do, Hobo Ben

So you all are saying that if I go to the mall right now I'll see a bunch of autists running around in circles screaming about pokemon?

Depends on how many pokestops and gyms are there.

If you do take pictures.

user, that already exists in the form of Incense.

Give me a better alternative for smartphones .

Sounds like something a hobo would say. So do you also eat cat food or is that out of your budget?

Chicken mostly. I'm not too picky about what kind, since how you cook it is what matters the most. Though your preference appears to be centered on cock.

Chicken by products in cat food isn't suitable for human consumption. Hope you enjoy your salmonella.

I just caught a Pidgeot. :)

Do you cook it in a barrel filled with garbage on fire?

The real issue pokenerd should be mad about is how it isn't at all the pokemon adventure we are used to.

if that doesn't change I promise most real pokenerds are going to bail once sun and moon hit. I don't see many people getting that watch thing as it kind of takes away the reason to play this shit in the first place. What the point when you circumvent the AR and that really the attracting feature.

This is fun and all but I do not feel as if I am training a team when I kick out duplicates just to keep the most powerful because there is no training, no stats to increase or compare. The strategy element is gone and that's what pokemon is really.

How does it feel to be the worst shitposter on Holla Forums?

Grilling or baking for the most part. Pan frying is too much of a mess to clean up most of the time and the oil to deep fry is too expensive.

Holla Forums please, no one likes you

Another Cyanogenmod user. Neat. I recommend the app "Overchan" for your Holla Forums needs. I can't imagine using browser again after using Overchan.

Kotaku writes shitty b8. Don't give them attention.

You better have stopped helping her when she did that user. Bitches don't get a pass because they're wymmyn, fuck that.

Ninty is responsible for many of the greatest games of all time, but I really don't like what they've been doing for the past few years. They've made quite a few fantastic games but have faltered in many ways. They could be much worse.

Disgusting.

Truth.

Source? Faggot.

Kek

Free will is a lie, yes.

This game is for people who don't own a 3ds and want pokemon. It makes sense that it's casualized and lacks many gameplay features of the main series. It's genius actually, phones are more social and mainstream than 3ds, thus phone pokemon is a social game.

I think Ninty wants adults 20-30 to play too (and they are playing), and many in that demographic only know Gen 1. I think that's their thought process.

That is legitimately awesome. This is probably the main point of the game, when you cross paths with other people playing the game. I bet friendships will be made this way. I see this as a very positive thing.

I think it's a good idea that Ninty simplified the formula for the phone game in order to make it easier for newcomers to get into the game, but they should really add in a little more features and challenge. Clash of Clans proves that phone "gamers" like at least a little bit of strategy and challenge, it would only help the game.

Well reading about Pokemon red and blue the devs really wanted to emulate how kids catch butterflies and bugs and make collections of them, the strategy was only an afterthought to make the game less stale and more skill based.
This goes for Yo Kai Watch! too, and it's even more evident there.

The strategy was an afterthought.
20 years ago.

I'm second place. You're #1.

You forget, they don't make money from the average micro transaction user, they made money from the addicts.
For example, my brother recently spent 700$ IN A WEEK on a freemium game. That alone could probably cover the costs of a sizeable portion of the servers.

There is literally no reason to buy coins in the game. They're making money from this by having people playing it and getting their stocks to go up in value.

That's all it is. It has a fair business model that doesn't force you to buy anything unless you're an autistic sperg.

SciresM posted about a rile time memory editor for go that is in the makings already, I can't wait

That doesn't mean people won't buy them.

You can't expect everybody to be smart. I've seen people that have bought 20 copies of CSGO to cheat.

I've seen people that have bought 3 versions of the same pokemon game even though there was no need.

Complaining about people being dumb as an argument about how a game isn't good is a terrible argument.

FAKE AND GAY
The game gives you a large "radius" for Pokemon to appear around you. You can see this by the purple "ping" around your player.

Nigga, I was running around for like 3 hours, and my battery didn't go out.
Plus, GPS doesn't use a lot of data.

I hope you at least live in a mountainous areas, you fat fuck.

Walking around is exercise idiot.

If you weight 300 pounds, maybe.
Truth is your body will subtly make you just a pinch more hungry to compensate.
Either do actual cardio or assume it's not exercise.

I've always considered exercise to be strenuous and/or something you wouldn't normally do.
Walking is only exercise if you don't normally walk around, such as if you're a fat fuck.

I weigh 70 kilos and I never walk around.
You're just saying random bullshit

Nothing you said changes the fact that walking isn't exercise, unless you're too fat to be able to run.

somehow there are people in this thread who don't understand that turning on sat gps is a massive battery drain and that most people leave that shit off normally

i don't get how somebody who doesn't know how smartphones work would have an opinion about a smartphone game

Walking around for 2 hours will make you consume more calories than not moving at all. It is exercise, even if it's not much.

What about jogging, running, or biking, lardball? Or have you not heard of those? I'm sure somebody told you about them at least once, you were probably chewing too loud.

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about. Ingress has thrived for years and only somewhat recently introduced micro-transactions that aren't necessary in the least to have a large impact in the team-based gameplay. Plenty of assets were ripped straight from that game for Go as well, including the location of just about every Stop or Gym which I'm sure cut down on the workload plenty. It might be indirectly through subliminal advertising deals, but they'll make plenty back on their investment. In the event it was somehow a failure, it's a drop in the ocean for Nintendo.

More like this?

None of those things are walking, you fat idiot. None of those things are practical while playing Pokemon go. So busy trying to convince us you aren't out of shape that you forgot the point you were making?

1st They are power walking.
2nd They aren't just walking.
3rd Power walking is barely exercise, even on sand. Your stock image doesn't change that.

Somebody has literally never jogged, biked, OR launched Go even once. I re-iterate: stay fat, tubby.

Isn't GPS completely unrelated to data usage? And the company doesn't need to track them, the phone just sends them the coordinates, and the company's servers send the data assigned to those coordinates.

I am fat and ashamed, but can't lose weight because there's nothing in my life of value to do that for anymore.

Video games give me less depression than losing weight. My tries in lifting ended up with me consuming even more food and entire body being hurt as fuck.

Hahahaha.
Delectable.

Literally everyone I fucking know is playing this shitty game and won't shut the fuck up about it everywhere.

If you go walk around town, it's like everyone is a fucking zombie with a smartphone. It's cancerous as shit.

Then if you can't be happy for yourself, at least be happy for people who may have been in a similar sitiation (especially younger people), but going outside and catching digital critters was the motivation they needed to at least start putting one foot in front of the other, yeah? No, it's not a complicated or engaging experience, but it IS getting larger people off their butts when they normally probably wouldn't bother.

hahaha, nice one.
saved.

Saved, love it. Glad I could help.

Play Pokemon Go to lose weight.
Go jog, and when you're tired turn the data on and catch some sweaty machop.

You're right. I just own a bunch of props so that I can pretend that I do.

or exercise and eat better food like a normal person

Friend, please. My sides can't take keks of this magnitude.

Your sides can barely handle a swivel chair.

Is this a meme or something?

??!?
Agreed about eating healthy tho.

It's pineapple burgertime.

Oh, thought it said AM.

My friend flashed CM13 over the stock (abandoned) firmware just to play Pokemon GO

am i the only user having fun with this

fuck, PM.

Is there an online interactive map that shows current Pokemon in an area without having to download an app? Got no normalfag phone and am curious what's in the 10+ acre area.

You know that the the devs sold out to M$ right?

It's funny how people have died playing this game.

Too bad, CM13 is literally the only updated firmware for the phone
The only recovery is CM Recovery also

Every Pokemon-loving Nintendrone faggot (this is a significant demographic these days) I know has spent $10+ on extra pokeballs so far. It's printing money, especially for how little they obviously spent on the buggy, serverless piece of shit.

I tried having fun playing GO, but the gameplay is still too barebones to be a worthwhile experience for me. Also playing the game means that I'm supporting Ninty going mobile so unless the app is going to do everything I want and more then I'm not going to reinstall it.

Mobile games in general are shockingly shallow but this one takes the cake. You can barely even describe it as a game. It's really disturbing that this watered down shit is the direction everything seems to be going in. Fallout 5 is just going to be an incremental game where you just tap the screen really fast to drink nuka colas.

They're clearly planning on adding the rest at some point. Gen 1 Pokemon that got the newer types added have them in this and there are post gen 1 moves.

Still pretty good, but they gotta fix their shit servers, this is bullshit.

I only remember hearing about someone finding a dead body while playing this game.

There have been a few news sources that have talked about a kid falling off a bridge or someone getting stabbed, but the legitimacy of these news is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Sounds like a harrowing experience.

I tried this shit, but the lack of game is keeping me from looking like a complete idiot public. If this shit gave me bar coupons or some shit I'd reconsider.The autist in me wants to go out and collect shitmons, but the man in me says this is stupid and has no pay off what so ever.

Japanese card game machines shat out cards and had actual gameplay/gambling mechanics.I miss nippon

I'd bet the first deaths from this game are from somebody trying to play while driving.

why would you take a picture of a random dude in a store

Bullshit

You creep.

Remember that one pig who just so happened to be a shitposter? This might be him again.

You must find out who he is, follow him to his house and beat the shit out of him before he manages to get in.
That way he won't go out of his home again and take your gym.

Place a lure at the gym.

This

I wanted to, user. I really did. But normalfags have taken it too far. Best stick to Kagamin doujins and figs for now until someone creates a simple Kagamin AR app.

Darwin at work.

I am. And it's a bad idea considering it's not limited to stores.

I know WHY they did the genwunner thing, the fucking thing would cause mini-nuclear heat explosions if they actually put it in the phone game.

Not saying Go is good, in fact it's fucking horrible, but phones are not able to handle 3d games, they can BARELY HANDLE FUCKING ANGRY BIRDS.

Seriously, played it for like 20 minutes out of curiosity and I swear that shit would burn a hole through my pants if I let it.

Angry Birds is also shit, though this is common knowledge.

I saw a bug catcher teenage girl today. She wore shorts and had a straw hat on and her phone was attached to a battery in her backpack because pokemon go eats though battery charge. It was pretty cute desu

go back to /a/, autist.

Not him but Dota Two really does require an autistic amount of time to learn right Mr. Shitposter

Situational skill builds, knowing all the extremely overly specific niche rules when two different spells overlap and which ones get priority. It's not broodwar obviously but if you haven't played it enough to know whats its like I could see why you would assume its just Valve's version League of lesbians

Haha, holy shit

Is this fucking real life? If it is then

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Population control is happening

nigga, you gotta defeat the team rocket before the store owner gives you the bike

and yet everything is pointless if the rest of your team doesn't care
Yeah how fun

Miitomo should've been big, but I don't think Nintendo has updated the app to enable gifting or even room customization.
But hey, Miitomo now has loyal followers, albeit just around 3-4m

Pokemon Go has potential if Nintendo could just update it

I would post the webm video but my internet is shit.

thanks nintendo

Took 5 tries and 8 minutes.

maybe you should stop downloading trap porn.

I play solo queue ranked and with friends. You get good teams and you get bad teams. To cry about it does nothing

I don't see the need to strawman with "muh" memes dude. That just makes you look like an asshole

not everyone has google fiber you nigger.

I don't cry about it, I just stopped playing because mechanical depth in a game that isn't fun at all is about as useful as a glass in the middle of the desert

I jerk off to futa and I'm not as much of a raging faggot as you are.

come now

It's slightly gay but it's acceptable as long as their dicks are used only on women.

Help I went on a 4 mile walk and there wasn't a single pokemon. I got to level 6 in one night catching shit from my bedroom, but there is literally nothing outside of my house. The nearest stop is an 18 mile round trip. Looks like I can't really play.

Also, what kind of genius decided to make pokemon more rare outside of cities? Goddamn, throw us who live in bumfuck nowhere a bone and make more rare pokemon appear here or something. At least throw down some more stops at random locations on roads if there are none nearby or something.

They really should just implement something that avoids high crime areas aka nigger neighborhoods.

There exists plenty of data to show crime and where it exists, I'm sure it wouldnt be that hard to implement "No spawn areas" for the Pokemans near the high crime areas on maps.

Not sure how you could stop getting lured. I would assume some sort of verification system, or a feedback system, or maybe even active hotpot viewing.

I dunno. I genuinely think this """game""" is a pretty interesting concept, it just needs some polish.

I wish it ran in the background, my pokéman won't hatch itself.

There's also the factor that the game excludes a significant portion of the phone market because it requires 2GB of RAM. They could have made it run on just about anything, but they chose to make a top-heavy app. Also apparently it doesn't provide proper support for Intel processors.

Can you obtain pokemon eggs from pregnant women?

Do you have 9 extra chromosomes?

You act as if I have friends that give half a shit about Pokemon at my age.

Eh fuck talking, see you later niggas, I'm going to find me a ghost pokemon.

I admit that I was sort of hoping this would be like dream radar. At least that would make this app feel slightly less pointless.

ftfy

Isn't the issue more about getting your heart rate up rather than just walking?

Hey, that's true too.

one of pokemons design motif is socializing and it always has been, you clueless twit
in japan they've redoubled efforts to give this idea and get people active and socializing but overseas they've quietly pushed it to the corner because they know we're all absolute garbage at it and also not on a tiny island
embed related

Fuck, same. A park behind the bank is the only thing near me. I'm level 7 and not even been to a gym yet because there's nothing around.

wew

Well, no ghosts, but I got some other stuff at least.

If you encounter a pokemon while moving fast, do you have to stop immediately or can you keep driving?

You just click on it before you're out of range. I discovered this on the bus ride to work

I got quite the workout walking through the forest using the incense, then I decided to head home, and didn't close the game, encountered a seal right beside my house without the incense.

Does the game keep going when the screen is off, or only when it's open?

There is a time and a place to use that item

Only while it's going. You have to use the in-app battery saver mode which will make the screen go black when the light sensor is covered (ie the phone is in your pocket).

Ahh, okay, thanks.

It's also a television series, a trading card game, a series of backpacks, shirts, and other apparel, a line of toys and entertainment products as well as a producer of misc accessories, animations, and supply products.

It's been around for over 20 years now and to an entire generation that was raised on this shit, this is more than that.

This is their childhood.

I'm not saying that Pokemon GO is gonna be remembered within the next 10 to 20 years, but it is a massive step into the Mobile Market and ARG's by Nintendo, one that has been met with insane popularity and incredibly positive feedback.

The people who manage the company are not the same people who manage the game and so it's not too far of a stretch to say that they have some idea of to monetize this thing and force it to snowball even if the devs themselves are flailing tards.

So you're kind of right, Pokemon GO is just a shitty mobile game on its own, but it has the right endorsements, made by the right people, at the right time.

So again barring complete and utter incompetence on the part of Nintendo, this will be the game to launch that property into a golden age of profit.

And there's a lot you can do with just a lil brozouf.

Actually since you two seem to be on the level, can you play Pokemon GO on a Tablet or does it require a data plan? I have a friend who doesn't have a data plan for his phone, so I'm wondering if he can play as is or if he's gotta get a PAYG.

If the GPS works on it, it should work as long as he has wifi. He would have to find stops and gyms where there is wifi and be willing to stand in the middle of that public place with a tablet out to be able to play the game beyond catching the odd pokemon here and there.

Yeah, he's more autistic than anyone on here, so that's not a problem.

HOLY FUCK

I was sitting here, talking to you guys with the app open and a Gastly showed up. Got my ghost mon, fuckin A.

Ok, so, you guys have these threads as a general right? Could the next OP be less cancerous?

Regardless, any news on an actual v 1.0? The apk I have is 0.29, I would hope its glitches are related to it being unfinished. For example, map stop loading at times, the phone going to stand by after inactivity even though it asks for permissions on bypassing that, and overheating my device like a horny teen. That last one is probably my phone's fault, since it tends to do that, but still.

How do I make my pokes less shit for free?

I also have the 0.29, although I had to download from a link on the internet I found via google search. So no idea about any updates.

I tried to make a general, it was deleted because there is another thread with a cancerous article linked in the OP.

That's the moderation you're dealing with here on Holla Forums

Forgot to mention I have a board here though >>>/pokemongo/

In addition to the OTHER thread still on page 7 with under 350 posts and you can't read the rules, and just wanted to spam your shitty failure of a board.
This is the kind of retarded user you're dealing with here on Holla Forums.

provided the preexisting thread has not hit the bump limit
You're a faggot

And this thread has reached the bump limit, therefore you were not redirected here, only told to fuck off.
Kill yourself, you ESL meta-posting faggot.

I used apkmirror's download

I know they usually take a couple of hours, if not less, after an official update to upload a new version. by the way, remember to check if you didn't download an apk with extra spyware shit on it But I was asking more in the sense of Nintendo fixing all that shit present in 0.29

But there was no fucking other thread you dumb piece of fuck

Yeah but you need to catch like 30 of them to get a Gengar, probably

You actually need 9 if you want to keep them all, 6 if you're up to transfering them for candies.

so i fucking pulled out my gat and blasted those fuckers. Better be Red, or you're dead..

What are you even doing with your life?

There really should be a better combat system and PVP

I would have loved a 4th team for a bit more variety.

kek

abcnews.go.com/US/armed-robbers-pokemon-app-target-victims-cops/story?id=40474315&cid=abcn_fb

but hey that's better than sexual harm to minors.

I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

I haven't played since the third generation, someone give me a list of all the furry-bait pokemon.
I want to trigger autists.

I would've told you to go on reddit but not even they would want you.